Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

i havent been this hyped about an anime since gundam unicorn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

Godamn work rostered me on during Bloom. Just got home as it was ending.

Oh well, here's a Suisei singing stream in a half hour to tide me over until the concert VOD becomes available

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9kKmZiJ0w4

E: Oh huh VOD is up. Well now I have a difficult choice

Kata-Haro fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Feb 17, 2021

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Kiara did some digging to find out what exactly Hololive Alternative is, and from what she was able to glean, it's a multimedia project made up of manga and animated MVs from a variety of creators (there's a place to sign up on the website), with the focus of building an alternate world or something like that. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it's a full anime.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

The official website has a tab at the top to switch to English
https://alt.hololive.tv/en/

Should mean the manga will get official translations as well; which Cover have been really good at doing with stuff like HoloGraf.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
That would make sense tying into Cover's previous announcement about wanting to create some sort of VR environment in the future. I was kinda skeptical about Cover pushing so much for developing VR, but if they base it off of a unique setting formed from several multimedia projects, I could see Hololive VR chat/concerts having more legs to stand on.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
Are we just not going to mention Noel spinning Full-Dragon Coco like Mario spins Bowser? Because that's 3 seconds of footage is definitely my highlight.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Oh that's Mizuryuu Kei art in the comic thumbnail lol

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Are we just not going to mention Noel spinning Full-Dragon Coco like Mario spins Bowser? Because that's 3 seconds of footage is definitely my highlight.

I swear, I am going to scream at someone, because this is the Nth time I've seen this. Coco's more or less official color is pinkish purple, not black and red.

The dragon in that video, however, has a design that's rather evocative of her, so I presume it's a low level goon from her kin, and we'll see the real one later.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Lily Catts posted:

Oh that's Mizuryuu Kei art in the comic thumbnail lol

The official Senchou manga illustrator

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

trucutru posted:

The official Senchou manga illustrator

She wouldn't want it any other way

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Trihugger posted:

That would make sense tying into Cover's previous announcement about wanting to create some sort of VR environment in the future. I was kinda skeptical about Cover pushing so much for developing VR, but if they base it off of a unique setting formed from several multimedia projects, I could see Hololive VR chat/concerts having more legs to stand on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JO4tpmmU2c

Kaguya Luna has done two VR concerts that you could watch via PlayStation VR, so there's already precedent for this. Since Cover Corp was supposed to be a VR tech company in the first place before they stumbled into what it is they're doing now, I'm sure they can figure it out.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I eagerly await to see what they do with Akali Haato/HAACHAMA in Hololive Alternative. She’s laid the groundwork for you Cover.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
Yagoo dropping hints the boys might get their chance sooner rather than later.
https://twitter.com/tanigox/status/1362024335121113089

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

Holostars are long overdue for their 3D models. It's a bloody travesty that only Rikka has one.

While I'm wishlisting, might as well throw ID1 and EN onto the needs 3D models pile. But, I understand that's a lot lower on the priority scale seeing as how they can't really get most of the talents into their studio.

Kata-Haro fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Feb 17, 2021

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And if alternative is sort sort of virtual world setting it drat better include Pekoland (which looks suspiciously like a farm) and the United States of Motherfucking Dragon America

PerOlus
Jan 26, 2003

We'r even, señor!
For VR, both Nijisanji & Hololive have been doing events in Vark, and Tokino Sora was doing events in cluster.mu back in the days.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Yeah if you look up Vark's reviews in the Oculus store, there's a lot of people who were angry about issues with the VOD for Beyond the Stage.

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD
https://twitter.com/hololiveALT/status/1362015589917548544
https://twitter.com/watsonameliaEN/status/1362018628292382720

finally some good twitter trends

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

PerOlus posted:

For VR, both Nijisanji & Hololive have been doing events in Vark, and Tokino Sora was doing events in cluster.mu back in the days.

For sure, but that's why I was skeptical. I thought they might be pouring a lot of resources into reinventing the wheel. But developing VR settings with the Hololive Alternative angle gives it a clearer distinction from what's already available for VR.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Trihugger posted:

I thought they might be pouring a lot of resources into reinventing the wheel.

are you familiar with the tech industry

give them enough time and Cover will try and reinvent the podcast

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Takoluka posted:

are you familiar with the tech industry

give them enough time and Cover will try and reinvent the podcast

Kiara already did that?

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Ollie has now joined the Moona/Kureha apex collab.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0Q3ybJ6riQ

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

So Alternative is basically an extended media universe? I’m down for that.

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD
if we're getting into extended universes which agency is the vtuber equivalent of DC, it can't be hololive or nijisanji because they're both good

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Wudz posted:

if we're getting into extended universes which agency is the vtuber equivalent of DC, it can't be hololive or nijisanji because they're both good

The cartoons are good, and vtubers are anime

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD
i activate my trap card

trick question, they're all good :cool:

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

I have not laughed that loud in a long time. Amelia is so perfect.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Astel Leda is doing an unarchived karaoke stream right now, and it's incredible as usual.

Iofi showed up in chat and started alternately translating and fangirling.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

People are using the wrong AOL logo

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010

Nipponophile posted:

Astel Leda is doing an unarchived karaoke stream right now, and it's incredible as usual.

Iofi showed up in chat and started alternately translating and fangirling.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Brunom1 posted:

I swear, I am going to scream at someone, because this is the Nth time I've seen this. Coco's more or less official color is pinkish purple, not black and red.

The dragon in that video, however, has a design that's rather evocative of her, so I presume it's a low level goon from her kin, and we'll see the real one later.

I think youre the fake hedgehog around here

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Kild posted:

Kiara already did that?

She reinvented Jay Leno.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Namtab posted:

I think youre the fa
I'LL MAKE YOU EAT THOSE WORDS

Namtab posted:

ke hedgehog around here

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
Psssh, nothing personnel, kid.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
The crossover nobody expected:
https://twitter.com/soulless009/status/1362007689761419274

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Personally I am waiting for Fubuki vs SonicFox

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Takoluka posted:

She reinvented Jay Leno.

The original podcaster.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
Hololive Alt feels like a cool opportunity for the company, the talents and more importantly the talented artists orbiting vtubers. There's shitloads of people making cool art, animations, music and fangames just because they're fans and like doing it, where all they're getting out of it is possibly occasionally getting commissioned for art or music or layouts, with the talents paying out of pocket for it. So maybe this could mean more actual paid gigs for the artists in the sphere, and cool 'canon' content for the fans.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

junan_paalla posted:

Hololive Alt feels like a cool opportunity for the company, the talents and more importantly the talented artists orbiting vtubers. There's shitloads of people making cool art, animations, music and fangames just because they're fans and like doing it, where all they're getting out of it is possibly occasionally getting commissioned for art or music or layouts, with the talents paying out of pocket for it. So maybe this could mean more actual paid gigs for the artists in the sphere, and cool 'canon' content for the fans.

It's also basically growing the IP, all of us bitch about cover not doing enough around merch, but this seems like its the platform for them to build all of that from. (Anime/games, and the associated stuff that comes with it).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
As much as we all (rightly) poo poo on Cover for not being good at managing their talents, one thing they have been extremely effective at is building their brand, so this may be playing more to their strengths.