Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

Now imaging if you will that next to the scrap wood shoe matt (damn right im going to have people kick off their shoes before entering my tiny home) a rocking chair or camping chair, and then beside that a small grill or sawn off 55-gallon barrel sitting on top of a wire spool.

Dynamite Dog posted:

maybe try something like this

What is this lol?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Rytheric posted:

I plan do to everything by code. I was a construction inspector for a while

You think they're lying but that fact actually just makes this whole thing check out that much harder.

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

Now imaging if you will that next to the scrap wood shoe matt (damn right im going to have people kick off their shoes before entering my tiny home) a rocking chair or camping chair, and then beside that a small grill or sawn off 55-gallon barrel sitting on top of a wire spool.

crazystray posted:

This actually explained a lot about what you are trying to do and I think it's pretty cool.

I recommend seriously considering a small wood stove instead of a firepit. You want ambiance right? Well you can use your wood stove as a stove to heat water for tea or hot toddy's, or warm cookies something. It's much more functional than an open firepit.

Edit: Here are a few options for you to check out.

https://mongolianstore.com/product/portable-wood-burning-stove/
https://winnerwell.us/collections/shop-all-winnerwell%C2%AE
https://wittus.com/faltovn/

Or something cheap on Amazon, there are lots of options.

I really do like the wittus one.

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

taqueso posted:

you could put the fireplace in a bay window style outcrop to minimize the trip hazard

That would mess with the symmetry. Im not a barbarian.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Rytheric posted:

That would mess with the symmetry. Im not a barbarian.

Have you thought about the feng shui of your various DoomBuildings?

It's very important. Living quarters must have the door facing south. Since the GroverTruk's made of metal, you're gonna wanna make the bed out of stone, etc.

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

Rytheric posted:

Its okay. Im going to sleep now. I won't be on for another 18 hours. So you dont have to have the fear of missing out/urge to hit the refresh button every 5 minutes.

Sorry Jazz. I lied

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Rytheric posted:

So for anyone wondering this is who I look up to as a role model and model for how I want to live off the land with my tiny homes.
https://youtu.be/Hr5s0ps9rAQ

I don't like how his rainwater barrels are the same color as his poop barrels

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
OP how are you going to make sure all the poo poo in your GroverTrukk won't just poo poo the bed when you drive it around? There's a reason why sailing yachts have stowage and poo poo just isn't rolling loose below decks.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Where do you shower, op?

I've shotgunned the thread unblinkingly and now my eyes are bloodshot.

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

Recoome posted:

OP how are you going to make sure all the poo poo in your GroverTrukk won't just poo poo the bed when you drive it around? There's a reason why sailing yachts have stowage and poo poo just isn't rolling loose below decks.

I dont have anything in my GroverTruk bedroom except my bed. I live a minimalist life style. In the closet space all I have is a couple bins of tools, a creeper, and my sway bar I haven't reattached yet from when I was working on my suspension. (This will get reattached soon tm)

Later it will have a clothes rack. Maybe some books above the battery cabinet waiting for the an electrical fire to burn them all up. Who knows.

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

DicktheCat posted:

Where do you shower, op?

I've shotgunned the thread unblinkingly and now my eyes are bloodshot.

Right now I just shower at whereever I plug in for power. I rent a room at my boss's house that I've all but moved out of. After that I will shower at planet fitness until I figure out what to do with the murderhaus. I want a detached shower house, but state codes wants the shower integrated. Sounded like cubic Sucrose was going to look into that.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

Rytheric posted:

It is currently sitting over a pit. The county wanted the previous guy to abandon them in like 2014 (i imagine this one was last dug prior to 2009 before the then existing church burnt down). There is a second one on the property hence the two TimberShitters on the map. The leaves are covering the 6 foot slab.. There is also a cracked third base that someone tried to throw into the creek behind the house. I dont have to dig a new pit until the feces reach 18inch below the surface.

First off, you’re sitting on brown gold. You should see if local farmers would be interested in buying it for fertilizer.

Second, what do you mean the church burned down in 2009 ? How could you leave out that part of the story?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Rytheric posted:

I dont have anything in my GroverTruk bedroom except my bed. I live a minimalist life style. In the closet space all I have is a couple bins of tools, a creeper, and my sway bar I haven't reattached yet from when I was working on my suspension. (This will get reattached soon tm)

Later it will have a clothes rack. Maybe some books above the battery cabinet waiting for the an electrical fire to burn them all up. Who knows.

I mean the chairs, firepit, bed etc. that were in the initial drawings. Are you bolting these things to the floor?

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

AmbientParadox posted:

First off, you’re sitting on brown gold. You should see if local farmers would be interested in buying it for fertilizer.

Second, what do you mean the church burned down in 2009 ? How could you leave out that part of the story?

There is too much story to tell without writing a novel. I have to give it out one piece at a time. But yeah the reason the land has remnants of ancient shitters was there was originally a church that was built there in the late 50 to early 60s. So it originally had a men's and women's outhouse. Aerial photographs suggest the church burnt down in 2009. Either from someone burning bamboo in a fire stove, lovely electrical, or arson because the property owner wanted a large house on it.

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

Recoome posted:

I mean the chairs, firepit, bed etc. that were in the initial drawings. Are you bolting these things to the floor?

Oh. Well originally they were going to be thai yoga Matt's so I could just sit them in the bedroom of stack them in the closet. Now the idea is fold chairs I can just put in the closet. For the grill, I can just pick it up and wedge/strap its legs to the wooded stringers on the walls.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

OP where's your gaming rig going to go? Where are you going to play Fallout New Vegas bro?

