Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

pseudanonymous posted:

I've literally never understood the logic of "God so loved the world that he made it so that people would commit original sin and thus be condemned so he could send his only son to die in torture to redeem people" it reeks of Munchausen by proxy.

In the old testament god is not good. He's a raging petty jackass that obliterates entire nations because they pissed him off in some way. "God is good and good is love" is new age nonsense conflicts with the cannon of hellfire and pillars of salt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

kik2dagroin posted:

I've got a full months worth of data about how freepers post.

Top 25 domains freepers link articles from that shows up on the front page. Unique links only, aggregated by their domain.

I wonder if msn.com is so prominent because it is a source that shows up on so many default homepages. I could see freepers just opening new tabs to get angry at the first thing they see pop up.

Top 10 posters. Unique links only.

SeekAndFind is either a bot programmed to scrape conservative rags and repost them on FR or is your unfriendly sysadmin that does nothing but post all day while everyone else has to pick up the slack.

:yikes:
[/quote]

neat

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Finnankainen posted:

Freep discussing the most pressing issue of the day *checks notes* guitars in church

Does ‘A Guy With a Guitar’ Really Improve Church Worship?

i love how they hate literally everything

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Guavanaut posted:

And then a bunch of other kids steal the ball and spend the next couple millennia beating each other up over whether the Son was the same as the God or not.

That's Modalism, Patrick!

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

MysteriousStranger posted:

In the old testament god is not good. He's a raging petty jackass that obliterates entire nations because they pissed him off in some way. "God is good and good is love" is new age nonsense conflicts with the cannon of hellfire and pillars of salt.

The Bible is basically a manifesto of a complete genocidal psychopath who let their hippie son contribute four chapters in it.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

God really chilled out when he had a kid, like a lot of people. I mean it was either that or he’d have pulled a Kronos and we’d have paintings of baby JC being eaten

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Nitrousoxide posted:

Jesus dying is actually a convoluted way for Yahweh to get out of the original contract with the Israelites. Under Jewish law the covenant between God and the Israelites could only be broken by the death of either party. Since the Israelites were a whole society it would require eliminating every single one of them so God just had himself killed in a clever fake suicide to avoid his debt collectors and get out of his covenant.

I’m not meming by the way this is the actual reasoning for why God’s death was required.

its also convoluted because early early Christianity was basicaly just a weird jewish sect but Paul and others wanted to go beyond Judaism since it didnt get any traction there so alot of the later stuff is focused on roman/hellnistic jews/gentile audience in general.

DarkCrawler posted:

The Bible is basically a manifesto of a complete genocidal psychopath who let their hippie son contribute four chapters in it.

its more like the hippie son wrote the same chapter 4 times with but with different intentions and meanings and recuts and the rest are said sons fanboys talking about early church doctrine or humble bragging about poo poo.

Sir Tonk posted:

i love how they hate literally everything

same. its loving weird as poo poo.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Dapper_Swindler posted:

its more like the hippie son wrote the same chapter 4 times with but with different intentions and meanings and recuts and the rest are said sons fanboys talking about early church doctrine or humble bragging about poo poo.

With the last fanboy being high on acid, PCP and bath salts but his crazy trip impressed the rest of the fanboys so much that they had to include it.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Dr. VooDoo posted:

God really chilled out when he had a kid, like a lot of people. I mean it was either that or he’d have pulled a Kronos and we’d have paintings of baby JC being eaten

Eh, I get the vibe from rabbis I follow on twitter, that that's a very Christian take on things, especially since Christians don't typically read the 1000s of years worth of addendum texts, and act like the religion hasn't changed at all in the 2000 years since Jesus.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

DarkCrawler posted:

This is stupid, the bedrock texts of the Jewish literary tradition are not the "manifesto of a complete genocidal psychopath." I don't think anyone here would approve of this outrageous slander if it were applied to a book of Native American mythology, ancient Pagan myths, or even the Quran - then they'd recognize it as lazy, hateful reductionism of the kind you might read on Free Republic.

Ambitious Spider posted:

Eh, I get the vibe from rabbis I follow on twitter, that that's a very Christian take on things, especially since Christians don't typically read the 1000s of years worth of addendum texts, and act like the religion hasn't changed at all in the 2000 years since Jesus.

