Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

Kristy: Hey, hey!! Sonic went over to Nintendo, kids, so today we're going to play some European games! *Europa Universalis 4 pops up on the screen*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
teleroboxer

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Mario Clash seems fun if it were on a normal console

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
mario clash is pretty good too

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
hell the virtua boy has 4 decent games making it officially better than the ps3, ps4, every xbox, and the switch. congrats!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

https://youtu.be/qifcS6431Y8

I would pay at least three to four dollars for this on the switch

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i like the virtual boy

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Some guy did a conceptual port of the Wario Land game with regular graphics and while I love Wario games it looked kinda jank like a weird bootleg version of Wario.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I guess it was in arcades too but i played the hell out of this game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDtp7QpkMAw

my mom found a virtual boy for like 20 bucks at toys r us after its time had passed

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

b_d posted:

my mom found a virtual boy for like 20 bucks at toys r us after its time had passed

Congrats on your mom getting one on release day.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

absolutely anything posted:

i like the virtual boy

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

b_d posted:

I guess it was in arcades too but i played the hell out of this game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDtp7QpkMAw

i got mine through the same sale. atari jaguars were also getting clearanced for $20 and i def agonized over whether i made the right choice

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

my bro had both a jaguar and a lynx, i had a super nintendo

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Arrhythmia posted:

Congrats on your mom getting one on release day.

it sounds like their toys r us actually broke shelf date

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Lol

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
i remember my family was leaving our trip to Lake George on the release date of the virtual boy in 1995 and i called Babbages before we left and they had them in stock at the Aviation Mall. i somehow had the $180+ saved up tax and we bought one up there before our long car ride home to brooklyn (about a 5 hour drive)

i was so loving pissed on the way home that the system wasn't portable. so much so that once we got to one of the Roy Rogers rest stops on the interstate, i actually called Nintendo on the payphone there to ask them why they lied to me about it being a portable system. 5 hours in the car just staring at the box and teleroboxer's manual.

after the initial preteen nerd rage wore off it became one of my favorite consoles ever.

there's a lot of cool unreleased stuff you can play on flashcarts. Bound High is really good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSSlBgnKhbk

i really do love Nintendo

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

i really do love Nintendo

Oh for sure

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Galactic Pinball and the prototype are very fun. I got my VB for 20 bucks at KB Toys when they just wanted it gone.

Then a nice weird dude on the internet soldered the ribbon cable for free when it started going. All he wanted in return was to photograph and add the serial to his database of all VB units. He also has my address and could come murder me while I’m playing the VB, but it’s a small price to pay for Nester’s Funky Bowling.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Tato posted:

Galactic Pinball and the prototype are very fun. I got my VB for 20 bucks at KB Toys when they just wanted it gone.

Then a nice weird dude on the internet soldered the ribbon cable for free when it started going. All he wanted in return was to photograph and add the serial to his database of all VB units. He also has my address and could come murder me while I’m playing the VB, but it’s a small price to pay for Nester’s Funky Bowling.

that guy was definitely uncle at nintendo

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

trying to jack off posted:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Tato posted:

I'm reminded of when UaN was giving away a free modded 3DS and absolutely no one took him up on it because it would have meant giving him your address.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

PENNYWISE: This your PSP?

Georgie looks around. Bill is nowhere nearby. Rain continues to pour from the sky, dripping into the sewer.

PENNYWISE: Good console, you know. It's been hacked, no matter what firmware yar on, ha ha!

GEORGIE: Why are you in the sewer?

PENNYWISE: Oh, the mods said not to say.

GEORGIE: How come?

PENNYWISE: They don't let me in on that stuff. I just do my tricks for the kids. You look like a nice boy. I bet you have lots of friends!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Georgie looks around. Bill is nowhere nearby. Rain continues to pour from the sky, dripping into the sewer.

PENNYWISE: Good console, you know. It's been hacked, no matter what firmware yar on, ha ha!

PENNYWISE: They don't let me in on that stuff. I just do my tricks for the kids. You look like a nice boy. I bet you have lots of friends!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Smirking_Serpent posted:

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Smirking_Serpent posted:

lmao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Lmao

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

American McGay posted:

Some guy did a conceptual port of the Wario Land game with regular graphics and while I love Wario games it looked kinda jank like a weird bootleg version of Wario.
I'm not really familiar with the VB Wario but I like the idea of Wario games generally having a slightly off-brand bootleg aesthetic

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Smirking_Serpent posted:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
After reading this thread I booted up my near mint in box JPN virtual boy and it's dead. Probably that ribbon cable issue :smith: