Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Hell Yeah posted:

rolling a joint that's smokable is easy, rolling a real nice joint that burns evenly is an art even the 1000th time you do it. also tons of people in america use the cardboard crutches we're not savages.

yeah theres a lot of factors involved with getting them to burn evenly i mostly dont worry too much about it. i dont smoke that many joints though they dont really "do it" for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i just roll cones around a crutch and fill them afterwards, got called a fuckboy in highschool for it but i was a fuckboy with pro-looking joints

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
that's how i make blunts, i roll them between my fingers to massage the tobacco out, pop in a filter and then muzzle load them. best to buy the minis since you're not cutting them and lowering the diameter

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
i can roll blunts okay, i actually have a grip on the wrap compared to rolling paper my fingers like to slide over

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I picked up some 33%THC hybrid and it is mighty goddam fine.

Weed sure is great.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Dumb question but I never had anyone to teach me the ways. How do you know when a bowl is done? Can you just light it til it won’t light anymore?

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

LuckyCat posted:

Dumb question but I never had anyone to teach me the ways. How do you know when a bowl is done? Can you just light it til it won’t light anymore?

The ashes (based on strain, obv) will turn white in color and after stirring, there are no hard objects left to ignite.
That is considered "cashed" in my books.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

LuckyCat posted:

Pretty much, yeah. Over time you'll learn how to judge it and how to know it's cashed without trying to light it again. Just don't use a lot of suction towards the end of a bowl, sucking ash blows

I got a big fat joint with Biden's name on it for after work tomorrow. Gonna celebrate the end of 4 lovely years for weed

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

jimmychoo posted:

yeah, uh, that week-long THC break really reset things for me. blueberry indica strain is the GOAT

It really is sublime

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
For me a bowl is done when I can tell it's gonna taste like poo poo. Sometimes 20% of the weed still remains but it is all burned and covered in resin so who cares there's more where that came from.

My gf is different though, which is why she's sometimes known as rear end Hit Ellen (not her real name, just an example). She'll smoke it to the dregs. So I guess it's up to the user but imo better to just toss it when there's no more true greens left

I was in San Diego last weekend and was disappointed to discover that I'd left the hash I was planning to bring on the flight at home. Managed to get in touch with a sweet delivery service though and ended up getting 3 grams of high quality concentrates for 60 bucks... way better than I can get legally here in Nevada

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Play posted:

I was in San Diego last weekend and was disappointed to discover that I'd left the hash I was planning to bring on the flight at home.

So you just take weed on flights, and it's ok?

owls or something
Jul 7, 2003

LuckyCat posted:

You know it's done when the person you handed it to scoffs and says what the gently caress.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

owls or something posted:

You know it's done when the person you handed it to scoffs and says what the gently caress.

That does sound like my wife

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

redreader posted:

Rough if you get caught that's for sure

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003
I flew with medical weed a few months before the legalization here in Canada. I was sweating bullets the whole time, had my prescription at hand and everything.

I flew early last year and walked past a cop to ditch my roach before going through security, not a care in the world.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

redreader posted:

Depends on where you're flying out of mostly, a lot of legalized places straight up won't do anything more than make you leave it / throw it out and the chances of them even pulling it out of your bag in the first place is almost zero anyway. Even moreso with vapes, extracts, edibles, etc.

Inspector Hound posted:

Rough if you get caught that's for sure

This is definitely true but it's also insane how different things feel in legalized states vs. places where they fully crack down. The chances of federal agents or even actual cops being involved if you get caught with weed in Cali or the pacific NW, even in an airport, is very low. And once you're through security at your departure airport it's not too hard to lay low in the air or in your possibly more strict destination.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

From talking with a TSA agent I know, for whatever that's worth from an anonymous person on the internet, you are unlikely to be stopped while going through a checkpoint just for your weed as long as it doesn't look like metal, a gun, a bomb, a liquid, or another weapon. I haven't ever done it on purpose, but I was horrified to see I'd done it by accident once by using my everyday bag to fly. There weren't any problems, but yammv

e and obviously vape pens are completely indistinguishable from ones you get at and gas station in the country so those are basically safe

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i guess i'm weird i roll the joint freehand then put the crutch in at the end.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
it’s so relaxing to put a show on and make lots of joints with my little machine

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I’ve only been smoking daily for a few months but what does the research say about daily smoking? I’m in my mid 30s so I’d like to think it’s not going to do anything to my brain development but am I going to start seeing short term memory or verbal problems with enough days under my belt?

