Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Lid posted:

twitter dumbass cheatcode: search for anyone saying Hideo Itami

even at his main roster worst shape KENTA was never “portly” wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I legit don't get those people. KENTA is probably one of the most influential wrestlers of the past 20 years.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Benne posted:

Promotions have been working with each other forever, it's only modern WWE that chooses to be this weird isolationist bubble

WWE also got turned away by several Japanese promotions and had to settle for Sendai Girls while AEW are working with two of the big three promotions in Japan

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Pylons posted:

I legit don't get those people. KENTA is probably one of the most influential wrestlers of the past 20 years.

This is the Dusty they think of and only the Dusty they think of.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Pylons posted:

CM Punk and Daniel Bryan straight up yoinked part of their signature spots from this single guy and he was one of the pioneers of the 00's Jr Heavyweight style that inspired a huge chunk of the people on the NXT roster. But they only know him as Hideo Itami, a guy who spent his WWE career mostly injured :shrug:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
low hanging fruit but whatever

https://twitter.com/MeltzerSaidWhat/status/1357248404095696905

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
i dont see the contradiction

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Ok I was going to post this without checking but let's go on a story

https://twitter.com/Sean_1968/status/1357248930636046338
https://twitter.com/Sean_1968/status/1357258167101644800

and then I checked his profile

52 year old Father , Grandfather , Movie fanatic , blogger , Hammer, wrestling obsessed ( not WWE) NHL disciple , Rock/Metal devotee and life long gamer

:3:

It's still real :)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

davidbix posted:

KENTA is not in the "FREE" section of the NJPW website. Right now, it's Amazing Red, Chris Jericho, Jon Moxley, Karl Fredericks, Ryu Lee, The DKC, and TJP.

Doesn't that means wrestlers aren't in a faction rather than their contract status? We know Suzuki's a freelancer while in Suzuki-gun and SANADA either is or was a freelancer while in LIJ while Karl Fredericks is presumably under contract as a Dojo graduate

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Lid posted:

Ok I was going to post this without checking but let's go on a story

https://twitter.com/Sean_1968/status/1357248930636046338
https://twitter.com/Sean_1968/status/1357258167101644800

and then I checked his profile

52 year old Father , Grandfather , Movie fanatic , blogger , Hammer, wrestling obsessed ( not WWE) NHL disciple , Rock/Metal devotee and life long gamer

:3:

It's still real :)
This is for bad wrestling opinions, not legitimate fans who still don't know wrestling's fake! He's actually sounds pretty wholesome.

Rarity posted:

Doesn't that means wrestlers aren't in a faction rather than their contract status? We know Suzuki's a freelancer while in Suzuki-gun and SANADA either is or was a freelancer while in LIJ while Karl Fredericks is presumably under contract as a Dojo graduate
You're mostly right. afaik, NJPW will still use freelancers in major storylines, they're just very hesitant to give them titles, you'd have to dig a little deeper for people who are 100% NJPW contracts and freelancers who are in the upper card but just don't wrestle outside of NJPW very often.

I think KENTA was a NJPW exclusive contract and not a freelancer, but I haven't seen any source saying one thing or the other.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Feb 4, 2021

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I thought non-aligned wrestlers with New Japan contracts were listed as Main Unit on the website, while the guys in Free are non-aligned freelancers.

Obviously freelancers who are in factions would be listed among the rest of their faction mates

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Honma is a freelancer but I believe is listed as Main Unit along with GBH (he could just be GBH I haven't checked for a while)

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Honma is a freelancer but I believe is listed as Main Unit along with GBH (he could just be GBH I haven't checked for a while)

he's only listed in GBH, not Main Unit

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

RealFoxy posted:

This is for bad wrestling opinions, not legitimate fans who still don't know wrestling's fake! He's actually sounds pretty wholesome.

the :3: and its still real :) are me, not his profile haha

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Lid posted:

the :3: and its still real :) are me, not his profile haha
I understood that, he just seems like a Wrestling is Real to Me mark. Hates MJF and Britt, likes Eva & Leva & Abadon, and doesn't understand why the women who have been grinding in the pandemic era are being left out over the Japanese wrestlers. Man's a good example of a the fabled AEW casual fan

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
yeah thats why i said i went on a story because at first it felt this is dumb but no hes a trube nice old true believer old man :)

he's like that 12 year old who unironically loved Bray Wyatt, and how there was a sincerity to his love given all he ever knew was 2010s WWE

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Lid posted:

Sort of but even in the Royale they were an after thought to Jericho and Sammy and MJF.

That is literally one of the main points of the story that's being told, yes.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

are there other fandoms that constantly pearl clutch about how the hypothetical casuals may be reacting to scenarios that play out literally over and over again

Comic books, and the adaptation of them to films. Before Guardians of the Galaxy became a huge hit there was so much hand wringing about how normies wouldn't get a talking racoon and tree. And it was just as dumb there as it is here. Most people are very good at picking up context clues.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Vince MechMahon posted:

Comic books, and the adaptation of them to films. Before Guardians of the Galaxy became a huge hit there was so much hand wringing about how normies wouldn't get a talking racoon and tree. And it was just as dumb there as it is here. Most people are very good at picking up context clues.

It doesn’t help that the kind of terminally online people who gripe about it are the same ones who are completely incapable of picking up on those same context clues.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

davidbix posted:

Also they were literally just part of one of the greatest segments in the history of televised wrestling 5 weeks ago.

