Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Toe Rag posted:

Yup, feels the same as my other gauntlet, just on the tighter side.

rad. I'll probably snag them from revzilla since my LBS is "just" an extremely good mechanic and revzilla returns are ezpz. appreciate it, hopefully these are the gloves I've been looking for forever :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alamoduh
Sep 12, 2011

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Someone used to make gloves with a windshield wiper rubber part along the outside of the index finger

I forget who hit it always seemed like a really dumb and really good idea simultaneously

E: https://www.reddit.com/r/mildlyinte...utm_name=iossmf

Not a dumb idea at all, my BMW gloves had this and it’s very, very, incredibly useful. Especially if you just rest your hand on the bottom of your chin guard and flick up in a nice intermittent rhythm. “Swish...swish...swish...swish.”

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

A POOOST!?!??! YEEAAAAHHHH
Any waterproof glove should have a viper on the left glove somewhere. If not the designer has failed. Sure you can angle your head a little in the airstream to move some beads, but if it's only intermittent rain it's nice to get the droplets at least a little wiped away before it dries.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?
Holy poo poo is that what this is? I never understood what this was for, I thought it was just a style thing.

Also these Dainese winter gloves are great.

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.
Alpinestars Patron Goretex gloves also have visor wipes but they are built into the side of the index fingers are are super easy to miss if you don't know that they are there.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Held Clear Vision visor wipe on the left index finger of my Held Air and Dry gloves.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Supradog posted:

Any waterproof glove should have a viper on the left glove somewhere. If not the designer has failed. Sure you can angle your head a little in the airstream to move some beads, but if it's only intermittent rain it's nice to get the droplets at least a little wiped away before it dries.

Yeah, I thought this was super common for modern water proof gloves.

If you gloves don't have them, you can always add them with something like this

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

Supradog posted:

I don't know, it seems dangerous. Although I suppose riding gear will protect you from snake bites.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

pun pundit posted:

I don't know, it seems dangerous. Although I suppose riding gear will protect you from snake bites.

:golfclap:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I ended up ordering the Dainese Nexus boot over the A*. With no-hassle returns I'm happy to experiment with fit, which I gather can fluctuate with Dainese boots. Nothing against the A*, I just liked the look of the Dainese more and they seemed to offer about the same level of protection.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

I also just hopped on the Dianese train; went to try on jackets today since I wasn't really happy with the bulky fit of the Sidici I just bought, and the Dianese stuff fit me like my own skin (I have a slender/athletic build). I left the tags on the Sidici just in case something like this happened so that will be an easy return, and a Carve Master 2 is on its way to me now. Also they were amazingly helpful and patient with a stupid n00b like me, and made no effort to pressure me into buying anything in particular. Even advised me to check out the clothing selection at another local shop. Might go back there to look at boots soon.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

bizwank posted:

I also just hopped on the Dianese train; went to try on jackets today since I wasn't really happy with the bulky fit of the Sidici I just bought, and the Dianese stuff fit me like my own skin (I have a slender/athletic build).

Yeah I like Dainese but the problem I have is that their leather pants can't accommodate my massive penis

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

They sell a Dainese branded sheath just for that

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Tuck & roll

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

I was just trying to remember the name of my new jacket and what my brain came up with was "Meat Squeezer". I guess that is what it does, in a sense. Carve Master to me is a guy working the prime rib station at a buffet.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Meat Squeezer is when I accidentally bought my Dainese Assen jacket in a 50 instead of a 52.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Had a hilarious time trying to get the knee armor into the Cortech jeans, ended up wearing regular jeans to go get the biek from storage lol. Blind velcrowing things is fun.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Turn 'em inside out next time. Works for elbow pads too.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

Martytoof posted:

They sell a Dainese branded sheath just for that
Brings a whole new meaning to the term "tank slapper"

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Doesn't Dainese also own AGV helmets? So I suppose they can accomodate me.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Went and bought a Tech-Air 5 vest today.

First impressions:
Fits well, just feels like a rather large rigid back protector attached to a t-shirt.
It's a lot more compact than the Helite Turtle (jfc that things gas canister is huge).
It's nice they included a magnetic USB charging adapter so you don't ruin your approx 1000 quid jacket by unplugging and re-plugging the USB connector repeatedly.
The tech-air app is totally designed by someone who makes shoes.

But I also sold all my motorcycles, so I have literally nothing beyond that to add and probably won't be riding for the next 6 months... just when the weather is getting good.

Horse Clocks fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Apr 22, 2021

katka
Apr 18, 2008

:roboluv::h: :awesomelon: :h::roboluv:
So I'm looking for a recommendation for a good pair of summer gloves. I bought a little 20 dollar pair of BILT gloves to take the MSF course with and they were completely fine for that but I'd really rather not test them out in a real crash.

Only thing I know I want on them for sure is some palm sliders and ideally under a 100 bucks. Any good choices around this price point?

