Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

kid sinister posted:

Crappy construction in progress.

They put in a self check out lane at the cemetery!

That arm is going to haunt my dreams.
:gibs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K8g-wmfW3A

Future crappy construction saga, so far this guy has found a fireplace and cabinets behind his living room wall. Reveal at 2:55

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/JzoSports/status/1369542839391117315?s=20

(he's fine)

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

corgski posted:

Future crappy construction saga, so far this guy has found a fireplace and cabinets behind his living room wall. Reveal at 2:55

:barf:

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

Super healthy, super cheap

The expression on the host they cut away to, too. "I'm sorry, are you really expecting us to continue? Are we not going to stop and address the fact that a wall just fell on my colleague? What the gently caress."

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

corgski posted:

I would be so excited to find that, and then so horrified about the mold. Poor guy.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Motronic posted:

I'm really trying to figure out what they are trying to accomplish here. That machine has a backhoe boom joint on it, so they could absolutely keep digging that trench with the machine sitting next to it. Getting on/crossing that trench should be no problem at all for that machine with even a halfway competent and not-totally-blackout-drunk operator........

My best guess is that they ran out of fuel and just had to get the last few feet of that trench dug.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Well I've certainly never seen a listing photo that includes a little kid in their underwear before.

WHY would you include that? "Kid friendly" I guess?

I think those are swim trunks?

corgski posted:

From comments:

quote:

If you hadn't called the asbestos checker, you would have lived with half a kitchen in your walls

Seriously, who the gently caress just...boards over cabinets? In what universe is that less work than yanking out the cabinets? Like, I get lazy. I even get being too lazy to put thought into being lazy and ending up doing extra work. But this is like the outcome of a really strange horror movie where the surviving protagonists board over the cursed cabinets and sell the place.

Blue Footed Booby fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Mar 11, 2021

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/neighbours_wifi/status/1370072204436594689?s=21

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

https://i.imgur.com/7svtk8y.gifv

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008
It returns, this time on reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/redneckengineering/comments/m2vedy/red_neck_hot_tub_goals_yes_this_is_my_basement/

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

I thought this was going to be about that lovely pex plumbing sweating on the ceiling joist. then I scrolled.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost
lol you can already see condensation dripping off the plastic piping and signs of old drips on the HVAC

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I always wondered why that chick has a face of someone that is 70 but on a body of someone that is 20. It's meth isn't it?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

First thing I thought of was this picture. What was the story with this one again? I remember some hazardous consequence but can't put my finger on it.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

kid sinister posted:

First thing I thought of was this picture. What was the story with this one again? I remember some hazardous consequence but can't put my finger on it.

Well, if the humidity doesn’t cause enough mold in your lovely unventilated basement to kill you, the inevitable flooding from people splashing or from attempts to drain the pool will.

The proximity of electrical outlets and lights could be a fun bonus as well.

shelley
Nov 8, 2010

kid sinister posted:

The story is basically:

“hi guys I have a pool in my basement how can I heat it”

a chorus of “WHAT THE gently caress WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT” with several posts describing why it was a terrible idea

“haha nice one guys I’m actually draining it as we speak” and then he posted a bunch of photos

The thread is in archives, but all the photos were on waffleimages I think. You can see them on archive.org though.

God I can’t believe that thread was in 2010.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer

shelley posted:

The story is basically:

“hi guys I have a pool in my basement how can I heat it”

a chorus of “WHAT THE gently caress WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT” with several posts describing why it was a terrible idea

“haha nice one guys I’m actually draining it as we speak” and then he posted a bunch of photos

The thread is in archives, but all the photos were on waffleimages I think. You can see them on archive.org though.

God I can’t believe that thread was in 2010.

poo poo, only 2010? I would have sworn that was older, like 2005.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Man, I can't believe the sagas I missed on SA in the early years of my registration.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Best part of the basement pool story is that Grover told them they were stupid and going to die if they kept doing that.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
I definitely remember basement pool coming up on the forums well before I joined

wanna say like, 2007, 2008

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008
Here's the original thread
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3346097&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Honestly amazed only one poster in that old thread has been banned in the 10 years since. Some old threads half the guys on the first page are gone.

e: HCH most law-abiding forum?

