Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
Hey guys, I personally have no problem with people posting their stuff for sale in this thread because used LEGO is likely to be uniquely interesting to people posting here, but I would greatly prefer if extended conversations about pricing, offers, availability, etc. could be moved to a relevant SA Mart post or private messages. Thanks much!

Anyway, Brickset and Brothers Brick have their reviews of the Medieval Blacksmith up! Looks even better than I thought before, seeing it broken down like this. What a lovely set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

Carbohydrates posted:

Hey guys, I personally have no problem with people posting their stuff for sale in this thread because used LEGO is likely to be uniquely interesting to people posting here, but I would greatly prefer if extended conversations about pricing, offers, availability, etc. could be moved to a relevant SA Mart post or private messages. Thanks much!

Anyway, Brickset and Brothers Brick have their reviews of the Medieval Blacksmith up! Looks even better than I thought before, seeing it broken down like this. What a lovely set.

Moved from a "later" purchase to "get ASAP".

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Carbohydrates posted:

I’m not much of a Castles guy, but I’d love a whole line of medieval buildings in this style. What a great looking set.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Butterfly Valley posted:

The mandalorian battle pack. OP needs to lower his prices if he wants to sell, $150 is RRP for both sets new and unbuilt.

I didn't even realize that (I didn't remember what I paid and just looked everything up on eBay) I see that it's out of stock on LEGO.com so it explains the stupid eBay prices I was seeing. $150 is too much for sure, I'll take $110.

Carbohydrates posted:

I throw up an SA Mart thread today as to not clutter the thread.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I’m not much of a Castles guy, but I’d love a whole line of medieval buildings in this style. What a great looking set.

Agreed. There was that old set Medieval Market and it was beautiful. They could do a modular Castles theme with a new village piece every year.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Especially if each comes fully winterable

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
Not my thing, but I could be convinced. That bed and the bear skin rug are neat.

DrChu
May 14, 2002

I've been waiting almost a month for an order from eBay that finally arrived today.

This may have been the most I've spent on a per-part basis, those little sails go for stupid money on Bricklink but luckily the auction wasn't titled very well so I saved some money getting these as a group. I needed just about all of these to complete some sets I ended up with in various part lots I've bought in the past couple years.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

DrChu posted:

I've been waiting almost a month for an order from eBay that finally arrived today.

This may have been the most I've spent on a per-part basis, those little sails go for stupid money on Bricklink but luckily the auction wasn't titled very well so I saved some money getting these as a group. I needed just about all of these to complete some sets I ended up with in various part lots I've bought in the past couple years.

Yeah sails are stupid expensive, found that out trying to rebuild a Queen Anne’s Revenge.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
https://store.bricklink.com/dingraham?p=dingraham#/splash
I bought some capes from this seller before and they had sails too. I thought the quality was really good. They had to delete their custom pieces when lego took over bricklink though. Their splash page says they'll be opening up a new site though.

Earth
Nov 6, 2009
I WOULD RATHER INSERT A $20 LEGO SET'S WORTH OF PLASTIC BRICKS INTO MY URETHRA THAN STOP TALKING ABOUT BEING A SCALPER.
College Slice

Carbohydrates posted:

How soon until double points?! I really want that blacksmith now. I'm going to grab the blacksmith and gardens next round of double points!

Oxyclean posted:

I think that's the first (and maybe only so far) set i've bought because I kinda wanted the minifig (Asoka.)

I like Akita from Ninjago as well, but not enough to pay 130$ for the one set she's in, or like 30$ for one from bricklink.

HOLY poo poo I WANT THIS FIG.

Earth
Nov 6, 2009
I WOULD RATHER INSERT A $20 LEGO SET'S WORTH OF PLASTIC BRICKS INTO MY URETHRA THAN STOP TALKING ABOUT BEING A SCALPER.
College Slice

Earth posted:

HOLY poo poo I WANT THIS FIG.

I just found it and bought it. $31 shipped. Pretty good considering the next cheapest one was at least $40.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli

deoju posted:

I bought some capes from this seller before and they had sails too. I thought the quality was really good. They had to delete their custom pieces when lego took over bricklink though. Their splash page says they'll be opening up a new site though.