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

katka posted:

So I'm looking for a recommendation for a good pair of summer gloves. I bought a little 20 dollar pair of BILT gloves to take the MSF course with and they were completely fine for that but I'd really rather not test them out in a real crash.

Only thing I know I want on them for sure is some palm sliders and ideally under a 100 bucks. Any good choices around this price point?

Knox Orsa Textile are $100 exactly on RevZilla.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

I’m a big fan of my revit canyons, though they don’t have a hard plastic/TPU slider. I wanted A* cellars but I have big fat American hands so nothing would fit without being 3X and way too long in the fingers.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:
I love the Held Hamada

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Fixed up the armor placement and went for a ride yesterday in the new jeans, much better lol

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Boot question. I've got some Forma Adventure Low that I like, however I may have an issue. I think they may be forcing my legs into a weird spot on the z400 where a bit of plastic ends, and it kinda pokes into my leg if I hug the tank. I feel like my leg is supposed to rest either above or below it.

I wore a pair of work boots out today that are a lot lower and also have a thinner sole, and I was able to bend more at the ankle to get my legs in a better spot.

I'm not sure if I'm just not positioning myself correctly, or maybe I need a different style boot for the ergos of this bike? Would a more race inspired boot offer more flexibility or a thinner sole?

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

A Proper Uppercut posted:

Boot question. I've got some Forma Adventure Low that I like, however I may have an issue. I think they may be forcing my legs into a weird spot on the z400 where a bit of plastic ends, and it kinda pokes into my leg if I hug the tank. I feel like my leg is supposed to rest either above or below it.

I wore a pair of work boots out today that are a lot lower and also have a thinner sole, and I was able to bend more at the ankle to get my legs in a better spot.

I'm not sure if I'm just not positioning myself correctly, or maybe I need a different style boot for the ergos of this bike? Would a more race inspired boot offer more flexibility or a thinner sole?

Stretch your hips.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Do more kegel exercises

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

TheBacon posted:

I’m a big fan of my revit canyons, though they don’t have a hard plastic/TPU slider. I wanted A* cellars but I have big fat American hands so nothing would fit without being 3X and way too long in the fingers.

So it’s not just me then? Every A* pair I have to size up to 2XL, but my Spidis and Klims have been XL.

More flexibility is going to be a liability if you go down. How broken in are they? Mine have worn in enough to feel like regular hiking boots, so they could probably be replaced.

Revvik fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Apr 25, 2021

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Revvik posted:

So it’s not just me then? Every A* pair I have to size up to 2XL, but my Spidis and Klims have been XL.

More flexibility is going to be a liability if you go down. How broken in are they? Mine have worn in enough to feel like regular hiking boots, so they could probably be replaced.

They're pretty new, so yea maybe I just need to break them in.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Replaced my 43 Dainese Nexus boots with 42 and they fit much better.

Dainese sizing is really weird, I dunno. I typically wear a size ten shoe because wide feet. Everyone online seems to say Dainese runs small so I should order next size up so I thought 43 would be perfect, but they felt kind of floppy around the ankle. 42 which equates to a US 9 seems to fit me perfectly despite wide feet. In closing, shoe sizing is a land of contrasts.

I'd be doing this in person if we weren't in a lockdown. Decided to wait with my pants until I can go size in person.

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.
The Dainese employees at the Manhattan flagship store are good guys who'll work with you to order and get proper sizing. The people working there are mostly young motorcycle enthusiasts. I've never even bothered to try their boots because of my ultra wide duck flipper shaped feet. Only TCX and Sidi Mega fit me reliably.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
these are imo the best looking gloves i think Dainese ever made, annoying that they don't make them or anything similar anymore

i regret not buying them again when cyclegear replaced mine for free after 1 year of hard use and they tore a hole in the palm just pulling them on

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Which ones are those? I have Carbon D1 short gloves and while I do love them, they wore through so incredibly quickly that it soured me on getting another pair. I’m not even a heavy/frequent rider but within 6 months the suede palm looked like a shag carpet.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
dainese four strokes, i liked em cause they had metal guards rather than plastic/carbon. i have the carbon d1 gauntlets for winter/spirited riding too but it's just too hot for me to stand wearing gauntlets in the summer in GA

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I really need to get more accustomed to wearing gauntlets. I have a pair of good A* that I never wear because I just hate how they feel so I wear the shaggy Dainese all the time :\

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Razzled posted:

dainese four strokes, i liked em cause they had metal guards rather than plastic/carbon. i have the carbon d1 gauntlets for winter/spirited riding too but it's just too hot for me to stand wearing gauntlets in the summer in GA

lol I got the rev'it cayenne pros just because they had aluminum knuckles :hellyeah:

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

A POOOST!?!??! YEEAAAAHHHH
I added 2.61 grams of bling to my helmet.

Old boring

New Freshness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I wonder how much lighter my helmet is after all the dings and scratches