Yeah exactly. "God is evil in the Old Testament and nice in the New Testament" is a Christian gnostic/supersessionist idea that doesn't survive actual engagement with the nuances of either text. It's lazy, edgy, and only makes sense if you assume that Jews were stupid savages for thousands of years, worshipping a god of pure bloodthirsty like a tribal caricature out of Indiana Jones. To really believe it you have to be either antisemitic (Jews are savages) or delusional about the past (people who lived in the Bronze and Iron Ages were savages).

God is not an angel of rainbows and butterflies in the Hebrew Bible (nor in the Christian Bible). Nor is God a demon of fire and fury. He is rainbows and butterflies and fire and fury and more, befitting the beauty and disaster of life as the Hebrew Bible's authors experienced it:

John Updyke posted:

The ferocity of this tribal God measures the ferocity of tribal existence. In Exodus 3:14, when Moses asks God his name, the answer in Hebrew, ’Ehyeh-’Asher-’Ehyeh, has been commonly rendered i am that i am but could be, Alter reports, simply i am, i am. An impression grew upon me, as I made my way through these obdurate old texts, that to the ancient Hebrews God was simply a word for what was: a universe often beautiful and gracious but also implacable and unfathomable.

Civilized Fishbot fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Feb 6, 2021

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
TIME Claims a Secret Cabal Manipulated the 2020 Election to Stop Trump, and People Have Questions

quote:

To: a fool in paradise
Corporate globalists have been anti-AMERICA for quite some time.

Who do you think conspired/consented to the global shutdown?

It’s been very good business for Big Tech. More streaming. More online shopping. More hardware (to work/school/entertain from home).

Bill Gates was barely done with his Event 201 wargame presentation when they found an opportunity to put it into play.

PEOPLE ARE NOT DROPPING DEAD IN THE STREETS FROM COVID OR BEING STACKED LIKE PLANKS OF WOOD. But that was the scene we were shown last February.

9 posted on 2/5/2021, 7:27:37 AM by a fool in paradise (Call on Joe Biden to follow Donald Trump's example and donate his annual salary to charity. )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]
:bahgawd: I haven't seen anyone die of the CHINA VIRUS so it must not exist!!!

But what about the Jews? :thunk:

quote:

To: Red Badger
Significantly, the story omits all mentions of Soros using his dollars to elect hyper-partisan activists to such positions as prosecutors, attorneys general and secretaries of state when such officeholders could manipulate election procedures and control the vote counting.

Zuckerberg’s charitable donations to election boards and commissions came with strings attached and ought to have been called out as election interference. Ballot security measures and signature verification rules were largely tossed. If illegally cast ballots were rejected monosyllablic Joe would be mumbling to himself in his basement.

14 posted on 2/5/2021, 7:34:52 AM by PBRCat
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

What if these dumb things I fantasize about become reality?

quote:

What happens when the media, finally except the Trump won the election? Will they ask Biden to resign and let trump be sworn in? I think this is going to be the big upcoming challenge as people come to except that the election was corrupt, and that we actually have a truly illegitimate president. In my opinion, this is only gonna be a matter of time, not a matter of if.

33 posted on 2/5/2021, 8:00:33 AM by Reno89519 (Buy American, Hire American! End All Worker Visa Programs. Replace Visa Workers w/ American Worker)

quote:

To: Reno89519
And Gateway Pundit just released video from the TCF Center. Van dropping off LOTS of boxes of ballots at around 3:30am...and again at around 4:30am. But, you know, like State Farm Arena, nothing to see here. All boxes were supposed to arrive by 8pm but what is a law when a good STEAL is in progress.

40 posted on 2/5/2021, 8:11:04 AM by Eagle of Liberty
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 33 | View Replies]

quote:

What is astounding about this article is that they come right out and admit they stole the election. They are bragging about it.

History has a way of catching up to such people. Don’t know if it’s today, don’t know if it’s tomorrow. But there is a reckoning with all of them.

35 posted on 2/5/2021, 8:04:08 AM by LS ("Castles made of sand, fall in the sea . . . eventually" (Hendrix) )

quote:

To: LS
But by the way they wrote the article, they wanted to leave the impression that they were heroically conspiring to prevent DJT from stealing the election, as if he could.

37 posted on 2/5/2021, 8:08:56 AM by rightwingintelligentsia (Democrats: The perfect party for the helpless and stupid, and those who would rule over them.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 35 | View Replies]

quote:

To: rightwingintelligentsia
They all SAVED AMERICA from a second term of a racist, fascist dictator (Trump) by installing a Totalitarian Regime. We are now ruled by The President Inc.

43 posted on 02/05/2021 8:14:15 AM PST by Eagle of Liberty
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 37 | View Replies ]
:fuckoff: right wingers that participated in the insurrection wanted to install Trump as a dictator and overturn the election

quote:

Darren Beattie on Bannon’s War Room show, speaking to a color revolution thesis.

Revolver News has an in depth article dovetailing with Time article.

Also National Pulse has supporting information.

Lee Smith is bringing up the rear and tying it all together with with his commentary on his latest novel Thirty Tyrants. Elites representing Sparta ruled Athens. Same thing happening now- post election. 40 Executive Orders and counting.

Tablet Magazine mentioned too.

Bannon’s shows are delivering some of the best red pill speakers for these troubling times.

46 posted on 2/5/2021, 8:16:19 AM by freepersup (“Those who conceal crimes are preparing to commit new ones.” ~Vuk Draskovic~)

quote:

To: a fool in paradise
“...the result of an informal alliance between left-wing activists and business titans.”
Aka, “The Resurrection of The Third Reich” here in the USA. Unbelievable!

118 posted on 2/5/2021, 7:04:53 PM by Chgogal (Hey Biden, I am a loyal supporter of the Biden's Banana Republic!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

quote:

Not news to me. Of course it was orchestrated. I wonder how much longer til Time figures out Trump and military intelligence were expecting it and set up a sting operation which is currently about to conclude.

50 posted on 2/5/2021, 8:27:44 AM by Georgia Girl 2 (The only purpose of a pistol is to fight your way back to the rifle you should never have dropped)

quote:

To: Georgia Girl 2
Never in my life did I want to drink from the Rubicon until now.

129 posted on 2/6/2021, 9:20:11 AM by Twitmo (@Tail_Whipper in Gab and the Twit swamp.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 50 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Twitmo
Just keep your mind open so you don’t have heart failure when this all rolls out.

130 posted on 2/6/2021, 9:31:46 AM by Georgia Girl 2 (The only purpose of a pistol is to fight your way back to the rifle you should never have dropped)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 129 | View Replies]
Any day now! :shepface:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The resurrection of the third reich is bad? What points do freep and Hitler disagree on?

Civilized Fishbot posted:

This is stupid, the bedrock texts of the Jewish literary tradition are not the "manifesto of a complete genocidal psychopath." I don't think anyone here would approve of this outrageous slander if it were applied to a book of Native American mythology, ancient Pagan myths, or even the Quran - then they'd recognize it as lazy, hateful reductionism of the kind you might read on Free Republic.

Yeah exactly. "God is evil in the Old Testament and nice in the New Testament" is a Christian gnostic/supersessionist idea that doesn't survive actual engagement with the nuances of either text. It's lazy, edgy, and only makes sense if you assume that Jews were stupid savages for thousands of years, worshipping a god of pure bloodthirsty like a tribal caricature out of Indiana Jones. To really believe it you have to be either antisemitic (Jews are savages) or delusional about the past (people who lived in the Bronze and Iron Ages were savages).

God is not an angel of rainbows and butterflies in the Hebrew Bible (nor in the Christian Bible). Nor is God a demon of fire and fury. He is rainbows and butterflies and fire and fury and more, befitting the beauty and disaster of life as the Hebrew Bible's authors experienced it:

good post. It kinda annoys me how people treat the "old testament" aka the entire jewish bible, there isn't a new one, as "the bad god book" and goyishly take the new testament as "the nice good book." I'm not religious but still

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Feb 6, 2021

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

quote:

Corporate globalists have been anti-AMERICA for quite some time.

I love it when Freep catches a glimpse of why basing an economic system on "Profit is king gently caress everything else" is bad, and then come to the conclusion that "It must be because they're leftists."

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

lol, Time Magazine publishes an article about the ALF-CIO and Chamber of Commerce worked together to make sure the elections would run smoothly during a pandemic and their results would withstand any amount of scrutiny, explicitly without preference for which candidate would win (a fact that gets mentioned about 15 times in the article) and of course every Right Wing gently caress including Fox News itself is publishing TIME MAGAZINE REVEALS CONSPIRACY TO DEFEAT TRUMP! content the very next day.

