Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shaggy--
Nov 9, 2000
Hillary Clinton loves a winner!
With Vegeta's new ability to undo fusion of things could he rip the time compressed power out of granolah? Or does that only work if it was unwilling fusion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Anime rules say no

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
It only works on combined powers like stolen energy or fusions. Granolah's ki is still his ki.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

my fav character pickle-o

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/getFANDOM/status/1390716530879467522?s=19

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

That's gotta be covering the Moro arc, right?

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Electric Phantasm posted:

Not necessarily. Broly was canon but never appeared in the manga. It could be something that happened after Moro or something like that.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Electric Phantasm posted:

Seeing when the movie was announced, I doubt it. This is likely a wholly new story, how it fits with what the manga has done (or if it even does) is yet to be seen.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Make Cooler Canon

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

All im seeing is a picture of a poster for a movie weve already seen?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Hoping for Resurrection C and the reveal of Cell with God Ki.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

here's the actual leak they're talking about
https://twitter.com/DbsHype/status/1390709895935131653

the movie's supposedly being announced on Goku Day (May 9th)

Augus fucked around with this message at 19:43 on May 7, 2021

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

a neat cape posted:

Make Cooler Canon

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I maintain that after Freeza saw how strong Gogeta was, he's thinking about fusing with Coola. Broli will show up and get trounced by the fusion to hype up how strong he is. Then we'll get Ultra Instinct Gogeta to beat Coolza or whatever.

As long as it looks as good as the Broli movie and has some of the humor sprinkled in, I'll be happy.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
After Broly I wouldn’t be surprised if the movies go back to the old movies were they are mostly stand alone. Still technically fit in but in it’s own bubble

Even had the old tradition of just doing older arcs but again

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."

CharlestheHammer posted:

After Broly I wouldn’t be surprised if the movies go back to the old movies were they are mostly stand alone. Still technically fit in but in it’s own bubble

Even had the old tradition of just doing older arcs but again

Only like three moves would fit in the anime timeline, most of the movies are more like "Remove this arc and replace it with this movie, it mostly works." Often with several moves replacing the same arcs.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

ElBrak posted:

Only like three moves would fit in the anime timeline, most of the movies are more like "Remove this arc and replace it with this movie, it mostly works." Often with several moves replacing the same arcs.

Well that’s my point they wouldn’t be exactly the same as these new movies have some planning but I don’t doubt they will be what those were supposed to be.

Like We could see a movie like Coolers revenge, but I doubt it will have Goku go Ultra instinct for the first time, Which is what cooler did for SS

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

the cooler movie should entirely be about frieza family drama and feature no saiyans whatsoever

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
I kinda hope we ignore the Moro and Granolah arcs and just get a clean original story. The Broly movie cut all the fat off of Goku/Vegeta's transformations while the manga's sped pass Mastered Ultra Instinct and is barreling towards Super Mastered Ultra Instinct and Equal Attention Vegeta Powerup.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Clearly a Hoax, because there's no such thing as Goku Day.

Now, if they were to have an announcement on King Piccolo Day, that would be pretty hype.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Stairmaster posted:

the cooler movie should entirely be about frieza family drama and feature no saiyans whatsoever

holy poo poo I would kill I would for a "Day In the Life Of" Frieza solo movie. Find a way to bring Ginyu (and his Force, perhaps) back, make Cooler canon, etc.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

May 9th is Piccolo Day!!

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

Broly Movie Sequel where Broly hangs out with Vegeta's brother Tarble and learns how to be a family man with an alien wife. Goku and Vegeta are perplexed and repeatedly ask why Broly doesn't ask them and people just call them dumbasses.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Not gonna lie, a movie quality Ultra Instinct transformation sequence sounds wild.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

I think just the current arc just being space politics would be way more interesting than what we are getting so I would be cool with that

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

if this is moro people would riot

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I wouldn't mind a second tournament of power but this time its a 3 hour movie and its good.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Aurora posted:

if this is moro people would riot

Well yeah if they adapt something it should at least be good.

But a movie means it won’t be so bloated so that’s nice

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

A Bardock movie where he goes back in time AGAIN and we watch as he is the first ever to activate Ultra Instinct. The enemy he defeats looks like a pallet swapped Jiren.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Babe Magnet posted:

holy poo poo I would kill I would for a "Day In the Life Of" Frieza solo movie. Find a way to bring Ginyu (and his Force, perhaps) back, make Cooler canon, etc.

Frieza finally gets his wish and has to fool his brother into thinking he's still growing

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Tournament of Power movie but it's the meme latin american version

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

ElBrak posted:

A Bardock movie where he goes back in time AGAIN and we watch as he is the first ever to activate Ultra Instinct. The enemy he defeats looks like a pallet swapped Jiren.

El Hermano!?

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
I want the movie to somehow involve the Universe 6 Saiyans, so we can get SS3 Caulifla/Kale/Kefla. Or maybe a fusion dance version of them. Caule? Caulila?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Didn't we already know for a while that there was a new movie in production? Still nice to have some confirmation and a release date though.

Hopefully the anime will eventually return to TV before long as well (Heroes doesn't count).

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

multijoe posted:

Tournament of Power movie but it's the meme latin american version

I'm sorry please post what you mean because that sounds amazing

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
i only want a canon Cooler movie if they commission Drowning Pool to write a song for it

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Homora Gaykemi posted:

i only want a canon Cooler movie if they commission Drowning Pool to write a song for it

Can I interest you in Deftones

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Which band did the buttrock in the English dub for Lord Slug, cause I say bring them back

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Wasn't that korn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Hit or miss Clitoris posted:

I'm sorry please post what you mean because that sounds amazing

Did you miss the whole Gohan Blanco thing when the arc first aired?