Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

It seems like once you have the power to force every magical person in the country to participate in a survival game against their will you should have been able to just kill everyone who might go against your plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
The first rule only applies to any sorcerers like Megumi's sister that Geto prepped beforehand, right? Plus I got the impression Geto doesn't really care about killing everyone who disagrees since lol, what're they gonna do? Get hit with centipedes and fail, probably.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Ethiser posted:

It seems like once you have the power to force every magical person in the country to participate in a survival game against their will you should have been able to just kill everyone who might go against your plan.

The way Tengen explained it, Kenjaku only has the power to force everyone into the culling game precisely because he's doing it in a convoluted way. It's a Nen-style power-from-restrictions thing.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TheHan posted:

The first rule only applies to any sorcerers like Megumi's sister that Geto prepped beforehand, right? Plus I got the impression Geto doesn't really care about killing everyone who disagrees since lol, what're they gonna do? Get hit with centipedes and fail, probably.

Yes. The people he marked, then edited the brains of with Idle Transfiguration, or the people he put Cursed Objects into then unsealed with Idle Transfiguration.

However anyone that enters the barriers becomes players, unless they were people (Including those he marked) that were in the barrier at the time of it's creation.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Silver2195 posted:

The way Tengen explained it, Kenjaku only has the power to force everyone into the culling game precisely because he's doing it in a convoluted way. It's a Nen-style power-from-restrictions thing.

Yeah this arc is very HunterXHunter.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
https://imgur.com/a/D14T97G

Here's the speedscan of the new chapter

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Man im still iffy on the whole culling game thing but i do like stupidly elaborate HxH setups so whatever, I hope he nails some good twists regarding the rules and the heroes or villains twisting stuff to their advantage.

Also at the end is that a normie inheriting nanami's CT?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Jerkface posted:

Also at the end is that a normie inheriting nanami's CT?

That was my thought which probably means he’s a distant relative.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-146/chapter/22365?action=read

Proper translation.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Oh god it's Gantz + HxH Succession war and I'm still trying to decompress from Shibuya.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

RatHat posted:

Yeah this arc is very HunterXHunter.

Welcome to Greed Island, everybody.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

I Am Fowl posted:

Welcome to Greed Island, everybody.

If Greed Island was Japan and you got points by murdering people.

I think. I can see a good loophole rule to counter the score can’t stay the same. Ask the GM to make it so players passively gain points.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
The GM awards points based on target value. The examples are that civilians with no curse energy are worth 1 point and sorcerers are worth five but nothing explicitly states that a powerful curse isn't worth points to exorcise. The game simply suggests that you must kill people to accrue points.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

I Am Fowl posted:

The GM awards points based on target value. The examples are that civilians with no curse energy are worth 1 point and sorcerers are worth five but nothing explicitly states that a powerful curse isn't worth points to exorcise. The game simply suggests that you must kill people to accrue points.

Depends on if Curses start attacking. Still it looks like Powerful intelligent Curses are out of the running until the Disaster Curses reincarnate. Unless Jogo secretly survived his encounter with Sukuna which is super unlikely.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

MonsterEnvy posted:

Depends on if Curses start attacking. Still it looks like Powerful intelligent Curses are out of the running until the Disaster Curses reincarnate. Unless Jogo secretly survived his encounter with Sukuna which is super unlikely.

Jogo absolutely died because he met the already dead natural disaster curses in the ethereal plane after he got whupped and had the tearful smile goodbye panel.

I feel like the powerful intelligent curses aren't directly tied to them, they had just been gathering them. If the whole country has been put under a curse restriction, it feels entirely possible more of them may come out of the wood work looking to gain status with Kenjaky from the culling game.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
https://imgur.com/a/5HdPcPK speed scan of 147

3 week break :negative:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

NO MY BOY YAGA

NOOOOO A 3 WEEK BREAK

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hang on

You can't just go on break after ending a chapter like that :negative:

This is also the second time Gakuganji got in a fight, but we don't get to see him fight. Makes wonder if it's on purpose or they're still trying to figure out how to write/draw his power.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Electric Phantasm posted:

Hang on

You can't just go on break after ending a chapter like that :negative:

This is also the second time Gakuganji got in a fight, but we don't get to see him fight. Makes wonder if it's on purpose or they're still trying to figure out how to write/draw his power.

We saw him fight in the Kyoto goodwill event arc. He can send out energy blasts from his guitar or something, though that probably isn’t the extent of his powers.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

RatHat posted:

We saw him fight in the Kyoto goodwill event arc. He can send out energy blasts from his guitar or something, though that probably isn’t the extent of his powers.

That's what I'm getting at, there's got to be more, right?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yeah wheres the old mans weirdo technique

And what kind of music does he play

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Yeah wheres the old mans weirdo technique

And what kind of music does he play

Hendrix stuff going by his shirt. Though according to the author he is looking for a drummer for his band.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Official Translation.

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-147/chapter/22420?action=read

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
hosed up chapter. I'd forgotten about Yaga and him getting the death penalty seemed pretty severe just for his association with Gojou but this chapter makes it make sense. So the question of the cores that comprise Panda would likely be Yaga himself or Kusakabe, Takeru, and Takeru's mother.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Brought To You By posted:

hosed up chapter. I'd forgotten about Yaga and him getting the death penalty seemed pretty severe just for his association with Gojou but this chapter makes it make sense. So the question of the cores that comprise Panda would likely be Yaga himself or Kusakabe, Takeru, and Takeru's mother.

Takeru is another different intelligent Cursed Corpse.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Apr 25, 2021

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

is another different intelligent Cursed Corpse.

Do you mean that Takeru is another independent curse corpse? Because I agree but it seems odd to bring up that Panda himself is a 4th consciousness that arises when you have 3 other souls observe each other and then show us that Yaga's research had already yielded the results to copy one soul and the 3 souls used to make puppets like Panda need to be "highly compatible". A mother and son are 2/3 of that equation so I think the implication is that Yaga used them to make panda.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Do you mean that Takeru is another independent curse corpse? Because I agree but it seems odd to bring up that Panda himself is a 4th consciousness that arises when you have 3 other souls observe each other and then show us that Yaga's research had already yielded the results to copy one soul and the 3 souls used to make puppets like Panda need to be "highly compatible". A mother and son are 2/3 of that equation so I think the implication is that Yaga used them to make panda.

Panda was said to be created through three cores. His own and his big brother and sister. Also we can see a bunch of other Curse Corpse's with Takeru so Yaga has presumably made many of them. Panda just seems to have been his first creation.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Panda was said to be created through three cores. His own and his big brother and sister. Also we can see a bunch of other Curse Corpse's with Takeru so Yaga has presumably made many of them. Panda just seems to have been his first creation.

There are two flashbacks. In Yaga's he mentions to Masamaru that his mother will come back to visit him again. This is obviously the flashback before he's detained by the college for making Panda. Then we got Kusakabe's flashback to when the Takeru puppet meets with the original's mother which is a moment that predates yaga's talk with Takeru on the stump. I think the jury is still out on whether or not the Takeru puppet and the others have 3 cores or are just 1 core puppets containing copies of specific individuals. Panda himself doesn't have any specific memories of being a human but the Takeru Puppet more obviously has mannerisms of the original.

Or maybe like usual I have a bad read on this story and the simplest answer is that Yaga did make a small village of panda's

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

There are two flashbacks. In Yaga's he mentions to Masamaru that his mother will come back to visit him again. This is obviously the flashback before he's detained by the college for making Panda. Then we got Kusakabe's flashback to when the Takeru puppet meets with the original's mother which is a moment that predates yaga's talk with Takeru on the stump. I think the jury is still out on whether or not the Takeru puppet and the others have 3 cores or are just 1 core puppets containing copies of specific individuals. Panda himself doesn't have any specific memories of being a human but the Takeru Puppet more obviously has mannerisms of the original.

Or maybe like usual I have a bad read on this story and the simplest answer is that Yaga did make a small village of panda's

You misread some stuff.

There are two Flashbacks. The first one is when he is captured and tells Gakuganji he does not know how to make more Curse Corpses like Panda. Then we go back to the present (You can tell because the border is white.) were Yaga is talking to Takeru, and saying how he and the other Curse Corpses will be fine without him, before leaving to go and die. We cut to Kusakabe freeing Panda and then Kusakabes Flashback, Before going to Yaga meeting the guys who will kill him for not sharing how to make intelligent Curse Corpses.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
The implication is that yes, all those were like Panda. In the flashback to when Panda was created, they say that it is possible to make intelligent Cursed Corpses but they still require energy from the creator to keep going. Panda and his siblings are fully independent, generate their own cursed energy to stay alive, and thus Yaga's death won't stop them unlike a normal Cursed Corpse.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
They didn't have to do Panda like that...

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

You misread some stuff.

There are two Flashbacks. The first one is when he is captured and tells Gakuganji he does not know how to make more Curse Corpses like Panda. Then we go back to the present (You can tell because the border is white.) were Yaga is talking to Takeru, and saying how he and the other Curse Corpses will be fine without him, before leaving to go and die. We cut to Kusakabe freeing Panda and then Kusakabes Flashback, Before going to Yaga meeting the guys who will kill him for not sharing how to make intelligent Curse Corpses.

I mean the village of dolls would show that he lied to Gakuganji about knowing how to make sentient curse dolls. But if that's the case and the order you say is correct, I wonder if the current arc will show us more of Panda's past. Because I find it odd that the story emphasized that he doesn't think of himself as human and then show us a subsequent sentient curse doll that clearly mirrors parts of the human that went into making it.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I still don't get why Yaga got written out of the story like that, felt like a waste. Also I wish he'd grow old and cool (cooler than he already is) like his RL inspiration. I guess there's some other stips on the method of making independent cursed corpses as he seemed to have saddled Gakuganji with something?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Lily Catts posted:

I still don't get why Yaga got written out of the story like that, felt like a waste. Also I wish he'd grow old and cool (cooler than he already is) like his RL inspiration. I guess there's some other stips on the method of making independent cursed corpses as he seemed to have saddled Gakuganji with something?

Presumably to show just how big of bastards the Higher ups are with no Gojo to oppose them.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Lily Catts posted:

The thing that he saddled Gaku with was the knowledge of making independent cursed corpses. Gaku now has to live with the knowledge, and struggle with the decision of whether or not to give the information up to the higher-ups, who will probably immediately utilize the knowledge to create an army. And if someone finds out that Gaku knows, then he might be marked for execution just like Yaga was. It's the curse of knowledge.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
https://onepiecechapters.com/manga/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-148/

speedscan is out

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Ahhh just when you think the Zen'ins can't get any worse.

Like seriously Ougi is an utter piece of trash, honestly the fact that he crying that his daughters inconvenienced him just makes him worse.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It felt like there was a lot going on this chapter, a few moments where I expected it to end, but it kept going.

Not complaining though, those are the best kinds of chapters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Official Translation

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-148/chapter/22421?action=read

Once again the Zen'ins are bastards.