Is that the same guy that does the tattered sails for Barracuda Bay? I'm thinking about getting some and those Castle banners on the splash page are dope. It'd be nice to only do one order since international shipping is expensive and I'm not in the US.

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

https://twitter.com/BeyondtheBrick/status/1352419057375604736?s=20

This rules

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Oven Wrangler

deoju posted:

bookmarking this one, thanks!

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I don't wanna spend more money on LEGO but I think I gotta get that blacksmith, to encourage both more castle lego, and specifically more non combatant castle lego.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Someone build a mill with a water wheel to go with it.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

a sexual elk posted:

Someone build a mill with a water wheel to go with it.

:aaaaa:

Now that’s a fabulous idea! The stream, water chute with ninjago city style water tiles, small waterfall, technic linkage of the wheel to a working grinding mill... that’s the sort of centerpiece set to go along with this in a medieval village or renfair plopped in the center of a modern city.

E: I just think it’s crazy that the blacksmith took three years after ideas approval. Gives me hope for some of these other sets that don’t seem to be getting love from Lego.

Catatron Prime fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Jan 22, 2021

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3956484

Here's my SA Mart thread for anyone interested.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

1000 Brown M and Ms posted:

Is that the same guy that does the tattered sails for Barracuda Bay?

Dunno, sorry.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

Chairchucker posted:

I don't wanna spend more money on LEGO but I think I gotta get that blacksmith, to encourage both more castle lego, and specifically more non combatant castle lego.
Civilian Castle LEGO is always such a hit when it happens. I think almost every single civilian-oriented Castle set LEGO made is either a cult classic or a huge hit.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I almost bought a new blacksmith set a couple years ago. The price was really reasonable, too. But I just couldn't pull the trigger because it seemed sort of boring. I'm sure it costs 2x as much now.

Earth
Nov 6, 2009
College Slice
That 3739 I was going to brick build (order the pieces from various sellers/Lego). Now I don't have to with the new Ideas Blacksmith. I am also lucky enough to own Medieval Market and Windmill. You, Carbs, may have forgot one that I would consider part of that collection: https://brickset.com/sets/6918-1/Blacksmith-Attack. It is "attack" so it's got a battle in it, but still fits the theme, I'd say.

I bought a billion dollar lotto ticket for tonight's drawing so after I win I'll be able to buy any set I ever wanted (I can only wish).

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Seems quite expensive for a lottery ticket.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Earth posted:

That 3739 I was going to brick build (order the pieces from various sellers/Lego). Now I don't have to with the new Ideas Blacksmith. I am also lucky enough to own Medieval Market and Windmill. You, Carbs, may have forgot one that I would consider part of that collection: https://brickset.com/sets/6918-1/Blacksmith-Attack. It is "attack" so it's got a battle in it, but still fits the theme, I'd say.

I bought a billion dollar lotto ticket for tonight's drawing so after I win I'll be able to buy any set I ever wanted (I can only wish).

Oh that a really cool set to add to the Blacksmith

tactical_grace
Oct 18, 2004

General Contact Unit
(Escarpment Class)

Carbohydrates posted:

Civilian Castle LEGO is always such a hit when it happens. I think almost every single civilian-oriented Castle set LEGO made is either a cult classic or a huge hit.

I run a D&D group that mostly uses Lego as the miniatures (or at least it did before we went online thanks to the pandemic) and I'm always desperate for sets that will add new scenery as I managed to start my group right as Lego stopped producing Castle sets :cry:. The new blacksmith set is cool as poo poo but at £140 and considering I'm not going to running in-person games for a while, I can't really justify getting it.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

Earth posted:

I glanced past that one because I didn't think it was beloved quite on the level of the others and it's less of a structure, but yeah that's a pretty neat set, too.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Carbohydrates posted:

My brother and I had that old inn when we were kids, I've got that Medieval Market Village and it rules super hard, and I kinda wish I had that windmill because it looks freaking great.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Are there any differences between the original Saturn V and the new re release?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

Are there any differences between the original Saturn V and the new re release?

One piece in the lander was swapped to give a better connection.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Maybe that's why they changed the number.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

tactical_grace posted:

I run a D&D group that mostly uses Lego as the miniatures (or at least it did before we went online thanks to the pandemic) and I'm always desperate for sets that will add new scenery as I managed to start my group right as Lego stopped producing Castle sets :cry:. The new blacksmith set is cool as poo poo but at £140 and considering I'm not going to running in-person games for a while, I can't really justify getting it.

