Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Blockhouse posted:

never because Gogeta is almost 100% for sure the final character.

Also if even Xenoverse 2 hasn't gotten to the Arale well yet she might be off limits for whatever reason. The last time she was playable in anything was, what, J-Stars like six years ago?

Fusions in 2016. So it would have to be some relatively new decision. They could just feel sticking her in everything would run the joke thin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Blockhouse posted:

It does 19980 damage, every time, guaranteed. No scaling. Every charater has 10000 health.

1998 is also the year the SSJ4 Gogeta episode aired.

Another fun reference in SS4 Gogeta's moveset: He can obtain Dragon Balls way easier than any other character with a special combo, and they're obtained in the exact same order as Goku met the Shadow Dragons in GT.

ArcSys' attention to detail is both incredible and terrifying.

Not a lot of references in his quotes though, but that's to be expected since this Gogeta met nearly no one. Still, he has some very fun quotes, like telling Kefla to try out the Fusion Dance someday, or Black being disgusted at Super Saiyan 4's looks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM9f74Optx4

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Wait, this Gogeta gets people reacting to him but Baby doesn't?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

SSJ4 Gogeta is a real prick!

Also sad lol at trunks getting 'my boy' and Gohan getting .... 'Gohan'

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
That's consistent with both Goku and Vegeta's character though.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I just love that stupid fusion dance and the faces they make.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

SS4 Gogeta's design is bad solely and exclusively because he does not retain SS4 Vegeta's magic Saiyan jeans.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

projecthalaxy posted:

SS4 Gogeta's design is bad solely and exclusively because he does not retain SS4 Vegeta's magic Saiyan jeans.

Leather pants

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
My favorite thing is that he's situated on the character select screen like he's a boss

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Blockhouse posted:

My favorite thing is that he's situated on the character select screen like he's a boss

Wasn't there some challenge mode where you had to fight a crazy tuned up UI Goku? Maybe they'll make an even harder one for SSJ4 Gogeta.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

projecthalaxy posted:

Leather pants

edit: poo poo, delayed double post

Siegkrow fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Mar 11, 2021

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Neo_Crimson posted:

Wasn't there some challenge mode where you had to fight a crazy tuned up UI Goku? Maybe they'll make an even harder one for SSJ4 Gogeta.

they do multiplayer raids for every new character released pretty much

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Larryb posted:

So what kind of rights issue would there be with including her in a game then?

She already appears in lots of DB games as well as in the series proper a couple of times so I assume none at all.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/1370181931342524419

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I hate this already

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Didn't they already learn Hakai back in the Black arc in the manga???

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:lmao:

this series

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I told you they should have stopped after broly

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
This is fine? I don't know what y'all are losing your poo poo over.

Kild posted:

Didn't they already learn Hakai back in the Black arc in the manga???

They addressed this last chapter. Goku tried to imitate the technique but doesn't have what it takes to actually use it.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Blockhouse posted:

This is fine? I don't know what y'all are losing your poo poo over.

Yeah, I'm pretty confused too.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The dragon’s definition of “Strongest warrior in the universe”: the strongest of any life-form...excluding gods.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
If I had to guess the dragon's condition is like "your body's going to explode from the strain in 78 hours" or something along those lines

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

The dragon’s definition of “Strongest warrior in the universe”: the strongest of any life-form...excluding gods.

Blockhouse posted:

If I had to guess the dragon's condition is like "your body's going to explode from the strain in 78 hours" or something along those lines

the strongest non god life form is a super saiyan 3

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Kild posted:

the strongest non god life form is a super saiyan 3

I see what you're going for here but not really. Super Saiyan God and SSGSS despite the names are not actually godly. Goku and Vegeta are explicitly still very much mortals.

And even if they didn't count the answer would still be Golden Freeza or Broly.

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Mar 12, 2021

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Blockhouse posted:

I see what you're going for here but not really. Super Saiyan God and SSGSS despite the names are not actually godly. Goku and Vegeta are explicitly still very much mortals.

And even if they didn't count the answer would still be Golden Freeza or Broly.

I think you mean Gogeta :colbert:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

I'm a little surprised here, but seriously curious where this is going.

1: A timelimit on his life
2: He loses what makes him him and becomes some other being.

The latter seems like a weird choice to make for dragonball though. But with the long hair making him seem like SSJ3 does seem to imply this.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Granted I’m not super up to date with the manga but really really don’t get the problem. Is the problem that shenron should be able to do this with no conditions?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Granted I’m not super up to date with the manga but really really don’t get the problem. Is the problem that shenron should be able to do this with no conditions?

I think the problem people have is 2 fold.
1: It's possibly a partial retread of Goku Black. Who wanted to be stronger and thus had the dragon swap bodies with Goku.
I don't see a problem here though, it's dragonball. :shrug:

2: Dragons are supposed to be limited by the strength of their creator. This is why they couldn't just wish some bad guys out of existence. If that's still the case then it's a bit weird that a tiny dragon made with 2 balls has the power to make him on the level of Goku/Vegeta/Freeza.
This one is a bit weird.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Darth TNT posted:

2: Dragons are supposed to be limited by the strength of their creator. This is why they couldn't just wish some bad guys out of existence. If that's still the case then it's a bit weird that a tiny dragon made with 2 balls has the power to make him on the level of Goku/Vegeta/Freeza.
This one is a bit weird.

Maybe that's why there's a condition

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
If Gero gets to make androids stronger than Goku/Vegeta/Freeza I'll let this lil lizard buddy make whatever he wants.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

TheHan posted:

If Gero gets to make androids stronger than Goku/Vegeta/Freeza I'll let this lil lizard buddy make whatever he wants.

Theory:

The dragon is Gero, who used science to turn himself into a wish granting dragon.

His condition? Destroy Goku.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
SS3 or anything like it is doomed for failure; this guy getting what looks to be a SS3 form in order to "be the strongest" is laughable. It is not going to be SS3, but the look is similar enough that I expect him to lose to everything.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Goku and Vegeta weren't in the universe when the wish was made, they were in God-Land. Maybe the dragon wasn't taking them into account.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

New Leaf posted:

Goku and Vegeta weren't in the universe when the wish was made, they were in God-Land. Maybe the dragon wasn't taking them into account.

Broly's there though

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

New Leaf posted:

Even if the dragon didn't take them into acount, Broly is still there, and we know Broly even outside of his strongest form is stronger than Blue Goku and Vegeta. That'd still be below Ultra Instinct Goku though, but Goku isn't who Granolah is aiming at, Freeza is. He gets his wish, then we'll see what happens.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
The condition is that Granolah is now a saiyan :v:

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

The dragon has made Granolah stronger than Freeza. He is now... Cooler.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
The condition is that he's now a genie dragon and can only use his awesome power when summoned by another set of dragon balls

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

SS3 or anything like it is doomed for failure; this guy getting what looks to be a SS3 form in order to "be the strongest" is laughable. It is not going to be SS3, but the look is similar enough that I expect him to lose to everything.

It would be pretty funny if the dragon thought that was the strongest thing and was like 'poo poo they can do what now?! sorry I've been asleep the last few years'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Granola is Cunber before his wish