Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Sjs00 posted:

are you still having issues scheduling an appointment? this site has been proven to work well, check it out
https://vaccinefinder.org/

I got both of mine already but hope this helps someone else!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Castaign
Apr 4, 2011

And now I knew that while my body sat safe in the cheerful little church, he had been hunting my soul in the Court of the Dragon.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

hi friends will tylenol in morning I don't wanna barf it up because it always gets in my nose and then I get a cold. I am incredibly warm though and my fever is only 100 or so now, so it died really good and the shivers are gone now at 15 hours in.

this is a realy good thread nd I'm gonna go try to go back to sleep.

Hey Fluffy Bunnies, fellow Georgia goon here. I'm overjoyed to hear that you're on dose two - sorry to hear that the side effects are kicking your rear end so hard right now, and I hope that you feel tons better soon.

Monday was the two week post vacc point for me, and hitting that milestone felt incredible. I know we all recognize how stressful this is, but I didn't really understand just how stressful until the constant low grade dread went away.

I hope that you experience a similar catharsis!

Castaign
Apr 4, 2011

And now I knew that while my body sat safe in the cheerful little church, he had been hunting my soul in the Court of the Dragon.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

In case anyone was wondering why a 40 year old dude with hosed up veins was getting a coronavirus vaccine in Australia in the first place:

But yeah, might not even be related to the vaccine at all.

https://www.ucihealth.org/medical-s...n%20be%20fatal.

It's definitely already a risk. I know this because of a hip replacement at the end of 2019.

That isn't to say it wasn't vaccine related, but deep vein thrombosis is not at all uncommon (Google says it has annual incidence rate of 1 out of every 1000 adults).

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1384878143308173313

A good thread demonstrating the real-world efficacy of the vaccines.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Working incredibly well in Israel as well.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!
https://twitter.com/SCMPNews/status/1384769301819891712

lol

quote:

Questions first arose last September, when visiting health officials noted workers at a veterinary clinic in Calama operating without masks. Questioned, they claimed they had been vaccinated by a local veterinary surgeon.

The first Covid-19 vaccines arrived in Chile months later, in December.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Had my pre flight pcr test today. The nurse swabbing me mentioned they’ve not had a positive result yet. I found it pretty strange and it got me wondering if these private tests are even any good or it’s just all a facade to put the general public of travelling? It will have cost me ~£600 in testing by the time I’ve got back from Sweden, 100% of which is going to private entities. Feels odd.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Just got my second dose of the Moderna vaccine. Haven't felt any aches yet, but it'll probably kick in about 6 hours from now.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

11 hours, 30 minutes into moderna 2: I threw up on my sheep.

Is this a euphemism, or...

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
My second Pfizer shot is in 5 hrs.....

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Also i'm taking some strong immunosuppressants (TNF blockers) for other health issues, not sure if it's going to affect things with the vaccine.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Gynovore posted:

Is this a euphemism, or...

I assume autocorrect from “in my sleep”.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Spinz posted:

My second Pfizer shot is in 5 hrs.....

You'll be fine! Relax your arm and shoulder, hurt much less the 2nd time. No side effects for me but a slightly sore arm and MAYBE being a little bit more tired than usual.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
GET VAXXED BITCHEZZZZ

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I can't believe those people went to the vet for a vaccine like what

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Nominate threw up on my sheep as new thread title

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Sjs00 posted:

My in-laws are those people who get some of their people meds from pet med catalogs, partly because they're crazy and partly because :911:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Sjs00 posted:

When Biden said he was gonna authorize vets to vax people, I got pissed because I'd just taken my dog to the vet for his own dog shots and I would have happily gotten vaxed in solidarity with him.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Yeah if my vets waiting area wasn't so small I would have gladly took my cats to get their shots updated and get my covid shot at the same time. Until I am fully immunized though the cats have to wait as I won't go until 2 weeks after my second because of the size of the place.

I see nothing wrong with getting a shot at the vet, they are still Drs and it's just a jab in the arm. I'd actually trust them more than the national guard or whatever the person was who gave me mine.

Tagra
Apr 7, 2006

If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Platystemon posted:

They work on a farm so I took it literally.

I don't know how the sheep felt about it, though.