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

the only real disadvantages of marijuana from a scientific perspective is that if you start smoking it as a teenager you seem to lose a couple iq points, possibly from marijuana. that and it irritates your lungs if you smoke it, but no causal link with lung cancer or copd has ever been established.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Ror posted:

Depends on where you're flying out of mostly, a lot of legalized places straight up won't do anything more than make you leave it / throw it out and the chances of them even pulling it out of your bag in the first place is almost zero anyway. Even moreso with vapes, extracts, edibles, etc.

This is definitely true but it's also insane how different things feel in legalized states vs. places where they fully crack down. The chances of federal agents or even actual cops being involved if you get caught with weed in Cali or the pacific NW, even in an airport, is very low. And once you're through security at your departure airport it's not too hard to lay low in the air or in your possibly more strict destination.

I think I mentioned this before: I'm in CA and last time I flew somewhere (business, but I would have loved to be able to take edibles to help me sleep), one of the 2 security checkpoints at SFO was closed, and the other had a long line to go through a little fenced off area containing a cop and a cop-dog. I was super glad I didn't try my friend's 'just take weed chocolate blueberries with you' method that time.

The dog can only have been there for drugs, is what I'm assuming. That's why I'd never take that on a plane with me. Maybe eat an edible before I walk into the airport.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The dogs are actually there for explosives. Weed is just such an easy scent to train for that most explosives detection dogs are crosstrained for it. They perform better if you don't give them a dictionary of scents to go after, but some things are just easier to identify, so maybe trained to recognize 5-10 scents.

A huge part of scent detection is the exterior of the packaging being clean and not stored around drugs all day, touching the packaging with sticky fingers, that kind of thing. Vacuum sealing works relatively well, but if you're sealing in a room full of weed and keep all your equipment there, the package is going to smell like weed.

Disclaimer: I used to work in a police/mil k9 ancillary job. Never directly with them, but spent way too much time reading about everything we sold. And those scent training kits are expensive as hell, about $300 retail (per specific scent, that's not a variety pack) and limited to gov/state/county/city agencies. No they do not have drugs in them.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jan 22, 2021

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.
The "official" TSA policy is that they consider it a local police matter, so realistically you'd have to be in an illegal state with a significant quantity for anyone but the most overzealous TSA agent alive to do anything worse then make you throw it away. They're looking for weapons, explosives, and liquids, not the blob of organic matter that weed shows up as on the scanners.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/suzannerowankelleher/2019/05/04/tsa-check-were-cool-and-were-not-looking-for-your-weed/?sh=4b40581d31e6

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
I got stopped at seatac and had my bag tossed and they flipped through page-by-page of the dozen or so books in my backpack because I had a "suspicious amount of literature", totally ignoring the couple of grams of bho i had forgotten in the front pocket. very strange experience, and as always, ymmv.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Hirayuki posted:

Likewise, I can heartily recommend Plus Products. Their excellent THC gummies (not available in MI :argh:) were the first weed product I'd tried, and their small range of CBD gummies are also very very good. Whenever I think CBD doesn't do much for me, a Plus gummy changes my mind.

How is the MI pot scene? I might escape from California prices and gentrify the gently caress out the place.

Have the grey market shops sprouted like mushrooms from the ashes of the rust belt, like they do in LA? Places would just pop up, get busted, and then move somewhere else. Since weedmaps went down I have no idea where new spots are lol.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Weedmaps isn't down though?

