Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The Croc posted:

Regarding the death of Brodie Lee, there was apparently lung damage that he had previously that was not diagnosed with prior to his lungs not working but even when they figured that out they weren’t able to save him

Thats what was in the observer

Dave said this. Here's what Ringside wrote:

quote:

It was noted in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that Brodie Lee suffered from pre-existing lung damage, but it was not noted what that damage was. When they figured out what was wrong it was too late to save Brodie Lee.

gently caress all the way off with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Not to defend RSN in general or H. Jenkins in particular, but that reads more like a byproduct of Jenkins being an iffy writer than the byproduct of any intent to deceive.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

ringside news being horrificly lovely isn't news but this incident did remind me of when they took the time to post a bunch of memes w/r/t sonya devilles stalker breaking into her house right after it happened like the disgusting scumbags they are.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Brodie's widow has posted a related Instagram story:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Jesus Christ can these people just let the woman grieve without being absolute loving weirdos about it

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
loving hell that's the grossest shittiest way they could have replied

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

These bastards should not be allowed to be safe at any wrestling shows for the rest of their lives.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
You pretty much have to have no shame to work at a site like that, so I'm not even a little bit surprised at that response, but it's still pretty galling that they're capable of talking to a widow like that.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

just more iffy writing, lol

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

"This isn't an apology. This was me telling you what had happened."

It's not enough to have some kind of shame when the widow calls you out for reporting false poo poo, you have to respond to her like an rear end in a top hat. The gently caress is wrong with these people?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Just straight up "I'll show that grieving widow who's boss!!" like some kind of poor rear end Mr Burns

cauliflower jones
Nov 8, 2009
https://twitter.com/titowrestling/status/1349848185984987140?s=19

Numbers don't lie

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

it's not my fault, I'm just badly paraphrasing a paraphrase of a paraphrase, you should be mad at the person two rungs of this ladder above me, but also, this is just how journalism works, ma'am, I'm a reporter, please consider growing up

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Fresh Like Zafo posted:

It's not enough to have some kind of shame when the widow calls you out for reporting false poo poo, you have to respond to her like an rear end in a top hat. The gently caress is wrong with these people?

A large part of wrestling journalism, really any fandom journalism, is essentially fan non-fiction. (Except sometimes it's also fiction because they're not so good at the little things like 'research' or 'citing evidence' or 'gathering quotes.')

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

yeah it's that typically this kind of "news" site is covering like rumors that somebody has been hired to play somebody in a Marvel movie and nobody really cares when the "source" is some guy tweeting that it would be cool if Keanu Reeves played Boomerang, and when they try to use the same methods to write about an actual death they look like assholes instead of just dipshits

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

And they spell "DISASTER" for you at Sacrifice!

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

How does someone find this months later and not even the popular tweet that actually got engagement?

https://twitter.com/Bailey_Jay_TS/status/1350144019314008066

Hold up

Alright, who is on TK's payroll and not sharing with the rest of us.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Lethrom posted:

Hold up

Alright, who is on TK's payroll and not sharing with the rest of us.

Me and Rarity, right now.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

https://twitter.com/reverendgv1/status/1349859630311215105

kenny needs to act more like the cleaner also i don't know what the cleaner is

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Kenny moved to Japan to shoot fireworks out of his rear end and get run over by cars with Ibushi, I don't think this dude has watched anything out of Japan at all

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Japan relies on technical in-ring work, because of the language barrier you see, Japanese wrestling fans don't understand Japanese so they can't cut promos

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Either this dude has never watched Japanese wrestling or the only Japanese wrestling he's watched is, like, RINGS or something

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Japanese wrestling relies more on the technical side of wrestling.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

japanese wrestling relies on the more technical side of things

https://twitter.com/OBEYBrookes/status/1347925785865146370

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Japanese wrestling relies on the more technical side of wrestling

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ItohRespectArmy posted:

https://twitter.com/OBEYBrookes/status/1347925785865146370

Well sure DDT is goofy as hell but Kenny was in New Japan and they hold themself to a higher standard

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

https://thumbs2.redgifs.com/PoorSpitefulDugong.mp4

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
To be fair, throwing yourself backwards on your head a dozen times in a row and not dying horribly does require a great deal of technical skill.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Cerebral Bore posted:

To be fair, throwing yourself backwards on your head a dozen times in a row and not dying horribly does require a great deal of technical skill.

Not when your Kota Ibushi and just immune to neck damage

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Rarity posted:

Well sure DDT is goofy as hell but Kenny was in New Japan and they hold themself to a higher standard

Every now and then, I go back and revisit this match on NJPW World. It's the platonic ideal of a comedy match - the gags have a solid build, the commentators are trying to work out how to call the match, and the two guys in the ring are trying to out-shithead each other.

Yano's match with Sanada at the same tournament was great as well, in that Sanada just would not have a bar of Yano's antics.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Senerio posted:

I've watched this GIF like 30 times, it's mesmerizing

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

https://twitter.com/tde_gif/status/1350625784994668546?s=20

Insertnamehere31 fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Jan 17, 2021

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Japanese wrestling relies more on etc etc Hyper Misao on a bicycle

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Serious wrestler Hyper Misao had a match the other day where she and her opponent, the littlest kaiju Shoko Nakajima, hit each other with Godzilla toys from gacha machines because wrestling Japan is serious, you see.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Years ago I saw a clip from a Japanese match where the wrestlers kept freezing in place so a recording of their internal monologue and sometimes video of their past antics together could play in an attempt to express the comedic pain of having to fight someone who used to be your friend, and it ended with one of them killing the other with a sword, and I have no idea who or what it was, but it was magical.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

I’m pretty sure that was a DDT match (no surprises there) and it also contained a moment where the ref also had an emotional flashback photo montage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Couldn't find it online anymore, so I hope this works:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3kLAS_jvYQ