Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Quit apeing out poo poo.

Might want to edit that, buddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
It's clear Nick Caserio has a plan. That's all I got.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Black Sunshine posted:

Ome thing I saw that was interesting was, and let's assume it's bizzaro world and both of Gruden's top 2 picks work out, it's a better financial situation to have the 5th year option on a tackle than a safety. It's definitely "trying to convince yourself" type poo poo but ultimately it is true.

IDK we've typically been god awful in the first round but pretty dece in 2nd/3rd. It's like they have to get the lovely pick out of their system early

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

MrLogan posted:

Might want to edit that, buddy.

Woof

One little letter makes a world of difference.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

lol I looked up apeing out on urban dictionary because I thought that this is something people were saying now.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
I say it all the time. hey buddy wanna go out apeing with me?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Feeling pretty mad about this Bengals draft class. Some guys I'm really excited about but a bunch of folks I don't have a lot of optimism for.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Eifert Posting posted:

Feeling pretty mad about this Bengals draft class. Some guys I'm really excited about but a bunch of folks I don't have a lot of optimism for.

Yeah but you got Chase reunited with Burrow which is crazy delicious

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That was meant to be meh. Autocorrect.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Still not a fan of taking a RB in the first round, but Najee Harris is a dope human being. I really don't know what to make of this draft, it seems way more conservative than usual Steelers draft classes. They hit every position of need eventually, and Colbert stated last week they felt this draft was very deep at OL and EDGE, and that's pretty much exactly how they approached it, despite having glaring needs at OT and C. Seems like they had a pretty solid strategy according to their own views, and it appears to me that they simply took their highest rated player at a position of need in the order they'd predetermined. Best available RB in rd1, best TE on the board at their pick at #55, the C they graded highest and available in rd3, etc.

Overall, it was a very true to how the Steelers do things, so it's hard to be mad about it.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
We doing UDFA's here? Browns landed a name....not a talent anymore but a name

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1388627185250959362

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

D-LINK posted:

Still not a fan of taking a RB in the first round, but Najee Harris is a dope human being. I really don't know what to make of this draft, it seems way more conservative than usual Steelers draft classes. They hit every position of need eventually, and Colbert stated last week they felt this draft was very deep at OL and EDGE, and that's pretty much exactly how they approached it, despite having glaring needs at OT and C. Seems like they had a pretty solid strategy according to their own views, and it appears to me that they simply took their highest rated player at a position of need in the order they'd predetermined. Best available RB in rd1, best TE on the board at their pick at #55, the C they graded highest and available in rd3, etc.

Overall, it was a very true to how the Steelers do things, so it's hard to be mad about it.

At first glance I like this draft class a lot.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
I'm a big fan of the Browns draft. All of the guys clearly have great traits in at least one category, with clear potential roles. I'd have liked a but more d line help, but I'm not worried. Our edges are deeper than last year, and our DTs are a little worse. But every other area on D is much better. We had a great run defense and a poo poo pass defense and we all saw what happened with that. So I'd trade that for good pass defense and mediocre run defense.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I have no idea who any of the late round guys are but they fit the athletic archetype that Paton is going for. I'm very happy with Day 1* and Day 2 so I'm grading the Broncos draft a solid B+.

*I've come around on Surtain. My gut is telling me they wanted Lance to sit behind Lock/Bridgewater for a year and when that didn't happen they went for the next best fit.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Roasted Donut posted:

At first glance I like this draft class a lot.

I would have much rather they traded up for Teven Jenkins than take Friermuth, but hard to mad about a massive upgrade at TE

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
The only real problem with the steelers draft is using their first two picks on non-premium positions, and I'm always wary of drafting TEs high because the NFL seems so bad at identifying the good ones. But as if they get a first round caliber RB and a second round caliber TE, those were obviously huge weaknesses

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
If AVT is a pro bowl Guard, this draft is a home run for the Jets. If he isn't, I don't love the trade up.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

mcmagic posted:

If AVT is a pro bowl Guard, this draft is a home run for the Jets. If he isn't, I don't love the trade up.

There's no such thing as a sure thing but I really have a hard time seeing how he could not be good. Particularly if they keep them inside and don't try to force them at tackle I think he's going to be a stud. I haven't really looked at everybody's pics yet but while watching the draft I remember liking the Lions, Boys, Jets and the Texans.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1388635023008575488?s=21

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1388627185250959362?s=19

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Eifert Posting posted:

There's no such thing as a sure thing but I really have a hard time seeing how he could not be good. Particularly if they keep them inside and don't try to force them at tackle I think he's going to be a stud. I haven't really looked at everybody's pics yet but while watching the draft I remember liking the Lions, Boys, Jets and the Texans.

It's likely that he's at least a decent starter for a long time but the Vikings also got Derrisaw and Wyatt Davis with picks the Jets traded them so he has to be pro bowl level to justify that imo.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I have mixed feelings about the Colts draft. I really like each of the first two picks in a vacuum, but I don't love them as a combination. Apparently Ballard secretly hated this OT class all along, so we still have a huge need there and one less way to potentially fill it. That being said, our 4th-rounder looks like someone who can contribute right away at TE, and the late-round safety, WR, and OL have potential to provide valuable depth. The Ehlinger pick was a bit of a head-scratcher, but I'm cool with a backup QB camp battle.

That 1-2 combination just left me with kind of a sour taste. It's a disappointing feeling to go into a draft that's deep with OT, have a glaring need at OT, and walk away with basically nothing at the position.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

competition for the backup spot???

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1388632069622829056

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/1388631587118485507?s=20

Also...

:siren: FULLBACK ALERT :siren:

https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/1388632816003342336?s=20

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Bengals are signing Antonio Phillips.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Was gonna say camp arm but I guess they really should consider getting someone who hasn't been half retired for years on the roster there.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/Patriots/status/1388632363953950720

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

https://twitter.com/edbouchette/status/1388624935103303680?s=21

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I love doggos sitting in chairs like they're people :3:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Even while filming this PR bit it's so obvious that this dog is the only thing in the world that makes Belichick genuinely happy.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Even while filming this PR bit it's so obvious that this dog is the only thing in the world that makes Belichick genuinely happy.

And jerky boys cassettes

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

BIG BOY PUNTER

ALL HAIL THE LARGE PUNTER

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Watching Navy Lacrosse.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Well, that and special teams play.

Someone get Bill a dog that retrieves kicking tees after the kickoff like that good boy at Boise State.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

If thats the case I guarantee the Dogs name is "Backup Long Snapper"

Snappy for short

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Urban out here just getting anyone he can think of still

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1388643671306760193

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
How many god drat D. Moores do you need Carolina

https://twitter.com/NFLMaliik/status/1388637839408119809?s=19

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Kansas Jayhawks RB Pooka Williams
Ohio State Buckeyes P Drue Christmas
Ball State CB Antonio Phillips
TCU Horned Frogs TE Pro Wells
Marshall Thundering Herd DE Darius Hodge
South Carolina Gamecocks QB Collin Hill

All Bengals

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Pooka's a fun guy but...well he's a fun guy. Fall in love with him during pre-season if he does anything and be prepared for him to get cut I guess.

e: Oh god Pro Wells. Bengals all in on names.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

UDFA is still pretty wholesome

https://twitter.com/JazzmineJayy_/status/1388629683747631105?s=20