Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Uh oh we're quickly entering the rolling text before a cheesy zombie film timeline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Platystemon posted:

Was he wrong? About the backfire?

No one faced consequences. His father‐in‐lawlessness drat near won reëlection.

Consequences are still to be seen, and I share your hopeful disposition about ever seeing them down the road.

By backfire I meant that by not taking it seriously and encouraging their idiot followers to not take it seriously either they killed a decent number of their own supporters, as well as allowing it to become endemic. I would be shocked if the difference in a few close election races weren't tipped one way or the other because of covid killing people on top of the panicked organizing by dems.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Facebook Aunt posted:

Looks like mouth breathers will have the last laugh. Save your brain, plug your nose.

Completely serious question/comment

It seems like it would be very easy to have some something you can jam up your two nostril holes like those compressible styrofoam earplugs that act as a filter and plug your nose.

Now you only have one main hole you have to worry about, your mouth, and it's behind a mask.

I would loving buy these
Some smart goon go for it and invent these and just give me a tiny little bit like a gratuity.

Thank you very much :love:

FiskTireBoy
Nov 2, 2020

Spinz posted:

It seems like it would be very easy to have some something you can jam up your two nostril holes like those compressible styrofoam earplugs that act as a filter and plug your nose.

Now you only have one main hole you have to worry about, your mouth, and it's behind a mask.

I would loving buy these
Some smart goon go for it and invent these and just give me a tiny little bit like a gratuity.

I think it also means all the people that wears masks below their noses are going to catch the worst kind of covid.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Spinz posted:

I would loving buy these

I don't think these would do anything for covid, but the general product you describe certainly exists:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noseclip

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

pidan posted:

I don't think these would do anything for covid, but the general product you describe certainly exists:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noseclip

Yeah I described expandable gentle filtering inserts
But actually these would do something for covid if they shut the nostrils coronaviruses are not going to be inhaled.

Thanks!

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Sittin here at work watching some old lady read a magazine off the shelf with no mask. Thank gently caress this business is so essential!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
You can’t put any effective filter in the nostrils. There just isn’t enough surface area.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Platystemon posted:

You can’t put any effective filter in the nostrils. There just isn’t enough surface area.

Huh I actually don't get what you mean that's the point.
Plug the hole a little bit sticking out remove them carefully I would say they're probably disposable

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
I got a 3M full-face mask, but I can’t get it to pass seal testing. Inhaling with the intakes covered is fine, exhaling with the output covered doesn’t create any pressure and just causes a buzzing noise.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

dr.acula posted:

Sittin here at work watching some old lady read a magazine off the shelf with no mask. Thank gently caress this business is so essential!

This is why I'm glad I work at a place where you can't even get through the front door without a mask.

I just do the lords work when running errands and loudly call out people who aren't wearing one right. Oddly enough in the chicagoland area its quite rare.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

A few different groups are currently doing in-person clinical trials about whether iota/kappa-Carrageenan nasal sprays are effective in preventing or lessening covid. In the UK you can get it in over the counter cold/flu sprays (that specific one is the one Swansea University are using in their study) - I assume there's equivalents in other countries.

Here's a previous cell-culture study on it - https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.08.19.225854v1.full.pdf

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Spinz posted:

I would loving buy these

I recently read “Breath” by James Nestor and mouthbreathing is probably the worst thing you can do to stay healthy

So no, don’t do this

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Lazyhound posted:

I got a 3M full-face mask, but I can’t get it to pass seal testing. Inhaling with the intakes covered is fine, exhaling with the output covered doesn’t create any pressure and just causes a buzzing noise.
What kind of mask are you talking about?

I have a 3M half-face respirator like this: https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/3m/6300/6827699. I covered the front valve with multiple layers of tissue + a paper towel secured around the circular bit with rubber bands. Covering the valve makes exhaling noticeably harder but not impossible, and the seal doesn't break.

I can't even smell Febreze or meat that's being charred when I'm wearing it. And I have a pretty big nose such that no other mask I've tried forms a decent seal.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

Zugzwang posted:

What kind of mask are you talking about?

I have a 3M half-face respirator like this: https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/3m/6300/6827699. I covered the front valve with multiple layers of tissue + a paper towel secured around the circular bit with rubber bands. Covering the valve makes exhaling noticeably harder but not impossible, and the seal doesn't break.

I can't even smell Febreze or meat that's being charred when I'm wearing it. And I have a pretty big nose such that no other mask I've tried forms a decent seal.

