Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i'm going to be the parasitic copepod that lives in the eye of the greenland shark

edit: welcome to page 435. page 435 celebration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It's page 435. To celebrate, here is page 435 in a page by page review of "Dune", the novelization of the film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyFQIqONJcM

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

the greenland shark's blood is pure pee, right?

i'm gonna bring pool halls back. millenials are gonna like pool now

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

We had a super rad pool hall here when I was a teenager, it was run by a former trucker named Elvis, we would walk in like it was that scene from Dazed and Confused.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Pool is stored in the halls.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cavauro posted:

:laffo:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Cavauro posted:

Not happy about this at all

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
Igloolik Inuit believe that the shark lives within the urine pot of Sedna, goddess of the sea, and consequently its flesh has a urine-like smell, and acts as a helping spirit to shamans.[50]

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
My urine smells like sharks so it all evens out

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

trouble with a capital T and that rhymes with P and that stands for pee

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I’ve peed in the ocean which means a dumb shark probably drank my pee.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

NienNunb posted:

the greenland shark's blood is pure pee, right?

i'm gonna bring pool halls back. millenials are gonna like pool now

We got divey pool halls here in Missourah that have stayed open through covid in a vaguely pandemic-responsible city by also making the best burgers in town. Its good poo poo there, you feel like minnesota fats himself

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Last time I wanted to play pool we were offered to join another couple since all the tables were in use. They immediately asked,"Should we make this interesting and put some money on it?" at which point we realized we weren't gonna get to play pool that night :sigh:

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I remember after a gig one of the comics was like "Hey, we're near a pool centre, let's shoot some balls" and we were all like okay. So he drove us there, and we all went in, and he's like "I'll be right there gimme a minute" and next thing we know he's walking in with a LONG BAG pulling out his CUSTOM POOL CUE anyway fun night he wasn't actually that good

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

"i see dead people," he said looking at a fat stack of benjamins

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Jeopardy on Netflix has been a highlight of the past year. To my knowledge it's not on TV here otherwise.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

So what's the deal with the Wheel of Fortune host? Is he a hostage being forced to present the show? He doesn't seem particularly enthusiastic for the game itself or to have any interest for the guests, is he a performance artist doing a long term exhibition of "phoning in at your job"?

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Artelier posted:

I remember after a gig one of the comics was like "Hey, we're near a pool centre, let's shoot some balls" and we were all like okay. So he drove us there, and we all went in, and he's like "I'll be right there gimme a minute" and next thing we know he's walking in with a LONG BAG pulling out his CUSTOM POOL CUE anyway fun night he wasn't actually that good

lol i did this at a work function a few years ago, except the ceo knew I played and requested i bring my gear so he could use me as a ringer against his friends. everyone else thought i was moron but the extra cash didn't judge

i usually just hide my gear until money is involved

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Pat Sajak is a chud, he is simply incapable of emoting enthusiasm or kindness

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Critical posted:

i usually just hide my gear until money is involved

I love you, Uncle Phil :shobon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RaWAQIBZ2I

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

I prefer the Guile version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7PF2iQgoAM

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

this is great cause I have a story about it.

met up with a girl i was talking to since she and her friends were doing karaoke at a place nearby. they had a few tables so we played a bit. next to us is a guy and his wife, both with off the rack sears sports department sticks. (no shame, i bought a $20 job from MVP sports when I was 14 and used it for years, but they have a distinctive look and can be spotted a mile away)

so after a bit they pegged me as someone who knew his rear end in a top hat from his wristwatch and asked if me and my girl wanted a match with them. my date had negative interest but one of her friends jumped in, assuring me he had played for a bit of money before. "yeah we'll be fine, I gotta hit the bathroom, let them break"

so when i toddled back in with a case the size of a buick on my back the dudes wife smacked him on the arm and said "I told you he was a fuckin uncle phil!" and my date looked completely mortified. we dated for like six months and she deservedly gave me poo poo about it the entire time

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I have the distinct honor to present to you: Rugrats Pat Sajak

And his terrible goblin son

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Dammit, I was just about to post this one.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

NienNunb posted:

I have the distinct honor to present to you: Rugrats Pat Sajak

Did you mean to include this screencap from Shin Godzilla

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

This is literally one of Marty's top five scenes, I will not be moved from this take.

https://youtu.be/fsAE2jFPqLw

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

another quick one since i just remembered it

my dad started teaching me how to play pool when I was 12. we played every friday, an 8-ball match first to 9 wins on the big 9 footer at our bowling alley. since i was tiny and awful he gave me a handicap. after sides were chosen he would pull three of my balls off the table, so effectively i had to make 5 while he had to make 8. good deal. i lost every time, sometimes in a 9-1 or 9-2 fashion, usually getting shut out. we did this for years until I started beating him and then we suddenly stopped for some reason

almost a decade later i'm at a bar in colorado trying to hash out a match with a guy who wants weight since my league rating is higher than his. i mention the three balls thing (this was an obvious rookie move, usually you just give games or spot them the 8) and his reaction is unexpectedly hostile

"what am I a loving shmuck? that's the oldest trick in the book! kid thinks I'm a loving idiot!"

so when I asked what the deal was and explained that's the handicap my dad gave me, he laughed and said "kid no wonder you got good fast, your dad hustled you for years. he was taking your balls out of his way so it was easier to play position and run out"

it made perfect sense and it had never even occurred to me. when I called my dad and yelled at him he said "life's a bitch" and laughed so hard he had to get off the phone to pee

NienNunb posted:

This is literally one of Marty's top five scenes, I will not be moved from this take.

https://youtu.be/fsAE2jFPqLw

loving amazing scene and movie. my favorite out of the "tom cruise is good at a very specific thing" collection, he got good enough to perform some of the trick shots himself apparently

Critical fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jan 16, 2021

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Critical posted:

my dad started teaching me how to play pool when I was 12. we played every friday, an 8-ball match first to 9 wins on the big 9 footer at our bowling alley. since i was tiny and awful he gave me a handicap. after sides were chosen he would pull three of my balls off the table, so effectively i had to make 5 while he had to make 8. good deal. i lost every time, sometimes in a 9-1 or 9-2 fashion, usually getting shut out. we did this for years until I started beating him and then we suddenly stopped for some reason

almost a decade later i'm at a bar in colorado trying to hash out a match with a guy who wants weight since my league rating is higher than his. i mention the three balls thing (this was an obvious rookie move, usually you just give games or spot them the 8) and his reaction is unexpectedly hostile

"what am I a loving shmuck? that's the oldest trick in the book! kid thinks I'm a loving idiot!"

so when I asked what the deal was and explained that's the handicap my dad gave me, he laughed and said "kid no wonder you got good fast, your dad hustled you for years. he was taking your balls out of his way so it was easier to play position and run out"

it made perfect sense and it had never even occurred to me. when I called my dad and yelled at him he said "life's a bitch" and laughed so hard he had to get off the phone to pee

Dads rock.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Critical posted:

legendary dad move.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Dad power move.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y86sHTbVEs

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Reminds me of when I thought my mom was amazing at bedtime stories but it turned out she was just recapping episodes of "Monkey." Parents are a work

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

God I loved The Color of Money. The bit that always stands out for me is near the start where John Turturro has been hustled so effectively and finally complains he's out of money, and Tom Cruise just goes,"Okay cool let's just play for fun! :haw:" and the look on Turturro's face is just so loving beautiful.

Critical posted:

Absolutely loving amazing, your dad owns :allears:

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

On May 8, 2019, Sajak broke the world record for having the longest career as game-show host for the same show, hosting Wheel of Fortune for 35 years and 198 days and he's signed to 2022.

He must want to do something new by this point.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
You might say he's been a consonant presence.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

https://youtu.be/ckD0MFHMNuQ

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

tricked by the no embed. gonna be one of those days

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I just want to help you become more cultured

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Everything I’ve ever seen of the game looks like piss. Is that the intention

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

a cyborg mug posted:

Everything I’ve ever seen of the game looks like piss. Is that the intention

your monitor is actually switched off and you are seeing your own reflection in lieu of the content you should be seeing