Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Ror posted:

i keep meaning to take a t-break, but man do i like getting high. it would probably be good for my broken brain.

My brain is definitely broken but I look at marijuana as the engine oil that keeps the whole shitheap running at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

grinding weed with your fingers is easy imo the main advantage of a grinder is that it saves kief and other little tiny bits that might otherwise get wasted. its nice to have that little cache of crystal build up in the bottom

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

and not getting your hands all resiny

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
yeah I have a 4-piece grinder with a kief catcher and I have no loving idea what to do with that poo poo. I want to mix it back into my weed but which of my weeds should I put it in???? A good weed or a bad weed?

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

redreader posted:

yeah I have a 4-piece grinder with a kief catcher and I have no loving idea what to do with that poo poo. I want to mix it back into my weed but which of my weeds should I put it in???? A good weed or a bad weed?

Make a kief sandwich in your favorite bowl and smoke/vape it. I think if you compress it first it burns more evenly in a bowl.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Just smoke it, yo.

Put it on bad weed to make it better. Put it on good weed to make it better. Put it on hemp flower if you smoke that poo poo, I guess.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

boo that grinders for life thingy won't fulfill orders for 7 weeks

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Yeah it takes some time, I didn't get mine til like 2-2 1/2 months after I ordered. It's worth the wait.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Pandemic economy. Raw materials from China are kinda hard to get when all the ships are just chilling off the coast of cali full of poo poo ordered when trump was still in office.

My portion of fun stimmybux went to ordering a cheap digital piano to learn on, because video games aren't terribly productive. Beating on the piano probably won't be either, but I need something else to do.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
I don’t think Brilliant Cut ships slow because of supply constraints. It’s because the thing isn’t really designed for mass production. It’s all CNC, but theyre clearly doing a bunch of toolchanges and human steps.

I’m most annoyed that I paid for expedited shipping, and Canadapost got it to SFO in 3 days, but USPS let it sit around for a month *after* clearing customs. Fuckin DeJoy.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

and not getting your hands all resiny

this, kief stash, and you can grind however much you require ahead of time then not have to mess with it rest of the day. if you smoke often it is a no brainer ???

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Pandemic economy. Raw materials from China are kinda hard to get when all the ships are just chilling off the coast of cali full of poo poo ordered when trump was still in office.

My portion of fun stimmybux went to ordering a cheap digital piano to learn on, because video games aren't terribly productive. Beating on the piano probably won't be either, but I need something else to do.

I really want a little keyboard but the feeling that it would just end up in a corner gathering dust like my guitars is too strong to ignore.

Keyboards seem more fun and easier than guitars though. That's how I start talking myself into it again.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
grinder folks you havent lived until you watch your cousin or brother break down weed by hand, and roll a blunt on a notebook while driving the whole time
some people just live really dangerously

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Sjs00 posted:

grinder folks you havent lived until you watch your cousin or brother break down weed by hand, and roll a blunt on a notebook while driving the whole time

I can barely break down and pack a bowl with my hands while I'm parked

Sharpstone forever

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Sjs00 posted:

A lot of this thread is probably feeling a little guilty reading that.

I mean skilled at multitasking. Yeah, multitasking.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
part of my enjoyment is the ritual, kind of like a tea ceremony. i load the buds in the grinder the same way, turn it the same way, empty it into the intermediate vessel the same way, etc...
it's very relaxing. sometimes when i am anxious i will roll a joint and not even smoke it

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

butt dickus posted:

part of my enjoyment is the ritual, kind of like a tea ceremony. i load the buds in the grinder the same way, turn it the same way, empty it into the intermediate vessel the same way, etc...
it's very relaxing. sometimes when i am anxious i will roll a joint and not even smoke it

Actually, that's something I've been meaning to ask. For all you grinder people, how do you pack the flower into whatever you're smoking from? I personally use those heavy card stock mailers, just fold it in half, empty bud on to it, use the crease to get max bud into bowl. Bam.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i just pick it out of the chamber of the grinder with my hands and pack it into the bowl. the little two piece grinders are kind of a hassle

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i use the little plastic scraper they all come with to shovel it over

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I bought a lego shovel for the express purpose of loading my Mighty.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I've toked a gravity bong once driving to work just to say that I did it.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
i use one of the little plastic cylinders that weed comes in from some places. i'm not sure where from, but friends have brought them over and left them here over the years. you can bend them easily with your fingers to change the shape of the opening for pouring into/dispensing from. and if you grind up too much, you can just close it up and leave it in there for next time

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

butt dickus posted:

i use one of the little plastic cylinders that weed comes in from some places. i'm not sure where from, but friends have brought them over and left them here over the years. you can bend them easily with your fingers to change the shape of the opening for pouring into/dispensing from. and if you grind up too much, you can just close it up and leave it in there for next time

A what now

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
They're like film canisters with a flip top lid.

Remember when film photography was a thing and you had to keep your rolls in plastic canisters? Basically those things.

One of these:

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Mar 24, 2021

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

dealer gave me a lighter with his phone number on it
i know hope hes probably not a cop but i am still unsure about actually buying anything

honestly in the past ive just got it from friends who had bought it from someone, probably doesnt help that i have crippling social anxiety

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

They're like film canisters with a flip top lid.

Remember when film photography was a thing and you had to keep your rolls in plastic canisters? Basically those things.

One of these:

Oh yeah ok I was not understanding what I was reading lol

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

hbag posted:

dealer gave me a lighter with his phone number on it
i know hope hes probably not a cop but i am still unsure about actually buying anything

honestly in the past ive just got it from friends who had bought it from someone, probably doesnt help that i have crippling social anxiety

Don't ever text any words that mean weed or buying or money, ask him if he's free or can hang out, he'll know what you mean

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Cops are usually trying to bust dealers, not consumers.

I mean, they'll take consumers when given the opportunity, when they smell it in your car or you just look not white. Depending on how lovely your town is with weed, it's not outside the realm of possibility. Typically that's used to wrangle felony weight movers, not some rando wanting an eighth. If your town cops aren't occupied by other problems, odds of fuckery go up, however. Bored cops cause more trouble than bored teenagers.

Maybe google that phone number, see what it turns up. I'd say call from a pay phone but lol.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Inspector Hound posted:

Don't ever text any words that mean weed or buying or money, ask him if he's free or can hang out, he'll know what you mean

yea
the only day we'd even be in the same city is the 1 day a week i get the train to go to my in-person uni lecture so if i ever do it itd have to be then (because gently caress getting a whole rear end train ride for just that lmao)

although there's still the issue of my anxiety - talking to people i dont already know very well is pretty panic-inducing (unless its via some medium where i can trick my subconscious into thinking they're not real - like a forum lol)

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

hbag posted:

yea
the only day we'd even be in the same city is the 1 day a week i get the train to go to my in-person uni lecture so if i ever do it itd have to be then (because gently caress getting a whole rear end train ride for just that lmao)

although there's still the issue of my anxiety - talking to people i dont already know very well is pretty panic-inducing (unless its via some medium where i can trick my subconscious into thinking they're not real - like a forum lol)

You'll do fine

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
From the blessed images thread:

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

Play posted:

My brain is definitely broken but I look at marijuana as the engine oil that keeps the whole shitheap running at all

i keep telling myself to take a t break, then i go without it for like a day and my mind starts collapsing

coincidentally my dealer is really inconsistent, i may get a full break anyway

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

The Modern Leper posted:

Legit hypnotic

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
holy poo poo t-break dreams are nuts. cool, sometimes, though; i was phoenix wright and i got someone off a murder rap

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

nishi koichi posted:

holy poo poo t-break dreams are nuts. cool, sometimes, though; i was phoenix wright and i got someone off a murder rap

I think I get bursts of dreams when I’m coming off tolerance, and they’re always surreal. I don’t like it, mainly bc I’d wake up three times a night.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
yeah i only sleep for 30 min to 2 hours at a time when i’m coming off substances, it bites. might as well enjoy the cool poo poo

my dreams are rarely good like this :/

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
or just use signal and text the word weed as much as you like

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

unpleasantly turgid posted:

I think I get bursts of dreams when I’m coming off tolerance, and they’re always surreal. I don’t like it, mainly bc I’d wake up three times a night.

Time time around, I haven't hit the crazy dream phase yet. Sleeping like poo poo, sure, but the dreams aren't vivid af this time around. Melatonin has helped me transition past the sleeplessness, but doesn't work the same for everyone

The Modern Leper posted:

I miss the fuckin' poo poo out of outdoor music festivals

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

nishi koichi posted:

i dreamed i witnessed a murder a few days ago :gibs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

gonna smoke up with my mom tomorrow night
in minecraft