Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
anime
.hack//Sign
.hack//Legend of the Twilight
.hack//Roots
View Results

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Vengeful cat is a good one, it just needs 40 updates so things happen in it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

LorneReams posted:

“It’s longer then you think” always gives me chills.

That's what she said

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Nemo2342 posted:

I did read the series about the guy who reincarnated as a vending machine (he was a big vending machine aficionado so he was ok with it).

People mention this one but never link it so I swear it's a hallucination

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Nalin posted:

The Middle-Aged Newbie Adventurer, Trained to the Brink of Death by the Strongest Party, Became Unbeatable

How's that for a title? It's a pretty fun fantasy adventure so far. The villains are comical, the plot moves quick, the MC punches hard, the dark elf is cute, and the artist draws some pretty bad-rear end dragons. A solid, wholesome, 8/10 star series.

The only thing I found disappointing about this was that Rick's power wasn't the space-time pocket dimension he apparently did his best Isaac Netero impression in. It just made him Saitama Other than that a solid read. I like that the elf's power is guns but the Intelligent Orc is still my favorite.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

ZeusCannon posted:

People mention this one but never link it so I swear it's a hallucination

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0763LLK22

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Also: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/i-reincarnated-into-a-vending-machine/ (I haven't read the web novel so YMMV)

Having read all 3 novels, I have the follow warnings:

1) It's a little hornier than you'd expect, though not to the extent that it becomes super offputting
2) There's a really unnecessary chapter on menstruation in volume 3
3) Volume 3 ends with the leads to more adventures, but (to date) the author hasn't written any additional volumes

That being said, I thought it was a pretty good read and it was a lot of fun seeing how far the vending machine gimmick could be stretched.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Everything Burrito posted:

same, I tend to avoid all the ones that are some form of "human person reincarnates as non-human/inanimate monster or object" because it twigs some...idk body horror revulsion for me or something. Like just as a concept the idea of being a mind trapped in something that can't speak or possibly can't even move on its own is horrifying.

sword dad is cool because he helps its daughter kill slavers without mercy and impunity

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

darkgray posted:

If someone gets around to scanlating the manga adaptation, Kita no Toride nite (At the Northern Fort) is cute and fluffy about a girl who reincarnates as an adorable fox spirit thing.

It's cute and it's unfortunate nobody is translating it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Nemo2342 posted:

2) There's a really unnecessary chapter on menstruation in volume 3

wh

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

A major gimmick in the series is the MC's ability to transform into any type of vending machine he saw in life and vend any product he ever bought. So there's a very awkward sequence where he has to vend sanitary napkins then turn into a coin operated washing machine for the FL while they're in the middle of a journey.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

same, I tend to avoid all the ones that are some form of "human person reincarnates as non-human/inanimate monster or object" because it twigs some...idk body horror revulsion for me or something. Like just as a concept the idea of being a mind trapped in something that can't speak or possibly can't even move on its own is horrifying.

I hope you're at least reading Sword Dad. Other than needing to be saved from being stuck in magic-draining land, Sword Dad is mobile and vocal, and doing his best for Cat Daughter.

She's even learning to eat with a knife and fork!

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Nemo2342 posted:

A major gimmick in the series is the MC's ability to transform into any type of vending machine he saw in life and vend any product he ever bought. So there's a very awkward sequence where he has to vend sanitary napkins then turn into a coin operated washing machine for the FL while they're in the middle of a journey.

okay but that's hilarious that absolutely seems necessary

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

quote:

read Sword Dad
I'm not because that's one of the ones that I was specifically talking about avoiding, for the reason I already described. :psyduck:

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Why is it called sword dad? Did the dude and his daughter both hey hit by truck kun and reincarnate?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Nitrousoxide posted:

Why is it called sword dad? Did the dude and his daughter both hey hit by truck kun and reincarnate?
the sword is a reincarnated dude, who is being wielded by a preteen catgirl nonreincarnator he is mentoring

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Yeah 'Sword Dad' is a nickname, albeit one prominent enough to be included in the alt-titles on Mangadex. It's actual name is Tensei Shitara Ken Deshita or Reincarnated as a Sword.

The sword can fly, as well as use telepathy and telekinesis, so it's hardly helpless. Early on he gets stuck in some magic-draining earth, which stops him being able to regenerate enough magic to fly away until he's found by a runaway slave fleeing a monster. They kill the monster and the slaver, and begin travelling together as master and student.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
second chapter of Cat Isekai
Because of this cat, I decided to slay the Demon King

edit:
And another one

Huzzah! fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jan 16, 2021

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Still looking forward to another isekai where someone comes back as Yggdrasil and spends 19 chapters of dialogue screaming because they're not human anymore and nothing feels right.

ianmacdo
Oct 30, 2012

Elfface posted:

Yeah 'Sword Dad' is a nickname, albeit one prominent enough to be included in the alt-titles on Mangadex. It's actual name is Tensei Shitara Ken Deshita or Reincarnated as a Sword.

The sword can fly, as well as use telepathy and telekinesis, so it's hardly helpless. Early on he gets stuck in some magic-draining earth, which stops him being able to regenerate enough magic to fly away until he's found by a runaway slave fleeing a monster. They kill the monster and the slaver, and begin travelling together as master and student.

In one early chapter he gets the power to transform into a human, but he doesn't have any clothes and then he never uses it again.
Which is a nice change from most of the monster ones where they turn into people by like chapter 3.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

ianmacdo posted:

In one early chapter he gets the power to transform into a human, but he doesn't have any clothes and then he never uses it again.
Which is a nice change from most of the monster ones where they turn into people by like chapter 3.

