Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jink
May 8, 2002

Drop it like it's Hot.
Taco Defender
Wow, lots of memories in this thread. I lurked for a long long long time and remember many of these topics and people.

Love it, wish we had members joining us :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
My son wants to get an account. Not sure if that’s what you mean.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

trouser chili posted:

My son wants to get an account. Not sure if that’s what you mean.

Watch your son become a fyad/gbs/cspam superstar. :v:

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

Elmnt80 posted:

Watch your son become a fyad/gbs/cspam superstar. :v:

That would be my daughter, she probably already is.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Gonna go ahead and say it, this thread is bringing back a lot of good memories of earlier, simpler times where the internet made people slightly less stupid. :)

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull

RIP Paul Walker posted:

Not SA, but does anyone remember [H] cars and the magic Canadian idea of OARTEC? I can’t find a single loving reference to it on the internet so I’m hoping it’s not just a figment of my imagination.

Oartec! God, I wonder if I have the videos around somewhere...

pr0craztinazn
Feb 24, 2006

mekilljoydammit posted:

Oartec! God, I wonder if I have the videos around somewhere...
Shiki has a youtube channel with what I think are all of the videos.

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8OEcdLj478

Race 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjVLP7UwmKA

Race 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05x_p-A8q18

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE
Hey grzydj!

I love seeing all these familiar names.

trouser chili I think you must've had some kind of subliminal effect on me, because I'm now a Honda fanboy.

I've raced a CB7 Accord in Lemons/Champ/LD for the past 10 years

I have a low mile NSX squirreled away like your Type R

and I ride a CBR1k.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

ultimateforce posted:

I daily drive a 1995 F150.

I studied and passed the test to become an elevator inspector but found out I am deathly afraid of heights.

I'm working in aerospace welding again, currently making parts for F35s and Space X rockets. I actually hope both of them fail miserably every day.

I'm studying to become a certified welding inspector so I can boss people around instead of working.

I applied at Lockheed Martin this week.

I like *Univeral's* Halloween stuff. My you can probably guess my Instagram name to see pictures of ghouls and ghosts.

I never want to own a business again, it torpedoed my life pretty bad. I do welding in my garage for fun now. I've been thinking about making YouTube videos for ages but I seem to find all the stuff I want to talk about already on YouTube so I don't see the point at the moment.

I'd like to make knives in the winter when it's not so hot out.

I'm growing an exotic fruit garden as my project currently.

Welp, see ya!

I had no idea you were a QEI. I thought I was the only one of the forums who had one or even heard of such a thing.

Sucks about the heights thing though.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
Does anyone know what happened to Blooot? Datsun 510, Canadian? Plywood furniture, built some parts of the Audi for I, Digit?

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Quoting this as a thank you, and so it doesn't get missed. drat I miss the old internet, before social media.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
I'm cleaning out my desk, in prep for ripping out the carpet on our second floor because... baby.

Sure enough, found some AI stuff.

AI Conrod Keychain

and on a DVD called "Sharky's poo poo from [Wife's] PC", this photo, named "Goons1vp.jpg"

I'm pretty sure that's DJCommie in blue. I have no idea A) Where I got this image, or B) What's going on.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

That is a very goony image indeed

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Can confirm, is DJcommie.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Krakkles posted:

Can confirm, is DJcommie.

Has enough time passed to joke about him as DJcummie without him getting butthurt?

case
Mar 27, 2005

Was more of a lurker back in the day. I recall heading to WRC in Wales with cpt. ballistik and AirWave(sp?) and a few other goons about a million years ago.

The general sentiment of "gently caress social media" has be weighing heavy lately. When the turbo blew up on my Audi I thought of AI and all the amazing content over the years so I thought I'd look in.

What happened to the English guy with the Ford van? KevBarlas or something..

Exploded A4 turbo remains -

case fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Feb 26, 2021

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
huh you weren't kidding when you said exploded

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

case posted:

Got busy with life, hasn't been seen here since.

meatpimp posted:

Has enough time passed to joke about him as DJcummie without him getting butthurt?
:colbert: He's a good friend and I wouldn't call him that.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

case posted:

He's Scottish.