My brain might be broken because I can't remember what you're referring to

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/CFl1992/status/1357347663419559937

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

your friend wicka posted:

My brain might be broken because I can't remember what you're referring to

There are several very good options for 'very good tv segment' involving the Inner Circle.

Maybe the Inner Circle clearing the air promo with Hager shouting "Championships!" and Santana and Oritz laying out the text of 'why the gently caress are we even here'

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Jade is a Division 1 athlete with a degree in Psychology and arguably the best look in all of wrestling right now. A lot of people seem to think she's going to bomb in her debut match but I just seriously doubt it, she's not going to get gassed, she's incredibly strong and agile to be able to perform at that level of college athletics and she's certainly intelligent to have earned the degree she has.

If i'm wrong oh well, she's young and starting out, the sky is the limit, but I see her being very impressive in her debut along the same lines as Lesnar or Angle, you don't get a body like that and compete at the level she has by being clumsy or uncoordinated. All she really has to do is some power moves and carry herself like a star which she already does and she'll be fine for quite a while. Put her in the ring with Shida, Rosa, or Deeb and I have no doubt they can get a 4 star match together.

So gently caress that guy and his weird tweet

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Eat My Fuc posted:

Jade is a Division 1 athlete with a degree in Psychology and arguably the best look in all of wrestling right now. A lot of people seem to think she's going to bomb in her debut match but I just seriously doubt it, she's not going to get gassed, she's incredibly strong and agile to be able to perform at that level of college athletics and she's certainly intelligent to have earned the degree she has.

If i'm wrong oh well, she's young and starting out, the sky is the limit, but I see her being very impressive in her debut along the same lines as Lesnar or Angle, you don't get a body like that and compete at the level she has by being clumsy or uncoordinated. All she really has to do is some power moves and carry herself like a star which she already does and she'll be fine for quite a while. Put her in the ring with Shida, Rosa, or Deeb and I have no doubt they can get a 4 star match together.

So gently caress that guy and his weird tweet

She also manages to get her hair pure white without completely frying it which is very impressive.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

this is loving disgusting

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

She also manages to get her hair pure white without completely frying it which is very impressive.

I mean, it's probably still frying it.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
hey can we not post poo poo like that in here, there's enough stupid to laugh at without having to dive down the well of people parroting Cornette's opinions.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Yeah stupid takes are one thing. That post was just racism/misogyny

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

MassRafTer posted:

This guy is everyone who pretended the debut of The Butcher and the Blade and the Bunny was bad.

to be fair, excalibur gave kenta way more than he gave them, and the crowd, small as it was, did actually recognize kenta.

Lid posted:

Sort of but even in the Royale they were an after thought to Jericho and Sammy and MJF.

this was literally a promo they did. literally "we were asked to join as the tag team, but keep getting put behind the rest of you".

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Lid posted:

This is the Dusty they think of and only the Dusty they think of.

When they had Harley Race, didn't they pretty much keep him chained to the midcard as well?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Vagabundo posted:

When they had Harley Race, didn't they pretty much keep him chained to the midcard as well?

Harley Race had no business being in the main event scene during his WWF run, dude was broken down and just loving done

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/MiseryEater101/status/1357167186494722049

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
The TNA Mecca types rule.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

karmicknight posted:

The TNA Mecca types rule.

find you someone who loves you like TNA mecca loves TNA

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Vagabundo posted:

Yeah. His big thing was a feud with the Junkyard Dog. JYD being somebody else the WWF mismanaged.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Called it:

Davros1 posted:

I'm sure the people at the Impact Mecca are going to spin this as somehow all of Impact's doing.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Yes, Impact did great things to build a partnership with NJPW back in the mid to late 2000s. Let's take three random names and how the then TNA treated them:

Shinsuke Nakamura: Then IWGP champion, relegated to appearing on Xplosion.
Tetsuya Naito: Jobbed out to Kevin Nash.
Kazuchika Okada: Turned into a parody of the Green Hornet's sidekick Kato to Samoa Joe.

In fact, I remember after Okada had returned to NJPW and was starting his rise, MVP did a video with a bunch of the Japanese roster in English for the fans overseas where he asked Okada' if Okada had any words for TNA. Okada's response was simply "Hell no!"

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Hoss Corncave posted:

Yes, Impact did great things to build a partnership with NJPW back in the mid to late 2000s. Let's take three random names and how the then TNA treated them:

Shinsuke Nakamura: Then IWGP champion, relegated to appearing on Xplosion.
Tetsuya Naito: Jobbed out to Kevin Nash.
Kazuchika Okada: Turned into a parody of the Green Hornet's sidekick Kato to Samoa Joe.

In fact, I remember after Okada had returned to NJPW and was starting his rise, MVP did a video with a bunch of the Japanese roster in English for the fans overseas where he asked Okada' if Okada had any words for TNA. Okada's response was simply "Hell no!"

also according to the bucks book they tried to pressure okada into blading when he really did not want to.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

quote:

Can’t wait to see Ishii going 20 minutes with Janela.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/lcp2bj/kota_ibushi_retweeting_kenny_omega/gm166qc/

Imagine saying this like it’s a bad thing, or that Ishii is somehow above doing a reasonably long match with a guy who has had a lot of good matches with good wrestlers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

JUNGLE BOY posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/lcp2bj/kota_ibushi_retweeting_kenny_omega/gm166qc/

Imagine saying this like it’s a bad thing, or that Ishii is somehow above doing a reasonably long match with a guy who has had a lot of good matches with good wrestlers!

Ishii could probably literally get a 4 star match out of a plank of wood.