Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

ooooh yea that would be good.

EDIT: technically it would need to spin at 45 RPM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

poo poo, that's obviously and embarrassingly true

handing in my vinyl club card (it has a download code)

e: speaking of, no one claimed my PJ Harvey codes, so I'm just gonna post them to get these paper slips off my desk :v:

F3K52733H - Rid Of Me
HSZ8W27FY - To Bring You My Love

redeem.thesoundofvinyl.com

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

My Lovely Horse posted:

e: speaking of, no one claimed my PJ Harvey codes, so I'm just gonna post them to get these paper slips off my desk :v:

F3K52733H - Rid Of Me
HSZ8W27FY - To Bring You My Love

redeem.thesoundofvinyl.com

Thanks, I used these since no one else did. I remember when those albums were new releases!

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

dorium posted:

ooooh yea that would be good.

EDIT: technically it would need to spin at 45 RPM.

Some 7" records play at 33 1/3 RPM.

Where is your god now?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Some of the more interesting 1950s-60s album covers on my main shelf.

That album rules. I saw Oscar Brand in concert once and went up after to have him sign my copy of Bawdy Songs Goes To College. He looked physically ill. I think he had tried to forget that phase of his career.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

CPL593H posted:

I also bought this from a thrift store because of that excellent cover and was very disappointed that the music doesn't at all sound like this looks.

It looks like hot garbage though

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Ballz posted:

Hey y'all remember this? Do we still want to do this?

Using sporklift's template and the only text that really matters.

You can extend it to 180 if you think it would look better. No taller though.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

new Xiu Xiu album "OH NO" up for preorder

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I think I did the math right on this.

actually I think I have it spinning slow in that one.

Good Soldier Svejk fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jan 27, 2021

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

owns

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Wasn't a fan of the static version, but this owns.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

:hmmyes:

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

:perfect:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Alright I think I have it right finally up there as the second one.

Like I said the math is really loving with my head but ~44.6s for each frame, at 30fps, rotating 12degrees each iteration.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

this owns.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Hell yeah that kicks rear end

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Oh drat. Haha. That's rad.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

petit choux posted:

It looks like hot garbage though

Yeah but I was hoping for some kind of way over the top glam rock or trashy protopunk. It's just mediocre whiteboy disco.

I'll be honest and say I originally preferred the Herb Alpert one, but this won me over.

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?

petit choux posted:

I LOL mightily at the paucity of your sexy underwear wearing lore.

You can see the intense disappointment of her agreeing to do an album cover photo dressed up like a sexy butterfly and that being what it ended up looking like. Is that a sexy side glance or is she checking the clock on the wall?

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Fors Yard posted:

You can see the intense disappointment of her agreeing to do an album cover photo dressed up like a sexy butterfly and that being what it ended up looking like. Is that a sexy side glance or is she checking the clock on the wall?

Abbie, please, stay with me honey. You're turning into a butterfly! Butterfly!

I just want to know what's going on with her right leg and the angle of her hips and legs here. But I guess regular rules of anatomy don't apply to butterflygirls.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I'm just trying to wrap my mind around whether or not she can actually walk in those Cruel Shoes, or if she had to get into the pose and then they were slipped onto her or - and this is my personal favorite - she was carried to the shoot by two burly shirtless men on their shoulders and placed delicately into position.

EDIT: I goddamn hope she death dropped from the ceiling Tandi Iman Dupree-style.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jan 27, 2021

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

So I looked up the guy who made that album and it turns out he was part of Jobriath's backing band and suddenly everything about that cover makes sense. I also didn't realize the cover model is a woman because I thought it was Gregg Diamond himself. I mean still that could be him I can't find anything about who that is.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
I think this is the correct one:

That's uploaded to SA sever. Next time you buy an avatar. Just add that specific link (with the img tags) to the text entry box and it will be there. Gang Tags don't have to be only mod given, anyone can add them anytime.

