Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

My new boss of 2 weeks just resigned, effectively immediately, no notice given. Last time I had a boss was Dec of 2019

lmbo. Back to no masters at work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Why’d he resign?

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Scratch Monkey posted:

Why’d he resign?

Preface: she was the manager for OR and nursing house supervisors.

Basically she said that after watching us nurses perform the jobs of being OR nurses or house supervisors she felt compelled to go back to bedside nursing. That being said, not with our hospital or from how it sounded, any hospital

Which is laughable because I find it somewhat odd that a person with such a good resume and probably 10+years of progressive and increasing goals of leadership would just up and quit without giving at minimum 30 days notice.

So my guess is she realized what she was walking into and wanted to jump ship. The hospital and leadership have hosed over a large portion of the staff for the past 6 months and have made it clear the loving will continue

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Nice and hot piss posted:

Preface: she was the manager for OR and nursing house supervisors.

Basically she said that after watching us nurses perform the jobs of being OR nurses or house supervisors she felt compelled to go back to bedside nursing. That being said, not with our hospital or from how it sounded, any hospital

Which is laughable because I find it somewhat odd that a person with such a good resume and probably 10+years of progressive and increasing goals of leadership would just up and quit without giving at minimum 30 days notice.

So my guess is she realized what she was walking into and wanted to jump ship. The hospital and leadership have hosed over a large portion of the staff for the past 6 months and have made it clear the loving will continue

Why would this be odd? I think it would be stranger to be a lame duck manager for longer than your current tenure.

I did this at my last company right before Thanksgiving after 30 days. Am I supposed to just sit around and put out half-assed work and not really care about it? They've already proven I can't trust them and they are toxic, I really don't want to be there so I won't be. At will employment goes both ways. She would be the idiot for sticking around in that environment.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

It's definitely not the best thing to do where I live, since there is only one single hospital system in this area. Not giving 30 days notice means non re-hireable so unless she wants to work in a clinic she is poo poo out of luck. Again I may not be privvy to some things but for someone who is focused solely on an area of expertise that you find mainly in hospital systems I don't see where she could get a job, let alone a surgical suite center, and there's only one of those with a long rear end list of people who want to work there

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

CommieGIR posted:

https://twitter.com/torriangray/status/1361778280521605122?s=20

Click for whole thread.

TL;DR: Guy is out in the Texas Desert prepping for the Race War and didn't expect to get frozen out.

Delurking to cry tears of joy about these dumb poo poo Davy Crockett cosplayers resorting to banging rocks on cans

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Nice and hot piss posted:

It's definitely not the best thing to do where I live, since there is only one single hospital system in this area. Not giving 30 days notice means non re-hireable so unless she wants to work in a clinic she is poo poo out of luck. Again I may not be privvy to some things but for someone who is focused solely on an area of expertise that you find mainly in hospital systems I don't see where she could get a job, let alone a surgical suite center, and there's only one of those with a long rear end list of people who want to work there

That sounds like terrible people policy. Good for her.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Yeah, sounds like she had the chance to bail on a garbage system and get far away from it, and she took it.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Dick Burglar posted:

Yeah, sounds like she had the chance to bail on a garbage system and get far away from it, and she took it.

The system wasn't bad until about a year ago, and they decided to continue greasing the train track with literal poo poo and have turned up the speed.

5 months and counting down until I put in my resignation

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Dick Burglar posted:

Pfft, like you're not on at least one 'list' already :rolleyes:

There's at least one I'd like to stay off (points at thread title)

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
You enlisted, welcome home.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://giant.gfycat.com/CrazyWealthyApatosaur.mp4

Not a hundred percent on my translation but I think it's something along the lines of "gear adrift is gear a gift"

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

If I drove by that with a truck and a ball hitch, it would cause me physical pain stopping myself not to hook that up and move it somewhere remote

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

GD_American posted:

If I drove by that with a truck and a ball hitch, it would cause me physical pain stopping myself not to hook that up and move it somewhere remote

Dump it in a creek for the local colleges to fight over at football games in 30 years.

Also mil equipment has a lunette ring, so that may complicate things; honestly I've never towed outside the military.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Feb 21, 2021

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

I can imagine the amount of poo poo filling that driver's pants when he pulls up minus the gun

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
idk

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Memento posted:

https://giant.gfycat.com/CrazyWealthyApatosaur.mp4

Not a hundred percent on my translation but I think it's something along the lines of "gear adrift is gear a gift"

Izzat actually what I think it is :stare:

Oh my God it is

I'd spend the rest of the day entrenching that motherfucker like an AT gun.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Wasabi the J posted:

Dump it in a creek for the local colleges to fight over at football games in 30 years.

Also mil equipment has a lunette ring, so that may complicate things; honestly I've never towed outside the military.

It can set on a ball hitch; then you can ratchet strap it down enough to go 20-30 mph with it.

