Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Dear Watson posted:

My last name on there is an obvious fake name. Still waiting to be cancelled

Pretty sure it happened because yesterday I shamed some idiot who was saying stupid things about the covid vaccine. And yeah it didn't have my real last name either, gently caress that. They probably reported me, I'm guessing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULLETKISS
Jul 3, 2003

*real post*

And so it starts. As they start the process of making it difficult for people who choose not to get the vaccine to work or make money.

As they have planned, they figure you will get tired of getting the negative test results that you will just cave and get in line like a good little zombie and accept fold on your beliefs and take the shot to support your family financially.

It's a shame that nobody has enough brain power to realize this is not a vaccine, it's a live expirment, just as the Tuskegee expirment.

Glad I'm a religious exemption

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

BULLETKISS posted:

*real post*

And so it starts. As they start the process of making it difficult for people who choose not to get the vaccine to work or make money.

As they have planned, they figure you will get tired of getting the negative test results that you will just cave and get in line like a good little zombie and accept fold on your beliefs and take the shot to support your family financially.

It's a shame that nobody has enough brain power to realize this is not a vaccine, it's a live expirment, just as the Tuskegee expirment.

Glad I'm a religious exemption

Don’t worry your precious head about it, rear end in a top hat. The rest of us “zombies” have made all the necessary sacrifices for you over the past year so you yourself don’t ever have to temporarily change anything about your lifestyle or your dumb beliefs.

Lucky for you I’m not in charge of anything because if it were up to me, all of you conspiracy huffing anti vax fucks would be in permanent lockdown and you would never be permitted to leave your house again. Shove your “religious exemption” up your rear end and die.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Ralph Hurley posted:

Don’t worry your precious head about it, rear end in a top hat. The rest of us “zombies” have made all the necessary sacrifices for you over the past year so you yourself don’t ever have to temporarily change anything about your lifestyle or your dumb beliefs.

Lucky for you I’m not in charge of anything because if it were up to me, all of you conspiracy huffing anti vax fucks would be in permanent lockdown and you would never be permitted to leave your house again. Shove your “religious exemption” up your rear end and die.

I don't know for sure, but I think they were presenting as a real post from Nextdoor, not their own opinion.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I don't know for sure, but I think they were presenting as a real post from Nextdoor, not their own opinion.

I know. To be clear, I was not ranting at BULLETKISS, I was ranting at the a real or fictional Nextdoor poster.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Ralph Hurley posted:

Your post has been reported to Community Review, who has voted to remove it as unnecessarily aggressive.

BULLETKISS
Jul 3, 2003

*Real post...from the Nextdoor app to clarify my posting in this thread.*

Interesting question? Why does it smell like wet dog whenever I run my water only when my windows are open?? This sounds super weird but it’s true. It took about a year for my husband to finally believe me as well 😅 but whenever my windows are open or my sliding back door is open while I do dishes, it starts smelling like wet dog. Even my dishes end up smelling like that so I have to rewash them. I don’t think it’s the water that’s stinking...Does anyone know why this happens? Obviously the solution is to not open windows or doors when running water so no need to tell me that. Just curious if anyone else experienced this? Thank you!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

This has "Creepy things from the internet" list video all over it.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Expert Advice Needed ASAP

After the Big Rain this weekend, there's a serious of "Bubbles" on my ceiling. When I poke them with a needle they "Pop" and water comes up. Not a lot, maybe one or two "fingerfulls" of water each. There are about 600 bubbles all over the house (I counted) but I didn't pop them all as I got worried this was a more serious issue.

Our roof is still in good shape (put on in 1974, when people actually WANTED to work!) so it's not that. But it's very "weird" that it happened right after so much rain. I went up into the attic crawlspace and it felt very humid and wet up there, like a jungle but inside.