Elea
Oct 10, 2012
Was wondering what the real article was about.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

Sanguinia posted:

lol, Time Magazine publishes an article about the ALF-CIO and Chamber of Commerce worked together to make sure the elections would run smoothly during a pandemic and their results would withstand any amount of scrutiny, explicitly without preference for which candidate would win (a fact that gets mentioned about 15 times in the article) and of course every Right Wing gently caress including Fox News itself is publishing TIME MAGAZINE REVEALS CONSPIRACY TO DEFEAT TRUMP! content the very next day.

To be quite fair: The headline is utter garbage.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Dapper_Swindler posted:

youre pretty much excactly describing the right wing book world

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Ambitious Spider posted:

i mean the old testament is a bunch of rewritten Jewish texts(i know the first few make up the torah and etc, but i dont know dick about Judaism or its texts, sorry :( ) and the bible is different depending on your denomination and etc. most of the old testaments are just histories(the way history was told back then) and proverbs and sayings and predictions and poo poo. than the new testment is 4 seperate jesus narratives plus paul jerking off and humble bragging and than revelations was stuck on at the end by the councils because they wanted a giant bang ending and some dudes acid trip about a roman emperor was just the thing.

Sir Tonk posted:

youre pretty much excactly describing the right wing book world

probably, i dont read them. gently caress i dont read many "current event" politics books outside rick perlstein's tomes of depression.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Civilized Fishbot posted:

good post. yeah. its also helps when you realize alot of the stories are meant to be histories and this was obviously before Von ranke ideals of writing history so its mostly just telling a good story, so of course God shows up and does massive cool poo poo and we gently caress everyone up etc. your not supposed to take all the books as full truth. even when they were written. its the lessons that matter and etc. least thats what i was taught from various books and poo poo. then again i have only read the old testament stuff which takes different angles from the actual jewish writing i believe. idk

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Feb 7, 2021

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Sanguinia posted:

Ah, I'd heard right wing media crying about how all these "leftist" groups got together a year before the election to totally rig it so that Trump couldn't win, I was wondering what the hell they were talking about. This explains a lot.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i mean the old testament is a bunch of rewritten Jewish texts(i know the first few make up the torah and etc, but i dont know dick about Judaism or its texts, sorry :( ) and the bible is different depending on your denomination and etc.

I don't know what you mean by rewritten. There may be translation differences (the Bible has a shitload of translations, I have no idea what the scope of Jewish text translations are), and I think some books are rearranged in the Jewish texts compared to the Old Testament, and of course there's some Catholic and Orthodox books that aren't in either of the others, but the churches didn't rewrite any Jewish texts. They just interpret them very differently.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

E-Tank posted:

To be quite fair: The headline is utter garbage.

https://time.com/5936036/secret-2020-election-campaign

Title of Time article: The Secret History of the Shadow Campaign That Saved the 2020 Election

Article also refers to cooperation between big business and others to prevent Trump's schemes to flip the election as a 'conspiracy'. The language and headline of the article are total catnip for right wing nut jobs.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Dapper_Swindler posted:

probably, i dont read them. gently caress i dont read many "current event" politics books outside rick perlstein's tomes of depression.

id argue that they arent meant to be read and are just methods for generating more campaign revenue and adding examples for editorial writers to cite

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Twelve by Pies posted:

Ah, I'd heard right wing media crying about how all these "leftist" groups got together a year before the election to totally rig it so that Trump couldn't win, I was wondering what the hell they were talking about. This explains a lot.

I don't know what you mean by rewritten. There may be translation differences (the Bible has a shitload of translations, I have no idea what the scope of Jewish text translations are), and I think some books are rearranged in the Jewish texts compared to the Old Testament, and of course there's some Catholic and Orthodox books that aren't in either of the others, but the churches didn't rewrite any Jewish texts. They just interpret them very differently.
Yeah if you were to go to a bookstore and grab a random English bible and random English tanakh the text is more or less the same, outside of translation differences. The differences are really petty stuff, like one has honour your father” and “honour your mother” as separate commandments and “do not bear false witness against your neighbour or covet their possessions” as a single commandment and vice versa. Also christians tend to say “thou shalt not kill” while Jews say “thou shalt not murder”, kind of an important distinction

