Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

NoneMoreNegative posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odM92ap8_c0

That full wide shot on the deck of the carrier :discourse:

all they need to add is Atomic Guy and they've made king of the monsters 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
I feel like a nuclear-powered dinosaur the size of a skyscraper who can swim fast enough to split an aircraft carrier in half would win handily against a Very Large Gorilla

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
im sure it will be an ok popcorn flick but the cg looks terrible like all modern cgi

just make a fuckin cartoon if you’re gonna do CG for90% of the movie man

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

I feel like a nuclear-powered dinosaur the size of a skyscraper who can swim fast enough to split an aircraft carrier in half would win handily against a Very Large Gorilla

imagine how impossibly strong a giant gorilla would be

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Sagebrush posted:

the gorilla appears to be using tools by the end of the trailer, could be a game changer

also virtually of these hero character x vs hero character y stories end with them teaming up to fight a third thing so we're not going to find out which of them would win

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello
king kong would win

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

SmokaDustbowl posted:

How strong is a gorilla against nuclear radiation

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
godzilla has to be able to control it or else he (they? how we doin this?) would be nuked before kong. therefore it must be some sort of directed radiation i.e. the mouth beam, which is pretty avoidable if you're a huge gorilla that's been doing your zumba

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Watched this Top 10 video, the commentary isn't particularly insightful but I think I've seen at least half of these and am probably going to hunt down at least a couple more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt5Mj2KSNnA

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

How strong is a gorilla against nuclear radiation

pretty strong because it's a fuckin magical gigantic gorilla

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
kong beats the poo poo out of godzilla and dies of cancer ten years later so who truly won

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
kong sighs as yet another oversized novelty check for medical bills gets dropped in the mailbox

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
godzilla is a girl as we learned in the 90s movie

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
king kong, about to die: "mothraaaaa"
godzilla:"why did you say that name???"

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

godzilla has to be able to control it or else he (they? how we doin this?) would be nuked before kong. therefore it must be some sort of directed radiation i.e. the mouth beam, which is pretty avoidable if you're a huge gorilla that's been doing your zumba

In the last movie he blows ghidorah away with some sort of undodgeable omnidirectional atomic bubble (I don't know the approved Toho Corporation name for it) so if he doesn't do that in the new movie he's clearly pulling punches

Also nukes just make Godzilla stronger, that has obviously been established for years jeez

E: she

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the facts remain that it's a timeless story and an allegory. kong loves pineapple pizza and godzilla hates it. it's a battle from the ancient times

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Oh. Kong is my friend now

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Jonny 290 posted:

the facts remain that it's a timeless story and an allegory. kong loves pineapple pizza and godzilla hates it. it's a battle from the ancient times

given what ive seen japan put on pizzas im not sure this is canon

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Shaggar posted:

king kong, about to die: "mothraaaaa"
godzilla:"why did you say that name???"

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Roosevelt posted:

king kong would win
theyll put out two versions - in the american release kong wins, in the asian release godzilla wins

this was a persistent (but false) rumor about the original 1962 kong v godzilla movie

mystes
May 31, 2006

I would like to see Godzilla vs. Peter Jackson's King Kong in which Godzilla rips up the set of Peter Jackson's Godzilla and then kills Peter Jackson himself in a particularly gruesome and painful way as punishment for making the worst movie ever.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
what about shin godzilla is that any good

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

SmokaDustbowl posted:

pretty strong because it's a fuckin magical gigantic gorilla
this is always the thing. it's like whoa x-men genetic mutations whoa but then you have goofy wacky magical juggernaut coming in who fucks up everything and is essentially an scp-level world threat. magic fucks

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Jonny 290 posted:

i knew nothing about it except "new japanese godzilla movie" and saw it in theatres and loved it. if u have nt seen it dont read anything about it and jsut watch it. ideally w a projector if you have one but even on a tv i imagine it holds up

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

its like godzilla(2014) > shin godzilla > watching paint dry > every other godzilla/kaiju movie

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
i want to post about shin godzilla but i dont really want to spoil it for poeple

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Watched this Top 10 video, the commentary isn't particularly insightful but I think I've seen at least half of these and am probably going to hunt down at least a couple more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUWDG3hIUuw

same with this one, Monsters for example is really really good and surprisingly chill

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

Jonny 290 posted:

it's pretty good. it has larval godzilla

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Godzilla would destroy Kong who has no ranged attacks

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

indigi posted:

Godzilla would destroy Kong who has no ranged attacks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDOOKWKM3wM

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
what a great show even if the even-numbered seasons were the best

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

when the peter jackson king kong movie was in theatres, I was in university and went to some bulk interview for some kind of part time job where the interviewer spent the first 15 minutes talking about how great it was. turned out the job was that door-to-door textbook sales thing where they fly you to the middle of nowhere, pay commission only, and it turned out they didn't feed you or something. anyway those two things are inextricably linked in my mind

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

c weekend media s:

* golden swallow was a good movie. more wuxia than kung fu (i prefer kung fu), but it was more a good movie that was also wuxia rather than a genre film

* mean streets was great

* finished the last volume of akira. i didn't much care for the very end kaneda, kei, joker, etc running the empire and keeping it around? wtf?, but other than that it was amazing

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

NoneMoreNegative posted:

why does the narrator sound like a text to speech engine?
good list tho

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

SmokaDustbowl posted:

giant gorilla with an axe

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

bump_fn posted:

i want to post about shin godzilla but i dont really want to spoil it for poeple

it's so good

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I read the plot summary on Wikipedia and idk what there is to spoil, seems like a boilerplate Godzilla movie

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

the Jackson Kong film was bad but the bit with the giant bugs and things was super hosed up and I did not like it at all, so there was some craft there at least

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
watched the 2018 jurassic park

this was not a good use of my time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Jonny 290 posted:

in that case i say oh no, there goes tokyo