Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Flavius Aetass posted:

i'd recommend watching this one to see just how much rambling was done before he suddenly goes into the corn pop story, without any segue whatsoever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oihV9yrZRHg
jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
the only thing funnier than the corn pop story was it turning out to be true

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

paranoid randroid posted:

this is true

the only way it could become funnier is if we had a chinedu situation going

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
ANyone got the tweet where it was revealed the Biden team thought nominating Neera was gonna endear them to the elft?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

the only thing funnier than the corn pop story was it turning out to be true the entirety of the democratic party and media establishments having to line up behind Biden knowing that his brain was melting because he was the last chance to keep Bernie out of power

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
it's also funny watching him ramble on while the random african american kids who were placed around him as props get more and more antsy to go do literally anything else

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

fremdschamen kicked in I had to tap out. elected an absolutely melt-brained racist old corpse

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it wasn't even that biden was their only chance at stopping bernie. biden was in a distant 4th place! any of the assholes in the dem primary could have gotten similar results after the rest were made to drop out and the machine devoted all its resources to a single candidate. biden was obama's choice, likely because of obama's usual egomania.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

we never got to figure out if Cornpop was badder than Leroy Brown, the baddest man in the whole drat town

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Flavius Aetass posted:

i'd recommend watching this one to see just how much rambling was done before he suddenly goes into the corn pop story, without any segue whatsoever

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

zegermans posted:

we never got to figure out if Cornpop was badder than Leroy Brown, the baddest man in the whole drat town

Brown got his rear end whipped by someone whos wife he’d been messing around with, whereas Corn Pop made the racist Joe Biden get so mad that he decided to imprison an entire generation of you g black men

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

oh god that is 100% his o face

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
idk i find it hard to believe that corn pop, who was intimidated by a young joseph robinette biden, was badder than king kong

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Excelzior posted:

oh god that is 100% his o face

my o face
my makin a beau face

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
bidoon

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

C'mon.

We all know that Modi would never do anything bad when large groups of angry people are involved.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Flavius Aetass posted:

idk i find it hard to believe that corn pop, who was intimidated by a young joseph robinette biden, was badder than king kong

It wasn't airplanes. It was breakfast killed the beast.

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it wasn't even that biden was their only chance at stopping bernie. biden was in a distant 4th place! any of the assholes in the dem primary could have gotten similar results after the rest were made to drop out and the machine devoted all its resources to a single candidate. biden was obama's choice, likely because of obama's usual egomania.

it's this. Obama needed someone to salvage his legacy, so people can look at him and look at Joe and go "Hey, that's the guy Obama picked! And he fixed* all of the stuff Trump did! Huh, it all worked out." Joe being mentally enfeebled and much easier for Obama to sway was probably a calculation, in addition to Joe's associations with Obama that made him easier for conservative, neoliberal black machine politicians to get him over the finish line.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Lib and let die posted:

It wasn't airplanes. It was breakfast killed the beast.

maybe it's like a weapons triangle

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Flavius Aetass posted:

Leroy Brown was an incredibly sarcastic song about an idiot that went AWOL from the Army but came back a month later for his paycheck and then got arrested for desertion lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Flavius Aetass posted:

forgot how epic this was lol

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Redgrendel2001 posted:

C'mon.

We all know that Modi would never do anything bad when large groups of angry people are involved.

I hope this doesn't impact my weekly views of Grandpa Kitchen, or the Islamic knockoff from the same region that I watch anyway because who cares if you copy the idea if it's for a good cause

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

KaptainKrunk posted:

it's this. Obama needed someone to salvage his legacy, so people can look at him and look at Joe and go "Hey, that's the guy Obama picked! And he fixed* all of the stuff Trump did! Huh, it all worked out." Joe being mentally enfeebled and much easier for Obama to sway was probably a calculation, in addition to Joe's associations with Obama that made him easier for conservative, neoliberal black machine politicians to get him over the finish line.

It's also that their only other options at that point were Pete, Liz and Amy. Even without Obama's thumb on the scale it seems unlikely that the power brokers were willing to go all in on any of them for a variety of reasons. Biden really was the best they could do, which is really sad and pathetic

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Thump! posted:

Leroy Brown was an incredibly sarcastic song about an idiot that went AWOL from the Army but came back a month later for his paycheck and then got arrested for desertion lol

well with the way it ends, i kind of guessed the song wasn't pro-leroy

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

HashtagGirlboss posted:

It's also that their only other options at that point were Pete, Liz and Amy. Even without Obama's thumb on the scale it seems unlikely that the power brokers were willing to go all in on any of them for a variety of reasons. Biden really was the best they could do, which is really sad and pathetic

Yeah I never got the impression that "they" wanted Biden, which was why Obama didn't want him to run and there was little momentum behind him at the start. He was just at the intersection of acceptable and electable when they needed to blunt the Sanders' campaign's lead.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
It's fine to admit that Joe Biden is a Master politician

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Flavius Aetass posted:

that little kid in the bottom left corner is all of us

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
It's time to admit that Joe Biden is a Master politician

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

zegermans posted:

I hope this doesn't impact my weekly views of Grandpa Kitchen, or the Islamic knockoff from the same region that I watch anyway because who cares if you copy the idea if it's for a good cause

Soopa!

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Flavius Aetass posted:

Jesus gently caress that was painful to watch

Just the best brains, melty and fluid

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Get hosed Israel

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Spergin Morlock posted:

debating whether or not to prank call the PM of israel

that number is too generic to be anything but a switchboard

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Joe biden triggering Israel is cool at least

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Flavius Aetass posted:

pro click stunned at how it becomes more frayed and disjointed as it goes on

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Yeah I never got the impression that "they" wanted Biden, which was why Obama didn't want him to run and there was little momentum behind him at the start. He was just at the intersection of acceptable and electable when they needed to blunt the Sanders' campaign's lead.

yeah, they never coalesced around anyone until it was Biden or nobody, because all of the other Dems still in the race had bases of support that were heavily concentrated among white PMC-types & and they didn't have any big wins coming up that could be leveraged by a media blitz going into Super Tuesday

like, as influential as he was, imagine how Clyburn trying to sell everyone in SC on Pete (or Liz or Amy) would have gone

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

PathAsc posted:

Get hosed Israel

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

The fundamental conflict in the Biden administration is going to be between the mostly PMC white Obama and Clinton people on the one hand and the black political establishment which thought crowning Joe would give them way more leverage. If that video where Biden was yelling at black political leaders is going to be any indication of the battle moving forward, Biden is in serious loving trouble come 2022 and especially 2024.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Biden was just the only vector left for them to get the already agreed upon Kamala.