Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I feel like I'm having a stroke when people say Nuts and Bolts was great because I remember it being very bad. Like removed from the Banjo aspect of it it just felt janky and empty and a miserable experience to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Conker's Bad Fur Day is probably the closest thing we'll ever get to a Viz video game, so even if it's not actually all that great I have to like it just for that.

I also think that the Banjo games (never played Nuts n Bolts) have aged slightly better than most people seem to think.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Some people are insane and think Mario 64 aged badly

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i replayed mario 64 over christmas and it was great and i had a great time. i’m not going to get all the stars and sure the camera was a little wonky but if you’re going to say it sucks you can meet me by the bleachers

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

NienNunb posted:

I feel like I'm having a stroke when people say Nuts and Bolts was great because I remember it being very bad. Like removed from the Banjo aspect of it it just felt janky and empty and a miserable experience to play.

I made a semi functional Lanky Kong battle mech with some friends so I have a very specific good memory of that game, but otherwise it was dingleberried rear end

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

NienNunb posted:

just depends how much you like building funny vehicles to gently caress around in. i liked that a lot.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

NienNunb posted:

Some people are insane and think Mario 64 aged badly
Yeah, they're insane because it was poo poo in 1996, too.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Harvest Moon 64 was great, one of the best in the series imo

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

now i'm not saying that something as simple as a videogame opinion would cause me to go completely off the deep end, leading to my arrest and execution at the hands of the state. but i'm also not saying that it wouldn't.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

You are the devil

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I knew a real freak in middle school who said Mario games were bad because there weren't enough guns in them. I feel like he grew up to be some of you.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Imagine still being a Sega Kid(tm) in the year two thousand and twenty one lmfao

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Bluedeanie posted:

Imagine still being a Sega Kid(tm) in the year two thousand and twenty one lmfao

Stop targeting me.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Jet Force Gemini also ruled real hard

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

yea ok posted:

been binge watching attack on titan. did i post about this already? it's not very good but i'm trying to be more of a normie. the real monster is man just fyi

I really loved the first two seasons, but I feel like it's gotten worse ever since. At this point I just straight up hate the latest season, with all the pretentious "akshually, both sides are evil", constant face and heel turns, killing off fan favorites for heat, all while focusing on a main character who was always a hero you were suppose to cheer for, who in this last season has just become an overpowered POS. And yet most hardcore fans consider this product the best it's ever been.

I guess Attack on Titan is the WWE of Anime at this point.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Germansimp posted:

I really loved the first two seasons, but I feel like it's gotten worse ever since. At this point I just straight up hate the latest season, with all the pretentious "akshually, both sides are evil", constant face and heel turns, killing off fan favorites for heat, all while focusing on a main character who was always a hero you were suppose to cheer for, who in this last season has just become an overpowered POS. And yet most hardcore fans consider this product the best it's ever been.

I guess Attack on Titan is the WWE of Anime at this point.

lol. yeah i'm half way through s3 part 1 right now, besides the first season being mostly slide shows the actual content of it wasn't half bad. i'll finish it because why the hell not i got nothin but time, but having two twists every ep is wearing thin

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Bluedeanie posted:

im gonna kill you in overwatch 2 after we randomly find each other through matchmaking again

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i watched the first few eps of attack on titan and thought they were doing something really cool by the 3rd or 4th ep when they just fuckin killed off the main character after investing all that time into him, just completely hit you in the face with Nobody in this series is safe but then he just came back like an episode later and it made me not want to bother anymore

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

got an amazing watcher deck together and hosed it all up with the stupidest relic

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

NienNunb posted:

I knew a real freak in middle school who said Mario games were bad because there weren't enough guns in them. I feel like he grew up to be some of you.

that guy needs to get beat up real bad

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

what if Mario had a meatball bazooka though

like Crash Bandicoot's wampa fruit bazooka

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Junpei Hyde posted:

Watching Snyderleague

it was ok

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Harvest Moon 64 was great, one of the best in the series imo

word

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The only good Mario games are the RPGs

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

I Before E posted:

See, this checks out.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

I Before E posted:

sounds like somebody is bad at jumpmans

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

WatermelonGun posted:

sounds like somebody is bad at jumpmans

They absolutely are terrible at them lmfao

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

NienNunb posted:

They absolutely are terrible at them lmfao

I'm dogshit at platforming, I will admit it

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Playing Mario 64 for the first time was one of those 'suddenly realizing the potential of video games' moments for me and I will never let it go

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I played Mario 64 for the first time last year and I enjoyed it a lot. Bowser's Fury is still good in the postgame also

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

what the hell is this. how do people make things like this.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

it's the perfect game.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

the best part of Mario 64 is stretching Mario's face out on the title screen

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Half A Press

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I more or less 100% Mario Odyssey at least once a year. It's the best moving around in a video game has ever felt.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

BS that guy doesn't play switch

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
Harvest Moon 64 is the best Harvest Moon. I am still looking for the person who frames 80s James hetfield

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

The best harvest moon is a tie between A Wonderful Life and Another Wonderful Life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I like the SNES Harvest Moon a lot. Haven't played it in a post-Stardew world, don't know how it would feel to play that now.