Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk9tfIWnmJo
So there's a Japanese remake of Cube. Also Vincenzo Natali, who directed the original, is an executive producer on it.

OK, but... why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I'll take good looking but schlocky sci-fi any day.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Ego-bot posted:

Didn't Willis get replaced by Harrison Ford in Expendables 3? I remember Stallone came out and said that Willis was lazy. I may have that backwards because both of them checked out a while ago.

Harrison Ford checked out during the Star Wars Holiday Special.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

PeterCat posted:

Not sure if checked out or tripped out is more appropriate there

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

PeterCat posted:

this is bullshit. hes put in great performances over a long career.

he checked out in hollywood homicide. hes just never liked star wars or how it dominated his career, because its so stupid and its fans are annoying morons.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Here comes another fight about exactly when Harrison Ford stopped caring.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mr. Squishy posted:

Here comes another fight about exactly when Harrison Ford stopped caring.

He never cared.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

clown shoes posted:

This trailer wins some kind of movie sci-fi bingo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1jR3qb0vMg

It's not a Stargate, it's a Fargate Spacegate. It is nothing at all like that trademarked thing from the movie and syndicated TV show.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Harrison Ford, the guy who in Raiders of the Lost Ark just asked if he could "just shoot the guy" instead of having a long swordfight, has never cared. And that's absolutely fine.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

How good of a carpenter was he?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

clown shoes posted:

This trailer wins some kind of movie sci-fi bingo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1jR3qb0vMg

Asylum-quality sets there.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

MonsieurChoc posted:

Asylum-quality sets there.

I always love the "we couldn't afford a set so we just filmed in a forest"

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Anne Frank Funk posted:

Above average carpenter but superb weed guy.

As far as caring or whatever Ford to me has always seemed to be someone that was nonplussed by fame and had seen enough poo poo by the time he hit the big leagues to understand that it was a means to an end rather than an end in of itself. Knowing that your legacy is Star Wars and you'll never get out from under it would gently caress with anybody but he's put in some strong performances over the years and seems to be a guy you could shoot the poo poo with. Who gives a gently caress if he plays the celebrity game or not?

Mat Cauthon fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Feb 5, 2021

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Anne Frank Funk posted:

If Sergio Mendes trusts him to build his recording studio, he's a drat fine carpenter in my book.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I seen the Saban logo, I know what time it is.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Peanut President posted:

Harrison Ford, the guy who in Raiders of the Lost Ark just asked if he could "just shoot the guy" instead of having a long swordfight, has never cared. And that's absolutely fine.

You do know that Ford asked to just shoot the guy because he had gastroenteritis and kept having to dash for the khazi mid-take?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Also because he rightly realized it would be a funny moment. The guy wasn't trying to get out of work.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Let the man crash his airplanes in peace.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Proteus Jones posted:

It's not a Stargate, it's a Fargate Spacegate. It is nothing at all like that trademarked thing from the movie and syndicated TV show.

To me it looks more like they're ripping off the space portal from The Expanse while the suits look like they're copied from the videogame The Surge.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

LesterGroans posted:

Related to this, this is a really good post about how great The Sopranos was at casting interesting faces and bodies.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/46827804

I’m very into this

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Proteus Jones posted:

Which I haven’t seen!

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Jedit posted:

You do know that Ford asked to just shoot the guy because he had gastroenteritis and kept having to dash for the khazi mid-take?

feedmyleg posted:

Also because he rightly realized it would be a funny moment. The guy wasn't trying to get out of work.

thank you for agreeing with me

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Peanut President posted:

Yeah but wasn’t he sick too with like diarrhea and fever or was was that an excuse?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Gatts posted:

Yeah but wasn’t he sick too with like diarrhea and fever or was was that an excuse?

He was, yeah. A lot of other actors would've done the scene anyway and just hoped not to die or whatever but Ford's like "gently caress this, I'm sick", and I admire that.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Any true, dedicated actor would've poo poo themselves on camera and forced the director to use the take.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Mat Cauthon posted:

Above average carpenter but superb weed guy.

As far as caring or whatever Ford to me has always seemed to be someone that was nonplussed by fame and had seen enough poo poo by the time he hit the big leagues to understand that it was a means to an end rather than an end in of itself. Knowing that your legacy is Star Wars and you'll never get out from under it would gently caress with anybody but he's put in some strong performances over the years and seems to be a guy you could shoot the poo poo with. Who gives a gently caress if he plays the celebrity game or not?

When I was at Warner Bros we did a career legacy reel for him for some awards show. He was adamant about putting tons of shots from Witness in the reel and was a real pill about it.

Look I know you're proud of that performance but people don't care about Witness in a legacy reel man. You're loving Indiana Jones after all.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

kiimo posted:

When I was at Warner Bros we did a career legacy reel for him for some awards show. He was adamant about putting tons of shots from Witness in the reel and was a real pill about it.

Look I know you're proud of that performance but people don't care about Witness in a legacy reel man. You're loving Indiana Jones after all.

I care about Witness. :colbert:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Hey it's a good movie and a good performance and I got to see Kelly McGillis' ta tas in the theater.

But a legacy reel is a hype piece for a drunk crowd. Long drawn out scenes of pensive looks take all the energy out

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Peanut President posted:

He was, yeah. A lot of other actors would've done the scene anyway and just hoped not to die or whatever but Ford's like "gently caress this, I'm sick", and I admire that.

I think a lot of actors would've said "gently caress you I'm sick, not coming out of my trailer until I stop making GBS threads my guts out." The fact that he worked at all seems impressive to me. It sucks being sick in a hot country.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Also that scene's great.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Superb Owl today which means new trailers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB1m-WogYeg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hoLr8hKfDY

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
"Only in theaters this summer. Or maybe fall. But definitely by winter. Well, okay, probably actually on VOD."

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
I hope that M Night movie does ok so that Vicky Krieps gets more work

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWBsDaFWyTE

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

You cannot convince me that this is a real movie. This is some kind of bit.

The two most uncharismatic Marvel characters come together!

clown shoes fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Feb 8, 2021

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Now now, I don’t see Jeremy Renner anywhere in that trailer.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I like the nod to The Falcon and the Snowman in the title.

Plus, Captain America was the MCU series I liked the most (Winter Soldier's main plot of "aw dang, literal nazis have infiltrated the government institutions!" has aged rather well, I might add) so I'm kind of looking forward to it.

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Trailer looks good but I have no doubt the pregnancy scene will be handled in the tackiest and cringiest way possible. M Night has burned his good will with me.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Ammanas posted:

this is bullshit. hes put in great performances over a long career.

he checked out in hollywood homicide. hes just never liked star wars or how it dominated his career, because its so stupid and its fans are annoying morons.

Lol im the only person in the world that likes Hollywood Homocide

Harrison is funny in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I'm really looking forward to The Falcon and The Winter Solider. It looks like it has incredible production values.