Is that a california thing? Because it works fine for me in Colorado. Just checked.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Delta-Wye posted:

I got stopped at seatac and had my bag tossed and they flipped through page-by-page of the dozen or so books in my backpack because I had a "suspicious amount of literature", totally ignoring the couple of grams of bho i had forgotten in the front pocket. very strange experience, and as always, ymmv.

I think I've told this story before, but we had a border patrol dog hit on my parents car on the way back from a wedding near the border in Arizona. My aunt had taken all the pot and buried it deep in their van, so they got by fine while they tore apart my backpack trying to find weed. I got to be a real smart rear end with the 20 year out border patrol kid too, my dad was THRILLED with that

skooma512 posted:

How is the MI pot scene? I might escape from California prices and gentrify the gently caress out the place.

Have the grey market shops sprouted like mushrooms from the ashes of the rust belt, like they do in LA? Places would just pop up, get busted, and then move somewhere else. Since weedmaps went down I have no idea where new spots are lol.

No to the grey market shops. Enforcement has been pretty strong regarding licensure and they are not loving around. They are not targeting small local operations, but anyone who advertises or openly organizes will get reached out to. Prices kinda suck, but I'm extremely spoiled having had my med card for like three years now. Med cards are insanely easy to get, I got mine at a street fair in my city while drinking a vodka lemonade at 11am on a Sunday!

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

bagmonkey posted:

Med cards are insanely easy to get, I got mine at a street fair in my city while drinking a vodka lemonade at 11am on a Sunday!
I knew I should have stopped at that MEDICAL WEED! stall I spotted while driving past an apple orchard a few years back. :argh: As it is, I'm waiting for an official record of my borderline intraocular pressure so the local weed doc can spin it into a med card for glaucoma.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Weedmaps isn't down though?

Is that a california thing? Because it works fine for me in Colorado. Just checked.

Yeah same, I use Weedmaps all the time and it's still working fine :shrug:

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

It works, but they took out any one who didn't have a license so it was kinda useless unless I wanted to buy 1g cartridges for 65 bucks vs 40 at grey market

Play
Apr 25, 2006

redreader posted:

Usually I don't take flower, just hash but yes it's "okay" as in I've never had problems with it ever before. Security is in the airport to stop bombs, even the dogs (if there even are any) are primarily bomb sniffing dogs not drug dogs. You can put a bit of hash in anything and put it in your checked bag or your carryon. I usually just put them in my bathroom bag, on xray they will just look like any other plastic case, i.e. basically nothing.

I'm also usually (but not always) flying from one legal state to another. If by some miracle they did a search and find it I'd just say "whoops, forgot that was there, I'll just throw that away" and they'd let me through anyways almost certainly.

When I was younger I totally forgot about a pipe and some weed in my backpack when I was flying up for my grandma's funeral as I'd been partying pretty hard the night before. I got selected for a random search I guess, guy took a look inside my backpack, I saw him pick up the pipe and weed, look at them, then put them back in. He didn't even say anything to me.

Inspector Hound posted:

From talking with a TSA agent I know, for whatever that's worth from an anonymous person on the internet, you are unlikely to be stopped while going through a checkpoint just for your weed as long as it doesn't look like metal, a gun, a bomb, a liquid, or another weapon. I haven't ever done it on purpose, but I was horrified to see I'd done it by accident once by using my everyday bag to fly. There weren't any problems, but yammv

e and obviously vape pens are completely indistinguishable from ones you get at and gas station in the country so those are basically safe

Yeah that jives pretty well with my experiences. It's just not what they are there for and they justifiably are focused on their reason for being. I even totally forgot that I had two nearly cashed vape carts (which will show up on xray since they have metal) but still nothing.

Please note though that you MIGHT not want to do this internationally (although I have before) and especially if you are flying out of a drug region like central/south america or mexico.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

skooma512 posted:

It works, but they took out any one who didn't have a license so it was kinda useless unless I wanted to buy 1g cartridges for 65 bucks vs 40 at grey market

What the hell is going on in California that so many storefronts aren't licensed? There ain't no way in hell I'm buying something like a cartridge from an unlicensed dispensary anyway. Maybe we're spoiled with less insane licensing requirements in Colorado.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Protocol7 posted:

What the hell is going on in California that so many storefronts aren't licensed? There ain't no way in hell I'm buying something like a cartridge from an unlicensed dispensary anyway. Maybe we're spoiled with less insane licensing requirements in Colorado.

