Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Maybe the real villain was inside us all along

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Neon Genesis Jojolion

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Yoshikage Kira again?

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Brought To You By posted:

Because we still have Kaato somewhere in the background and the un-named bloke from Chapter 1. Head Doctor just doesn't feel like a jojo final boss at all and we know from the Tsurugi flashforward that things will keep happening after he gets taken down by the Maid.

As much as I'd love Kaato to do something I'm not counting on it. She came back from prison and showed off a bit and then she hasn't done anything since. The idea of her being the big bad just feels like speculation from when she was introduced that just never went away.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I wonder how many people during Part 5 were absolutely sure Fugo would come back and be the main villain.

Because if Kaato even reappears at all, I'll be very surprised.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Haven't been keeping up with Part 8 but just a hunch...

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I wonder how many people during Part 5 were absolutely sure Fugo would come back and be the main villain.

Because if Kaato even reappears at all, I'll be very surprised.

Kaato just decides this is all too Bizarre for her, pulls a Toyota 86AES out of her deck of cards and drives away.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

Yoshikage Kira again?

Wouldn't that be Diavolo + Requiem?

CodfishCartographer posted:

As much as I'd love Kaato to do something I'm not counting on it. She came back from prison and showed off a bit and then she hasn't done anything since. The idea of her being the big bad just feels like speculation from when she was introduced that just never went away.
I don't see the Head Doctor walking out of this arc alive. So someone has to be there to carry the plot to whatever conclusion we're heading towards.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Brought To You By posted:

Wouldn't that be Diavolo + Requiem?

I don't see the Head Doctor walking out of this arc alive. So someone has to be there to carry the plot to whatever conclusion we're heading towards.

What makes you think that killing the head Doctor won't be the end of part 8? Sincerely, where does it go from there? There's no other antagonist or anyone standing in the way of Gappy and friends achieving their goals.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

What makes you think that killing the head Doctor won't be the end of part 8? Sincerely, where does it go from there? There's no other antagonist or anyone standing in the way of Gappy and friends achieving their goals.

All of Chapter 83 showing that some kind of mind control is in effect causing the Higashikata family to not be aware of the horrible things the subsequent chapters recount. And Tsurugi dragging Norisuke's corpse through a room. I know it's been a while but we do have the whole plot point about Tsurugi's stand undergoing some kind of evolution so unless all that just gets ignored we have more to cover in the plot.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

every main jojo villain has some kind of major transformation, and the Head Doctor hasn't really had that yet. i don't think the reveal that the doctor was a stone human's stand particularly rates.

it just doesn't feel like it's the end yet. i'm still laying down bets that someone's gonna use the fruit to become a fused person like Josuke with a deeply buck wild stand.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Yeah Joubin or Tsurugi if Joubin dies feel like the next step. Joubin wants the fruit for his own needs and Tsurugi seems to be behind Joubin all the way and would more than likely carry on Joubin's ambition if anything happens to him.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm the villain

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Johnny's body on a quest to get the fruit to get a new head.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

y'all might think i'm joking but i still genuinely think part of johnny or jesus got left in the ground by the tree and it ended up in gappy

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

it would be really cool if something like that happened and that's why the wall eyes were a thing. were the bite marks ever explained?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I thought it was zombie Jesus just crawling around biting people

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

Johnny Joestar posted:

y'all might think i'm joking but i still genuinely think part of johnny or jesus got left in the ground by the tree and it ended up in gappy

It's the balls.

This is just the lead-up to the second coming of Christ.

Dragonwagon fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Jan 17, 2021

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

I say the final boss is gonna be Jobin, brought back with the rokakaka. Whoever's sacrificed to revive him (my money's on Kaato), it will transform Speed King, and we'll get the final boss stand. Jobin has been built up far too much to just die from Wonder of U, and I'd expect his "final" stand to handle the possible time fuckery we saw in the flash forward.

Totally expecting some Jesus bullshit, too

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

The final bad guy will be Fun Fun Fun completely redesigned again.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
The main villain is gonna be part 3 hol horse

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The final boss is that can of WD40 that killed Jobin.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Shakedown Road 2: The Stakes Have Raised

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The main villain is gonna be part 3 hol horse

an entire horse?!?!?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
New chapter

More hints at what's really going on with the bubbles.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

haha get fukd Joshu.
This poo poo is confusing as hell but I'm looking forward to seeing where it ends. For no reason what-so-ever, I'm imagining he's got some sort of Tusk like ability as well in there. Some golden rotation at your finger tips poo poo, which would also be OP as all hell.