That’s a great idea! Do you do maps and set pieces as well? Or just characters. Floor plans made of 1x# pieces sounds rad

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Cojawfee posted:

Maybe that's why they changed the number.

I thought that had to do with the inventory management system, they can't rerelease something without adding a new entry.

Earth
Nov 6, 2009
College Slice

Carbohydrates posted:

I glanced past that one because I didn't think it was beloved quite on the level of the others and it's less of a structure, but yeah that's a pretty neat set, too.

That's some truth. It does not have the following of the others, but if you want it you're going to pay out the nose for it. I've got one in the box because I haven't gotten to building it yet. That's most of my sets though.

Today I swung down to the Lego store to grab the Series 21 figs I wanted and two Harry Potter 2 series. Grabbed everything in series 21 except the airplane girl, space police guy, alien guy, and dolphin girl. They have everything already sorted so it was super simple to go in and grab them. The best part is I used up all of my VIP points. Had enough to get $50 off and that covered nearly every fig. Also got a random helicopter freebie. Now I only have two sets I need to buy that aren't retired yet; blacksmith and gardens, and the rest of the HP s2 I want, but Lego store isn't selling them so I don't know where to grab them from.

Talked with one of my Lego store friends for a while. Six feet apart and masked the whole time thankfully. I told her how much I've been purging from my collection and it surprised her. I told her even with a larger house I can't display everything I've got and had to seriously cut down the collection. She told me it was giving her anxiety because she just keeps collecting and I'm shooting for cutting by half. Her collection is absolutely insane. Lego employees get all kinds of special freebies/gifts too.

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

Collecting Lego again has made me remember why I've tried to cut down on buying physical items in general - lack of space and storage. Seeing some people's collections and storage/display space blows my mind.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

Chairchucker posted:

My brother and I had that old inn when we were kids, I've got that Medieval Market Village and it rules super hard, and I kinda wish I had that windmill because it looks freaking great.
The mill is also the only set ever to contain the goat (2 of them, even), which is hugely sought after, so good luck finding this set complete for any reasonable price!

fappenmeister posted:

Collecting Lego again has made me remember why I've tried to cut down on buying physical items in general - lack of space and storage. Seeing some people's collections and storage/display space blows my mind.
Yeah, big same. I have so few sets left at this point because I have committed a very small amount of physical space in my apartment to LEGO and I'd prefer to mostly display my MOCs. I only have 7 official sets on display right now, and the rest I've almost entirely sold because storing a bunch of things sucks.

(streaming in 45 mins!)

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
As far as I know the Ship-in-a-Bottle got a new number but had no changes.

Earth
Nov 6, 2009
College Slice

fappenmeister posted:

Move house once with a collection and you'll learn fast how "too much" lego is, and the real kicker is it's not very much Lego. I've already told my partner that if we run out of money I am willing to sell everything except my Aquanauts and Aquasharks and bee related Lego (bee girl, bee keeper that just released). If I can keep the Islanders sets I'd do them as well, but they aren't part of the absolute keep list. If I dropped this hobby and sold everything except the absolute keep list I'd probably find enough for a downpayment in my bank account.

These kinds of realizations change a persons perception of their hobby.

DrChu
May 14, 2002

fappenmeister posted:

This is why I have been selling groups of sets once I complete them. I've found I get the most enjoyment out of getting unsorted lots, figuring out what sets were in there, getting the missing the pieces, and then building the sets. I have a house but nowhere good to display more than a couple sets, and having closets with big storage bins filled with bagged, broken down sets mostly gives me anxiety. Completing a theme gives me a sense of accomplishment, and its cool being able to get all the sets I saw in the catalogs as a kid but couldn't get, but then what? I don't play with the sets like I did as a kid, and I'm not much of a MOC maker, and to be honest a lot of the old sets aren't really that great.

Once I get the "get all the old sets I've ever wanted" out of my system, I'm going to get rid of the majority of my collection aside from a few vintage sets that have some meaning for me, and some current ones that I think are good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
When I moved last we had so many unbuilt sets that the movers asked if I worked for Lego. :blush: