Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Taking a super short t break until the weekend when we turn upppp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

I've got a med card appointment this weekend. I legit have crazy joint pain in my shoulder and knee and thumb (dumb, fat, games, respectively)

Hopefully chronic pain/ arthritis at 33 is enough. The weed is good for this stuff.

I was having weird new pains in my right hand a year ago with all the extra videogame time in lockdown, and ditching the DS4 for an xbox core gamepad and my gaming mouse for a vertical mouse fixed everything even though I continued to play too many videogames. On the DS4 I couldn't get through a hades run without my thumb wanting to fall off and the slightly fatter Xbox gamepad cured this immediately.

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Mar 12, 2021

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
It's from KB+mouse. It's my jump/push to talk/run finger so it's just worn out from an unnatural motion.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

yea i switched to a vertical mouse for work about five years ago and it reduced my wrist pain enormously

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I got the dosing capsules for my Fury Edge and holy gently caress these things are awesome and I love them. Overall very happy about this purchase, thank you for the recommendation goons!!

also, a vertical mouse is a must if you work on a computer, like I don't know how a wrist could survive otherwise

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

bagmonkey posted:

I got the dosing capsules for my Fury Edge and holy gently caress these things are awesome and I love them. Overall very happy about this purchase, thank you for the recommendation goons!!

I have a fury edge and just vape flower. Are the dosing capsules for other stuff, or also for flower? If flower, what is the point/use?

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

redreader posted:

I have a fury edge and just vape flower. Are the dosing capsules for other stuff, or also for flower? If flower, what is the point/use?

As far as I know, it's just flower. It's mostly about pre-packing the capsules for transport. I think it also cooks the top of the bowl better? But I haven't finished my first one yet so I'm not 100% sure. It'll be real nice for like taking on a bike trip around town or something.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

I've got a med card appointment this weekend. I legit have crazy joint pain in my shoulder and knee and thumb (dumb, fat, games, respectively)

Hopefully chronic pain/ arthritis at 33 is enough. The weed is good for this stuff.

I've got a med card coming in 2 weeks.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Congrats! Did you get a provisional license? I was so excited when my physical card finally came.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Incredibly high and playing/watching loop hero for hours

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
My paperwork is approved, just needs to be processed.

Provisional electronic card should be in my inbox late next week.

Hard copy in about a month.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Guys, I've been munching on a 50mg edible all afternoon and I feel great

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I too am feeling pretty high

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34FNWQ9trY8

balls

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
i was real skeptical but the brilliant cut is a drat nice grinder. i only wish I’d maybe gotten a mixed color since the top and bottom look identical.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
hell yeah it is. welcome to the club. I still haven't cleaned mine and it still grinds smooooooooth

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Another great use of the Fury Edge dosing caps is making little mixed bowl sandwiches. I like to make them with shatter and kief.

Like so:
---------
Weed
Tiny Bit o' Shatter
Sprinkle of Kief
Weed
---------

Can do the same thing without the dosing caps for sure, but the caps make keeping everything clean a bit easier. If the caps get gooped up, you just drop them in a bit of iso and shake them up. Good to go.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I got some weed called TITS ("this is the poo poo") aka Sour Scout. It was described as a nice wake and bake weed, for doing stuff around the house. I vaped it at about 3pm and it put me on my rear end until about 5pm (I played a level of hitman 2), then I made dinner and did other house/family stuff, then when I was free at 7:30 I just sat down and did basically nothing for the rest of the evening. I couldn't bring myself to start watching or playing anything. Maybe packing the fury edge with it was too much, and I should only have like half a packed vape next time. But still, it seems like a good bed time weed instead of anything else.

I also got some Runtz because apparently it won some weed of the year thing last year, and it was decent. Didn't make me think 'a clear weed of the year winner, wow' or anything though.

I have noticed that with non-thcv strains that I'm not smoking at 430 (I do 370 or 400, depending on how I feel, I'm still trying it all out) I get way, way less anxiety. Or none. So I didn't have any this weekend for 15 minutes after smoking like I do with Durban Poison.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Anyone ever had pure delta-8 THC? I'm being marketed it from a CBD company I've used and they claim it is a bit of a cross between THC and CBD, like getting high but less chance of anxiety.

