Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
when the deer start clowning on your rear end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFctacTsLMw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Me, I'm the Hero of my party since it's my story. Front line melee dps.

JD: Debuffs/Tank. Front line defense.

Lucy: Disabler/Sniper. Back line, ranged dps.

Skylark: Buffs/Healing. Back line, pure party support.

INRI: Status effect guy. Back line, ranged dps/blinder/poisoner.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

lmao

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/GamerNeJp/status/1377842264551026690

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ive been playing through dragonquest 3 on switch for the first time, it's a joy. it's a very grindy game but grinding is fun in dq, and it's very challenging so it feels good to come back to a dungeon that wiped you with new gear and come out on top.

mimics are loving crazy in old dq, every time i've run into one it's like 80% chance of a party wipe. and they don't drop anything lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

extremebuff posted:

mimics are loving crazy in old dq, every time i've run into one it's like 80% chance of a party wipe. and they don't drop anything lmao

yeah, lol. the part where you have to go into a cave with just the hero is loaded with mimics and their save or die spells can end a run real fast.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

got to floor 90 of the ancient cave before i got hit with this. these are golden dragons which can wipe your party no matter how strong your characters are, fighting one is basically just a matter of luck where you hope they dont do certain combination of moves on their turn. you are supposed to avoid fighting them altogether and reach floor 100, the game randomly generated a floor where they occupied almost every square. theres a few more just offscreen in other rooms

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Shibawanko posted:

got to floor 90 of the ancient cave before i got hit with this. these are golden dragons which can wipe your party no matter how strong your characters are, fighting one is basically just a matter of luck where you hope they dont do certain combination of moves on their turn. you are supposed to avoid fighting them altogether and reach floor 100, the game randomly generated a floor where they occupied almost every square. theres a few more just offscreen in other rooms

Lol. Lufia II ftw

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Shibawanko posted:

lol pwned

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

my favorite are the dragons standing between the two treasure chests. it's hard to tell but it's actually not 2 but 3 dragons with the third clipped in the middle between the other two because the game thought there werent enough dragons

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Shibawanko posted:

my favorite are the dragons standing between the two treasure chests. it's hard to tell but it's actually not 2 but 3 dragons with the third clipped in the middle between the other two because the game thought there werent enough dragons

lmfao

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Shibawanko posted:

Crouching dragons, hidden dragon

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Been slowly making my way through Xenoblade 2 still, just got to Tantal which is by far my favorite area. I'm starting to unlock the final tier of skills for my signature blades so I'm gonna try filling out the rest of them. The stuff like "kill 3 Lanfi Skogs in Uraya" etc. The special quests for the unique blades are awesome too

drat good game

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

tantal is so fuckin good, the music is incredible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh2JI18ByvU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Shibawanko posted:

lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

tantal is so fuckin good, the music is incredible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh2JI18ByvU

my favorite track in the game and some unparalleled jrpg snowfeels.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ive been enjoying Kingdom Hearts Re:coded more now that im playing on a wiiu and not having to deal with lovely pc emulation halfsolutions for the touch screen. its cool that they just keep adding new mechanics almost halfway through, i wonder when it will stop

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i really wish there were more postgame in bd2, ive spent the last two days getting levels 13-15 unlocked for everything and apparently theres only one superboss to use everything on. i've got a red mage build that does 160k in one round unbuffed and buffs can get that up to 320k and my phys attacker does a very respectable 80k to one enemy, i'm gonna turn the last boss into mulch

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

in the japanese version of lufia 2 one of the fire capsule monster's 4th form's attacks is called "genocide breath" lol

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I’m playing Parasite Eve for the first time in maybe 8 years and drat. This game is still really loving good

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

I’m playing Parasite Eve for the first time in maybe 8 years and drat. This game is still really loving good

Yeah I started a new playthrough tonight and it kicks rear end.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Getting further into Bravely 2. Just got to Reinmdahl and unlocked dragoon. Adelle is carrying my rear end with berserker and thief skills

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

adelle is godlike. my wife is in the endgame and the strat since like the second town has been "pass the ball to adelle" and she does half a boss' health in a turn

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

extremebuff posted:

adelle is godlike. my wife is in the endgame and the strat since like the second town has been "pass the ball to adelle" and she does half a boss' health in a turn

yeah same, she killed the last boss in two turns lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
having a cool time in SaGa : scarlet grace. no idea what's going on. ten hours in i read a tip that defending for a turn gives you more speed the next turn. read the tips, everyone.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

only one more orb to go in dq3. manoza cavern was built to drive you insane, tons of mimics, dead ends, and enemies that only cast drain magic and zing on eachother so they can drain more magic lol. had to use it myself to get enough mp to cast evac and gtfo

i feel really bad that I didn't play this before dq11, the more I do in this the more I realize 11 is just a huge reimagining of dq3

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

extremebuff posted:

Lol I had her on freelancer/berserker for the dragoon fight on accident where she counter drains your mp and it took me like five turns to realize I could just level slash that rear end for 2-3k every turn

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i really thought i just beat dragonquest 3...owned by the biggest plot twist of 30 years ago. this game is absolutely incredible

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

extremebuff posted:

i really thought i just beat dragonquest 3...owned by the biggest plot twist of 30 years ago. this game is absolutely incredible

It's so awesome lol. Wait till you see the ending too.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i really wish i played the gbc version of this, it has exclusive things that didnt make it to any other release and it looks great. it even has the animated sprites. an insane wonder it fits in a gbc cart

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

extremebuff posted:

lmao i was waiting for this

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

extremebuff posted:

Lmfao yesss

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

extremebuff posted:

i really wish i played the gbc version of this, it has exclusive things that didnt make it to any other release and it looks great. it even has the animated sprites. an insane wonder it fits in a gbc cart

the mobile version not having pacheesi is unforgiveable. wish i could find my gbc copy instead

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

extremebuff posted:

oh my god I can't believe there's anybody left playing it who doesn't kbow, I'm so fuckin jealous

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

oh my god I can't believe there's anybody left playing it who doesn't kbow, I'm so fuckin jealous

im trying my best to not look anything up or use any guides since the new translation is a lot clearer, it's been smooth and i'm just constantly impressed that I'm playing a facelifted NES game.

i had to look upo where the hell to use the lovers bracelet tho that was bullshit lol. i was using it in the right area but not the right single box of space where it works

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kh recoded is pretty awesome having a good time doing some Questploration and finding new Chips. is there overlap between the KH people and TWEWY, the cheat system in Re:coded is straight out of twewy

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Kh recoded is pretty awesome having a good time doing some Questploration and finding new Chips. is there overlap between the KH people and TWEWY, the cheat system in Re:coded is straight out of twewy

Yeah its like the exact same team that did KH1 and 2 and chain of memories I think. Also guessing you haven’t played KH DDD yet lol.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Yeah its like the exact same team that did KH1 and 2 and chain of memories I think. Also guessing you haven’t played KH DDD yet lol.

Chain of memories is twewy team I think

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Closing the hell out of this thread because I've been playing like 1 hour of DQ3 a month on my phone for like a year and I don't know about "It"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Whoa cool. And now I'm hype for DDD.