Also so we don't spam the thread: if you drop me a PM I can add a few on the house. Just let me know if you want it above/below anything else, and if you want to keep your other tags. Don't be shy to ask for it, call it my appreciation for sharing all the fantastic covers and deals that come along.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

gang gang tags ya'll

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
From new year’s day -

pwn posted:

first: I just updated my avatar to be 180x180 pixels, as that’s the current forums maximum and I added a new gang tag. Which leads me to query why we, the vinyl thread, do not have our own tag yet? I’m not really great at graphic design and besides my current laptop BSoD several times a session, so I’m not looking to take on another task right now. But I would definitely update my ‘tar again if there was a nice vinyls tag

I’d like to congratulate everyone involved in the creation and execution of this bold new era of gangtags, we really did it guys

In tithe i offer up two album covers.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

That there is a loving nice gang tag, BTW

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Is a moving gang tag too much when you already have a moving avatar? Also how do you get a gang tag?

Also also I found a copy of Songs in the Key of Life at a thrift store today. It looks to be a VG which I'd usually pass up but for that cheap, why not? Plus it might fare better when I clean it. Anyway, that's my first good thrift store find in ages.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Great gang tag guys, sadly I wish I had more weird cover art to post in celebration. Here are some near misses:

Conventional 70s wierd.

This one I've never understood why the album art is a broom leaning against a forest back drop. It's Gabor Szabo's Magical Connection btw.

Three tiger mountain > three wolf moon?

Best album I bought solely based on cover.

And the obligatory ones everyone has seen. Yes I cheated with the second one and only ever bought a CD copy, can't be bothered to buy the LP. It's not enough of a favorite for me to rebuy it.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

"Yeah I got a pretty good Nantucket Sleighride but then a week later I had a pretty bad fire down under."

pwn
May 27, 2004

CPL593H posted:

Is a moving gang tag too much when you already have a moving avatar? Also how do you get a gang tag?

Just copy the address of the tag into img tags in your title. Only images hosted on SA will work.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I wonder if the mountain albums are going for more since Leslie west died? Maybe not because most people assumed he died a few years ago?

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

BigFactory posted:

I wonder if the mountain albums are going for more since Leslie west died? Maybe not because most people assumed he died a few years ago?

Doubt it since I don't think its a band that's super popular? Or popular enough to have that effect. I do have Flowers of Evil as well but it's not nearly as interesting a cover. The really great psychedelic covers are the fantasy ones all the prog rock bands had in the 70s, it's a shame that I can't get into the actual music. This is why the only Yes album I own is Relayer, and I don't really listen to Greenslade that much despite liking the cover.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Turbinosamente posted:

Doubt it since I don't think its a band that's super popular? Or popular enough to have that effect. I do have Flowers of Evil as well but it's not nearly as interesting a cover. The really great psychedelic covers are the fantasy ones all the prog rock bands had in the 70s, it's a shame that I can't get into the actual music. This is why the only Yes album I own is Relayer, and I don't really listen to Greenslade that much despite liking the cover.

They were huge on Long Island.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

pwn posted:

Just copy the address of the tag into img tags in your title. Only images hosted on SA will work.

my god. To think all these years I could have had :hellyeah: adorning all my posts.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Toe Rag posted:

my god. To think all these years I could have had :hellyeah: adorning all my posts.

You can use smily bb code too :thumbsup:

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

BigFactory posted:

They were huge on Long Island.

Ah, I am an upstate heathen. Explains why one local antique mall record seller had all three of them though.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

CPL593H posted:

Also also I found a copy of Songs in the Key of Life at a thrift store today. It looks to be a VG which I'd usually pass up but for that cheap, why not? Plus it might fare better when I clean it. Anyway, that's my first good thrift store find in ages.

Did you check the jacket for the 7"?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Boinks posted:

Did you check the jacket for the 7"?

It's not there. No booklet either. But it's a good starter copy. The last time I went into a record store I was going to buy the album all fancy like with a couple other things but then I noticed that he had a first pressing of Alan Vega which is something I never thought I'd see in the wild, so I opted to get that instead and put the other things back. It's a beautiful NM copy that looks like it had never been played.

CPL593H fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jan 28, 2021

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

pwn posted:

It occurred to me that I don't remember how to do any of that poo poo. It is like buying an avatar?