Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I can't wait for this series to end and we get the sequel series: My Hero Academia: Year Two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

rannum posted:

boku no hero academia? no no, the card is all wrong

Boku? No Hero Acadaemia!

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

rannum posted:

Boku? No Hero Acadaemia!

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

It feels weird to have everything lurch forward into the final arc, but a series like this could theoretically run forever, so it has to hit the accelerator and make everything fall over sooner or later, and now is as good a time for it as any I guess.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I don't mind the idea of a shounen moving to an ending at this number of chapters or anything, but I dunno, it still seems a little abrupt to me. Like, the... Momentum I guess of most of the arcs before this doesn't seem to lead to us being in the endgame here.

Back when the school festival with Eri and someone said that we're only, what, three months away in universe from Deku gaining a grip more superpowers and leaving school to fight the Ultimate Evil it would sound mental to me then.

The manga feels to me like it's almost missing a middle to the story, or at least a big chunk of it. Maybe I'm just brain poisoned from reading One Piece, Naruto, Hunter x Hunter etc for nearly half my life.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Eraserhead is gonna be blind by the series' end isn't he? :ohdear:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Rohan Kishibe posted:

I don't mind the idea of a shounen moving to an ending at this number of chapters or anything, but I dunno, it still seems a little abrupt to me. Like, the... Momentum I guess of most of the arcs before this doesn't seem to lead to us being in the endgame here.

Back when the school festival with Eri and someone said that we're only, what, three months away in universe from Deku gaining a grip more superpowers and leaving school to fight the Ultimate Evil it would sound mental to me then.

The manga feels to me like it's almost missing a middle to the story, or at least a big chunk of it. Maybe I'm just brain poisoned from reading One Piece, Naruto, Hunter x Hunter etc for nearly half my life.

Honestly the series spun it's loving wheels for close to 100 chapters so you're definitely right

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Chapter title contrariwise, I think we're easily 100+ chapters from the actual end of MHA, even if this is the beginning of the final arc.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I'd have preferred this in a hypothetical second year where deku has 50% or more control of ofa I think. Like deku getting access to the other powers and not blowing his limbs up seem a bit disconnected

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/XoxoMika_213/status/1373720431341932546?s=20

I'm all for a Rescue Slap Some Sense into Deku and drag him back to UA Arc staring Uraraka

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Inko gonna awaken her quirk and just pull Midoriya to her.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I wonder what kind of characters Izuku is going to run into in his stint as a vigilante.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Supersonic Shine posted:

I wonder what kind of characters Izuku is going to run into in his stint as a vigilante.

I've seen some speculation that he's in America right now based on the statue he's standing on. If that's true, I hope he runs into Captain Celebrity.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

rannum posted:

Boku? No Hero Acadaemia!
thread title

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Rhonne posted:

I've seen some speculation that he's in America right now based on the statue he's standing on. If that's true, I hope he runs into Captain Celebrity.

The statue of... Femto?

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

The statue of... Femto?

I didn't watch any of the movies but weird gargoyles sticking out of a skyscraper is more of a Batman Gotham thing than Japan imo. Could just be a shoutout of course. That and for whatever reason AfO didn't pursue All Might there, so it makes sense if he's just reduxing his mentor. If it is the US I hope it's really messed up and makes Midoriya want to totally change hero society, even if structural issues aren't really a focus of this manga. EL PROBLEMO ES EL CAPITALISMO!

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
Deku's plan to keep everyone else safe by staying away is flawed because AFO/Tomura can just... attack UA anyway to force Deku to come to him?

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

I agree and hope this is a plot point! Teamwork is the name of the game! No showboating!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/morningmoonmeme/status/1373812101022683139

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I got a feeling we're gonna get the "You think I'd let you do this on your own?" thing.

If anything, I kinda wonder if there's gonna be some time gap where the third movie takes place.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I hope we get some chapters of Deku's journey on his own before his inevitable reunion with his friends. I also want to see some chapters showing how the rest of the class are dealing with all this, as well as that awkward moment when Shinso takes Deku's empty spot in the class.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
You know what? Maybe we get an arc or two where Deku just isn’t around before we check in with him again. That’d be cool

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

christmas boots posted:

You know what? Maybe we get an arc or two where Deku just isn’t around before we check in with him again. That’d be cool

AoT did this, it didn't end well...for everybody.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

christmas boots posted:

100 chapters of Deku explaining what his friends told him with all the art filtered through what he thinks happened.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Electric Phantasm posted:

100 chapters of Deku explaining what his friends told him with all the art filtered through what he thinks happened.

Xenogears: the manga

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Aurubin posted:

AoT did this, it didn't end well...for everybody.

I was thinking more of a Monster or 20th Century Boys kinda thing

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

christmas boots posted:

I was thinking more of a Monster or 20th Century Boys kinda thing

Deku and Dr. Tenma probably would understand each other pretty well.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Rhonne posted:

That's......accurate.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Rhonne posted:

Yeah, the little talk with Nana suggests that he and Tenma would be on the same page.

And hey, with his usual habits, finding a doctor would be very, very useful.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

It's revealed that the whole issue was caused by Deku like Dr Tenma since it's a time loop where he saved Shigaraki but not his family and left him with his quirk.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Mar 22, 2021

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Rhonne posted:

I am a hero. I wear a cape. I say things like "I am here." Domo.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Rhonne posted:

It reminded me of gargoyles from the Chrysler Building, but it's probably not that.

Seems likely that it's a homage to a scene from a movie but I just can't think of what it is. Maybe Batman 1989.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It looks a lot like a particular Batman comic cover I can't remember.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Just wanted to say, that bit where the Endeavor stan was going, "Aw man, he should have just lied about the abuse allegations!" was depressingly realistic.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Fabricated posted:

It looks a lot like a particular Batman comic cover I can't remember.

There are dozens of hits for "batman standing on gargoyle" that look similar.

Ugh I was going to embed a couple of examples but getting the image links on the phone is way too cumbersome

SKULL.GIF fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Mar 23, 2021

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

The Jim Lee one is probably the one that's freshest on people's mind.

Of course he also did an analogous picture for Superman.

Is Deku a Dark Knight or a Man of Tomorrow?

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
Deku is one billion percent a Man of Tomorrow.

It's bird boy who's the Dark Knight.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I thought Deku was turning into Spider-Man.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mraagvpeine posted:

I thought Deku was turning into Spider-Man.

Don't be ridiculous, he merely unlocked long whiplike tendrils, super strength and the ability to sense incoming danger.

(And I guess flight.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Deku's eyes when he was in berserker mode vs Shigaraki definitely had a Spidey/Venom look to it.