Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Tauschemo posted:

What's the fame requirement for 42069?

Pretty much none -- just be a goon and be active-ish and you can join it instead of 250k.

Ultimately -- alliance chat > guild chat unless youre in the "main" AC but even then, we try to run ARCH like it really is 1 big guild through discord/alliance chat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Tauschemo posted:

What's a good healing weapon to work on leveling while waiting to get accepted to guild?

Do you prefer insta heal (holy) or heal over time (nature)? If holy -- try out fallen staff (best ZVZ staff)... if nature, try out rampant or wild staff.

Tauschemo
Jul 11, 2011

FormerFatty posted:

Do you prefer insta heal (holy) or heal over time (nature)? If holy -- try out fallen staff (best ZVZ staff)... if nature, try out rampant or wild staff.

Went ahead and farmed up to T6 for both Holy and Nature so I'd have some choices. This game will be terrible on my class ADD.
Got ganked a few times trying to get out to GMK, so I've just been running T7 dungeons in red zones until I unlock T8 reaver.

I need to keep my eyes open for caravans coming out of Martlock

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Tauschemo posted:

Went ahead and farmed up to T6 for both Holy and Nature so I'd have some choices. This game will be terrible on my class ADD.
Got ganked a few times trying to get out to GMK, so I've just been running T7 dungeons in red zones until I unlock T8 reaver.

I need to keep my eyes open for caravans coming out of Martlock

Caravans run pretty much everyday -- how did you get ganked? You using discord with us?

Tauschemo
Jul 11, 2011

FormerFatty posted:

Caravans run pretty much everyday -- how did you get ganked? You using discord with us?

I was just testing out the route without wearing anything of value. I'm in the discord but wasn't in any voice or anything.

waffleman
Aug 5, 2007

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY
it really ties the nation together
Applied as Kharfa to 42069

a digital orc
May 14, 2003

You see, Guragh, they can't fire me for sexual harassment. The crime doesn't fit the punishment! :orks:
Sup guys. been playing for a couple of months now, just found you guys were here. I applied to Awful Company a couple minutes ago as tsujin. also in the discord now so gimme dem peeeerms

notanewfag
May 13, 2008
So the new patch made axes have a new Q ability at 85 fame level. Anyone tried it out or have any videos of it being used in PVP?

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

notanewfag posted:

So the new patch made axes have a new Q ability at 85 fame level. Anyone tried it out or have any videos of it being used in PVP?

It looks dope but I havent seen it used yet.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
i keep coming back to this game for 3 days, kill a bunch of people in the open world, farm it dry, and then quit

is there no way to constantly get content?

Mulozon Empuri
Jan 23, 2006

I also don't know what to do after 3 days. I'm gathering rocks. it better if I join the goon guild?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Mulozon Empuri posted:

I also don't know what to do after 3 days. I'm gathering rocks. it better if I join the goon guild?

yes

join g00n, setup services, get free ships, shoot hostiles

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

is there no way to constantly get content?

Redtree Enclave.

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

discord link in first post is no longer working whats the discord?

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
https://discord.gg/DqW2Bpy will maybe work? It shows as a valid invite in the discord client

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

Cool discord is birdmang#6018 for auth later

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

bird. posted:

Cool discord is birdmang#6018 for auth later

Assuming you're birde in game -- I got you.

notanewfag
May 13, 2008
For anyone wanting to try the game out over the COVID Holidays. Help a goon out use my referral code: https://albiononline.com/?ref=2XRY2TZ8LW

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

FormerFatty posted:

Assuming you're birde in game -- I got you.

ya, little shocked by the channel names tbh

sorry boys, feels a little too uncomfortable to be in an alliance where people casually drop "fag" in alliance chat =/

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Yeah I don’t consider myself overly sensitive to this kinda immature internet poo poo and it’s a bit much even for me. I didn’t feel like finding another guild so I kinda just stopped playing :/

The game is loving rad though. I hope you find a less lame group to run with.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
Even by toxic gamer standards the AO community is extremely toxic.