Looking for a handyman to come take a look. I will not be scammed into getting a new roof.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

A Fancy Hat posted:

After the Big Rain this weekend, there's a serious of "Bubbles" on my ceiling. When I poke them with a needle they "Pop" and water comes up. Not a lot, maybe one or two "fingerfulls" of water each. There are about 600 bubbles all over the house (I counted) but I didn't pop them all as I got worried this was a more serious issue.

Our roof is still in good shape (put on in 1974, when people actually WANTED to work!) so it's not that. But it's very "weird" that it happened right after so much rain. I went up into the attic crawlspace and it felt very humid and wet up there, like a jungle but inside.

Looking for a handyman to come take a look. I will not be scammed into getting a new roof.

lmao

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

A Fancy Hat posted:

I have heard of people splurging for 30 year roofs, but never heard of a 50 year one.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Zil posted:

I have heard of people splurging for 30 year roofs, but never heard of a 50 year one.

Hi, thanks for you imput but obviously you do not "Know roofs". My roof was put on in '74 by Jimmy and Sons contracting, 3 guys just went up there with hammers and got it done themselves. Hammer and nails, carried everything up ladders, and finished the whole thing in less than a day. Total cost? 750 dollars.

NOT LIKE TODAY! Not to get on my soapbox but this is why America is in the state it is in right now. Many Scam Artists trying to sell me on a new roof, gutters, etc. Say things like "catastrophic water damage" and "your chimney is about to fall down" and "the wood is the consistency of wet cardboard".

Then they try and charge your tens of thousands of dollars. Sorry, NOT HAPPENING!

If you are a handyman then fine, please come take a look at the roof and show me this supposed "damage" that everyone is talking about. Otherwise, tell me what is causing my Water Bubbles.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Zil posted:

they actually do warranty metal and some tile roofs for 50 years

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

A Fancy Hat posted:

Hi, thanks for you imput but obviously you do not "Know roofs". My roof was put on in '74 by Jimmy and Sons contracting, 3 guys just went up there with hammers and got it done themselves. Hammer and nails, carried everything up ladders, and finished the whole thing in less than a day. Total cost? 750 dollars.

NOT LIKE TODAY! Not to get on my soapbox but this is why America is in the state it is in right now. Many Scam Artists trying to sell me on a new roof, gutters, etc. Say things like "catastrophic water damage" and "your chimney is about to fall down" and "the wood is the consistency of wet cardboard".

Then they try and charge your tens of thousands of dollars. Sorry, NOT HAPPENING!

If you are a handyman then fine, please come take a look at the roof and show me this supposed "damage" that everyone is talking about. Otherwise, tell me what is causing my Water Bubbles.

Of the many, many, many AFH posts on this site, this is by far the most startlingly accurate.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Time_pants posted:

Of the many, many, many AFH posts on this site, this is by far the most startlingly accurate.

Vaguely based on a real event. We had a tree fall on our house a few years back and had to get a new roof installed. My insane neighbor saw the guys on the roof fixing it and thought they were criminals breaking in (I'm 100% serious) so she called me.

When we explained that they were putting a new roof on she went into a spiel about how roofers are all scam artists and her mom knew a guy who could put on a new roof "in 6 hours" because "he put everything on your roof the night before, then showed up as soon as the sun rose to install it".

Then she sent me a bunch of pictures of her mom's roof with insulation and stuff on it, with comments like "take a look!" and "see what I mean?".

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

A Fancy Hat posted:

Then she sent me a bunch of pictures of her mom's roof with insulation and stuff on it, with comments like "take a look!" and "see what I mean?".

“makes you think”

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

A Fancy Hat posted:

My insane neighbor saw the guys on the roof fixing it and thought they were criminals breaking in (I'm 100% serious) so she called me.

My mom lives on a rural highway that dead ends up a mountain. Every now and again someone will realize that the highway is a dead end and turn around in her driveway or drive up her driveway, thinking it's a road (you can't see the house from the road). This happens to the twenty or so other people who live in the same highway on occasion as well. So naturally these are all criminals casing the joint. I peeped her Next-door a while ago and it's just nonstop "A red late model maybe a Ford drove into my driveway, everyone be aware!".