Also, we’ve done the “oh poo poo did we leave that trailer in Grafenwoehr”. Nothing more fun after a 45 day field problem than going right back for the 3 hour drive.

GD_American fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Feb 21, 2021

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

The town has nothing saying I can't have a concrete casement in my yard.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

GD_American posted:

First bump with a ball hitch and you'd lose 'er. You'd need a pintle hook, sadly.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

My Spirit Otter posted:

First bump with a ball hitch and you'd lose 'er. You'd need a pintle hook, sadly.

Sounds like you haven't heard of zip ties.

Many, many zip ties.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I would loving make it happen just to be able to put that thing in the bottom of a tailings pond.

I have a karmic debt to repay for giving my (discovered later to be a complete poo poo-rear end) PSG his M4 after he left it in the porta-shitter in Camp Udairi.

NEVER AGAIN

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

GD_American posted:

I would loving make it happen just to be able to put that thing in the bottom of a tailings pond.

I have a karmic debt to repay for giving my (discovered later to be a complete poo poo-rear end) PSG his M4 after he left it in the porta-shitter in Camp Udairi.

NEVER AGAIN

Could have had a lot of fun with that. Hand him the bcg like a pair of crumpled panties, a la Smilla's Sense of Snow. Watch as he figures out how he hosed up and how much worse you could gently caress his poo poo up for it.

Wait, did it fall in or did he just leave it propped against the wall? New definition of, "blue gun".

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

madeintaipei posted:

Could have had a lot of fun with that. Hand him the bcg like a pair of crumpled panties, a la Smilla's Sense of Snow. Watch as he figures out how he hosed up and how much worse you could gently caress his poo poo up for it.

Wait, did it fall in or did he just leave it propped against the wall? New definition of, "blue gun".

Yes

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

madeintaipei posted:

Propped against the wall. I was so goddamned conditioned I didn't think at all before giving it back right to him with no fanfare.

I should have either buried it in a Hesco barrier or tossed it into a greywater pond. Although just dropping it in the blue would have worked too.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

GD_American posted:

Propped against the wall. I was so goddamned conditioned I didn't think at all before giving it back right to him with no fanfare.

I should have either buried it in a Hesco barrier or tossed it into a greywater pond. Although just dropping it in the blue would have worked too.

First you dip it in the blue, then a hearty burial and retrieval from the hesco, then toss the loving thing into one of the many open air grey or black ponds.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

It still legit makes me mad. I'm mad as I type this. That motherfucker turned out to be such a turd of an NCO, and I had his career right there in my hands.

At least pancreatic cancer got him. Motherfucker's LinkedIn is still up with his bullshit rear end stolen valor about OIF I.

https://www.linkedin.com/public-pro...77-4fd9d25a3d6e

Spooky thing is his loving Twitter account got taken over by a bot or something and is still posting:

https://twitter.com/buywithtye

GD_American fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Feb 23, 2021

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Ugh, sounds like maybe there was karmic involvement

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

GD_American posted:

It still legit makes me mad. I'm mad as I type this. That motherfucker turned out to be such a turd of an NCO, and I had his career right there in my hands.

At least pancreatic cancer got him. Motherfucker's LinkedIn is still up with his bullshit rear end stolen valor about OIF I.

https://www.linkedin.com/public-pro...77-4fd9d25a3d6e

Spooky thing is his loving Twitter account got taken over by a bot or something and is still posting:

https://twitter.com/buywithtye

I clicked this wondering if it was the same turd I wrote about before I deployed with that oopsied his rifle, but it wasn't. Not that it matters, but holy poo poo did he and his loving reservist peers gently caress everything up forever.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Was someone in this thread talking about how there's a US military base where the flight path for planes to and from the base intersects their firing line for artillery practice, and they have to stay below a certain altitude to avoid interaction? I swear I read that somewhere, and it seems like it might have been here.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
https://twitter.com/StuartHumphryes/status/1339858534918402048

Inventing poisonous gas and thus the requirement for gas masks really spoiled the excellent early 20th century mustache and beard scene.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

canyoneer posted:

https://twitter.com/StuartHumphryes/status/1339858534918402048

Inventing poisonous gas and thus the requirement for gas masks really spoiled the excellent early 20th century mustache and beard scene.

Honestly i think it was more people being unable to grow said mustaches and beards being in power and banning facial hair.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/mattwallaert/status/1365363520871690240?s=20

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

https://twitter.com/tacticalyuppie/status/1365740512259559433?s=21

Lmao

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

I had to look up this guy to figure out of this was ironyposting.

It was not. It also screams "current or retired SnCO"

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
The elite small unit tactics of the Taliban

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Big Abu Hajaar Energy

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Scratch Monkey posted:

I trained under a modern day Sun Tzu. He's known by many names, but his friends and students call him Abu Hajaar.

e:f;b

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

Scratch Monkey posted:

Regular jumping jacks will get you killed in CQB