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

Pandaal posted:

Yeah I don’t consider myself overly sensitive to this kinda immature internet poo poo and it’s a bit much even for me. I didn’t feel like finding another guild so I kinda just stopped playing :/

The game is loving rad though. I hope you find a less lame group to run with.

ya i decided to play w/ euros in Newby they seem to make their primary emphasis being very inclusive & friendly

agreed, game rules tho. lovin it

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

That discord channel naming scheme is uh... :yikes:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

no one batted an eye when i uploaded videos of certain individuals dropping hard slurs regularly, but having "gay" in the discord chat channel is too much

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

no one batted an eye when i uploaded videos of certain individuals dropping hard slurs regularly, but having "gay" in the discord chat channel is too much

???? ?? i was not around for that.... and i left because that and the language used in alliance chat during the time of day i play was pretty yikes, my guy. want to relax in my spare time and not be bombarded with stuff i find offensive -- if the gamer words don't bother you and you're having fun, keep on i spose

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

bird. posted:

???? ?? i was not around for that.... and i left because that and the language used in alliance chat during the time of day i play was pretty yikes, my guy. want to relax in my spare time and not be bombarded with stuff i find offensive -- if the gamer words don't bother you and you're having fun, keep on i spose

i think you've misunderstood what i said

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

Yeah I dipped out on all that too. Ended up hopping guilds a few times til I found one that did BZ stuff without the slurs. Enjoying the game a lot more now!

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Even by toxic gamer standards the AO community is extremely toxic.

Most alliances (and all of the tryhard ones) are much worse than ARCH when it comes to gamer words and poo poo like that -- something about full loot games makes people extremely vile to eachother.

That being said -- if you are having more fun in Newby, go for it... to each their own.

In other news -- SBI (the company who owns albion) was recently sold for $130million euros... hopefully the game stays non p2w:

https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/141928-Sandbox-Interactive-joins-Stillfront/?postID=1100369#post1100369

quote:

Dear Albion Community,

As you might have read in the news, Sandbox Interactive will be joining Stillfront in January 2021. Stillfront consists of a family of game studios that largely work independently, while sharing knowledge and expertise between them to support each other.

For the past eight years, we have been building Albion Online up completely on our own - everything from development, to marketing, translations, customer support has been built up by ourselves. Now that Albion is growing at a massive rate, we realize that being on our own is not always an advantage. There are just too many things we’d have to master, and while we believe no one can develop Albion Online better than we can, there are plenty of areas around the game itself where we could benefit from additional expertise. This is why we decided to join the Stillfront Family. The partnership with Stillfront allows us to remain fully invested in Albion Online and its development, focusing on making the best Sandbox MMORPG experience in the world, while benefiting from Stillfront’s expertise in marketing and publishing to spread the word of Albion Online around the world.

For you, the players, this will mean more people to play with, more capacities for development of patches and updates, and simply more Albion Online as we continue to grow the game over the coming years.
With this ending to 2020, we’re looking forward to a bright future for Albion Online in 2021 and beyond.

Please let us know what questions you have about this in the comments below!
Robin ‘Eltharyon’ Henkys, CEO & The Sandbox Interactive Founder Team

fubolicious
Dec 31, 2020

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

That discord channel naming scheme is uh... :yikes:

It's a generation thing. I am in Awful Company and it's a fun place to be, yes, if you can't handle the F word, then sucks to be you i guess.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

fubolicious posted:

It's a generation thing. I am in Awful Company and it's a fun place to be, yes, if you can't handle the F word, then sucks to be you i guess.

This should be good, what F word is that?

Carnival Rider
Apr 23, 2006

fubolicious posted:

Oh is this our first Join for F word defending?

fubolicious
Dec 31, 2020
Furries?

Mexplosivo
Mar 8, 2007

The monetary system is not ratified by society yet it shapes and dictates our entire existence...

causticBeet posted:

https://discord.gg/DqW2Bpy will maybe work? It shows as a valid invite in the discord client

Joined that discord.

id Mexplosivo#8882

KidAfrika ingame if i can get an invite please.

Started playing this like a week ago. Already have t4 gear unlocked and am trying to do daily dungeon and daily arenas as a minimum to build up on silver and more importantly tomes. I usually have to do 3, 4 arenas for each win and this is just not going to cut it. I'm hoping there's an arena chat or something where i can find people to play with. Gotta get those tomes.

Mexplosivo fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jan 15, 2021

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Mexplosivo posted:

Joined that discord.

id Mexplosivo#8882

Started playing this like a week ago. Already have t4 gear unlocked and am trying to do daily dungeon and daily arenas as a minimum to build up on silver and more importantly tomes. I usually have to do 3, 4 arenas for each win and this is just not going to cut it. I'm hoping there's an arena chat or something where i can find people to play with. Gotta get those tomes.

Once you get in our alliance you can fame up (grind) MUCH faster than tomes from arenas.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Mexplosivo posted:

Joined that discord.

id Mexplosivo#8882

You can do the mid tier corrupted dungeons (stalker) in cheap 4.1 gear and you’ll get way more fame doing that for 30 minutes than you will for a few days worth of arena but still get some PvP action. They can be really good money too once you start winning fights, and you might lose a bunch at the start while you figure out the meta, once it clicks they get way easier. For a dungeon that takes 10 minutes, I probably make somewhere between 300k and 600k each dungeon, sometimes up to 1m depending on loot dice rolls and the value of whatever gear drops from the dude you kill.

https://youtu.be/BGKmuQyXvU0 is a pretty decent video showing a few cheap builds with explanations of how to play them

I find most of the fame farming in this game pretty awful, but corrupted dungeons absolutely own and are by far my favorite way to do something resembling productive fame farming while still getting to PvP.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

I've been reading up on this game all afternoon, and it does sound enticing; how's the Euro scene for the guild, and is there room for a guy who's really into supporty/tanky/crafty roles?

Crafty as in crafting, not being smart. Cause that I am not.

E:

Ah, well, this is just Runescape. Think I'll pass.

THE BAR fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jan 18, 2021

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Bump

Stereo
Feb 27, 2014

Get rekt son
Skullaps to 420

Can someone post one of the newbie friendly zvz healer builds? I saw in the Arch discord you're only allowed to zvz with one of the 'approved' builds, accurate? So may as well start leveling it up. Also is it possible to clear solo content with healing (staffs I think is the only healer option?) weps?

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Stereo posted:

Skullaps to 420

Can someone post one of the newbie friendly zvz healer builds? I saw in the Arch discord you're only allowed to zvz with one of the 'approved' builds, accurate? So may as well start leveling it up. Also is it possible to clear solo content with healing (staffs I think is the only healer option?) weps?

You can solo at or about a tier above your gear in healer gear. Holy staff has an E ability that does decent damage and if you kite and are smart with heals you’ll be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Healing and Locus are the builds that are generally recommended for lower spec players. It’s always good to have more healers, and locus is powerful even at lower IP because the weapons unique E only scales cool down reduction as spec increases. Personally I find locus way more fun to play than heals, and will take less overall investment to be impactful/useful.

The biggest penalty you will face when you have lower skills is that your hp pool will be tiny and you will be aggressively punished for getting caught out of position. Your chest armor is the biggest factor here, so that’s probably the most important piece to prioritize getting some spec in. Weapons are also important since they will scale up damage and unlock different abilities.

It is recommended that you stick to the “approved builds,” and they tend to be good builds tailored for survivability/utility, which is what is important in large scale black zone ZVZ. With that said, the only real punishment for not doing so is getting snark on discord.

In terms of running solo content as a healer, you can, but not very well. If you must, the nature staffs are probably best due to the thorns ability. You would be better off focusing first on getting a PVE build to 100 mastery, which will farm fame credits efficiently, and then using this to allocate free XP into weapons and armor that isn’t as good for PVE content. Great axe is the popular suggestion here, but honestly you can use a bunch of different weapons and armor combos and do just fine.