Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

My shipment from The Hanger Bay arrived, it came with a cute wax federation seal on a letter talking up the GM Sniper Custom, and a 5% off code for my next purchase, when I actually have money again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Onmi posted:

My shipment from The Hanger Bay arrived, it came with a cute wax federation seal on a letter talking up the GM Sniper Custom, and a 5% off code for my next purchase, when I actually have money again.

My order is delayed til May because that's when he'll next be able to get the Extreme Leo in :negative:.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

My order is delayed til May because that's when he'll next be able to get the Extreme Leo in :negative:.

Speaking of, I need to check if the Z Plus A1 Test Colours has anything additional over the regular Z Plus A1.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
I accidentally bought two RG Zeongs.

Oops.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

LibrarianCroaker posted:

Oops.

:getin:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
How are the four main CCA MGs (Nu, Sazabi, Geara Doga, and Jegan)? Any weak links, or are they all solid?

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
the MG Nu and Sazabi are extremely good. The only reason I wouldn't recommend them is that the RGs are around half the price tag and hit the same quality. Grab the MGs if you like the 1/100 more.

LibrarianCroaker posted:

The MG Jegan is really nice, imo.

They did prioritize anime accuracy pretty highly tho, surface detail is low and a couple of the joints (the hips immediately come to mind) concede articulation. If you can find it on the lower end of your area's MG price ranges go for it.

Can't speak to the Geara Doga.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

That's the haul. Not bad, but I think they slipped in some SD's where the listing was for 19 HGs.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

LibrarianCroaker posted:

the MG Nu and Sazabi are extremely good. The only reason I wouldn't recommend them is that the RGs are around half the price tag and hit the same quality. Grab the MGs if you like the 1/100 more.

Can't speak to the Geara Doga.

That's the MG Nu ver. Ka, right? How are the hands on it and the Sazabi? I know that the MG line has made the occasional ill-advised experiment there.

Looking at the Katoki Sazabi on Dalong, I'm glad that while it advertises the redesigned gun on the box art, it still comes with the big brick shotgun it's supposed to have. That long, delicate rifle just doesn't look right.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Puddin posted:

That's the haul. Not bad, but I think they slipped in some SD's where the listing was for 19 HGs.

What's this haul from? Also you did well considering there's a Unicorn-Mode Phenex in there, that's a pretty expensive kit iirc.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
That's the Banzai Hobby new years lucky bag,. I think it was about $280aud with shipping.

Yeah I originally glossed over it but the plated version is pretty sweet

No double ups on my backlog either!

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Nu-Zeon AND a mass produced zeonic sword? Gonna be big sword day for you.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

That's the MG Nu ver. Ka, right? How are the hands on it and the Sazabi? I know that the MG line has made the occasional ill-advised experiment there.

Looking at the Katoki Sazabi on Dalong, I'm glad that while it advertises the redesigned gun on the box art, it still comes with the big brick shotgun it's supposed to have. That long, delicate rifle just doesn't look right.

Yeah, sorry, talking about the Ver Ka there.

Both the Nu and the Sazabi have the pre-molded articulated ABS hands. They're... ok? They droop a bit, but after like two years on my shelf they haven't started falling more than a couple of degrees (Nu with the beam rifle, Sazabi with the brick shotgun). You could fix that fairly easily with a small drill and a bit of copper wire or something. They were designed for those kits, if memory serves, so they don't look disproportionately large like on the RX-78 3.0.

I imagine they'd be impossible to fix if you broke them during assembly though.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

The Diaclone/Gridman crossover is getting another figure:

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Not really Gunpla but had a sweet interaction with my big sis today while we were at dinner celebrating my Dad. She asked me a lot of questions about Gunpla and seemed to enjoy hearing me talk about building them and wanting to get better. I think she was fishing for a gift to give me since she kept asking me if there was any I wanted, but I'm still unsure of how to ask for gifts from people (I say, as a 30 year old). But in comparison to how as a child I basically had to keep my hobbies to myself because of a feeling of not being understood, it was nice to share a passion with my big sis.

Burns
May 10, 2008

I trust you mentioned the new PG RX-78 at least.

Crooow!
Dec 7, 2005

Abortions for some, tiny American flags for others!

Droyer posted:

The Diaclone/Gridman crossover is getting another figure:

That looks so cool! I hope they make some version of the dragon robot from Gridman.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I built a robot

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
First the bargain price of 250£ I'm sure.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Burns posted:

I trust you mentioned the new PG RX-78 at least.

I showed her it being $500 when she was asking me about the prices and pointed out how not-good I am to yet be worthy of showing that the right amount of love.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Please be to enjoying my Zeon Leo

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Mar 5, 2021

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Any idea where I could get some square Build Hands (or Jigen Knuckles, it's the same thing IIRC)? I checked usagundamstore, gundam planet, newtype, big bad toy store, and my local hobby shop.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Gripweed posted:

I built a robot

Looks great. Always loved those over the top warhammer designs.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
On 40K has anyone ever been insane enough to buy the Forgeworld Warlord Titan kit?

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
You could sculpt your own out of kneadatite and it would be cheaper, lighter, and better constructed than a Forgeworld kit.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Arcsquad12 posted:

On 40K has anyone ever been insane enough to buy the Forgeworld Warlord Titan kit?

Even if they were more reasonably priced, dealing with a kit that size made entirely of resin sounds like a huge pain in the rear end.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Midwinter Minis is doing a series of videos on theirs

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3sr5KdJlYo64haqeicBSWnGRcdUi3RB1

YanniRotten
Apr 3, 2010

We're so pretty,
oh so pretty

LibrarianCroaker posted:

Oops.

Hello it's me ur brother.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I built a Kamiki Burning Gundam aaaaaand about around the time I got to the shoulders I realized this kit had no stickers in it. But it was supposed to have stickers in it.

So, since the Kamiki Burning has that big shoulder logo sticker thaaaat was a problem but then I dug through my lil bag of unused parts and effects pieces and I found something I could use instead! Which is why it has that crazy exploding shoulder emblem now

I really like this kit! The arms and head pop off a lil easily but I'm just gonna tighten up the ball joints with some nail polish to fix that. Some metallic silver paint under the transparent parts helped them look visually consistent (some being over red and some being over white looks weird tbh), and it poses super well. And comes with probably the coolest effect parts I've seen so far in any of the kits I've built

but next im gonna build an SD Z'gok and make him the fanciest little lad

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Sea Lily posted:

I built a Kamiki Burning Gundam aaaaaand about around the time I got to the shoulders I realized this kit had no stickers in it. But it was supposed to have stickers in it.

So, since the Kamiki Burning has that big shoulder logo sticker thaaaat was a problem but then I dug through my lil bag of unused parts and effects pieces and I found something I could use instead! Which is why it has that crazy exploding shoulder emblem now

I really like this kit! The arms and head pop off a lil easily but I'm just gonna tighten up the ball joints with some nail polish to fix that. Some metallic silver paint under the transparent parts helped them look visually consistent (some being over red and some being over white looks weird tbh), and it poses super well. And comes with probably the coolest effect parts I've seen so far in any of the kits I've built

I wholeheartedly support your inadvertent efforts to erase Kamiki from Gundam history.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Painted the sword on Sakura's Kobu Kai. AK interactive metallizers are really nice.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Sea Lily posted:

so, that didnt take very long

love this spicy lil meatball

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I made an Absolutely-not-Gundam-we-promise:

https://imgur.com/a/U1ezOKa

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Droyer posted:

I made an Absolutely-not-Gundam-we-promise:

https://imgur.com/a/U1ezOKa

That's rad as hell.

Halman
Feb 10, 2007

What's the...Rush?
Which new(maybe?) Eva Unit 01 model was it that people were really into last year? I can't remember if it was a rebuild one or tv show one.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Halman posted:

Which new(maybe?) Eva Unit 01 model was it that people were really into last year? I can't remember if it was a rebuild one or tv show one.

Bandai RG

https://www.hlj.com/rg-all-purpose-humanoid-decisive-battle-weapon-artificial-human-evangelion-unit-01-bans58925

Halman
Feb 10, 2007

What's the...Rush?

Awesome, thanks!

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

They're a bit in short supply atm, don't overpay, they will have a re-issue pretty soon probably due to their popularity.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Xaerael posted:

They're a bit in short supply atm, don't overpay, they will have a re-issue pretty soon probably due to their popularity.

Yeah, it's a great model that sold like hot cakes, no way it won't come back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Actually, since I recently ordered from HLJ and just linked to them, I have to say they are the best overseas store I have ever dealt with for Gunpla. Japan to UK in less than a week.