Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

They tried the hybrid/scab route in Fairfax by creating "classroom monitors" who are meant to sit in the room in place of teachers with ADA accommodations/legally can't be forced back into the buildings who can continue teaching virtually. Even after months they still haven't been able to get enough warm bodies to pass background checks to fill the need for those positions. At the last meeting they suggested forcing central office personnel to do it and strangely that was not a popular option.

Ah, gotcha. Not the case here but the schools never loving closed either so moot point for me.

Can't wait to go to prison for my kids missing school due to covid and boosbabe copmala

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Nothus posted:

You moved to the wrong end of Ohio. Cleveland is okay.

At least in Cincinnati we can go to Kentucky and buy all the booze at The Party Source

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Jazerus posted:

mixing pasta w/ chili in any format is haram, but i could be persuaded to try adding a small amount of cinnamon

i made this last night: vegan chili on top of mac and cheese

it's good as heck

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Reality Protester posted:

supply.of teachers is going down. demand is going up. you know what that means. PAY RAISE.

teachers deserve to be paid WAY more than they are currently...

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i’ve got some extra teachers in the back

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Nothus posted:

You moved to the wrong end of Ohio. Cleveland is okay.

I went to cleveland one time and in the italian district i had literally the worst restaurant meal I've ever had in my life lol

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Ruggan posted:

teachers deserve to be paid WAY more than they are currently...

Man if there was only someone who proposed giving them a fat raise???? :thunk:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Reality Protester posted:

supply.of teachers is going down. demand is going up. you know what that means. PAY RAISE.

this is another fun time to say the fairfax district, one of the largest and richest in the country, has frozen pay for the past two years for all teachers.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

I did like the leafcutter ant exhibit they had at the botanical garden though, that was cool

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Hatebag posted:

I did like the leafcutter ant exhibit they had at the botanical garden though, that was cool

Leaf cutter ants own.

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Could i go to jail for becoming a scab teacher and using it as a way of training a small team of teenage revolutionaries in propaganda of the deed and guerrila resistance tactics ala fidel castro?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

oxsnard posted:

i made this last night: vegan chili on top of mac and cheese

it's good as heck

no!!!

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

Could i go to jail for becoming a scab teacher and using it as a way of training a small team of teenage revolutionaries in propaganda of the deed and guerrila resistance tactics ala fidel castro?

not jail but true success would mean they'd have to kill you for scabbing at some point

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

buddy, the kids are already there

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

I can't tell you how many teachers I know have seriously contemplated changing professions this year. And I'm talking the sort that passionately believe in education and love their students more than I love a nice crisp wheat beer.

It's maddening and saddening at the same time and I just want to scream at everyone.

Every other language arts teacher in my wife's building isn't coming back for hybrid learning starting next week

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

a.lo posted:

are they going to fix the post office now

No. It was crocodile tears

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
they will wield the axe with love

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
i'd settle for forced TERF re-education camps staffed by transgender PoC

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Iron Crowned posted:

At least in Cincinnati we can go to Kentucky and buy all the booze at The Party Source

Party Source, Jungle Jim's, and Oktoberfest are the best things about cincinnati :hai:

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

good morning biden thread

what bad things has he done so far

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

PathAsc posted:

Like that matters to dems

In some states the state teachers union is indistinguishable from the state dem party

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

gutting the postal service and selling the land for pennies is one of the few things all dem and rep politicians agree on

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

zegermans posted:

so far so good, but it's a-comin'

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

zegermans posted:

He's keeping Wray as FBI director :lol:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

brugroffil posted:

Every other language arts teacher in my wife's building isn't coming back for hybrid learning starting next week

hybrid instruction is the biggest "gently caress you" to a the teachers I can possibly imagine, to the point where I can't imagine how it ever got past logistical planning.

I honestly don't blame anyone for saying no thanks to that. I've even told my wife several times she should take a hiatus until the next year. We can take the hit rather than risk our long term health

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Lawman 0 posted:

He's keeping Wray as FBI director :lol:

no way

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

hybrid instruction is the biggest "gently caress you" to a the teachers I can possibly imagine, to the point where I can't imagine how it ever got past logistical planning.

I honestly don't blame anyone for saying no thanks to that. I've even told my wife several times she should take a hiatus until the next year. We can take the hit rather than risk our long term health

They are starting out with this absolutely insane half day schedule where each class period is 18 minutes long. They have to take attendance for both in person and remote, which is estimated to take 10 minutes. In three weeks, they're changing schedules again. The students still generally have no idea when they're supposed to be at school.

Gotta open'r up because education is important, you see.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

no, wray

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
joe bidet is obviously a funny nickname at first glance, but bidets are refreshing poo poo cleaners. Joe biden is more like a urinal cake

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

biden

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Business Gorillas posted:

Party Source, Jungle Jim's, and Oktoberfest are the best things about cincinnati :hai:

Hell, yeah, I work like 5 minutes from Jungle Jim's so I take a run through the jungle like once a week, it's how I get my supply of Korean ramen.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

What is Dr. Jill Biden’s public awareness to the children going to be

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

zegermans posted:

We're not getting covid checks and he's sending our money to buy mercs for guaido to coup Venezuela agaib

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Lawman 0 posted:

Leaf cutter ants own.

Here's a video of an abandoned leafcutter ant colony filled with concrete lookin like some kinda dark souls poo poo
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CmD5ahkOPAQ

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug

Iron Crowned posted:

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

One thing it has forced teachers to do is take on more students than they are contractually allowed so look forward to lawsuits whenever COVID is finally beaten into submission

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

if biden doing that shocks you i question whether you’ve been paying attention

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Kind of disappointed that my tactical vote for trump didn't do dick >_< seeing all this fuckin... shitlordy lib-crud all over the TL is doing me one heck of a psychic damage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

World War Mammories posted:

if biden doing that shocks you i question whether you’ve been paying attention

its not shocking really just monumentally dumb. No one gives a poo poo if you fire any trump appointee