Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Who bought me this avatar lol

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

Hey everyone, just giving a personal update. My intuition was right , the imp zone fuckin rocks. After finishing the controllers thread I’ve started reading gaming dreams, oh yeah that happened, and awesome interactions of game and I think all these threads have made me cry laughing at least once each. Love that I have literally thousands more of these posts to read and quietly weep with laughter while my wife and kids are sleeping. All you imps postin on the regular are funny as gently caress and my earnest posts aren’t witty but im glad to be able to read a forum of people giving each other poo poo in a way that’s just good natured and fun

Anway that’s not really related to Nintendo at all, so here’s a little personal anecdote. The first forum I ever posted on was a place called nintendorks. I started reading the front page and eventually forums there in the early 00s, when I was around 11 years old. My first ever username was GamecubeFanMan, which 11 year old me thought would immediately ingratiate me to the much cooler, more sarcastic, star posters of nintendorks, who were probably all in their late 20s at the time which is like an almost mythically cool age difference to a pre-teen

After a few months of having my lovely posts ignored, I posted my first ever thread, which was a completely fabricated story about leaving a cumstain on the wall next to my computer and asking for advice as to how to get the stain out before my parents got home from work that day. The same 11 year old brain that thought my username would make me instantly cool, also thought that this thread would be an overnight sensation, nintendorks getting its very own Tucker max bad boy celebrity. there was some real “and then everyone started clapping” poo poo happening in my thought process... but I was so relentlessly mocked for the thread that I immediately deleted my account and re-regged under a different name and I don’t think I’ve ever actually told this to any other soul until now lmao

I posted there a lot through my teens in a much more mundane way, and quickly realized that most of the funniest people there made lots of references to SA. I started lurking SA a bit and eventually an IRL friend of mine who also posted on Nintendorks actually bought my SA account for me as a Christmas present in 2004. But I was terrified of posting for the first few years I had the account, and by the time I got comfortable posting here I’d kind of phased out of gaming and mostly posted in TCC lol

I still occasionally see a couple posters that I recognize from nintendorks, mostly in SAS posting about hockey, and every time I have to fight the urge to quote them and say some dumb nostalgic poo poo

Any ndorks up in this thread? :q:

Lmao at the cumstain thread.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

also I would recommend "screenshot" next

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lot of drat good avs in the zone today

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Who bought me this avatar lol

its good

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I love it

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Fungah! posted:

lot of drat good avs in the zone today
:hai:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
my first screen name was “gcubedude”

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

scary ghost dog posted:

:hfive:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

the gamecube is not a dude

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The Gamecube is not a dude, no matter what firmware you're on!

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Panasonic Q is legally a dude

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Milkman posted:

3d world is a top tier mario just my opinion
It's super fun and I hope they do another in that fixed-camera style.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

https://twitter.com/coolboxart/status/778166481846726657?s=21

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Pretty sure I watched Mike Matei play that for 7 hours straight, lol.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

My av is dancing to The Vaselines - Son of a Gun. Lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Pablo Nergigante posted:

My av is dancing to The Vaselines - Son of a Gun. Lol

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FloweryWiltedChital-mobile.mp4

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Fungah! posted:

the gamecube is not a dude

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

my first screen name was Freedan (from Illusion of Gaia) and some numbers but everyone kept asking me who Dan was.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Stardew Valley 1.5 is out for switch, time to start a new beach farm

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Me bro. I’ll PM you when I get home.

wait are you fucken with me??? I just got to page 84 of awesome interactions of game and saw you post that you’re from Maine??? Me too man??!! Wtf

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the wormskull lore is about to somehow get even more epic

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

wait are you fucken with me??? I just got to page 84 of awesome interactions of game and saw you post that you’re from Maine??? Me too man??!! Wtf

Yeah but I live in Florida now. You have a lot of lore to catch up on.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I’m from The Dirty Lew.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Stardew Valley 1.5 is out for switch, time to start a new beach farm

Hell yeah

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Yeah but I live in Florida now. You have a lot of lore to catch up on.

“yeah” meaning you are fuckingg with me about being a nintendork, or just yeah that you’re from ME? Lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

“yeah” meaning you are fuckingg with me about being a nintendork, or just yeah that you’re from ME? Lol

Your avatar is a big nutsack with a pimple on the seam — a Dantean punishment surely.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

welp time to delete my account

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i cant wait for another image leached wormskull post to inevitably break and cause confusion for a bunch of people reading this thread later

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
RIP the madden thread

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

What's your favorite snes/super famicom game

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

NienNunb posted:

Illusion of Gaia

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

NienNunb posted:

gently caress that's a hard one. mario rpg? maybe. kirby superstar?? i have the most nostalgia for that i think. idk drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Yoshi’s Island or Sim City or Ys III: Wanderers from Ys, OP.