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
He got banned by Aatrek lmao

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

mycomancy posted:

He got banned by Aatrek lmao

For not posting enough pictures of kids?

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Facebook Aunt posted:

Honestly amazed only one poster in that old thread has been banned in the 10 years since. Some old threads half the guys on the first page are gone.

It's hard to pick dumb fights when you're too busy trying to stabilize your load-bearing drywall.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

BonerGhost posted:

For not posting enough pictures of kids?

Because the kids in the pics he posted were too old.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/cheapocrappy/status/1371094105560903683?s=21

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
From a DIY bathroom remodel on Reddit.
https://imgur.com/a/7Kc0Nd6

Nothing that's like "holy poo poo, that will collapse in a year" but a lot of small things done wrong.

Tile not centered on floor, so it starts with a full piece in te upper right so both the door-side and behind the toilet are thin strips and not symmetrical to the opposite wall. Less of an issue "north-south" since the tile is covered by the vanity and toilet, but "east-west" it looks bad.

Oh lord. They claim in the reddit post that the rest of their transition strips in the house are screwed down, so it matches. Uhh...ok? Sure, whatever you say. I, too, love very visible screws in my flooring pieces, that don't even appear to be countersunk and stick up a 1/16" and will constantly catch on my socks.

Good God. I don't give two shits about the design or aesthetic they're going for (ok, I do slightly and the industrial-chic style HAS to be over with now, right? We've all been in too many breweries with concrete counters and Edison bulbs,) but how can they not see that sink is INCREDIBLY small and will just result in water being splashed everywhere from washing their hands?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

DrBouvenstein posted:

From a DIY bathroom remodel on Reddit.
https://imgur.com/a/7Kc0Nd6

Nothing that's like "holy poo poo, that will collapse in a year" but a lot of small things done wrong.

Tile not centered on floor, so it starts with a full piece in te upper right so both the door-side and behind the toilet are thin strips and not symmetrical to the opposite wall. Less of an issue "north-south" since the tile is covered by the vanity and toilet, but "east-west" it looks bad.

Oh lord. They claim in the reddit post that the rest of their transition strips in the house are screwed down, so it matches. Uhh...ok? Sure, whatever you say. I, too, love very visible screws in my flooring pieces, that don't even appear to be countersunk and stick up a 1/16" and will constantly catch on my socks.

Good God. I don't give two shits about the design or aesthetic they're going for (ok, I do slightly and the industrial-chic style HAS to be over with now, right? We've all been in too many breweries with concrete counters and Edison bulbs,) but how can they not see that sink is INCREDIBLY small and will just result in water being splashed everywhere from washing their hands?

I think it's obvious they just don't wash their hands.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Goddamn, that tile design demands extreme precision so why would you just wing it?

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

This is my favorite bit, they have to unscrew and remove the handle, then use a wrench to turn off the water supply.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

It's OK, that's a piece of the panelling leaning agaist the wall. See the first photo.

It's the type of tile job I would have done before someone with actual knowledge explained to me the aesthetic basics of tile installation. I was fortunate to receive instruction before ever doing tile work.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

PainterofCrap posted:

It's the type of tile job I would have done before someone with actual knowledge explained to me the aesthetic basics of tile installation. I was fortunate to receive instruction before ever doing tile work.

You just can't tell where tiles are going to end up!
- BeatmasterJ

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

To be honest that is probably how I would have done it and I'd be proud it ended up looking as good, but that is also the reason I don't intend to do any tiling.

I'll just carpet the bathroom instead.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

i'm the water damage on the floor that they just... don't even acknowledge

e: actually, they do acknowledge it. they claim the massive dark areas around every edge and under the toilet are just from "where my cat peed on it"

e2: i'm the lack of a picture looking in from outside the room. they mention they didn't measure the toilet, and you can see in a couple of the pics that it now probably sticks out past the door frame compared to the old one

Lutha Mahtin fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Mar 15, 2021

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

That's a nice floor

for my cat to pee on!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

The glowing positive comments on those pictures is a perfect example of why flipping houses by doing a lovely and tacky job works great. People are just too uneducated about the most expensive thing they'll likely ever buy to know any better.

It also looks like he used the same kind of grout both above and below the ditra. Which is wrong.