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Yeah if you were to go to a bookstore and grab a random English bible and random English tanakh the text is more or less the same, outside of translation differences. The differences are really petty stuff, like one has honour your father” and “honour your mother” as separate commandments and “do not bear false witness against your neighbour or covet their possessions” as a single commandment and vice versa. Also christians tend to say “thou shalt not kill” while Jews say “thou shalt not murder”, kind of an important distinction

yeah sorry. was dumb of me. i guess i mean different interpratations and different books are in different places or added/subtracted but thats bibles all over in general.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Which is sort of funny because Christians are all about killing generally.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Is there a "Watch freepers get mad about the Super Bowl" thread this year?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

DarklyDreaming posted:

How mad can they be when the refs are handing their Chud Superman the game on a platter?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

DarklyDreaming posted:

I'm not watching the game cause I don't really care, but I know they're getting angry about an inter-racial couple in an ad or something as I type this.

(Remember when they had that multi-lingual soda ad and they lost their poo poo?)

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Xiahou Dun posted:

I'm not watching the game cause I don't really care, but I know they're getting angry about an inter-racial couple in an ad or something as I type this.

(Remember when they had that multi-lingual soda ad and they lost their poo poo?)

Yeah I'm not watching either but I can feel it in my bones, they're angry about something

Because they're always angry about something

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I thought freep cancelled the NFL back when Kaepernick took a kneebetrayed the country to Stalin

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
2021 Super Bowl Kicks Off With ‘Black National Anthem’

Your daily reminder that liberals are the real racists.

quote:

To: SeekAndFind

Not just that. Commercials are too black-centric. tell me I’m wrong. Now it’s half time. Canned applause.

4 posted on 02/07/2021 5:31:28 PM PST by DIRTYSECRET

quote:

12% of the population.

6 posted on 02/07/2021 5:32:01 PM PST by EEGator

quote:

To: EEGator

you’d never know it....at times feels like Whites are 12%....

14 posted on 02/07/2021 5:34:15 PM PST by basalt
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

:dadjoke:

quote:

Souper or bowl? Does not soup normally come in a bowl?

7 posted on 02/07/2021 5:32:47 PM PST by Fai Mao (Biden is a pedophile, Kamala is a #%¥π.)

They're also mad about the halftime show! :)

quote:

Another black hip hop artist at halftime. Other than Timberlake last year or before it’s been hip hop every year.

9 posted on 02/07/2021 5:32:59 PM PST by setter

quote:

To: DIRTYSECRET

Don’t forget the blond ref they have to make a big thing about. If they really wanted to take a stand they’d hire a butch.

10 posted on 02/07/2021 5:33:40 PM PST by DIRTYSECRET
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

They were also very confused by the guys wearing masks.

quote:

To: DIRTYSECRET

i kept thinking they were wearing jock straps on their heads during part of that half time show

11 posted on 02/07/2021 5:33:40 PM PST by RummyChick (To President Trump: https://freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/3923111/posts)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

quote:

They also just announced they are donating $250 million to BLM to fight systemic racism, at least that’s what my dad told me, I refuse to watch it

13 posted on 02/07/2021 5:34:13 PM PST by GrandJediMasterYoda (As long as Hillary Clinton remains free equal justice under the law will never exist in the USA)

These folks with their hippen and their hoppen! :bahgawd:

quote:

Flipped over and saw the half time “show”.
Some goofball who goes by “The Weekend”! I kid you not, that is his name.
Lame describes it pretty well. Like watching Soul Train in the 70’s.
Old man is winning the game so there is that..

18 posted on 02/07/2021 5:35:02 PM PST by 9422WMR (Lie, cheat, steal. It’s how the democRATS operate. )

quote:

Some guy named the weak end is doing karaoke for half time show

20 posted on 02/07/2021 5:35:25 PM PST by GrandJediMasterYoda (As long as Hillary Clinton remains free equal justice under the law will never exist in the USA)

quote:

It’s actually a lot less gay (so far) than I anticipated. Bill Belichick and Cam Newton are watching from home. LOL. This halftime show ... who is this guy? This is awful. Granted, it’s at least average as these things go. Maroon 5 makes me ill, but at least they delivered a live performance. Autotune needs to be eradicated, ASAP.

39 posted on 02/07/2021 5:38:52 PM PST by cdcdawg (My greatest fear is that our society will get what it deserves.)

quote:

I was going to watch the 2nd half, but I guess it is only for black nationalists. Will pass.

