Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Gibbering posted:

The Shipping Wars are never over.

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Mar 8, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Never got to see them cook for Shinji, and now this

What a wild ride

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

MechaX posted:

On the subject of Rei, what kinds of books was she reading anyway in the series or rebuild movies?

I hope Gendo didn’t raise this poor girl on nothing but NERV training manuals

Shinji mentions she reads a lot in English. In the show she's reading Simplicius Simplicissimus at one point, which is a German novel from the 1600s, she's seen with a lot of books on science and genetics, and in the Rebuild she's reading The Happy Prince and Other Stories at one point.

Basically, she seems to be a voracious reader in general.

Never expected to be team Rei before seeing the show, but the more I see of her, the more I like her.

Also, hard to know what's true at the moment, but the rumor I'm seeing is that the film has different ships for the ending in different theaters which, if true...

Anno, you magnificent bastard. I never should have doubted you.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

chiasaur11 posted:

Also, hard to know what's true at the moment, but the rumor I'm seeing is that the film has different ships for the ending in different theaters which, if true...

There's no way. I want to believe — and I'd be thrilled to be proven wrong! — but there's no way.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

chiasaur11 posted:

this would be the best thing to happen to anime since Endless Eight

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

chiasaur11 posted:

=

Anno, you magnificent bastard. I never should have doubted you.

No loving way.

I won't believe that's true until I have either discs or files in my hands with distinct cuts of the movie clearly separated from one another and labeled lol

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I guess I will be the one to say I prefer it’s not true. Because If it is that means it has no bearing in the rest of the movie

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Schwarzwald posted:

There's no way. I want to believe — and I'd be thrilled to be proven wrong! — but there's no way.

I mean, I have doubts too, but there's precedent. Clue had multiple endings in 1985, and Wolverine: Origins had multiple post-credits scenes depending on theater.

I'm not betting on it, but it does seem the kind of fuckery Anno would get up to, and it does clarify some oddities in Japanese posts on the topic, if they're not just trolling.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

chiasaur11 posted:

Holy gently caress the wars have only just begun

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Right now I'm banking on the theory being more a result of trolling from the chans and such being mixed in with whatever legitimate leaks are out there, but if there really is some whacky madness going on then that's cool too.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

NGE Blue, Red and Yellow versions

sell three copies of the same film

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Rebuild of Evangelion is actually just the world's most expensive visual novel

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The different ending thing isn't true y'all falling for the most basic-rear end trolls.

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Mar 8, 2021

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Time to stop reading this thread lmao

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Pretty good posted:

Time to stop reading this thread lmao

See y'all when some subs come out

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Raxivace posted:

Right now I'm banking on the theory being more a result of trolling from the chans and such being mixed in with whatever legitimate leaks are out there, but if there really is some whacky madness going on then that's cool too.

On the one hand, I know that's the smart play. It's 90 percent likely to be bullshit.

On the other, it'd be hilarious if it was true.

(Also, I'm seeing people mixing Fire Punch memes into their fake spoilers at this point. Chaos reigns. It's going to be a bit before the ground is solid again.)

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

The different ending thing isn't true y'all falling for the most basic-rear end trolls.

lol shut up

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Okay.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

you aren't wrong per se but also who cares, 99% of us won't know anything until the whole movie's available in one form or another anyways

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
Asuka is a shikinami series clone
Kaji died stopping third impact
Misato was pregnant with his son also names ryouji
Touji is a doctor, married hikari
Kensuke is village handyman
Rei 6 learns to be human then dies because she can’t survive without NERV maintenance
Misato sacrifices herself to send a new lance to Shinji
Shinji talks gendou down and uses the new lance to perform the neon genesis willing to sacrifice himself for it but yui saves him
Rei and kaworu seen in background of new world with no evangelions and blue ocean
Mari was hanging out with gendou before he even met yui, seems that she introduced him to her and fuyutsuki to begin with
Fuyutsuki calls mari Maria of Iscariot
Ending has Shinji and mari hold hands and run away in the new world
Asuka paired with adult kensuke
Kaworu paired with Kaji for some reason
Asuka unseals bardiel in her eye and becomes buster machine 7(Mean her hair long burning effects)
02 becomes giant god to seal eva 13 but it was a trap and 13 uses original Asuka to steal this Asuka to become core and start additional impact
Mari eats a bunch of evas and calls her’s the eva 8+9+10+11
1 VS 13 is in anti-universe which is formed by perception, has poo poo like them becoming human sized and fighting in Misato’s living room
Penpen is alive and now has a huge penguin colony in touji’s village
1 VS 13 not real fight, 13 just mirrors 1 until Shinji stops fighting and talks to gendou
There are four wunder type ships (wunder was stolen from nerv)
fuyutsuki controls the other three from the bridge of the second ship, explodes into lcl when instrumentality begins
Neon genesis results on the infinities turning back into humans and returning to earth, unclear if ending is a remade world or fixed world, mari and Shinji are older in it
Rei 6 being rice farmer in village is real
Also babysits touji and hikari daughter tsubame
Shinji’s Rei has almost no screentime and pretty much nothing with him, has very long hair when first appearing but it reverts to old hair after some talking
New MP evas have skull heads

