Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

yeah, I see no reason why Deku doesn’t basically turn Muscular into ribbons within a few pages. The question is if he uses lethal force to make it happen. His resolve towards the other users suggests that he might kill if he needs to and see virtually no redemption for the villain. Muscular is utterly irredeemable. So this is some good poo poo right off the bat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I would be extremely surprised if Deku just straight up kills Muscular. The tone of the manga has changed, but not that much.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Carlosologist posted:

yeah, I see no reason why Deku doesn’t basically turn Muscular into ribbons within a few pages. The question is if he uses lethal force to make it happen. His resolve towards the other users suggests that he might kill if he needs to and see virtually no redemption for the villain. Muscular is utterly irredeemable. So this is some good poo poo right off the bat

I think the only person here genuinely considering killing is Shigaraki/All For One. I can't imagine after the last few chapters that he'll enter his first fight guns completely blazing.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I doubt Deku went from being in a coma, to being out 1-2 weeks, to being able to fire OFA on all cylinders. Even with whatever unannounced bonus quirks he's gonna show off I don't think it's just gonna be Deku effortlessly curbing Muscular here. It took a couple consecutive 100% fullbody punches against a Muscular who was loving around to win last time. I could see 40%-ish Deku + Danger Sense/Blackwhip/Float/???/???/??? finessing Muscular down but not a comical Straw-Hats-Oneshotting-the-Pacifista beatdown.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Muscular is the Nappa of MHA, he's boned.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Also some slightly new information about Danger Sense

-Deku says it's going haywire and suspects Muscular is the cause, which implies that it's not usually pinging so loudly. Crazy as it sounds, Danger Sense--even boosted by One for All--may not actually be designed to drive its user insane

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

NEW VIGILANTES!

The final battle is about to begin!

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
drat we are eating GOOD on Vigilantes right now

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Gat drat that's one hell of a chapter. Vigilantes is a really solid series

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

:thunk:

What's with the mask people? O' Clock 2 allies?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

What's with the mask people? O' Clock 2 allies?

Probably more proto-nomu like the things he tried to blow up the Sky-Egg with a while back.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rhonne posted:

Probably more proto-nomu like the things he tried to blow up the Sky-Egg with a while back.

I just realized they're getting the same scar as O' Clock 2, not only that there's 5 of them with O' Clock being number 6, so yeah it's probably the proto-nomus Numbers 1-5.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I think Muscular will get a few hits in, but mostly so Deku can go "I was hoping I wouldn't need to do this" before showing off one of the new quirks and curbstomping muscles.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
It would be really funny imo if the quirks are something like Indestructible Bones or Reinforced Tendons

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

shock absorption

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Kild posted:

shock absorption

not nullification?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
flight

via having hollow bones

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
Regeneration, king of the boring tough guy fight time padders

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I wonder how Naruhata's handling the prison breaks

Must consider that a slow wednesday over there

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Also gotta say I wasn't expecting Shindo, and it's gotta be his surprise popularity poll showing. More surprising though is Tatami talking in gamer speak, will be curious to see if that makes the official translation.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Deku's new quirk is going to be the ability to spontaneously set himself of fire. For combat purposes.

Also lol, when he puts his torn hood up with the smile mask he looks even more like a demon. Deku's aesthetic keeps getting more evil and it's great.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Some new movie info dropped too.

"My Hero Academia: World Heroes Mission" will be released August 6 2021. It will take place around the Endeavor Agency Arc.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ayofamz/status/1375013246890049536

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Mar 26, 2021

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Aizawa must have a powerful urge to smack Deku every time he does anything.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Aizawa must have a powerful urge to smack Deku every time he does anything.

Sometimes I wonder if he would have been any more patient with Deku if he knew about One for All and that literally didn't have a quirk until the entrance exam but then I realize... probably not.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

christmas boots posted:

Sometimes I wonder if he would have been any more patient with Deku if he knew about One for All and that literally didn't have a quirk until the entrance exam but then I realize... probably not.