Times stuff has been stolen from her house in the past twenty years? Zero.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

quote:

Mail. Any one else notice a post office delivery truck on Sundays? I am not receiving my mail. What can be done about it?

. . . ?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/stephanwozniak/status/1380735695178891267?s=21

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Who the gently caress is complaining aboutweed smell in Park Slope of all places, nevermind the fact poo poo is legal now

Play
Apr 25, 2006

TontoCorazon posted:

Who the gently caress is complaining aboutweed smell in Park Slope of all places, nevermind the fact poo poo is legal now

Wait that's in Brooklyn? I thought it must be another country due to the 311, I assumed that was their version of 911

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

311 is the non-emergency/city services number. Fire hydrant leaking? Call 311. New pothole in the road? Call 311. Car got towed and you can't find it? Call 311.

Whether or not it's used to call police varies, here in Chicago if we call 311 and ask for a squad car to come check something out they just transfer us to 911 or tell us to call it instead.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

whoa-ooohh karen is the color of your energy

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
I just wish the mods on my local nextdoor would stop freaking out about how trans folks are recruiting kids in the schools and there's nothing parents can do to stop it. Yeah, and one of their names is Karen.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Try as I might, I couldn't find anything interesting. This is an example of the majority of the posts

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Helicopter Noises?

Anybody heard a helicopter (chopper) around 6 pm last night? I was inside my house, it was LOUD. What was it?

Edited to add: No I did not go outside to look, as noted, I was inside at the time.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

twistedmentat posted:

This has "Creepy things from the internet" list video all over it.

"Have you dreamed about this creepy-rear end kid?

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Thanks for the insightful email.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I worry about the lack of Big Squirrel updates.

Was Big Squirrel found?
Did Big Squirrel do something bad?
Is Big Squirrel now posting as "a neighbor"?

Big Squirrel Big Problems is what my parents always told me and I never thought it could happen here.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
FREE: box of phone wire
This was my dad's. Not sure how much is in the box, but it's pretty full.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
the box of phone wire has been claimed thank you

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Spazzle posted:

I see you too live in the sunset.

come over and watch movies :buddy:

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010

Knot My President! posted:

come over and watch movies :buddy:

Hello neighbors!

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

fr though I'm down to meet y'all, I have a good friends group here and all of them are fully vaccinated (I'm halfway)

let's do an Andytown + highway walk

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010
I'm down, I'm fully vaxxed. Ive gotta go out of town and take care of my mom post-surgery next week, but I'll be back the week after. Are you in the SF Bay Goon discord? I know a lot of people in there have been talkinga bout getting together now that most people are vaxxed.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Link? I'm in the Goon discord and the Facebook groups :)

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010
https://discord.gg/XC85Epse

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

you broke my grill posted:

how many detectives do you think the police have assigned to investigate this ding dong ditch

people are still talking about this a month later and I think we need to apologize for making fun of the homeowner about this

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
San Diego sucks for crazy helicopter sightings because there's five or six military bases that fly them all around the area so nobody cares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Get your CAT out of my YARD

To whoever owns a gray cat - GET HIM OR HER OUT OF MY YARD.

On Saturday morning I was in my yard mowing the lawn (grass) when this cat showed up. He looks at me and then starts pawing at my bushes. I run the mower towards him to "give him a scare" and he runs off. Then 10-15 minutes later I see him back at that bush, clawing away. This is a very expensive bush, so again, I take the mower and drive it towards the cat. This time he runs off but much slower, no longer as scared. I finish mowing the grass and then head inside.

Later afternoon I walk past my window and see that cat again, this time it looks at me and scratches my window, then takes a bite of my bush and runs off. WHAT!

I did not see this cat on Sunday until I was taking out the garbage. He was at the end of the driveway laughing at me (how cats laugh, not like a human) and then ran off again.

SOMEBODY CONTROL THEIR CAT OR I WILL BE FORCED TO TAKE DRASTIC MEASURES!