good lord i hope this is true lmao

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

Asuka is a shikinami series clone
Kaji died stopping third impact
Misato was pregnant with his son also names ryouji
Touji is a doctor, married hikari
Kensuke is village handyman
Rei 6 learns to be human then dies because she can’t survive without NERV maintenance
Misato sacrifices herself to send a new lance to Shinji
Shinji talks gendou down and uses the new lance to perform the neon genesis willing to sacrifice himself for it but yui saves him
Rei and kaworu seen in background of new world with no evangelions and blue ocean
Mari was hanging out with gendou before he even met yui, seems that she introduced him to her and fuyutsuki to begin with
Fuyutsuki calls mari Maria of Iscariot
Ending has Shinji and mari hold hands and run away in the new world
Asuka paired with adult kensuke
Kaworu paired with Kaji for some reason
Asuka unseals bardiel in her eye and becomes buster machine 7(Mean her hair long burning effects)
02 becomes giant god to seal eva 13 but it was a trap and 13 uses original Asuka to steal this Asuka to become core and start additional impact
Mari eats a bunch of evas and calls her’s the eva 8+9+10+11
1 VS 13 is in anti-universe which is formed by perception, has poo poo like them becoming human sized and fighting in Misato’s living room
Penpen is alive and now has a huge penguin colony in touji’s village
1 VS 13 not real fight, 13 just mirrors 1 until Shinji stops fighting and talks to gendou
There are four wunder type ships (wunder was stolen from nerv)
fuyutsuki controls the other three from the bridge of the second ship, explodes into lcl when instrumentality begins
Neon genesis results on the infinities turning back into humans and returning to earth, unclear if ending is a remade world or fixed world, mari and Shinji are older in it
Rei 6 being rice farmer in village is real
Also babysits touji and hikari daughter tsubame
Shinji’s Rei has almost no screentime and pretty much nothing with him, has very long hair when first appearing but it reverts to old hair after some talking
New MP evas have skull heads

good lord i hope this is true lmao

Is this like the Steven Universe season five finale bingo where there's no way every square gets filled because the episodes would be loving insane but they all end up happening anyway

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:catdrugs:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I shall also take a crack at spoilers

Pen Pen is back. And he's pissed.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Shinjobi posted:

I shall also take a crack at spoilers

Pen Pen is back. And he's pissed.
Pen-Pen piloting a Penguingelion as the final boss was not where I expected this to go, but its a welcome surprise.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

you aren't wrong per se but also who cares, 99% of us won't know anything until the whole movie's available in one form or another anyways

Sure but like at this point people have seen the movie in Japan and are talking about it on twitter. If you want to know that's real and what's not you can just go look.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I'm just waiting for the One Last Kiss EP to come out so I can listen to it on loop until I can see the movie in decent quality.

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

I just want it to be crazy as all get out and not let its foot off the gas. Just let your freak flag fly, anno.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Raxivace posted:

Pen-Pen piloting a Penguingelion as the final boss was not where I expected this to go, but its a welcome surprise.

I'm just surprised at how many scenes there were of Rei looking directly at the screen and talking about how only people who watched Shin Godzilla were worthy of being considered human beings. The first three were pretty well integrated into the plot, but the fifth one felt a little bit excessive.

On the other hand, Mari and Shinji bonding over their discussion of how not liking both Diebuster and Gunbuster is for stupid idiots was a moving emotional climax to their romantic arc.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

Sure but like at this point people have seen the movie in Japan and are talking about it on twitter. If you want to know that's real and what's not you can just go look.

If the only thing you're going to do is sit here and make smirking "I know more than you do" posts they're not going to be very well received.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Midjack posted:

If the only thing you're going to do is sit here and make smirking "I know more than you do" posts they're not going to be very well received.

That wasn't my intent so I'll just shut up then if it's bothering people

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I need visuals I need visuals I need visuals

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I heard there is an after credits scene that ends with ”Shinji Ikari will return in Shin Godzilla vs. Ultraman.”

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
i'll miss you, thread.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
spoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilers

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

context for previous: those are scans of the theater pamphlet, so while it's not full plot spoilers it's 100% Stuff From The Movie you'll be seeing if you mouse over

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

chiasaur11 posted:

I mean, I have doubts too, but there's precedent. Clue had multiple endings in 1985, and Wolverine: Origins had multiple post-credits scenes depending on theater.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

But that's not Mari.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

chiasaur11 posted:

But that's not Mari.

It's a wig he has her wear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Vinylshadow posted:

It's a wig he has her wear

I'd doubt you, but let's be honest. Mari would be into it.