Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

you broke my grill posted:

need young high schooler to cut my grass

lmao, can't get a job without job experience even as a kid now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

Nextdoor: I'm interested in retaining the services of a young man

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
Nextdoor gets a bad rap but maybe I just live in a nicer community, because near me all the posts are pretty pleasant.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
PICK UP YOUR DOG POOP. Hi folks,

Just wanted to let you know that if you left dog poop anywhere in our neighborhood, I have collected the DNA from it and will be able to trace it back to you the next time it happens.

This is your first and final warning. Once the DNA is identified I will share pictures of you and your dog so everyone knows who the perpetrator is.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I can't tell the difference between the real ones and the fake ones, which sucks because I just want to see the crazy real ones.

Nothing too exciting in my neighborhood. Usually found cats/dogs.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
The DNA one is real

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Dear Watson posted:

The DNA one is real

:|

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Accompanying the photo is the text:

Nextdoor lady posted:

Porch thrift. Woman at 11:08 stole a pottery planter and a box. When I opened my door she was in her Dark SUV in front of my house she then drove off.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

I thought that was one of those "paranormal caught on camera" sort of pictures. That's creepy as hell.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
When a bunch of my friends were teenagers they used to engage in 'reverse gnoming' where instead of nicking stuff from people's yards like normal teenage miscreants, they would buy a bunch of cheap garden gnomes and tastefully arrange them in random people's front gardens under cover of darkness. Generally there would be one per house, occasionally there would be a tableau of up to 15 gnomes.

I need to see what kind of a reaction this would elicit from Nextdoor users. It would be amazing.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Today has been a good day on nextdoor

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Dear Watson posted:

Today has been a good day on nextdoor

Stay safe, ahegao ghost.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
this morning someone on nextdoor posted to watch out for attacks or harassment towards our asian residents

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

this morning someone on nextdoor posted to watch out for attacks or harassment towards our asian residents

I'm not sure whether to interpret this as meaning they were trying to be prosocial and have neighbors be alert and protective of the Asian residents or if they were like trying to sell tickets to it or something.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
nah they just wanted people to look out for their folks

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

Uh that first emoji means white power.

Shoshie
Nov 22, 2007

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Nextdoor gets a bad rap but maybe I just live in a nicer community, because near me all the posts are pretty pleasant.

I joined NextDoor reluctantly because of the bad reputation, but was pleasantly surprised. The feed for my area can get some "CITY COUNCIL TRYING TO DESTROY THE CITY" posts, but my neighborhood is actually really nice, and mostly just people posting their latest woodworking projects or asking for a handyman. The area I live in is a good community though, and has its own newsletter and stuff. It's nice.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
LOOKING FOR HUMANOID MALE TO CLEANSE MY SUBTERRANEAN STORAGE SPACE

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Breetai posted:

When a bunch of my friends were teenagers they used to engage in 'reverse gnoming' where instead of nicking stuff from people's yards like normal teenage miscreants, they would buy a bunch of cheap garden gnomes and tastefully arrange them in random people's front gardens under cover of darkness. Generally there would be one per house, occasionally there would be a tableau of up to 15 gnomes.

I need to see what kind of a reaction this would elicit from Nextdoor users. It would be amazing.

Probably a good way to get shot anymore.

e: it's pretty funny though and the reaction would be incredible I'm sure

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Rude woman staring Yesterday at 7:21 pm a very rude woman stared at me. I said don't ever stare at me or my large adult son again.

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

you broke my grill posted:

need young high schooler to cut my grass

adolescent yikes

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

does everyone who signs up for nextdoor get an email from a "neighborhood representative" or whatever?

i did and it felt like being in a housing association. nothing against the lady who sent the message but they def know who everyone is. technically your address is visible so it is pretty hosed up really. like, i don't give a poo poo if barabara hasn't cut her grass but if she passes away let me know for sure. hell if she needs a strong man to come over and mow her lawn, make her an ice tea, trim her bushes, i mean heck why wouldn't i. nothin like having some neighbors behind your back

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Well you let her know if you find a strong man

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

no pubes yet sorry posted:

does everyone who signs up for nextdoor get an email from a "neighborhood representative" or whatever?

Nope, never.

Condolences on your upcoming murder.

BULLETKISS
Jul 3, 2003

Real post:

BARKING DOGS. Hey guys & gals! Valiant here with my pack!! Please remember, a barking dog is an alarm. It could be people walking by, kids playing in front of your house or that somebody stopped by your driveway at 3:00AM to break into and steal your truck!!
I hear how people dislike barking dogs. If it is a const thing for one neighbors dog, contact Animal Control so they can check on the animal’s welfare. If is NOT a common thing to hear the barking in the wee hours of the morn’ look out your front & back windows WITHOUT turning the lights in your home (harder for you to see out). It may be a stray cat, lost dog or somebody up to no good.
Also, REMEMBER dogs are PACK animals. If there are allowed in the house, played with and cuddled, your home and you become part of the pack that the dog will protect.

Leave the animal in a grate in a garage all the time, the only territory he/she will be concerned about protecting is that garage. PERIOD.

