Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
You should ask them if anyone recently wrote DEAD in their garbage can. They might have been targeted by evil satanists earlier in the week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Cat burglary gone horribly wrong

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Looking for someone to fix some things

Looking for a handyman or maybe a motivated teenager (we'll see!) to handle a few minor jobs around my house. Can pay $8 an hour, maximum of $40 per job:

1) Need new mulch around flower beds. You will need to provide the mulch. Approx. 500 square feet

2) Weird "wet spot" on floor. I don't know what this is, hoping you can resolve.

3) Basement noises. Regularly hear loud bangs (like gunshots!) coming from basement wall. Why? Sometimes accompanied by strange smell.

4) Toilet needs flushed 10-15 times. I know WHY this happens (Dem low-flow issues and WAY TOO much regulation) but where can I get "a good toilet", ie the ones Pres. Trump mentioned on TV? I will obviously pay for the toilet, no price too high.

5) Walls are leaking "sap" like substance. Just in my bedroom. It tastes sweet and smells like tree sap. Comes out of wall whenever I turn on ceiling fan.

Again, need somebody who "knows their stuff" but doesn't overcharge here. Not looking to break the bank, just find out what the sap is.

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

A Fancy Hat posted:

Looking for someone to fix some things

Looking for a handyman or maybe a motivated teenager (we'll see!) to handle a few minor jobs around my house. Can pay $8 an hour, maximum of $40 per job:

1) Need new mulch around flower beds. You will need to provide the mulch. Approx. 500 square feet

2) Weird "wet spot" on floor. I don't know what this is, hoping you can resolve.

3) Basement noises. Regularly hear loud bangs (like gunshots!) coming from basement wall. Why? Sometimes accompanied by strange smell.

4) Toilet needs flushed 10-15 times. I know WHY this happens (Dem low-flow issues and WAY TOO much regulation) but where can I get "a good toilet", ie the ones Pres. Trump mentioned on TV? I will obviously pay for the toilet, no price too high.

5) Walls are leaking "sap" like substance. Just in my bedroom. It tastes sweet and smells like tree sap. Comes out of wall whenever I turn on ceiling fan.

Again, need somebody who "knows their stuff" but doesn't overcharge here. Not looking to break the bank, just find out what the sap is.

You are an evil genius. Any one of these would be diabolical; together, you've created insight into the inner world of an old lunatic who was tricked into buying a house inside of a gigantic, haunted mushroom and have never figured it out since. Bless you!

Hasturtium fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Mar 22, 2021

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Everything on nextdoor is gunshots. Literally everything.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Frank Frank posted:

Everything on nextdoor is gunshots. Literally everything.

My neighborhood bulletin board had a post Saturday morning that just said "Heard loud sound (gunshots?) near Sardis Rd, what's up?" and the first reply was "That's the firing range" lol.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

A Fancy Hat posted:

My neighborhood bulletin board had a post Saturday morning that just said "Heard loud sound (gunshots?) near Sardis Rd, what's up?" and the first reply was "That's the firing range" lol.
I know that area. Would you like a stick figure family or clown chalk drawing on your front window?

edit:
Mind blowing. It still amazes me how many unpleasant looks l get having a pit bull who's always on a leash and well behaved. I get all dogs are not the same but it's very dissatisfying trying to walk my dog and hearing remarks on the greenway. In regards to me and my dog. I always am respectful to other animals and owners and the same in return would be appreciated. Too much going on in the world to be being rude to someone in your neighborhood because of personal issues. To the neighbors who always stop and speak thank you. Really means a lot.

temple fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Mar 22, 2021

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

lol here's a real one, watch out folks:

quote:

Silver car with flat passage tire. Silver Honda vehicle with flat front passenger tire. I have reported this information to the police.
Posted in Safety to 21 neighborhoods

That's the entire post. No location, no other details.

Thank god you called the cops for a car with a flat tire and then posted about it to 21 loving neighborhoods. God only knows that someone out there not be alerted their car has a flat at walmart or some poo poo.
e: Also, I'm in a LARGE semi-rural 'neighborhood' and surrounded by the like, so posting to 21 of them is probably covering most of the city of Green Bay and out to the north and west as far as who knows what, the northwoods maybe, lol. OK! WOW! Well I'm glad a car 75 miles from me has a flat tire! I'll keep my eyes peeled!

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Mar 22, 2021

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

This loving rules!

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

I see they don't call it the washing-bear for nothing.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

What's up with the rear end cheek catchers on the toilet. Also that racoon looks a little too kempt, like competes in dog shows for racoons or something.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Jimlit posted:

What's up with the rear end cheek catchers on the toilet. Also that racoon looks a little too kempt, like competes in dog shows for racoons or something.

I'm guessing it's a training seat for a toddler.

And I've seen well-kempt raccoons in the wild, so that doesn't seem too weird to me.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
IMO the highlights of nextdoor are when tweakers living in rvs get on there and fight with the conservative small biz owners who want them run outta the neighborhood. Always good for a laugh so long as no one gets hurt

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Never thought I'd root for tweakers

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

how many detectives do you think the police have assigned to investigate this ding dong ditch

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

I don't know why NextDoor doesn't add "I have reported this information to the police" to every message, save people the effort of typing it out each time

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
i think it does actually. there is some box you can check, and it does exactly that

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

My late mother had a raccoon as a pet, it's favorite treat was marshmallows. And yes, it would wash all of its food in water, including those marshmallows, and that made for a very sad raccoon.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Solkanar512 posted:

My late mother had a raccoon as a pet, it's favorite treat was marshmallows. And yes, it would wash all of its food in water, including those marshmallows, and that made for a very sad raccoon.

IIRC the name for raccoons in Chinese is 'wash bear'.

Frazzbo
Feb 2, 2006

Thistle dubh

Ghost Leviathan posted:

IIRC the name for raccoons in Chinese is 'wash bear'.

Same in German: Waschbär.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

CAT THIEF / WHERE IS MY CAT

My cat Cheddar has gone missing and has been missing for 2-3 days now. He will often times wander over to the neighbors yard and I am wondering if my neighbors stole him? They are always petting him and I think are very "jealous" of me.

I walked over there to ask and they said "oh no we will help you find cheddar!" but I think I heard a meow inside and when I asked to come inside they REFUSED, citing the China Flu concerns. First of all I had it waaaayyyyy before they even found it in the USA, this is why I don't need to wear a mask. Second of all, what are you hiding ???!!?

If anybody has seen a cat in the neighborhood please message me and if the POLICE could please investigate my neighbors I believe they are "Suspect #1". They have 2 young kids who are constantly wandering the neighborhood and looking at houses, probably to steal more cats.

WE LOVE YOU CHEDDAR PLEASE COME HOME.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
I'm the inexplicable quotation marks around jealous

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I still am thinking about 'You will need to provide the mulch'

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

I don't know enough about wood to know if this is garbage or valuable aged dried wood

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I would burn it in the fireplace but uh ain't paying poo poo for em
e okay it says free

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
30 year old logs? This 90s nostalgia is out of control!

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
They sure don't look dry to me, but maybe they are rotting so much they turned dark?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

wilderthanmild posted:

They sure don't look dry to me, but maybe they are rotting so much they turned dark?

It's genuine New England ebony

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

wilderthanmild posted:

They probably are dry right now but they've probably spent 30 years getting moist and then drying out 2-3 times a year. I'm not sure how good the wood is going to be after that.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Somebody giving away 30 year old logs feels like the beginning of a horror movie. I'd be careful there aren't infant skeletons or maybe even evil spirits inside those logs.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fQGPZTECYs

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Big Beef City posted:

lol here's a real one, watch out folks:

That's the entire post. No location, no other details.

Thank god you called the cops for a car with a flat tire and then posted about it to 21 loving neighborhoods. God only knows that someone out there not be alerted their car has a flat at walmart or some poo poo.
e: Also, I'm in a LARGE semi-rural 'neighborhood' and surrounded by the like, so posting to 21 of them is probably covering most of the city of Green Bay and out to the north and west as far as who knows what, the northwoods maybe, lol. OK! WOW! Well I'm glad a car 75 miles from me has a flat tire! I'll keep my eyes peeled!

Although the rest of this is funny, the "21 neighborhoods" things is just part of your user settings. When you sign up, you choose how many adjacent neighborhoods your posts can be seen in. The "agenda" nextdoor posters will naturally select as many as possible while most sane people just do their surrounding area.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Dear Watson posted:

Accompanying the photo is the text:

That's a ghost. A little bit of lemon juice and holy water (cold (NOT LUKEWARM)!!!) will clear that right up for you.

BULLETKISS
Jul 3, 2003

Possible homeless camp? Not sure who to report this to or who owns the empty lot. But there is a dome tent (see red x on map) on this lot and I don’t feel comfortable about it. I only noticed it because I thought I heard 2 gun shots on 3/23/21, around midnight and next morning looked over the back wall and saw the top of the tent. My hubby has been watching to see if he sees anyone but he hasn’t.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

BULLETKISS posted:

Possible homeless camp? Not sure who to report this to or who owns the empty lot. But there is a dome tent (see red x on map) on this lot and I don’t feel comfortable about it. I only noticed it because I thought I heard 2 gun shots on 3/23/21, around midnight and next morning looked over the back wall and saw the top of the tent. My hubby has been watching to see if he sees anyone but he hasn’t.

Very sad to see this happening in our community but not suprised (Look at who's in Office!!) to see it happen here!

My son lives in California but is about to move to Texas, the homeless is so bad there! And now, it's here!

I was driving by there the other day and a man assaulted me, called me "honky" and "cracker" and then began to beg me for money. I explained that I give at church every Sunday but he just said "Hail Satan, lady, I don't go to Church!" What does that tell you???

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

A Fancy Hat posted:

Very sad to see this happening in our community but not suprised (Look at who's in Office!!) to see it happen here!

My son lives in California but is about to move to Texas, the homeless is so bad there! And now, it's here!

I was driving by there the other day and a man assaulted me, called me "honky" and "cracker" and then began to beg me for money. I explained that I give at church every Sunday but he just said "Hail Satan, lady, I don't go to Church!" What does that tell you???

You mad bastard, I love you so much.

*My* Nextdoor is drat boring; everyone saying hello to each other politely, asking who knows a good roofer, and asking if they heard that thunder last night.

Drimble Wedge fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Mar 26, 2021

BULLETKISS
Jul 3, 2003

Stimulus check. Anybody out there who Receives Monthly Social Security? Who Has Not yet Received their 1400 stimulus money? I’m checking, because I too haven’t received my 1400 Stimulus money and I’m wondering if anyone else also haven’t received their Stimulus money? I know other people in other states still haven’t received their Stimulus money, but I’m wondering if anyone else locally here haven’t received their Stimulus money and that they are suppose to receive it but haven’t yet received it?

BULLETKISS
Jul 3, 2003

Loud vehicle, music and disrespectful neighbors. Our neighbors moved in about a year ago. They brought their loud, window thumping music with them: vulgar words, promiscuous/nasty settings discussing parts of the body vividly described... you know the stuff we try to keep away from our young, growing ears (grand children). We asked the mom if she would please ask her boys (young adults) to turn it down and she says they have the right to listen to whatever they want. Hmmm.... now, one of the young adult males got a corvette, put specialized mufflers on it to make it sound like two motorcycles each time they start it: 6 am, 12 midnight...to the point our windows vibrate. Right now it is 1:30a.m. And this young man was in him car listening to window shaking bass thumping music. SERIOUSLY AT ONE IN THE MORNING! Woke up entire household. I put on my slippers, walked outside and asked them to please turn down music. They laughed, said a few stupid things about loving their music and their drugs (yup, and their drugs). But they turned it down. The parents allow this and talking to them is useless and the boys (early 20s late teens) are self centered and seriously disrespectful. Would I be a terrible neighbor if I call the non emergency line for the police to step in if it continues? What about homeowners association? I have to follow the rules why don’t they? I don’t want to be a rude and nasty neighbor. We’ve lived here for almost 6years without a problem. But the older their kids get the bigger problems that arise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Some guy on Nextdoor posted:

Subject: I need a plumber

Body: I need plumber

Posted 20 hours ago. Zero replies, zero likes.

Okay, cool. :thumbsup:

I just picture a guy standing in poo poo-water up to his ankles staring at the app going, "C'mon! C'MON!!! Why isn't anyone answering me?!!"