52 posted on 02/07/2021 5:43:11 PM PST by The_Media_never_lie (I do not regret my decision to cut all ties with Fox News. )

quote:

I have a relative who is “ liberal” with TDS. He prefers “ moderate” politics. He likes everything on a even keel- & no one making political waves in politics. Its impossible to engage with him so I just keep my mouth shut.

If he is watching 2 nite he got a BIG SURPRISE and he doesnt like surprises like this- it upsets his applecart of rigid ideas and fixations, so I’ m quietly laughing .

As far as my opinion goes on the Superbowl opening ? someone needs to nip this in the bud like YESTERDAY.

Why not any other “ anthem” from any ethnic groups here in the US ? Blacks do not own football any more than Eskimoes and Asiams.

Suppose O Danny Boy or Mother Macree was sung to please the Irish?? ( btw I hate those songs)

55 posted on 02/07/2021 5:44:41 PM PST by thesligoduffyflynns (yup)

quote:

To: EEGator

Actually 13%, but watching commercial advertising you would swear it’s at least 50% and interracial marriages were the rule rather than the rare exception.

59 posted on 02/07/2021 5:46:47 PM PST by traderrob6
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I thought freep cancelled the NFL back when Kaepernick took a kneebetrayed the country to Stalin

They hated the NFL well before that for saying vaguely progressive things, or having too many black players, or something.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Jagged Jim posted:

2021 Super Bowl Kicks Off With ‘Black National Anthem’

Your daily reminder that liberals are the real racists.

:dadjoke:

They're also mad about the halftime show! :)

They were also very confused by the guys wearing masks.

These folks with their hippen and their hoppen! :bahgawd:

they sound like my step grandma who i rarely see because she got visibly angry and upset because black dude was in commercial coming outside to see a blimp or some poo poo.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Neo_Crimson posted:

They hated the NFL well before that for saying vaguely progressive things, or having too many black players, or something.

Yeah they hate the sport of football at every level and especially the league as an entity, but they can't imagine being Men Who Don't Like Football, because in their minds if you aren't watching a game every sunday you can't call yourself a man

Centurium
Aug 17, 2009

Finnankainen posted:

quote:

To: zaxtres
Religion exists to establish a higher authority than man. Music in church, along with the rituals exist to create atmosphere in portraying the majesty and mystery of God.

Guitar music and other such changes - especially the Catholic Church’s replacement of Latin - serve to lower God to humanness. God needs to be an unreachable authority that calls for respect and fear such that man adheres to his will against our own human desires.

Guitars and such just make a religious service more like a concert or conference lecture. No wonder people don’t attend anymore; there’s nothing mysterious or worthy of respect anymore: Just homosexuals telling us how we should live.

36 posted on 2/5/2021, 10:21:52 AM by MikeyB806
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 26 | View Replies]

Just wanna point out this is the sort of heresy that gets you thrown out of the Christian club. Lots of diversity of views on a lot of points, but the whole Christ was made man thing is so central to all of them that it's on the list of requirements.

It also fundamentally misunderstands worship as being some sort of inherent link to God (if you say the right words and sing the right notes) rather than a link to God through participating in the church.

If you were given to a CS Lewis understanding of the world, you might think that said misunderstanding facilitates denying Christ and supplanting him with an idol (like, say, Fred Phelps) in the service of damning entire communities.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

quote:

Another black hip hop artist at halftime. Other than Timberlake last year or before it’s been hip hop every year.

9 posted on 02/07/2021 5:32:59 PM PST by setter

look at this scrub who doesn't remember ELVIS PRESTO presents BE-BOP-BAMBOOZLED 3D

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Sanguinia posted:

How mad can they be when the refs are handing their Chud Superman the game on a platter?

I'm sorry but this is wrong. If there's any unity to be found in this country its the mutual hatred of tom brady

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

RagnarokAngel posted:

I'm sorry but this is wrong. If there's any unity to be found in this country its the mutual hatred of tom brady

For a brief shining moment Trump said some nice things about Tom Brady and I think they did a photo opp, which led to chuds deciding they liked Tom Brady, but I think that passed a year later

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

He had a MAGA hat in his locker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Yeah he was well known as a trump supporter. Hatred of him transcends politics.