You're probably now on a list.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Krakkles posted:

:colbert: He's a good friend and I wouldn't call him that.

I don't really know anything about him, other than him having some cool mongrel cars... and Streisand Effecting himself with a meltdown about that nickname. :shrug:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Krakkles posted:

Got busy with life, hasn't been seen here since.

Which is sad - I wanted to see the van finished, and was very happy watching his handiwork. I want to see what he's been up to.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

The Linux Fairy posted:

I'm not nostalgic for the bad old days -- the dasvolk era -- of IRC. I'm sad we -- and I -- didn't do more about it then; when we finally got rid of dasvolk for good, the quality of the IRC went way up, but it was ultimately too late, and the damage was done: the good posters were gone, and all that was left were folks who put up with him and his ilk for too long. Das Volk was an out-and-out nazi (it was years until I understood what his username '1v1r1f' meant), and we should have gotten rid of him long before.
I had no idea about this but it explains some odd interactions I had with him.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

InitialDave posted:

He's Scottish.

You're probably now on a list.

A guy who works in the business next to us comes over all the time and is scottish as gently caress. I keep calling him Irish and make potato comments just to piss him off.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

slidebite posted:

A guy who works in the business next to us comes over all the time and is scottish as gently caress. I keep calling him Irish and make potato comments just to piss him off.

He's gonna start calling you an American.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

meatpimp posted:

I don't really know anything about him, other than him having some cool mongrel cars... and Streisand Effecting himself with a meltdown about that nickname. :shrug:

I remember once he flipped out on me for apparently talking too much about Crown Vics or something it was really bizarre, I don't really remember the context I just remember feeling like it came out of nowhere, must be he was having a bad day or something :v:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I remember once he flipped out on me for apparently talking too much about Crown Vics or something it was really bizarre, I don't really remember the context I just remember feeling like it came out of nowhere, must be he was having a bad day or something :v:

Might have thought you were iibbmm, who would not shut up about his "Interceptors"

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Charles posted:

Might have thought you were iibbmm, who would not shut up about his "Interceptors"

Iibbmm evaded his permaban for years

Username EyeBeem

Now say that out loud as sylibles.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Iibbmm evaded his permaban for years

Username EyeBeem

Now say that out loud as sylibles.

I reported that profile when he popped up again, and nothing happened. I figured after 10 years or whatever the mods let it go 🤷🏻‍♂️ I mean if you can post better anyway then whatever. I dunno.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Yeah he's still around I believe. A billion alts later.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Was Eyebeem also the one who wouldn't shut up about his $1500 baby stroller?

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

I think so, or at least had a custom title to that effect

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

ExplodingSims posted:

Was Eyebeem also the one who wouldn't shut up

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Some days I miss rizzunk.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Me too, though I do wonder how rose colored my glasses are.

If nothing else, I'm curious how he's doing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We were friends on FB for a short time, he kept having meltdowns and finally unfriended me and blocked myself lot of other AI members.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Rhyno posted:

We were friends on FB for a short time, he kept having meltdowns and finally unfriended me and blocked myself lot of other AI members.

Things like this is why, aside from being on the AI fakebook group, I generally try to stay away from being FB friends with "forum people" that I haven't actually met and gotten along with irl.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

wesleywillis posted:

Things like this is why, aside from being on the AI fakebook group, I generally try to stay away from being FB friends with "forum people" that I haven't actually met and gotten along with irl.

He was generally a decent guy but after his accident he got a little unhinged and I think he confirmed that he'd sustained brain damage but that might just have been speculation by us.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Geez that makes me feel lucky that my accident and subsequent TBI didn't change my personality or anything like that

At least as far as I know, no one has told me if I'm more of an rear end in a top hat than I already was :v:

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

You are not more of an rear end in a top hat than you already were :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Cool thanks! :)