Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I’m looking forward to seeing MVA animated but yeah, unless they decide to punch the fights up a bit the first half of the season is going to be kind of a slog until near the end

Larryb fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Mar 27, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sana-kan
Nov 6, 2009
I feel the same. Didn't care for the joint training arc, I just hope they budgeted for the MVA arc because it's my favorite arc and I hope it can capture the same horror in the manga even if they have to cut or silhouette some stuff.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I'm sure they can zhuzh it up a little if they want to. They're not gonna let one of the biggest shounen franchises be unwatchable for two months.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I need an itano circus but with sad man's parade. Nothing less will satisfy.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Do you think the season will end with the Endeavor Agency?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Mraagvpeine posted:

Do you think the season will end with the Endeavor Agency?
I haven't done hard math on it but it's definitely possible, I think.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

It'll probably be like last season were we end with the start of that arc, but don't finish it up until next season.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Another incredibly whatever OP. We'll never get to the end of this series with a 10/10 OP for some reason.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Again, I refer you to The Day. :colbert:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Kingtheninja posted:

I need an itano circus but with sad man's parade. Nothing less will satisfy.
I wanna know if they're going to do a variation for You Say Run for Sad Man's Parade.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
Villains are NOT allowed to use You Say Run!! Not even Twice!!

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

You Sad Run

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Half of Dracula posted:

What about a metal version of You Say Run?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

What about a metal version of You Say Run?

that’s reserved for tokoyami

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Fabricated posted:

Another incredibly whatever OP. We'll never get to the end of this series with a 10/10 OP for some reason.

Wait till we get to MVA.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Half of Dracula posted:

Well yeah he's only gonna use it once.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Nessus posted:

Well yeah he's only gonna use it once.

You should be ashamed of this joke! I love it!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Nessus posted:

I wanna know if they're going to do a variation for You Say Run for Sad Man's Parade.

I don't even remember the last time the original played.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

What season was You Say Run from again?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Larryb posted:

What season was You Say Run from again?

The very first, when Midoriya charges that slime guy to try and save Bakugo.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Carlosologist posted:

yeah, I see no reason why Deku doesn’t basically turn Muscular into ribbons within a few pages. The question is if he uses lethal force to make it happen. His resolve towards the other users suggests that he might kill if he needs to and see virtually no redemption for the villain. Muscular is utterly irredeemable. So this is some good poo poo right off the bat
Deku's newest Quirk is just Hokuto Shinken.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Electric Phantasm posted:

The very first, when Midoriya charges that slime guy to try and save Bakugo.

It’s also All Might vs the Noumu and a variant of it is Izuku vs Overhaul. Plus there’s 2 other variants one of which is used for the second movie when Bakugo and Izuku double One for All.

It’s kind of the backbone heroic saviour/big fight song and has been built and modified very well. It’s even tied into All for One’s theme, which is kind of presented as the antithesis of what You Say Run means. All for One gets what amounts to You Cannot Run and if the pattern holds I suspect that’s the one they’ll use for Shigaraki and Twice’s big moments in MvA, modified to feel uplifting and oppressing in equal measure.

As a side note, All for One’s theme does play again. As part of Izuku vs Overhaul, but it’s not presented as music for Overhaul because it plays as part of 100% Izuku clowning him into the ground (alongside the vocal rendition of You Say Run version 4). The actual background music in this series is incredibly good and has a lot of thought out into what to use and why (although I admittedly might be misremembering Izuku getting All for One’s theme for a bit before it swaps to the vocal song).

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Mar 28, 2021

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

No, Deku definitely gets the AFO battle theme when beating the poo poo out of Overhaul.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
If Deku's theme is You Say Run and OFA's Theme is You Can't Run then Twice's theme will be We Won't Run (contradictory statement in parenthesis)

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Hawks' theme is Chicken Run, right? Especially given his ridiculous backwards shuffle last season

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The new opening for the anime makes me wish we got a Shinso vs Deku rematch, even though Shinso would get destroyed in a 1-on-1.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I can't wait for the final battle them, Walk Don't Run.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

rannum posted:

You Sad Run

I think that’s just Might*U

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero-academia-chapter-307/chapter/22305?action=read

Deku looks very menacing

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Thank God he was on time to save this very popular character that we all remember, who does so well on the character polls.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

I like Yo, he's like the main character of another school. Too bad he sucked and did nothing

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Deku finally remembered that his costume has a mask.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
My thoughts on the villain:

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
Lol, forgot the dude's name was Yo and thought the girl was just saying 'yo' a lot

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
I have no idea what on earth Tatami's pose in that first panel is supposed to communicate lol

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Half of Dracula posted:

I like Yo, he's like the main character of another school. Too bad he sucked and did nothing
Suck city!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Rhonne posted:

Deku finally remembered that his costume has a mask.

He's got the All Might eye.

Captain Oblivious posted:

I have no idea what on earth Tatami's pose in that first panel is supposed to communicate lol

She's stretching I guess?

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Captain Oblivious posted:

That Horikoshi really likes drawing girls.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
They're walking on top of the median on an elevated highway or train rail, so it's a balance pose- or mocking one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Japan sure fell apart quickly. Dunno if that's Horikoshi with some heavy handed critique on hero society or just him speeding towards the end of the manga asap. Also equally funny that while the cities are basically Mad Max international aid is held up because they can't process the paperwork. Lame excuse to keep everything contained to known characters imo.