Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

learnincurve posted:

Well that was a new level of patriarchal peer pressure I was not expecting to encounter today. I’m 41 should I stop wearing jorts and start wearing tracksuit bottoms?

I don't care what age you are you shouldn't wear anything you mentioned.

Just kidding, jorts are fine as long as you are at a BBQ in your backyard or someone else's. Tracksuit bottoms are allowed if you are running on a teack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Skwirl posted:

Tracksuit bottoms are allowed if you are running on a teack.

Or a goomba.

Mafia-style or Mario-style, either works.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Tracksuit bottoms have zips on the pockets so your keys can’t fall out, normalise zips!

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
As a huge Simpsons and Smiths fan, Morrissey fully got what he deserves and both should have Stopped a few years back.

Dude called his portrayal racist. Yeah.

Also any excuse to post this actual gem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV7jqXzKwfY

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
E: double post

teen witch has a new favorite as of 10:23 on Apr 20, 2021

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

TinTower posted:

Hipsters are upset that a washed-up racist musician was parodied as a washed-up racist musician on The Simpsons:

https://twitter.com/Angel_Devil982/status/1384078448637870085

I'm really impressed with the bravery of stating that a 30+ year old tv show that nobody has cared about since season 10 should be put to sleep.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

lobsterminator posted:

I'm really impressed with the bravery of stating that a 30+ year old tv show that nobody has cared about since season 10 should be put to sleep.

Stop me if you think that you’ve heard that one before

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I'm happy that the Simpsons is mocking Morrisey, who is a bloviating sack of poo poo at best.

However it is still surprising to me that it is still running.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

https://inews.co.uk/opinion/chernobyl-instagram-pictures-influencers-news-sites-inappropriate-criticism-301560

That story was itself driven by idiots on social media. A lot of the pictures aren't from Chernobyl at all, and the rest are mostly just normal people taking pictures of a historical site, not "influencers" trying to capitalize on the tragedy.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

learnincurve posted:

Well that was a new level of patriarchal peer pressure I was not expecting to encounter today. I’m 41 should I stop wearing jorts and start wearing tracksuit bottoms?
it's a Hercule Poirot reference

so blame agatha christie in this specific instance because eww it was creepy as gently caress at the time too

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Josef bugman posted:

I'm happy that the Simpsons is mocking Morrisey, who is a bloviating sack of poo poo at best.

However it is still surprising to me that it is still running.

Oh, buddy, have I got a :420:-page thread for you to get caught up on: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3808768

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

DACK FAYDEN posted:

it's a Hercule Poirot reference

so blame agatha christie in this specific instance because eww it was creepy as gently caress at the time too

I thought it was a ugly elbow reference? Anyone remember that guy? One of the incels that made lists wasn’t it?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I wasn’t actually joking about the jorts though. (the dog is called bug)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

My Spirit Otter posted:

isn't an age test in the uk just whether or not politicians and tv presenters are attracted to them?

:mods:

Not because there’s anything wrong with this post. It’s just that you are qualified for the role therein suggested.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Look at that crotch hound

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Wholesome content warning! She’s called bug because the moment I got her home (rescued from a hoarder) she started to eat the concrete steps. I did manage to capture the exact moment as I went “you are a real bug ain’t you”

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

learnincurve posted:

Wholesome content warning! She’s called bug because the moment I got her home (rescued from a hoarder) she started to eat the concrete steps. I did manage to capture the exact moment as I went “you are a real bug ain’t you”

Bug, Bane of Brutalism

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Nice stoop you got there, be a shame if something happened to it.

letthereberock
Sep 4, 2004

learnincurve posted:

Dumb, tasteless joke - never mind

letthereberock has a new favorite as of 14:29 on Apr 20, 2021

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

:yikes:

Catpain Slack has a new favorite as of 17:45 on Apr 20, 2021

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

:stare:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yeah maybe even edit out the quote

(I had the same stray thought but I would like never to do so again)

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I don’t get the reference anyway.

This is when the Chalkie met the big spanial

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Mum's dogs love to eat concrete also.

Though I think the problem there might be that she keeps giving them biscuits to make them drop the rocks they eat, and I don't think she understands that what she is actually doing is training them that if they eat rocks they get biscuits.

My mother is a bit of a pillock.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1384499996654018560

As always, the Bad Naomi is the idiot.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

learnincurve posted:

I wasn’t actually joking about the jorts though. (the dog is called bug)

Can they really be jorts if they extend below the knee? Those are practically japris.

Cute doggo(s) btw

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
And furthermore, why would legwear which covers the knees be something you'd need to change in response to a comment regarding visible knees? I'm starting to feel you weren't asking about it in good faith at all!

(that is a very good dog. I can tell because it is a dog :3:)

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
(All dogs are good dogs OP)

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

hell yeah

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

learnincurve posted:

Mmmm oxblood boots.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

learnincurve posted:

(All dogs are good dogs OP)

Except those class traitors in the paw patrol

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

https://twitter.com/chaichaiteatea/status/1384379803122368513

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

No idiots, but since good dogs came up figured if anyone wasn't aware:

There's a doggo thread in GIP.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3553037

The cute thread here in PYF has plenty of doggos and other cuties
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3769444

And the #blessed thread in GBS also gets some good dogs and other good things
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3847325

All good threads to bookmark

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Skwirl posted:

drat, Jimmy Saville doesn't think you're hot, too old to be a refuge.

I assure you, Jimmy Saville much preferred his victims to be fridge cold.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/BadCOVID19Takes/status/1384571534879100930

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Pastry of the Year posted:

Oh, buddy, have I got a :420:-page thread for you to get caught up on: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3808768

I am very very good thank you.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Asked on the local subreddit for places that people liked taking their dogs, as it's always hard to gauge places that are truly dog friendly and places that just have a single table at the front that's in a strip mall parking lot. Anyway, amongst the truly good suggestions I got this reply from someone...

quote:

Honestly in Oakland Park I would say Keith’s puppy center on 3rd and oakmont. It’s loving great and if it weren’t for Keith I’d probably be dead so I owe my life (and my wife) to him. Kinda not what I want but that’s the way it shakes out, ya know?

Anyway, gently caress KFC. If you need fried chicken get it from a reputable source. You’re in loving Oakland Park for god’s sakes. There’s fried chicken everywhere.

Best of luck to you.

1. There is no such place as Keith's Puppy Center, not is "Oakmont" a place.

2. There was no mention of KFC in my, or anyone elses, posts.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Asked on the local subreddit for places that people liked taking their dogs, as it's always hard to gauge places that are truly dog friendly and places that just have a single table at the front that's in a strip mall parking lot. Anyway, amongst the truly good suggestions I got this reply from someone...

1. There is no such place as Keith's Puppy Center, not is "Oakmont" a place.

2. There was no mention of KFC in my, or anyone elses, posts.

Your quoted text says "Oakland park" they probably had multiple tabs open and got your post and a different post in a different subreddit confused or jammed together in their head. I look at local threads here for both where I currently live and places I used to live.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

I love when people take Bible verses out of context to justify their nonsense.

Romans 12:2: Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Sounds right up the :tinfoil: alley, right?

Here's all of Romans 12:

quote:

1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. 2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

3 For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you. 4 For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, 5 so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. 6 We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; 7 if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; 8 if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.

9 Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. 10 Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. 11 Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. 12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. 13 Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.

14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 15 Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. 16 Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.

17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. 18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. 19 Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord. 20 On the contrary:

“If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.
In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.”

21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hihohe posted:

Except those class traitors in the paw patrol

Do not disparage firefighters as if they were cops