Jamie Faith fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Feb 1, 2021

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

Also I have a SHTF sail boat i can live in dry docked near by. So im use to stowage.

bionic sheep
Nov 30, 2011

i don't want to jump to conclusions but the existence of a church does imply the existence of a graveyard. is OP building a human self-sacrifice truck pyre on an ancient burial ground.
i don't want to jump to conclusions but the existence of a church does imply the existence of a graveyard. is OP building a human self-sacrifice truck pyre on an ancient burial ground.

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

Jamie Faith posted:

OP where's your gaming rig going to go? Where are going to play Fallout New Vegas bro?

I gave my gaming rig to my nephew and my 52 inch screens to my ex and her room mate in my last purge. Nowadays I use my phone for gaming thanks to eve echoes. Once ultima online or Legends of Aria comes to mobile I will probably be set.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
I like the guy in Orlando “foraging” for food from his neighbors trash cans

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Rytheric posted:

I gave my gaming rig to my nephew and my 52 inch screens to my ex and her room mate in my last purge. Nowadays I use my phone for gaming thanks to eve echoes. Once ultima online or Legends of Aria comes to mobile I will probably be set.

OP you can't play Fallout New Vegas on mobile. I'm starting to suspect you don't know what you're doing OP

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

Phil Moscowitz posted:

I like the guy in Orlando “foraging” for food from his neighbors trash cans

Lol he also fished. And set traps for the squirrels that would wonder into his garden. He has a lot of videos on it. When he went out to the Midwest he also ate roadkill deer and such.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

OP, I like to believe that this thread is sincere; if not, it is truly one of the 11 greatest trolls yet on SA. I wish you well, please don't half-rear end stuff that might kill you.

Try this

I can say with 100% certitude that this is sincere and not a troll. Which makes it even more funny

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

Jamie Faith posted:

OP you can't play Fallout New Vegas on mobile. I'm starting to suspect you don't know what you're doing OP

I've only ever played the first fallout. I bought new Vegas at some point but it wouldnt run on the newer equipment I had. Neither would fallout 3.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Please add a zipline to from the Truk to the shitter to complete the failed goon project bingo.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Rytheric posted:

I've only ever played the first fallout. I bought new Vegas at some point but it wouldnt run on the newer equipment I had. Neither would fallout 3.

Sell your grovertruk for spare parts and use the cash to buy a decent gaming rig. At least a gaming rig cant give you carbon monoxide poisoning

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

Paint Crop Pro posted:

Please add a zipline to from the Truk to the shitter to complete the failed goon project bingo.

Do to the positioning, it would have to be from the observawellatory to the timbershitter. Id be afraid of knocking the timbershitter over though.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Rytheric posted:

Also I have a SHTF sail boat i can live in dry docked near by. So im use to stowage.

post the murderboat

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Rytheric posted:

Do to the positioning, it would have to be from the observawellatory to the timbershitter. Id be afraid of knocking the timbershitter over though.

Just have the zipline end next to it.

I'm sure some mattresses would slow you down enough and a burning barrel so you know when to brace at night

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona

Rytheric posted:

I don't understand how a zipline didn't immediately become part of the plan when "I spend my nights watching the stars from my observatory unless I have to poo poo, in which case I zipline right on down to the good ol' TimberShitter" was added to the table

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

As I read this thread, I went through many emotions, but mostly this one.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
You definitely need to design a system where you can back the truck up to the shitter and deploy a tunnel like a space shuttle docking with the ISS. How else are you gonna poo poo during a blizzard?

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Recoome posted:

post the murderboat

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Rytheric posted:

truly love that part of the reason this thread happened is that they made an eve for phones

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Recoome posted:

post the murderboat

A rendition.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
OP how is cell service in the general area of the TimberShitter? You've mentioned toilet EVE multiple times now and I want to make sure you're not going to make a choice you regret when you can't dump & EVE.

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

This took some digging through my tinder and bumble profiles since I buried my last phone at the beach and lost it and all the good pictures I had of my boats, so I only have a few of me sailing. So here we go with some extras.

So this is the Seacat. It is a flat back canoe that I quickly turned into a sailboat after I discovered water and boating when I came down from the rural mountainous foot hills of West Virginia to the beautiful coastal plains of North carolina. This is not my SHTF boat.

This is me relaxing while sailing in the Seacat.

This is me taking a sailing course at the yacht club near the land of MurderHaus.

This is the Seven Seas. I dont have any sideviews of the boat unfortunately as I never fell overboard, and I dont have my helicopter yet. There are technically three places I can sleep in the Seven Seas and it has a kitchen and a place to put a 5 gallon bucket when I dont feel like making GBS threads in the sea.

Random other tid bits I found on the photo search.

This is an aquaponics experiment with rice that iwas doing for a Mars Society research group i found.

This is the great scarf I made during my hobo phase. Cat for size.

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

OP how is cell service in the general area of the TimberShitter? You've mentioned toilet EVE multiple times now and I want to make sure you're not going to make a choice you regret when you can't dump & EVE.

I have perfect reception at the land of MurderHaus. Its by the lake so I pick up several towers.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Rytheric posted:

Sorry Jazz. I lied

Don’t worry I’m staying on top of this. Have you considered a drone instead of a helicopter? You could buy one of the larger ones and automate various tasks for it. Perhaps even build it a hanger on the top of grovertruk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

Don’t worry I’m staying on top of this. Have you considered a drone instead of a helicopter? You could buy one of the larger ones and automate various tasks for it. Perhaps even build it a hanger on the top of grovertruk.

I'd rather sit in the helicopter than hang from a drone Mary Poppins style while trying to navigate the controls.