Scaramouche posted:

Nominate threw up on my sheep as new thread title

:hmmyes:

Now that HGB is gone who will title us, though? :(

We're going to be stuck with a 12 hour corona boner FOREVER

Tagra fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Apr 21, 2021

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Platystemon posted:

no.

I horked over the edge of my porch and onto my sheep. They were incredibly excited.

29-ish hours in: tylenol came up too but at least I'm not a shivery person anymore.

Vets are cool but I dunno about getting poked by one.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Bape Culture posted:

Had my pre flight pcr test today. The nurse swabbing me mentioned they’ve not had a positive result yet. I found it pretty strange and it got me wondering if these private tests are even any good or it’s just all a facade to put the general public of travelling? It will have cost me ~£600 in testing by the time I’ve got back from Sweden, 100% of which is going to private entities. Feels odd.

600? How many tests? That seems super excessive.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Hopper posted:

600? How many tests? That seems super excessive.

6 in total. Sweden is expensive and the new uk law requiring tests on day 2 and 8 of return is a pisstake and some places are charging £500 just for those two! Imo it should have all been handled by the nhs and I money could have helped with our actual system instead of lining the pockets of all these miscreants.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
Moderna Trip Report: Got shot yesterday. Arm has been sore all day. Vaguely fatigued, but that could just be lack of motivation.

Got shot at a grocery store pharmacy. My wife and I were the only ones getting a shot there at the time. They had signs out front saying they were taking walk-ins. I was expecting something more assembly line, but it was pretty chilled. Next time I'll remember to order a sub while I wait. We've been doing grocery delivery for quite a while, so walking through the store felt kind of weird.

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

My wife used to work at a Vet clinic and some of her former vets volunteer at vaccine clinics on the weekend and have given out probably hundreds of shots at this point. Its mostly done through the county and like someone else said, they are still doctors who just assembly line through muscular injections all day. They can also sit there and babysit people through the 15min observation period, and handle any allergic reactions or whatever else pop up. One lady vet said no one ever really asks where hey day job is anyways, but when people say they didnt feel a thing or whatever she goofs that she would hope so, people are way more easy to work on than animals.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
When a people doctor botches an injection they get bad attitude from the patient. When a vet botches an injection they get physically attacked by the patient. Seems obvious which one should be preferred if you are choosing who will stick you with a needle.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

no.

I horked over the edge of my porch and onto my sheep. They were incredibly excited.

29-ish hours in: tylenol came up too but at least I'm not a shivery person anymore.

Coronavirus 2021: I threw up on my sheep

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Some of the dumbest, most incompetent dipshits I’ve ever met are still incapable of messing up an IM injection, and that’s in like high pressure “person is in anaphylactic shock” type stuff. Vets and National Guard people are fine for doing vaccines.

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Can you post the content from that? If you're not logged into Twitter you can't see it.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Gynovore posted:

mr_jolly
Aug 20, 2003

Not so jolly now

Gynovore posted:

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Gynovore posted:

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Gynovore posted:

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

Lobsterboy posted:

My wife used to work at a Vet clinic and some of her former vets volunteer at vaccine clinics on the weekend and have given out probably hundreds of shots at this point. Its mostly done through the county and like someone else said, they are still doctors who just assembly line through muscular injections all day. They can also sit there and babysit people through the 15min observation period, and handle any allergic reactions or whatever else pop up. One lady vet said no one ever really asks where hey day job is anyways, but when people say they didnt feel a thing or whatever she goofs that she would hope so, people are way more easy to work on than animals.

Honestly at this point it's like going to your regular vet for a spay/neuter over a spay/neuter clinic. All the vet surgeons at the spay/neuter clinics do so many more spay/neuters a day than your regular vet does in a month.

The staff doing shots at this point are probably some of the most skilled at giving shots around right now, from pure amount of practice

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

no.

:cumpolice:

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Gynovore posted:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Got my second dose on Sunday, only side effects seem to be mild chills and winning a state lottery.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

36 hours post vax and I am left wondering... where is *my* corona boner?

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I got my first Moderna today and I just slept for 5 hours and am still super tired. Which rules, because I have 10 days of covid/vaccine emergency sick time to use this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Gynovore posted: