Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Under Seaoni

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://clips.twitch.tv/VivaciousNiceLatteGivePLZ-UOjPCSa0GIK9oE6K

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

they're letting those Rare fetish guys design the ads!!!!!

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

https://youtu.be/tNSwIRnBgXw

https://youtu.be/pvIEIymVvQ8

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Late 90s Nintendo ads were wild

Cockashocka
Sep 13, 2013

Bubble brother

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i.psycho

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Beffica
Apr 6, 2009

by Azathoth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpPhin1p2ok

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

lol

Cockashocka
Sep 13, 2013

Bubble brother

Goemon's gonna drown.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Not even looking at the screen lmao

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

hes not even on the skateboard

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

he just finished a hardcore skate sesh to game even harder

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
he had to take a quick game break right next to the low-poly dreamcast car

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Sync with Microsoft™ Outlook™ and never escape your job.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i know the ngage was a heap of poo poo but it would be nice if someone considered a modern phone with gaming controls that isnt some monstrous aftermarket attachment

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

trying to jack off posted:

i know the ngage was a heap of poo poo but it would be nice if someone considered a modern phone with gaming controls that isnt some monstrous aftermarket attachment

thats the switch

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

elf help book posted:

thats the switch

not every day is cargo shorts day

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

That’s where you’re wrong.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

That’s where you’re wrong.

This.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

I actually had an ngage (my dad got it as part of some business promotion and had no use for it). It was most definitely garbage, but seeing THPS in full 3d on that lovely portrait screen was loving wild back in 2003

Anyway, I reckon I’ll see myself out to the controllers for abused children thread now

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
i played an ngage at a con a few years ago, it felt like the videogame part was just kind of glued on. like, the whole ui was absolutely just a nokia phone of the era, except there was an extra menu option to play a game cartridge and oh now there's a low-res port of the ps1 game Pandemonium on the screen.

kind of a weird, half-assed machine and also i totally believe whoever it was who said the design was modelled off of goatse

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Yeah I think there was very little difference between the ngage and other Nokia smartphones of the era. IIRC it was possible to run ngage games on the fancier S60 phones with some software tweaks

Sony had a decent idea here imo, it just never caught on I guess

Bouillon Rube fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Mar 3, 2021

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
The first android i owned was a hand me down from my bro, the htc dream or whatever that had a sliding screen with a full qwerty keyboard underneath and while it was cumbersome at times it felt great for playing games

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

it feels kind of obvious that a phone manufacturer willing to make a mobile device that both functions for normal smartphone stuff and plays video games well would be the future of mobile gaming, but somehow every mobile phone experience feels worse than playing the original Game Boy. the only way we're getting a phone that doubles as a good handheld gaming device is if nintendo decides to start manufacturing smartphones.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Bicyclops posted:

it feels kind of obvious that a phone manufacturer willing to make a mobile device that both functions for normal smartphone stuff and plays video games well would be the future of mobile gaming, but somehow every mobile phone experience feels worse than playing the original Game Boy. the only way we're getting a phone that doubles as a good handheld gaming device is if nintendo decides to start manufacturing smartphones.
for some reason every phone maker is a garbage lunatic who hasn't had any ideas in fifteen years except remove buttons to make it suck more

Cubone fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Mar 3, 2021

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ArfJason posted:

The first android i owned was a hand me down from my bro, the htc dream or whatever that had a sliding screen with a full qwerty keyboard underneath and while it was cumbersome at times it felt great for playing games

every phone I've owned with an actual keyboard on it pwned. bring them back imo