One thing I noticed in CA was the lack of documentation, at least with delivery services. In NV every single thing you can buy is fully lab tested with the results printed on a sticker on the side. In CA every service I used just listed a thc percentage on the website, but no full analysis with different cannabinoids/that stuff like myrcene. And not even any proof from a lab, just gotta take their word for it I guess. I thought that was surprising.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Play posted:

One thing I noticed in CA was the lack of documentation, at least with delivery services. In NV every single thing you can buy is fully lab tested with the results printed on a sticker on the side. In CA every service I used just listed a thc percentage on the website, but no full analysis with different cannabinoids/that stuff like myrcene. And not even any proof from a lab, just gotta take their word for it I guess. I thought that was surprising.

Massachusetts is like that too, with full work ups of the chemicals. It’s cool as gently caress, I vastly prefer that to “yo this poo poo is fire” bought from some guy and given some random name

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Protocol7 posted:

They just pop up in random storefronts, one time an old auto repair place, which was the most low key spot I've ever been in. My usual one is done out of a converted motel room.

For a little while enforcement was kind of lax. They played whack a mole and raided them but they would just do keep doing it somewhere else.

As for lab testing, the legit places all have that now at least. I agree on getting oil from places like but I use a local brand called Standard and their edibles were always consistent, so I stick with their poo poo.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Play posted:

Usually I don't take flower, just hash but yes it's "okay" as in I've never had problems with it ever before. Security is in the airport to stop bombs, even the dogs (if there even are any) are primarily bomb sniffing dogs not drug dogs. You can put a bit of hash in anything and put it in your checked bag or your carryon. I usually just put them in my bathroom bag, on xray they will just look like any other plastic case, i.e. basically nothing.

If congress wanted TSA to do drug interdiction they would pay them to do it instead of the other guys

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Hirayuki posted:

I knew I should have stopped at that MEDICAL WEED! stall I spotted while driving past an apple orchard a few years back. :argh: As it is, I'm waiting for an official record of my borderline intraocular pressure so the local weed doc can spin it into a med card for glaucoma.

The guy who did my renewal I found on Weedmaps and he didn't require any documentation, it was a fantastic experience!

Play posted:

Michigan is now getting there with the documentation. It's been like two years since medical test results were required and it's become A Thing where the premium brands do complete testing w/ available results per cart. My buddy in PA said they get strain-specific RSO and ugh I'm loving jealous

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Does anyone keep a journal or something of how various strains affect you? I've got a few right now and I randomly pick them according to what their effects are 'supposed to be' but I'm really not sure if they're all what they're purported to be.

I have durban poison which gives me VERY little anxiety (I find my first smoke of the evening can give me some anxiety for about 10-20 minutes) and motivates me to clean. I noticed it doesn't provide much 'smoke' from my vape.
Legend OG is supposed to give you couchlock and I haven't noticed much of that effect at all. It produces a TON of 'smoke' from my vape. This one seems fairly enjoyable!
Gelato #33 is a hybrid but seems to give me a bit more anxiety. I'll have to make more notes but it doesn't seem like a big winner so far.
African Queen is also a hybrid and has a pleasant effect. It has a really nice smell, like a nice sweet herb or something. Doesn't smell like weed.
Mint Cookies was a bit of a bust. Lots of anxiety on first smoke, otherwise 'it's weed'.

I'm in CA so all I get is the THC % on the weed, I'm surprised to hear that in other places you get more information. I remember at least one of the weeds on leafly has a different % to the container I have, with the same name for the brand (I think it's Flow Kana's African Queen).

I'd like a nice couchlock / sleep weed, so if anyone can recommend me a strain I'd appreciate it. I think I'll carry on buying durban poison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I use the ReLeaf app for that.