Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Technowolf posted:

Eyes of Heaven has it as 『Soft & Wet』, so maybe the ampersand makes a difference?

Next it'll be 『Soft 'n Wet』

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Doughy & Soggy

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
『Bubble Man』

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

FirstAidKite posted:

『Bubble Man』

Take me by the hand, lead me to the land~

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

well? are you an『Ocean Man』 or an 『Earth Man』?

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

『Mushy and Moist』

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
『Gelatinous & Aqueous』

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
『Yanny & Laurel』

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

[Slip 'n' Slide]

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
[Easy & Soaking]

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

[Scrub & Dub]

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://i.imgur.com/ii1bWeP.mp4

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Waiting for Josuke's spinning soap bubble strings to be strands of Jolyne's soapy Stone Free string borrowed across reality

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Shhh...[Surf & Turf]...shhh

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

are you a man of the soft or a man of the wet

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ive been checked out of this part since july are we still in the hospital

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Yes but also no

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
have you ever been in a hospital? they're big and labrythinian, they're hard to get out of.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/MyDogHatesPolls/status/1356003352346308611#m

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The reference for the Giorno one is even more nonsensical than what Araki drew.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I've done it, I've read all of JoJo, it took like three weeks. SBR is the strongest, Jolyne is the coolest, and Part 5 is my personal fav. What cool videos or funny jokes should I watch/read now.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The most important Jojo video from the Before Times:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEzDZMt8ydw

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Terper posted:

I've done it, I've read all of JoJo, it took like three weeks. SBR is the strongest, Jolyne is the coolest, and Part 5 is my personal fav. What cool videos or funny jokes should I watch/read now.
Go to youtube. Type in your [favorite stand's name] + "Leitmotif". Enjoy some generally good music videos with the manga panels synced to them.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm the kind of loser who gets annoyed by the fact that those videos are not what a leitmotif is, or even close to it.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Goddamnit Araki
Goddamn

New jojolion.

jesus christ the tension on these pages. Josuke is now equipped with explosion spin. guessing since Kira's stand doesnt "exist" anymore thanks to the equivalent exchange they arent subject to calamity.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://mangadex.org/chapter/1213661/1

:sickos:

Is that the bubble Josuke fired coming out of the phone?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

This series is on hiatus next issue.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Patware posted:

Uggghh...

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Patware posted:

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

*pounding table* ten more years! ten more years!

e: I'm gonna feel bad if it does end up somehow being ten more years lol

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

OB LA DI

OB LA DA

LIFE GOES ON

BRAH

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Soap bubbles merged with Kira's explosions which are basically an infinite spin and an automatic stand.

Tusk Heart Attack... Jakuten wa many, it looks like.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Patware posted:

it felt like it was on hiatus this issue

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I gotta be honest, I'm not too thrilled that the solution to the seemingly impossible metaphysics problem was another Joestar powerup, but it's not like it's the first time this series has done that.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

SKULL.GIF posted:

I gotta be honest, I'm not too thrilled that the solution to the seemingly impossible metaphysics problem was another Joestar powerup, but it's not like it's the first time this series has done that.

I thought it was really clever how Josuke instead got the doctor to pursue HIM to get around the stand, but yeah this doesn't feel like "solving" the stand and instead just getting a rando powerup that happens to be exactly what's needed to win. I feel like there were logical ways to beat this stand - cause an "accident" on purpose to bring harm to the doctor without pursuing him, or switching who's pursuing him to redirect calamity until it's too late for him to defend himself, or something like that.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Or maybe some kind of stand that would chase instead of you, as a sort of loophole. Perhaps one that rides a motorcycle.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Relin posted:

it felt like it was on hiatus this issue

I mean... Tooru got shot, at least? I think? You'd think it would make a bigger deal of that instead of being so understated though.

SKULL.GIF posted:

That the powerup seems to be 'now the bullet goes through phone' just makes it weirder because I don't see why that's actually a solution.

Pigbuster fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Feb 19, 2021

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Arzaac posted:

Or maybe some kind of stand that would chase instead of you, as a sort of loophole. Perhaps one that rides a motorcycle.

"lol jk it only did a thing because it was accidentally in contact with ~soft & wet~ and now she's dead because she's not the main character" was so rude :smith:

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Her death was too quick and completely undeserved. I guess the SBR-verse has a lot of deaths like that though, like Hot Pants.

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
I really hope the next chapter will be the end of Calamity. I liked it a lot, but I feel like if they pull something else out of nowhere, I'm going to be annoyed.
Previously thought Joshu would want to gently caress up Tooru, so that plane part would fall on him instead, and while it's still a possibility, I'm thinking Tooru will get loving shot before that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I think that this whole Wonder of U thing has gone on for way too long and is just chapter after chapter of the characters failing to actually do anything. They aren't failing in ways that slowly reveal the path to victory they are just failing until the story decided that they can win. That might be fine if Tooru was actively doing things, but his whole things only requires passivity on his part which is boring. The fact that the whole Calamity thing applies to both Tooru and the stand itself makes no sense and it really dumb.

Ethiser fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Feb 19, 2021