The 3M 6900. I’m talking about the positive and negative pressure seal checks you’re supposed to do every time you don a respirator. I seem to be leaking air on the exhale only for some reason.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Lazyhound posted:

The 3M 6900. I’m talking about the positive and negative pressure seal checks you’re supposed to do every time you don a respirator. I seem to be leaking air on the exhale only for some reason.

Could be a bad valve on one of the filter inlets if the inhaling test works. Nowhere else for the air to go, really. I'd imagine if so you could either replace it or just not worry about it since at that point you'd just be breathing back out through your filter.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Rexxed posted:

Could be a bad valve on one of the filter inlets if the inhaling test works. Nowhere else for the air to go, really. I'd imagine if so you could either replace it or just not worry about it since at that point you'd just be breathing back out through your filter.

In my case the leaking point is near The column of Morgagni if that helps.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Platystemon posted:

Was he wrong? About the backfire?

No one faced consequences. His father‐in‐lawlessness drat near won reëlection.

Are you a new yorker writer?

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Fenarisk posted:

This is why I'm glad I work at a place where you can't even get through the front door without a mask.

I just do the lords work when running errands and loudly call out people who aren't wearing one right. Oddly enough in the chicagoland area its quite rare.

No no, she pulled her mask down under her chin to read you see.

And then some guy opens his wallet to pay me cash (thanks) and there's an old mask inside along with the money.

Were hosed

Woodsy Owl
Oct 27, 2004

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

In my case the leaking point is near The column of Morgagni if that helps.

I heard Anal Crypt is looking for a new vocalist

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

ymgve posted:

Can lizard people get covid

Very disappointed this important question went unanswered.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Spinz posted:

I would loving buy these

No need for a new product, just get some krazy glue and glue your face holes shut.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

i have a headache and nausea. gently caress

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Meme Poker Party posted:

Very disappointed this important question went unanswered.

Really depends on the lizard person. Normally reptiles can't catch roni as far as we know but if you introduce enough human DNA in them things might change. Safest bet is to stay a lizard.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The vaccine turns you into an alligator, and alligators cannot catch corona.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Are we talking normal rear end alligator or hybrid?

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Also don't eat uncooked mice If you're a lizard because the virus will mutate.

CarlosTheDwarf
Jun 1, 2001
Up shit creek.

norton I posted:

The vaccines are selling for $50 to $80 which is extraordinary cheap compared to everything else hospitals need to deal with this.

they aren't that much. I believe Moderna is $20 a dose (some reports say $30). Astrazeneca plans to charge cost, $3 a dose. Novavax is going to produce 2B doses and an analyst said they will have around 3.5 to 4B in revenue, which seems way too low since they will be charging more than $2 per dose.

CarlosTheDwarf fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Jan 27, 2021

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe

Spinz posted:

I would loving buy these

Foam expandable earplugs? I use mine for sleep but they'd also work for that purpose? :shobon:

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Just get a Hazmat suit and be done with it.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
please don't stick earplugs in your nose

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

please don't stick earplugs in your nose

Nananana boo boo I can’t hear you because I’ve plugged every orifice

Every
Orifice

E:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMPKngtYVDU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

teen witch posted:

Every
Orifice

Well you might want to consider reopening some of those orifices in case you need to be swabbed for testing purposes.

https://twitter.com/NST_Online/status/1354386859913175041

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
Let me be first in line for anal swabs.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
Sir this drive through testing location swabs the inside of your nose. Can you please pull your pants up?

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Well you might want to consider reopening some of those orifices in case you need to be swabbed for testing purposes.

https://twitter.com/NST_Online/status/1354386859913175041

Really love how they hashtagged the word "anal". Gotta optimize that discoverability!

But also, depending on swab depth I do think that might be more comfortable than the nasal brain-scrape swabbing.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
Got my first vaccination yesterday. Trip report: A little bit of muscle soreness, but just like after a really good workout. Definitely worth it, highly recommended.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

LanceHunter posted:

Really love how they hashtagged the word "anal". Gotta optimize that discoverability!

But also, depending on swab depth I do think that might be more comfortable than the nasal brain-scrape swabbing.

They still gotta scrape that brain regardless of the point of entry

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

AKA Pseudonym posted:

Got my first vaccination yesterday. Trip report: A little bit of muscle soreness, but just like after a really good workout. Definitely worth it, highly recommended.

Got my second shot yesterday and I feel very tired and the injection site is swollen and hurts (which did not happen with the first shot).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

teen witch posted:

Every
Orifice

E:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMPKngtYVDU

Hope you didn't use Neosporin as lube/disinfectant for the peehole.