If you fear the dog will have accidents in the home, learn how to house real the dog. Give him/her a specific area where he can pee if he has to go & you are not there. They do make DOG BOXES, similar to a cat box. You can train the dog to use that box.

If the dog IS treated like family, allowed in the house, knows where he can go potty & or how to tell you he needs to go out, he will WANT to protect the ENTIRE HOUSE from strangers; alarm when he hears unusual noises outside (no matter the hour). He/she will patrol the house and especially your kids rooms.

The dog will not be inclined to protect what he does not know and what he is told ‘...no dog (his name) you CAN NOT go in there!’ Allow him access into the home, back yard (when home) & into the garage (when you are home) he WILL bark to protect all of those areas and the entire family which has His Pack.

Remember neighbors living next to a home with a dog, barking at strange hours IS cause for concern because he is tell the neighborhood to be on the look out!! It may be an Owl flying by or a person readying to break into your car or home!!

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

From a "help me ID this bird" thread:

BULLETKISS
Jul 3, 2003

Real post:

Found the snitch car. Looks like the HOA snitch for the xxxx drives a newer Dodge Charger.

...then proceeded to post a picture of the car.

Comments varied from they wish that snitch would be in their neighborhood because their neighbor leaves their trash cans out all the time, to someone saying HOAs are useless because they got a fee for parking a vehicle in the road. The vehicle was their moving van...as they were moving in.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

BULLETKISS posted:

Real post:

BARKING DOGS. Hey guys & gals! Valiant here with my pack!! Please remember, a barking dog is an alarm. It could be people walking by, kids playing in front of your house or that somebody stopped by your driveway at 3:00AM to break into and steal your truck!!
I hear how people dislike barking dogs. If it is a const thing for one neighbors dog, contact Animal Control so they can check on the animal’s welfare. If is NOT a common thing to hear the barking in the wee hours of the morn’ look out your front & back windows WITHOUT turning the lights in your home (harder for you to see out). It may be a stray cat, lost dog or somebody up to no good.
Also, REMEMBER dogs are PACK animals. If there are allowed in the house, played with and cuddled, your home and you become part of the pack that the dog will protect.

Leave the animal in a grate in a garage all the time, the only territory he/she will be concerned about protecting is that garage. PERIOD.

If you fear the dog will have accidents in the home, learn how to house real the dog. Give him/her a specific area where he can pee if he has to go & you are not there. They do make DOG BOXES, similar to a cat box. You can train the dog to use that box.

If the dog IS treated like family, allowed in the house, knows where he can go potty & or how to tell you he needs to go out, he will WANT to protect the ENTIRE HOUSE from strangers; alarm when he hears unusual noises outside (no matter the hour). He/she will patrol the house and especially your kids rooms.

The dog will not be inclined to protect what he does not know and what he is told ‘...no dog (his name) you CAN NOT go in there!’ Allow him access into the home, back yard (when home) & into the garage (when you are home) he WILL bark to protect all of those areas and the entire family which has His Pack.

Remember neighbors living next to a home with a dog, barking at strange hours IS cause for concern because he is tell the neighborhood to be on the look out!! It may be an Owl flying by or a person readying to break into your car or home!!

Sounds like the neighbors have been complaining about their dogs.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Aww hell my Nextdoor is wholesome as gently caress people are exchanging hedgehog care tips, posting photos of their pets and asking for cupcake recipes. Am I doing this wrong? Should I move to a worse area?

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

Uh that first emoji means white power.

The second is a threat to remove their hearts.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I am a professional dog thief - ask me anything.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Frank Frank posted:

What's the easiest dog to steal? The hardest?

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Frank Frank posted:

What, if any, are the differences between a dog thief and a cat burglar?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Zil posted:

What's the easiest dog to steal? The hardest?

A) The ones with handles and lightweight carrying cases are the easiest to steal.

B) Those wrinkly dogs are super hard to steal because it’s very hard to get a grip on them.

life is killing me posted:

What, if any, are the differences between a dog thief and a cat burglar?

One steals dogs, the other steals FROM wealthy cats.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Frank Frank posted:

One steals dogs, the other steals FROM wealthy cats.

gently caress how did I not see it

BULLETKISS
Jul 3, 2003

Lost money. Congrats to whoever found the 830 plus dollars I lost at Smiths. Lord musta felt ya needed it more than me and mine.
#wheredidallthehonestonesgo

BULLETKISS
Jul 3, 2003

Becoming our own. Don’t you think we should separate from xxxxx and become our own city? Why? Well for one thing I hate when I enter our zip code it enters things miles away. I also would like our own police since the ones here have too much of an area to cover. Have our own mayor etc. what do you think. Let’s get incorporated

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Incorporating your own town as a whites only suburb is the ultimate HOA.

The local one is having crisis after crisis as every large office they skillfully included in their borders for a tax base are utilizing a reincorporation clause to go back to a city that has an actual service plan besides "1. Tax offices 2. ??? 3. Whites only schools"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Nextdoor users' imaginations go places sometimes