Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
In theory Bulma could just wish to be immune to taxation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

jivjov posted:

I'm ringing in 2021 with a rewatch of GT. Not sure how much regret I will suffer.

Bon para para, bon papa!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Rand Brittain posted:

Pfft, you think the richest person in the world needs magic for that.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Rand Brittain posted:

Could you wish for no one to ever go hungry and everyone to have home, food, water, and medicine whenever they need it for the rest of their lives, with this just being a thing for anyone who lives on Earth?

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Rand Brittain posted:

The dragon can't grant wishes that are above the powers of his creator.

Also I'm really glad we got the Dan Dan intro, that's a really nice song and it actually feels like it wants to be a part of a 'non-Z' DB remake.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Covok posted:

Could you wish for no one to ever go hungry and everyone to have home, food, water, and medicine whenever they need it for the rest of their lives, with this just being a thing for anyone who lives on Earth?

If Little Green can't do it Shenron can't do it.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Funky Valentine posted:

If Little Green can't do it Shenron can't do it.

I started to ask "does this mean Kami could create the world's most comfortable underwear any time he wanted" but then I realized

clothes beam

you win this round, toriyama

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
The "Shenron's power is limited to that of its creator" was always weird to me because it implies that Kami/Dende have "resurrecting the dead" under their power umbrella, so it makes "let's fly around the world to collect the Dragon Balls" seem silly when you could just pop up to the Lookout and go "hey Krillin died again can we get an assist?"

It also implies Kami/Dende could just, you know, make people immortal.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Raxivace posted:

It took me 5 and a half years to finish watching GT lol.

ive only seen youtube clips of GT, and I plan on keeping it that way

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Kanos posted:

The "Shenron's power is limited to that of its creator" was always weird to me because it implies that Kami/Dende have "resurrecting the dead" under their power umbrella, so it makes "let's fly around the world to collect the Dragon Balls" seem silly when you could just pop up to the Lookout and go "hey Krillin died again can we get an assist?"

yeah I always assumed it was like, limited by the power of the creator in the sense that a normal scientist can't make Android 17

it's not that Kami/Dende are as capable or powerful as the dragon they make, just that dragon making is a skill and some namekians are better at it

but also it's DBZ and skill is framed as power; the best martial artist is also the most powerful martial artist

Lunatic Sledge fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jan 3, 2021

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

I always theorized it was something like Kami/Dende could do the wishes, but it would require them to be at their full potential and then use up all their power and probably kill themselves doing it. While Shenron has a snapshot of their full power, and can just turn the dragonballs to stone and recharge himself after a wish.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Rand Brittain posted:

Come on, you know she just put all that poo poo under Vegeta's name and then moved CC's main office to his native planet Vegeta. Plus as a member of an ethnic group with less than ten members total he qualifies as a minority-owned business for a reduced tax rate and other benefits.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

I really enjoyed super and out of morbid curiosity I tried GT a few years ago to see if people screaming about how GT was better and under appreciated had any sort of point.

Holy gently caress they don’t GT is so much worse then I imagined. Even putting aside the well known garbage the animation and fight choreography are just so ludicrously bad. Especially the fights, holy poo poo.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kanos posted:

I think Shenron can do more then it's creator. It's just limited in that it can't do things to people stronger then it's creator without that person's consent.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Bulma probably pays her taxes like a good upstanding member of society.

Frieza however, clearly does not.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

David D. Davidson posted:

Bulma probably pays her taxes like a good upstanding member of society.

honestly if frieza knew about the insidious and subtle long term mental anguish that is an overly complex and unforgiving tax system he'd probably leave more people alive

edit: just imagine frieza delightedly screaming all the forms you're going to have to fill out if you don't want the ginyu force to blow up your house

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lunatic Sledge posted:

honestly if frieza knew about the insidious and subtle long term mental anguish that is an overly complex and unforgiving tax system he'd probably leave more people alive

edit: just imagine frieza delightedly screaming all the forms you're going to have to fill out if you don't want the ginyu force to blow up your house

"This...isn't even your final form!"

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

David D. Davidson posted:

People pay taxes to Freeza.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Burkion posted:

"This...isn't even your final form!"

:golfclap:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Covok posted:

Am reminded of a bit in Dragon Ball where the middle eastern ish desert dude was fighting to buy water for his people with the prize money, but Jackie Chun just tells him water is free where they are, and afterwards he's seen bringing a huge tank of water in a capsule to his home village to keep them going til they figure out what happened to their water source. (which ties into the next arc; og Dragon Ball seems to be good about that)

Is still funny that apparently a dog wished to be king of the world and seems to have done a pretty good job at it. And is enough on the ball that he knows who Goku and Gohan are and what actually happened with Cell.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Lunatic Sledge posted:

First Intergalactic Bank of Frieza

The loan interest rate is whatever friezas current power level is.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

RevolverDivider posted:

I really enjoyed super and out of morbid curiosity I tried GT a few years ago to see if people screaming about how GT was better and under appreciated had any sort of point.

Holy gently caress they don’t GT is so much worse then I imagined. Even putting aside the well known garbage the animation and fight choreography are just so ludicrously bad. Especially the fights, holy poo poo.

It's a shounen anime that only has poo poo fights, that should be illegal.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
On the topic of good fights just rewatched Dead Zone and World's Strongest and man those movies are fun to watch

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

It does not take all that much energy to make a new body or grab a soul out of the afterlife.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars
I hate GT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIte9jSq4g0

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

How long before the next DBS manga chapter?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Siegkrow posted:

How long before the next DBS manga chapter?

It’s supposed to be released on the 20th

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
How long until the next DBS anime episode?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

bowmore posted:

How long until the next DBS anime episode?

We've known there's a movie being made since like...what, two years ago? More? And literally the only thing we got was "yes we're working on a movie" and absolutely nothing else so who the gently caress knows.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

jfc why would you just link that

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I see that there's a new steelbook set of blurays for DBZ that's trickling out on Funimation's store. Is this another poo poo release that I should avoid or is it passable?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Star Man posted:

I see that there's a new steelbook set of blurays for DBZ that's trickling out on Funimation's store. Is this another poo poo release that I should avoid or is it passable?
It's more than likely it's the same poo poo blurays with a fancy box

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
It'd be nice to get the VHS stereo audio that is floating around in an official release the difference really is incredible.

Shame it will never happen.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Beamed posted:

jfc why would you just link that

Honestly, it's something to remember if another GT fan gets in your face.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I do wonder if Baby 2 and SSJ4 Gogeta are something of an attempt to be able to pretend GT has good fights.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

I always assumed bringing people back from a dead was just a shittier version of Picollo's clothes beam.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I do wonder if Baby 2 and SSJ4 Gogeta are something of an attempt to be able to pretend GT has good fights.

No?

Nobody at Toei or I imagine ASW cares about the quality of GT's fights. They just want to sell merch/DLC, and there are people who like those characters or the gameplay hooks those characters let them implement.

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Jan 19, 2021

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Hes called Super Baby 2 because he is the second super baby

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I always forget about Super Baby 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013