Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

Teek posted:

My guess for the finale:

Ralph is no one and never appears.
Pietro mysteriously disappears back to his home reality, with some vague allusion to him originally running to her aid when he heard her In trouble.
Vision fights Vision, with them eventually joining together.
Hayward is just revealed to be a normal human prick.
Wanda frees everyone, and then runs off, with some hint that Strange wants to track her down.
No other big cameos or new character hints featured.

The postman shows up in the final post-credit sequence, clambering through the aftermath of the climactic battle, to say "Hey, it took me long enough to find ya but I gotta package here for a Mister... I. N. Formant? .... Oh dang"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Have they given any indication what Bruce/Hulk would even be capable of post-Endgame? He looked pretty hosed up after the snap and even Thanos couldn’t even lift that arm after he used it.

Depends on how good his regeneration is in the MCU and how bad the damage was.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Technowolf posted:

Most boring thing they could do is give him a special metal arm like Bucky. I would hate it if they do something like that.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Masonity posted:

Wandavision is widely reported as costing $200mil.

My first reaction was that this is an absurd amount of money for a TV show, but I guess airing it over a 3-month period is $21 that they keep 100% of, loosely at parity with a movie ticket. And there's the add-on benefit of users who retain their membership afterwards even when expensive new content isn't posting.

I don't know how D+ looks outside the US, but that might be an even more favorable situation (since they're no longer losing a large percentage to foreign distributors as they probably would be theatrically.) Disney's gotta profit.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

People are weirded out they made this video, similar to when Endgame. So now there's some thinking something huge is gonna be revealed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vD1hBHWbZI

gently caress they are trying to build some more hype. And it's working. :negative:
Edit: gonna have to stay away from this thread and social media tomorrow :lol: I always watch this after breakfast.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.

Technowolf posted:

I’m hoping he sticks around and they feature Kang fighting the Maestro in future set battles. Would be a fun story to play with if they can get Ruffalo to continue on.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Desperado Bones posted:

People are weirded out they made this video, similar to when Endgame. So now there's some thinking something huge is gonna be revealed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vD1hBHWbZI

gently caress they are trying to build some more hype. And it's working. :negative:
Edit: gonna have to stay away from this thread and social media tomorrow :lol: I always watch this after breakfast.

Ahhhh less than five hours. I gotta say the weekly format while aggravating has at the same time made me appreciate the show even more.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Ahhhh less than five hours. I gotta say the weekly format while aggravating has at the same time made me appreciate the show even more.

I like the weekly release, but I dont like that it comes out at 3am my time, and by 8am, also my time, there are like 100 posts about the episode. I know in this day and age there is no way to make it so everyone can watch it even with a few hours of each other, but wish there was a way similar to live sports. Even if theh alternates various time zones for certain episodes or shows.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

swickles posted:

I like the weekly release, but I dont like that it comes out at 3am my time, and by 8am, also my time, there are like 100 posts about the episode. I know in this day and age there is no way to make it so everyone can watch it even with a few hours of each other, but wish there was a way similar to live sports. Even if theh alternates various time zones for certain episodes or shows.

Or... just don't come to the site until you've, y'know, seen the episode yourself?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Everyone posted:

Or... just don't come to the site until you've, y'know, seen the episode yourself?

I don't check the thread until I have seen it, but this is not the only SA thread I follow. I wasn't so much complaining as remarking at how many people post at inopportune times for the majority of SA posters. Even if I accidentally click on the thread not realizing it aired, I at least have the benefit of the spoiler policy.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Hayward is actually Super-Skrull
Pietro is actually Mojo
Señor Scratchy is actually Howard the Duck
The funnel cake truck is actually Ironhide

edit:

VectorSigma fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Mar 5, 2021

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
ACTUALLY BRUCE LEE COULD BEAT UP THE HULKS

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Figure we'll see a big magic throwdown and at the end it looks like Wanda has Agatha dead to rights, but will pull back and letting her go after coming down or Vision talking to her down.
Before that we'll find out exactly what Agatha was doing, whats up with the book, which is probably the hook for something in the future. Also see Monica's Photon powers, Vision on Vision action, what exactly the kids are and the truth of Peter/Pietro.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I am absolutely done speculating because in 3 hours there will be no need. Gonna finish my MCU bing with Far From Home, maybe cry with that Chadwick Boseman tribute special, and lose sleep and toy around until the big show time.

Its fun to be excited about "live" tv again. Its weird to be waiting until 3 AM for it.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I'm currently blowing time playing the Final Fantasy VII Remake on PS5, since it was a free game this month on PS Plus. This is the first FF game i've played since III on the SNES.

It is a good game.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Desperado Bones posted:

There's a chance of more DD. IF whatever I have been seeing online is right: Charlie Cox seems as he has filmed some scenes for Spiderman, Marvel were looking for extras for a court scene. Don't get your hopes too high or get too hyped.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Charlie Cox is apparently in Spiderman 3.

But what I mean is, there is really no chance of seeing something as dark as the netflix DD, and especially the netflix Punisher, is there? They own the rights to those characters now and we will never again see them in shows like the netflix ones, will we

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

MrMojok posted:

But what I mean is, there is really no chance of seeing something as dark as the netflix DD, and especially the netflix Punisher, is there? They own the rights to those characters now and we will never again see them in shows like the netflix ones, will we

Feige said they have no plans for any MCU content above PG except for Deadpool 3, unfortunately

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Gonz posted:

I'm currently blowing time playing the Final Fantasy VII Remake on PS5, since it was a free game this month on PS Plus. This is the first FF game i've played since III on the SNES.

It is a good game.

My first FF game was 13. My life is silly.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

MrMojok posted:

Feige said in an interview recently that they haven't ruled out reviving some of the Netflix shows, but nothing concrete.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

BurritoJustice posted:

Feige said they have no plans for any MCU content above PG except for Deadpool 3, unfortunately

Technically, he said that they haven't been "restricted" from telling the story they wanted to by not having an R-rating. But, he said he wasn't opposed to non-Deadpool R-rated MCU entries. He just said they haven't had "the need" to go for an R-rating and they would make an R-rated MCU movie if that was "what was needed to tell the story we want to tell."

But, yes. I wouldn't expect any non-Deadpool R-rated stuff soon.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Technically, he said that they haven't been "restricted" from telling the story they wanted to by not having an R-rating. But, he said he wasn't opposed to non-Deadpool R-rated MCU entries. He just said they haven't had "the need" to go for an R-rating and they would make an R-rated MCU movie if that was "what was needed to tell the story we want to tell."

But, yes. I wouldn't expect any non-Deadpool R-rated stuff soon.

RIP MCU Blade

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
A PG-13 Blade movie would be like watching The Raid on network television.

What a defeatist move if that's gonna be it's actual rating.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Gonz posted:

It is a good game.

Yea I'm in the home stretch of Ghost Of Tsushima, and I've made piece with being tired for my dentist appointment tomorrow.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Gonz posted:

A PG-13 Blade movie would be like watching The Raid on network television.

What a defeatist move if that's gonna be it's actual rating.

I think if anything could qualify as needing an R-rated movie under that definition, that it would be Blade. But, I wouldn't be surprised to see a PG-13 either.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I'm watching JoJo's Bizarre Adventure with my husband because it's going to leave Netflix soon. When are Joseph and Caesar gonna kiss?

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Pththya-lyi posted:

I'm watching JoJo's Bizarre Adventure with my husband because it's going to leave Netflix soon. When are Joseph and Caesar gonna kiss?

WHAT! I'm watching this whenever I work out (so not often enough) and I'm on like season 3 of the 4? that they have, but I'm not done yet! Netflix sucks these days.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

redreader posted:

WHAT! I'm watching this whenever I work out (so not often enough) and I'm on like season 3 of the 4? that they have, but I'm not done yet! Netflix sucks these days.

IIRC they're only taking the Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency arcs off Netflix, which is seasons 1-2. You should be okay, but everybody who wants to start watching now has 2 days. I think it's still going to be on Hulu and Crunchyroll, if that helps.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

where the gently caress is the new episode

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

aw gently caress I'm off by an hour. regret drinking coffee

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

swickles posted:

I'm lucky enough that it drops at 8am my time, so I have a bit more incentive to get up early on a Friday, go for a walk and get breakfast ready to eat while I watch before online classes. 8am or 9am (which presumably France and other parts of Europe have) is probably the best case scenario for it's drop time, honestly. I know midnight is what most people superficially want, so they can have it ASAP, but I feel like Ireland/UK have it way better given the timezones.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

So im rewatching episode 5. Knowing what i already know, the clues are making everything more clear.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Am I easily pleased in that all I'm hoping from the last episode in t-minus 30 minutes is more Kathryn Hahn chewing the gently caress out of some scenery and I'll consider it perfect?

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

I just want an agatha harkness show now. Shes easily the best part of the whole show.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

My Face When posted:

I just want an agatha harkness show now. Shes easily the best part of the whole show.

Olsen's surprisingly top notch acting being a nice surprise, still I absolutely agree. I really really hope they don't kill Agatha off, she needs to be a major player

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Oh yeah, olsen is great in this and im happy to see her spread her acting chops.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
lol Ralph Boner

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

haha. nice wizard of oz reference.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Is anybody else having trouble actually playing the episode? My internet isn't terrible but I can only go about 3s before it stops and buffers.

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

"Freedom lies in being bold."
-Robert Frost

Inspector 34 posted:

Is anybody else having trouble actually playing the episode? My internet isn't terrible but I can only go about 3s before it stops and buffers.

I am it's bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
luckily I got in before 2AM it was up like 15 minutes early.