Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

aphid_licker posted:

What was she doing that they decided they had to shoot her of all the people inside the capitol building?

This (TW: shooting, death)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-tSlFvtNvA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

its surprising to see that there were geared up police coming up right behind the crowd when she was shot.

She picked the absolute last moment to make a life ending decision.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Wish this guy was joking but the man in the "Camp Auschwitz" hoodie that reportedly says "STAFF" on the back was indeed upset.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

aphid_licker posted:

What was she doing that they decided they had to shoot her of all the people inside the capitol building?

There’s video of it happening from a few angles including the guy taking the shot. Looks like usss and rumor is that Pence and others were in that hall. Door is locked and barricaded by tables and desks as a pretty obvious ‘this far and no further’ line and she’s trying to get past it. Dude hesitates for a moment and then takes the shot.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I saw one video from next to the barricade, and there were cops with M4s trying to direct traffic, they kind of looked like they were just trying to wrangle the mob away from the secured area. Also, there appeared to be literally no one trying to administer first aid after she was dropped, all the Qultists were too busy with their phones out streaming on parler or gab or whatever.

Get better battle buddies, chuds.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
suicide by gop

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

canyoneer posted:

suicide by gop

:drat:

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

gently caress

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

canyoneer posted:

suicide by gop

:drat:

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

canyoneer posted:

suicide by gop

God drat.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
https://twitter.com/sludgeycourt/status/1347228100401090560?s=20

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Well the :votegop: smiley has been around for a while

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
The other zip tie guy is a decorated 53 year old air force vet named Larry Rendall Brock, Jr.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
drat, one air force vet getting shot and another who mysteriously finds zip ties so he carries em around with him.

Bad week for the af.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

drat, one air force vet getting shot and another who mysteriously finds zip ties so he carries em around with him.

Bad week for the af.

Just think of the quality leadership they’d have provided if they’d both stayed in.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Losing lifetime pension and health care to own the libs

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

Goddamn, just goddamn, wtf were they thinking. Finally done with all the bs of the military and got that sweet officer pension, only to throw it all away for a lovely used car salesman

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

canyoneer posted:

Losing lifetime pension and health care to own the libs

UCMJ applies for life to retirees.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Jimmy Smuts posted:

Goddamn, just goddamn, wtf were they thinking.
I'm pretty sure they weren't, in fact.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I'm pretty sure they weren't, in fact.

Well yeah, he was an officer after all.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Wasabi the J posted:

It’d be a pretty extraordinary move to bring someone active just to hammer them with UCMJ and we both know that they’re all getting kid gloves despite killing a cop, maybe even a full pardon depending on how Trump melts down this weekend.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Imagine how much worse USAFA grads would be if it was located in Utah.

brains
May 12, 2004

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

It’d be a pretty extraordinary move to bring someone active just to hammer them with UCMJ and we both know that they’re all getting kid gloves despite killing a cop, maybe even a full pardon depending on how Trump melts down this weekend.

there's a high-res full face photo of him standing at the center of the senate chamber with zipties in his hand and air force unit insignia on his chest. now his name, rank, and branch are all over the headlines, along with an unapologetic interview/admission of guilt. if there's anything that will get someone hammered with UCMJ, it's making the air force look bad.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

https://twitter.com/unsettlingmist/status/1347001920481865728?s=20

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Deleted. What was it?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Mmmmm surely this free honey that someone conveniently left out is on the level and not a trap, nothing but delicious honey for me mmmmmmm

https://twitter.com/Crimealytics/status/1347981566199422976

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

If it’s stupid, but it works even once...

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

CommieGIR posted:

Lot of Trumpists in the Air Force, so not too surprising.

I hear that a lot of Air Force guys get radicalized because the bases are near really lovely churches that control the social life of the folks there. Is that true?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

VanSandman posted:

I hear that a lot of Air Force guys get radicalized because the bases are near really lovely churches that control the social life of the folks there. Is that true?

You can just say it's full of mormons

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

VanSandman posted:

The Evangelical movement explicitly made converting the officer class of the Air Force a priority decades ago. Not for nothing is Colorado Springs a huge evangelical center, near USAFA. So they're getting it from leadership too

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Wasabi the J posted:

No, Mormons aren’t dominionists. The USAFA’s problem has been evangelical Protestants. https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/on-faith/debate-reignites-over-religion-at-air-force-academy/2012/07/16/gJQAvB0PpW_story.html

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Wasabi the J posted:

Yeah, as an ex-Mormon: Mormons are not this nuts. I know the AF Academy is plagued by Dominionist Evangelical types (doesn't help the location is also plagued by them

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Oh so my white grandma

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Itchy_Grundle posted:

Bill Murray looks like he's been hitting the gym.
I'm glad I'm not the only person who saw this.

canyoneer posted:

suicide by gop

:perfect:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

drgitlin posted:

No, Mormons aren’t dominionists.

Bullshit. They're just relaxed right now because the rest of the country doesn't give a gently caress about their pocket of control.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Icon Of Sin posted:

If it’s stupid, but it works even once...

A lot of them live streamed themselves so I don’t think the bar is too low

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Wasabi the J posted:

This came as a surprise, so I looked it up. Seems up until recently UCMJ applied to
"Marines and sailors who leave active duty after more than 20 years in uniform but less than 30 and who want to collect retiree pay move into the Fleet Reserve or Fleet Marine Corps Reserve."

But last year the Navy-Marine Corps Court of Criminal Appeals declared this unconstitutional.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2019/08/09/new-bombshell-legal-opinion-says-military-retirees-cant-be-court-martialed.html

Thread appropriate because
"Begani had been communicating with someone who he believed to be a 15-year-old girl, but who was actually an undercover NCIS agent.

He was sentenced to 18 months confinement and a bad-conduct discharge."

Please feel free to tell me why I'm wrong, and dumb.

Edit: from the WaPo link
"He alleges his dog was poisoned after he protested about the school’s religious climate later that year."
drat I knew these people sucked, but gently caress me that's beyond the Pale.

Weka fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jan 10, 2021

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Godholio posted:

Bullshit. They're just relaxed right now because the rest of the country doesn't give a gently caress about their pocket of control.

yeah, this exactly. mormonism is the first settler-colonial religion, you're even promised your own land when you die virtuously. a whole planet's worth!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Godholio posted:

No. As bad as Mormons are, they are not out to create a Christian Nation ruled with an iron fist.

They couldn't even convince themselves to do that in Utah. Mormons do not have the gall and lack of empathy necessary and generally dislike the confrontational and dystopian ideals that you see in the Evangelical crowd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Dick Burglar posted:

Deleted. What was it?

It was her last post around New Years about how Wednesday would be a big day or something and a reply on Wednesday night that was the dancing funeral dudes from Ghana.