Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

hatty posted:

This is the only Cooler related moment I remember

Dr Wheelo does something similar too during his movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
obviously they didn't make a robot version of final form Cooler because the entire point of the special is to have the cast beat up an endless horde of robotic cannon fodder, and if you introduce even a single final form robot he'd be super badass reduce them all to atoms

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I liked Cooler's henchmen. :shrug:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Darth TNT posted:

I liked Cooler's henchmen. :shrug:

Most of the movie henchmen are neat and I would kill for them to make it into the video games someday, let me play as the Bio Warriors or the Spice Boys rather than just rehashing the same stilted rosters Dragon Ball as a franchise has had since they killed off the Budokai Tenkaichi series after 3

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Just an entire game where you can only play as the Pretty One, the One With Weird Powers, and the Big Tough Stupid One.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I liked the premise of movie 6 because I'm a sucker for hive minds, machine armies, and watching them regenerate. But I've only seen movies 1-3, 5, 6, and 8 only the only one I hated was Broly.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Star Man posted:

I liked the premise of movie 6 because I'm a sucker for hive minds, machine armies, and watching them regenerate. But I've only seen movies 1-3, 5, 6, and 8 only the only one I hated was Broly.

12 is the best of the Toei DBZ movies, watch that one, it has Hitler in it.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Darko posted:

So I should just rewatch Resurrection F?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Darko posted:

Agreed. Fusion Reborn is excellent. In my opinion, the third best Dragon Ball movie after Super: Broly and Battle of Gods.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Darko posted:

And Pikkon's there and he gets the poo poo kicked out of him, as he deserves.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

ok i gotta ask

am i the only person who doesn't have the release order of the dragon ball movies memorized? Like I have seen them all and can give you titles and rough sketches of plot but you put a gun to my head and give me one guess which movie 9 is and I'm going to see king yemma lmao

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Which was the one where Dracula was gonna blow up the sun with his giant super villain laser.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

projecthalaxy posted:

ok i gotta ask

am i the only person who doesn't have the release order of the dragon ball movies memorized? Like I have seen them all and can give you titles and rough sketches of plot but you put a gun to my head and give me one guess which movie 9 is and I'm going to see king yemma lmao

I'm the same. I remember them by villain, not even by name. If I have to tell the order, I absolutely have to think about it, and check roughly when each happened in relation to the series (as much as they can) to see which would happen before or after. Putting a number on them would take me some effort.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

projecthalaxy posted:

ok i gotta ask

Movie 9 is the 2nd Broly movie if I had to guess without looking

Edit: actually I forgot about Bojack. Its Bojack

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I thought the first Dead Zone movie was alright. Too bad the related anime filler was so terrible

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Just lol if you don't know the blood type of Tambourine's voice actor

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Star Man posted:

You should watch Lord Slug, it's pretty fun, especially since the English dub adds a bunch of butt rock for some reason

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

projecthalaxy posted:

ok i gotta ask

projecthalaxy posted:

ok i gotta ask

1 is garlic Jr
2 is robot not gero
3 is turles
4 is freeza but giant piccolo
5 is cooler
6 is metal cooler
7 is fake cell hick robot and two little robots and nut punch
8 is brolly
9 is tournament and Gohan and some loser and friends
10 is brolly and Gohan and goten peeing on brolly
11 is bio brolly
12 is janenba and Hitler
13 is the movie with godzilla and a song that says if goku can't do it no one else can
Then there's a special where everyone meets up and has a party and then freeza level people show up so they let the kids fight them
Then cat God
Then freeza returns
Then brolly again but good

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
my hottest DBZ movie take is that Bio Broly is better than Return of Cooler because at least that movie has the sense to look great

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Bio Broly is the only one i've never seen til this day.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Blockhouse posted:

my hottest DBZ movie take is that Bio Broly is better than Return of Cooler because at least that movie has the sense to look great

Bio Broly gets treated like the worst movie but honestly giving spotlight to people other than the main two makes it better than Broly 2 in my mind, and I can even agree with your take and put it above Cooler 2.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Bio Broly has Mr. Satan in it.

This immediately puts it in the upper bound.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Return of Cooler is probably in the running for one of the worst Dragon Ball things in general, it's such an ugly, cheap movie for such a big franchise.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Darko posted:

Nah it's just King Piccolo again.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Justin_Brett posted:

Return of Cooler is probably in the running for one of the worst Dragon Ball things in general, it's such an ugly, cheap movie for such a big franchise.

The high point is Vegeta getting hit in the dick.

Notably, it's the first movie Vegeta shows up in.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Justin_Brett posted:

It's especially weird considering the five movies before it are overall pretty good, and none of the seven after it get as bad as it does

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

drrockso20 posted:

It's especially weird considering the five movies before it are overall pretty good, and none of the seven after it get as bad as it does

If I had to guess it'd be the same reason Resurrection F ended up looking pretty ghastly - a generally hosed production cycle.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

When I was a teen, I liked Return of Cooler, mainly because I saw the movies before reading the manga since those were the days of bootleg sometimes not even fansub video tapes in the early 90s. I liked that there were two SSJs and had kind of fun fight scenes since I had nothing to compare it to except the very little OG Dragon Ball I saw and prior movies.

It wasn't until years later where I was able to get episodes of the actual show that I realized the movies were mostly stupid and Dragon Ball was entirely different than I thought it was.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Darko posted:

1 is garlic Jr
2 is robot not gero
3 is turles
5 is cooler
6 is metal cooler
7 is fake cell hick robot and two little robots and nut punch
8 is brolly
9 is tournament and Gohan and some loser and friends
10 is brolly and Gohan and goten peeing on brolly
11 is bio brolly
12 is janenba and Hitler
13 is the movie with godzilla and a song that says if goku can't do it no one else can
Then there's a special where everyone meets up and has a party and then freeza level people show up so they let the kids fight them
Then cat God
Then freeza returns
Then brolly again but good

Which is the one that TFS turned into Santa

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Which is the one that TFS turned into Santa

That was an OVA included with a video game. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Ball_Z_Side_Story:_Plan_to_Eradicate_the_Saiyans

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Yes GT based its first real arc on this OVA.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

This Bardock is excellent. It’s subtle changes to his design, but SH Figuarts really improved over the years. I don’t even like the character much but this is an awesome figure.

Nanigans fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Feb 1, 2021

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I like OG Bardock predominantly for his armor. Broly ruined it.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Huh, weird. I prefer the Broly version of the armor. I like the square shoulders.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
The red and green color scheme on Bardock is :discourse:

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Bardock's probly the only guy to get worse in DBS: Broly. Let the lil bastard suck unapologetically and hate his kids.

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
wtf happened to super bardock's bandana and leg warmers

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Siegkrow posted:

Huh, weird. I prefer the Broly version of the armor. I like the square shoulders.

It's too generic and boring. The green and red made it look like the armor was his personal choice, especially with the bandanna.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

New Leaf posted:

It's too generic and boring. The green and red made it look like the armor was his personal choice, especially with the bandanna.

Hmm not sure if the bandana was a choice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Hey, he chose to mop up their blood and tie it around his head. It just happened to perfectly match his leg warmers.