Sad that Nijimura just came and got murdered

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Ok he definitely is part Johnny, gonna be real surprised if this and the half-flaming eyes killing intent stuff from early on don't turn out to be because part of Johnny got mixed in with him

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

NIJIMURAAAAAAAA :negative:

Crazy speculation: The bubbles work like Tusk Act 4, but instead of affecting you across dimensions it affects you across time.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
i'm glad this is confusing even by jojo standards now

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

The first thing to pop in my head when Nijimura immediately dies :

https://youtube.com/watch?v=4UMHduT30s0

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

NIJIMURAAAAAAAA :negative:

Crazy speculation: The bubbles work like Tusk Act 4, but instead of affecting you across dimensions it affects you across time.

[Soft & Wet: Bites the Dust]?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Okay, so Josuke HAS to have something to do with Johnny. Soft & Wet is clearly connected to Tusk somehow.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

haven't read the new chapter yet but my theory about johnny seriously has legs to it because he literally got bonked right by the tree where our protagonist emerged from the soil. like, don't forget that the tree and that spot in particular is noted as being special.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The big twist of Part 8 is that Josuke doesn't have 2 sets of balls, but 1 ball from each body (Jesus, Johnny, Josefumi, and Kira.)

rko
Jul 12, 2017
At this point regarding whether or not the head doctor is the final antagonist, given how hosed up the whole cast is right now, and given how it’s not the shot Josuke took but its effect that Araki’s treating as the cliffhanger, my assumption is that how Josuke’s stand power works is going to be the main focus of the next chapter, and the end result is either that the new spin reverses the flow of calamity so the family can have the scene we saw in the flashforward, or following the head doctor’s defeat, another stand ability activates.

This can’t be the ending either way; we still have conflict. Even if Jobin and Norisuke aren’t somehow revived through whatever happens next, we still have Holly and Tsurugi who both need the New Rokakaka to cure their illness, and Caato wants to take possession of the Higashikata estate and all it includes. And Jobin’s ambitions shouldn’t be ended unceremoniously as just one of a pile of bodies, for that matter. I also think it loving blows if Araki brought back Nijimura only to have her step into a room, get headshot, and toss Josuke a phone.

Real cocktease of a chapter though, because it’s going to be another month before we know what direction things are headed in. But no matter what, the ultimate fate of the Higashikata household has to be decided, and that’s going to be a whole arc, or at least a very substantial epilogue.

If I’m wrong and this is the end, it’ll instantly make this one of my least favorite parts instead of one of my top three.

Johnny Joestar posted:

haven't read the new chapter yet but my theory about johnny seriously has legs to it because he literally got bonked right by the tree where our protagonist emerged from the soil. like, don't forget that the tree and that spot in particular is noted as being special.

It’s legitimately hilarious you posted that without having read the chapter, enjoy.

E: oh to be clear you’re most definitely right, the Wall Eyes are a Devil’s Palm and Johnny is its Jesus, that much seems clear from the flashback we got in Shakedown Alley. Another thing that needs to be made clear and foregrounded before the series can be over.

Araki may have told people it’s the final act, but it sure seems like he’s got a lot left to wrap up!

rko fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jan 18, 2021

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Even if this is the ending, it's still not as anticlimatic as Pt5's ending!

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yeah, 'final act' is kind of a load-bearing term when considering a years-long arc. it's definitely not going to be ending in like 2-3 chapters.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Steel ball run was in its final act for like three years

rko
Jul 12, 2017
E: yeah the correct comparison imo is to say that we’re either at the end of the Vanilla Ice fight or we’re at the last stage of the SBR race, depending on how much exposition about stand powers needs to be done between now and the end. We still need complete explanations of how Speed King, Soft and Wet and Caato’s conspicuously unnamed stand work, so I’m guessing the head doctor was the Vanilla Ice type—especially since he’s been tied so much to the supporting cast over Josuke.

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Even if this is the ending, it's still not as anticlimatic as Pt5's ending!

Nah, that did wrap up all the conflicts and addressed the main themes; there’s just no way for the Head Doctor’s defeat to do that unless Araki threw his hands up and solved the Higashikatas’ problems by killing all of them.

Also, based on this chapter, Araki is directly telling us that Josuke’s stand is the key to removing the curse from the Higashikata blood line, and unless killing the Head Doctor does that, he’s got work to do that will presumably take up more than an epilogue.

rko fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jan 18, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I Want Time poo poo