Would arguably be more of a reason to pound the importance of restraint into his head ASAP, really.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Sure but the assumption is that everyone has their powers since childhood so his frustration comes from a place of “why don’t you already know this” and it would be interesting to see how he might change the approach knowing that Deku had like 30 seconds of experience actually using it when they met

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

christmas boots posted:

He probably would have strangled All Might first.

I wonder if Deku wrote a letter to Aizawa too before he left. I guess someone would have told him about OFA by now even if he didn't get one.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

christmas boots posted:

I don't know about one for all in particular, but I'm pretty sure they go over that Deku's quirk only very recently manifested and he's not used to it yet. He probably would've been angrier, if anything, knowing All Might gave him a quirk that did that to him.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Reminder that the first episode of Season 5 is out today. I haven’t gotten around to watching it yet but I assume it’s a recap like usual

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

It actually isn't. Wow.

It doesn't actually advance the story, it's mainly just a filler episode re-introducing the 1-A characters and their powers so it's safe to skip. But still technically not a recap!

The new intro is generic as hell and spoils a certain character returning, but I can't remember if the trailers already showed that or not so meh.

Edit: I do like that they actually called back to the joke about the Uraraka-Mina-Sero combo move from last season. The idea of 1-A beating Nejire and Suneater sucks though.

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Mar 27, 2021

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Well it wasn’t a recap for once so that’s something at least, alright starter episode though I’m not really a fan of the new OP and ED.

My Villain Academia is likely going to be the highlight of this season for me but the Joint Training Arc has some decent moments here and there as I recall

Looks like we’ll be picking up from where the last season left off next time.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!
This episode reallllly hits differently when compared to where we are at in the present in the manga.

I liked it, and honestly I liked the new OP too. Seeing the past OFA users in motion just feels surreal, though they finally got the colors lined up right!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Trailer for the new movie dropped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-zXGtewgPo

I can't believe Deku is a mass murderer.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
It'll be interesting to see how the anime-only watchers react to MVA. It's a great arc, but could feel like a bait & switch for those who have been eagerly anticipating a full season focused on the protagonists.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I’m also interested to see how they’ll react to Deku gaining the first of many new Quirks during the Joint Training arc.

Speaking of MVA I’m curious how the anime is going to handle that as it’s one of the first particularly dark/violent arcs in the series.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Larryb posted:

I’m also interested to see how they’ll react to Deku gaining the first of many new Quirks during the Joint Training arc.

Speaking of MVA I’m curious how the anime is going to handle that as it’s one of the first particularly dark/violent arcs in the series.
I imagine they got the same timeslot so it's probably gonna be a lot of dark silhouettes for the big flashback.

I just hope they didn't cheap out on it. MVA has some shots that really, really deserve love and the usual B+ adaptation MHA gets (everyone stays consistently on model, there aren't really any Studio Pierrot budget shots of scribbled+reused+just flat out bad animation, even interstitial stuff that obviously wasn't considered consequential doesn't look cheap, no "staffing and scheduling was bad this week" episodes that look like poo poo) just isn't enough for. After the reactions/boosts Jujutsu Kaisen and Kimetsu no Yaiba got for very effortful adaptations that clearly had love put into them, I would hope the committee/BONES give it a good go and scheduled/staffed well for it even with the movie being produced simultaneously. I bet the JJK Volume 0 movie was in at least pre-production for part of JJK's anime production.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

It's fun to have the show back again- I really do enjoy seeing and hearing the characters animated :unsmith:

I like the ending theme quite a bit this season as well.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I think this is the first season where I have zero desire to watch it, Joint Training was so boring. Gotta wait until episode... 9? for the quirk explosion.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I'll watch to see if the fights get punched up in entertaining ways but that's about it tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

Fabricated posted:

I'll watch to see if the fights get punched up in entertaining ways but that's about it tbh.

It's another arc that would look great if they did that, but after the Lemillion v Overhaul fight remained a slideshow, I doubt they'll include more than what was on the page