Definitely one of the big reasons I got hooked on Kumoko but not Slime.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah I wish slime was just slime most of the time but instead it's guy usually, slime for side moments

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I was going to make one recommendation here but then I decided to check the author (they go by Kaya) just in case and I saw they've done some other stuff as well, so here's a handful instead of just one. Overall these are fairly light-hearted stories, but this author always throws some kind of wrench into the works that complicates things.

First is one that's already come up, Two Saints Wander Off Into A Different World (NovelUpdates). This one has two best friends that get transported into a different world so they can purify the miasma that empowers monsters. Normally in this world, the Saints stay in one area and that's good enough, but this time is been much longer between Saints and the miasma is particularly bad. Thankfully these two friends really want to explore the world, so they sneak out one night (after an encounter with some nasty nobles from a differing country) and set out on their own. The thrown wrench here is there's quite a few people that are very protective of the two, sometimes overly so, and this leads them to occasionally get into trouble because they keep sneaking around.

Next is The Reborn Little Girl Won't Give Up (NovelUpdates). An older woman who had a loving family dies but is reborn as a baby in a different world. Unfortunately, the family she's born into is cold, mostly because her mother died while giving birth to her. Once her brother and father finally get around to meeting her, she decides she's going to do her best to bring the family closer together. The wrench here is shortly after they get close, she gets kidnapped.

The Reincarnated Girl Wants to Start With the First Step doesn't have a manga, but it was the original one I wanted to recommend. A young woman suffers from severe exhaustion and struggles to do even simple tasks without having to take regular breaks. One particularly rough day she passes out and wakes up in a Goddess's room, where she finds out that her body needs magic. Semi-forcibly sent to serve as a magic purifier for the Goddess's world, the MC gets stuck in a particularly dangerous and remote part of the world. She settles in with her caretaker (she was de-aged to 10 years old) until two years after her arrival her caretaker doesn't return from one of her regular trips to the nearby city.

This last one comes with a caveat. It's not bad, it's just on hiatus. I Will Leisurely Become a Healer in Another World (NovelUpdates) A train derails, killing all of the passengers aboard. Three of them are "farmed" to reincarnate as a 10-year-old with three wishes if they choose, because they "won't be poison or medicine." The MC, an office worker in her 30s, wishes for the power to become a healer, a healthy body, and a caretaker until she's able to become independent. She gets all of the above, though her adoptive Dad needs her as much as she needs him. I don't know what the complication here is, but there's definitely one coming based on the last chapter of the manga.

Onean fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Jan 19, 2021

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I Raised Cinderella Preciously just got a huge chapter dump. I thought the thread might like it.

Basically, it's about someone who reincarnated as Cinderella's evil stepmother, and while she quickly makes the easy decision to not abuse her stepdaughter, that still leaves her with the trouble of being a single mom with no income but three daughters who really need dresses for the upcoming ball. Politely restrained hijinks ensue.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

The Reason Why Raeliana Ended Up at the Duke's Mansion is wrapping up.

I appreciate the follow through with Raeliana just straight up shooting Beatrice/OG Rae.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Clarste posted:

I Raised Cinderella Preciously just got a huge chapter dump. I thought the thread might like it.

Basically, it's about someone who reincarnated as Cinderella's evil stepmother, and while she quickly makes the easy decision to not abuse her stepdaughter, that still leaves her with the trouble of being a single mom with no income but three daughters who really need dresses for the upcoming ball. Politely restrained hijinks ensue.

This is very good, if only for the main character dunking on the Queen

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
The Old Man Reincarnated as a Villainess updated and WHEW, guess we know a lot more about what's going on just kidding!

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Pyronic posted:

The Old Man Reincarnated as a Villainess updated and WHEW, guess we know a lot more about what's going on just kidding!

I believe we're now basically caught up to where the twitter version was.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Pyronic posted:

:hmmyes:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Pyronic posted:

Also a rare acknowledgment of western "trapped in a work of fiction" stories.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Double posting but there's a new chapter of Baseball Isekai and we're getting into how racial traits will factor into the ballgames.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Clarste posted:

Small caveat that the chapter dump was accompanied by the scanlators dropping the series because it has an an official english tl that's like 11 chapters behind.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

LibrarianCroaker posted:

Small caveat that the chapter dump was accompanied by the scanlators dropping the series because it has an an official english tl that's like 11 chapters behind.

oh noo, and it's one of those "unlock chapter" sites :negative:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
support official releases

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah as scummy as the unlock chapter model is, you've got to support official releases or nobody will translate series.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

ianmacdo posted:

I completely forgot about this

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I completely forgot about this
he makes a simulacra, but it's incredibly weak, takes a lot of effort to maintain and, as mentioned before, naked, so he doesn't bother with it.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

support official releases

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
I support when I can (I use Tapas), but how can you prove the original holder is the one who is releasing the chapters. Sometimes it’s obvious, but others the quality is so bad (both the translation and the image quality) that it raises questions.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

LorneReams posted:

I support when I can (I use Tapas), but how can you prove the original holder is the one who is releasing the chapters. Sometimes it’s obvious, but others the quality is so bad (both the translation and the image quality) that it raises questions.

what site are you using that this would be an issue?

e: this list is geared toward BL but they're vetting each link to make sure it's a legit publisher

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Jan 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Thanks for the link, someone in the comments had the exact same question I did:

quote:

Do you guys know if Webcomics app is a legal source? I found the link in anilist when I wanted to read “10 years I loved you the most”
It has coins, ads and subscription model, but the bad translation makes me doubtful.