I'm a bit curious to check it out but has anyone else had any experience with that?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
apparently d8 is somewhat legit (in that it is a good weed substitute that can get you high) and not cross tolerant with regular d9 weed but ive heard mixed reviews as to its effects.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

There's a thread in tcc about it. Sounds like it's a bit too early to trust anyone selling it idk I'm in Australia so it doesn't apply to me.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Stopped smoking to get ahead of this piss test yesterday nd I went to the weed store to look for a cbd product to help me sleep because quitting always keeps me up.. Turns out (surprise surprise) that most every cbd product there is actually a ratio of thc. The only cbd product they had sans thc were these pills, which did the trick

titty_baby_ fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Mar 16, 2021

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Whenever I get new product at the dispensary, they show me the label before scanning it and I'm always perplexed why they don't show me the THC% instead of just the brand or whatever.
Leafly has been consistently wrong at providing the accurate amount for the past couple months and it has become rather upsetting.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
Because a lot of people aren’t judging quality by thc content anymore, and actual content can vary bud to bud?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Target Track Jacket posted:

Whenever I get new product at the dispensary, they show me the label before scanning it and I'm always perplexed why they don't show me the THC% instead of just the brand or whatever.
Leafly has been consistently wrong at providing the accurate amount for the past couple months and it has become rather upsetting.

The THC percentage is tested each batch, usually, but who knows how often that's updated by leafly. Don't just go for the strongest bud, sometimes that's not the best one!!

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Play posted:

Anyone ever had pure delta-8 THC? I'm being marketed it from a CBD company I've used and they claim it is a bit of a cross between THC and CBD, like getting high but less chance of anxiety.

I'm a bit curious to check it out but has anyone else had any experience with that?

It's still super sketchy, on the scale of sketchiness it's somewhere between synthetic weed on the bad side and CBD on the good side. Still too early to tell if it's gonna be a thing and lots of people taking advantage of the gray market to make $$$

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Here's an article about it from Well Respected Internet News Site "Ganjapreneur":

https://www.ganjapreneur.com/what-is-delta-8-thc/

The big problem is that it can be synthesized and that means that some people are going to cut corners, creating bad batches that gently caress unsuspecting people up who are just trying to find a way to deal with poo poo. If you trust the company's other products, no reason not to trust their Delta 8 stuff, but also be careful if you don't know the brand.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Had a hard time sleeping last night and when I did I got into the crazy dream phase of sobriety. As a triple whammy work from home just ended so I actually have to go in today, and we had a cold snap.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

titty_baby_ posted:

Had a hard time sleeping last night and when I did I got into the crazy dream phase of sobriety. As a triple whammy work from home just ended so I actually have to go in today, and we had a cold snap.
i had my first vaccine dose last night and have been skipping thc. it was harder to go to sleep last night without any bong rips, live resin, chocolate, joints, crumble, gummies, butter, blunts, nectar...

maybe i should see how long i can go without. having a friend who owns a dispensary is tough

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Friday nights only is the goal

It's like only drinking coffee Saturday afternoon but it's the goal

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I bought a bong off Brothers with Glass with my stimulus check. Hopefully arrives tomorrow, will post pictures if I remember. Yeehaw!!

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I got the glass adapter w my fury edge and it fits fine in the bubbler I have. Haven't used it yet though as I'm taking a t break

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

just bought an arizer solo 2 with my stimulus vape check

anyone recommend a water pipe or bubbler to go along with this?

hope and vaseline fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Mar 17, 2021

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

hope and vaseline posted:

just bought an arizer solo 2 with my stimulus vape check

anyone recommend a water pipe or bubbler to go along with this?

Two places I checked out were Daily High Club and Brothers with Glass. A lot of the other ones who chock full of similar-ish bongs/pipes that were obviously mass manufactured. Ended up buying a beaker-lookin' bong from BwG, will let y'all know how it is when I get it!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Those expensive grinders people were talking about on the last few pages look cool as hell and reviews are great but man I have a hard time justifying more than $50 for a grinder. I do like the pretty colors though... :ohdear:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I bought my spacecase 15 years ago off a friend. So those are what I suggest, but they definitely break the $50 barrier. Just plan on keeping something like that a long time and you'll get the value from it.

Also not getting it confiscated helps, so keep it safe at home most of the time.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I bought my spacecase 15 years ago off a friend. So those are what I suggest, but they definitely break the $50 barrier. Just plan on keeping something like that a long time and you'll get the value from it.

Also not getting it confiscated helps, so keep it safe at home most of the time.

I got my Spacecase like... about 8 years ago? Simple two piece small-ish size grinder... Thing requires regular cleaning, but it's a flawless grinder otherwise. I've tried tons of others and nothing compares, honestly

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

bagmonkey posted:

I've tried tons of others and nothing compares, honestly

Like, to the point that this song popped into my head thinking about that grinder. It's just a perfect thing that does exactly what it's supposed to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-EF60neguk

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I used a mortar and pestle the last time I had to prep/decarb fresh weed. Did I supremely gently caress it up? Is a purpose-made grinder that much better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
A good metal grinder can and will last you forever. You can clean them with iso. I have a nice one i like a lot already but that magnetic centering one with interchangeable platter is pretty tempting..