Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Orange Devil posted:

Literally got shot in the neck while fighting fascists.

if only the shooter was a bit more careful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Hi, WorkingClassLover69 here, wouldn't it be funny if the fascists had killed more republicans, haha

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

if orwell were around he'd be a listicle writer. top ten threats against the white race

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

steinrokkan posted:

Hi, WorkingClassLover69 here, wouldn't it be funny if the fascists had killed more republicans, haha

why yes that was a serious comment
you loving moron

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Doctor Jeep posted:

why yes that was a serious comment
you loving moron

So I was just joking with my buds about falangist snipers no-scope head-shotting international volunteers, as one does, and

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

steinrokkan posted:

So I was just joking with my buds about falangist snipers no-scope head-shotting international volunteers, as one does, and

so I was just defending an MI5 snitch leftistly, as one does, and

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Dumb slapfighting by americans, a group of people characterized by the inability to produce valid political opinions. I bet you pay taxes to a fascist imperialist police state, directly funding mass murder on a worldwide scale

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

neither I nor steinrokkan are american, but thank you for playing

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
so what’s your excuse for those opinions then

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

literacy

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Orange Devil posted:

Literally got shot in the neck while fighting fascists.

so did a lot of liberals

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Harvard Law professor explains that the situation of the Korean "comfort women" was simply a voluntary employer-employee contract

https://twitter.com/JeannieSGersen/status/1358267692256493568

quote:

SEOUL, South Korea — A paper by Harvard Law School Japanese legal studies professor J. Mark Ramseyer that claims sex slaves taken by the Imperial Japanese Army during World War II were actually recruited, contracted sex workers generated international controversy, academic criticism, and student petitions at Harvard this week.

The paper, “Contracting for Sex in the Pacific War,” made headlines across South Korean media and was met with widespread public anger. Ramseyer’s work is set to be published in the March issue of the International Review of Law and Economics. Korean outlets picked up the news after Ramseyer’s paper was featured in a Jan. 28 press release in Sankei Shimbun, a Japanese newspaper.
Responding to the evidence that Hosaka, Seo, and other scholars have cited in their research, Ramseyer said the notion that there are documents confirming Japanese government involvement is “just wrong.”

“I don’t see anything that indicates that the Japanese government dragooned people into doing it,” he said.

Asked why he did not cite any Korean sources in the paper, Ramseyer said he is “very upfront” about the fact that he does not read Korean.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
enforce a contract between his head and a curb

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Yes, it's a hot take and yes, upon further review it might turn out to contain some "factual errors" but this line right here is maybe one of the funniest things I've ever read:

quote:

Asked why he did not cite any Korean sources in the paper, Ramseyer said he is “very upfront” about the fact that he does not read Korean.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Some real Chicago school brain here

quote:

Ramseyer said an early version of his paper included “disputes with historians,” but those sections were cut from the final version at the request of the journal in order to focus the article on the contracts.

If the historical facts disagree with the economic theory, the history must be wrong

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Note, by the way, that Ramseyer is fluent in Japanese.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
lmao this thread

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Arsenic Lupin posted:

lmao

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Arsenic Lupin posted:

He has accepted awards from the Japanese government for past articles lol.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

A bunch of computer touchers and landlords on a doomer internet forum boasting about the depth and nuance of their working class appreciation

im a loving retail worker and i spent yesterday moving concrete blocks by hand for 8 hours go gently caress yourself

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/mmpadellan/status/1359209776887037956?s=21

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Chelsea Handler went to a Jeffrey Epstein party AFTER he was released from jail the first time on sex charges. Googling this fact today brings up the justification she recently provided on the podcast of noted pedophile Rob Lowe:
https://www.google.com/search?q=chelsea+handler+epstein

apparently she found it "Weird", so i guess she's one of the good celebs after all.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
lotta good posts in here today

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

is this a real person or some gpt3 bot trained on #resistance posting

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

steinrokkan posted:

A bunch of computer touchers and landlords on a doomer internet forum boasting about the depth and nuance of their working class appreciation

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

https://twitter.com/tonydr0/status/1356933981187551233

The winter palace, Versailles, and the Forbidden city, all famously not tourist spots.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

these people are completely unhinged lmao

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Liam Kerr is a co-founder of The Welcome Party, a political nonprofit engaging independent voters and advocating for a big-tent Democratic Party, and Massachusetts state director of Democrats for Education Reform.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Taintrunner posted:

Liam Kerr is a co-founder of The Welcome Party, a political nonprofit engaging independent voters and advocating for a big-tent Democratic Party, and Massachusetts state director of Democrats for Education Reform.

good thing we've got Biden to give us some relief money, unlike those nasty Republicans!

wait a minute...

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
lmao

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Doctor Jeep posted:

a smug oval office, colonial cop, rapist racist antisemite, backstabber sellout to the loving INTELLIGENCE SERVICES, it's no wonder dsa-style libs love him

This one is new to me, would you care to provide details?

It's probably more correct to say 9-11 was better.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
9/11 had way higher production values, false flags these days just don't have the same love put into them smdh

Bot 02
Apr 2, 2010

Dude... Did my plushie just talk?
There must've been more than one 9/11-load of deaths that day due to covid, right?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Bot 02 posted:

There must've been more than one 9/11-load of deaths that day due to covid, right?

According to Worldometers, there were 4,103 American deaths due to COVID on January 6th, 2021

So about 1.378x of a 9/11

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Kitfox88 posted:

9/11 had way higher production values, false flags these days just don't have the same love put into them smdh

Can't even get a decent hologram nowaday

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Weka posted:

This one is new to me, would you care to provide details?

i remembered this:

https://twitter.com/RodericDay/status/1244361323745628162

though it's probably an embellishment, it sounds more like he tried seducing her and she wasn't up for it (but why the torn skirt and bruised hip then? dunno)
i may have been trolling just a little bit

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

his name wasn't even George Orwell!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Orwell well well