Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Cat Machine posted:

DREAMIN

DONT GIVE IT UP NAMI

Hell yeah this is such a good arc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Oda: Oh you thought I was done? that I finished with setting up the fights for this arc? WELL LET ME SHOW YOU MY TRUE POWER!

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

I'm glad Kiku still the one who gets to take down Kanjuro.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Yamato is so pumped to finally have an excuse to fight his dad.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Nami trying to play both sides to get Big Mom and Ulti to fight has me dying :lol:

Cat Machine posted:

DREAMIN

DONT GIVE IT UP NAMI

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I cant wait for Sanji to use Zoro as a bludgeoning weapon, setting up the next true fight:

Sanji vs Chopper

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Countblanc posted:

nice Nicholas D Wolfwood cosplay, sanji

derra
Dec 29, 2012
As fan translated readers, we are all Shinobu

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Countblanc posted:

aw you beat me to it

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Nami: master manipulator.

Countblanc posted:

Sindai fucked around with this message at 20:49 on May 7, 2021

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Sanji having to defend mummy zoro is excellent

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Looks like Page One is still conscious, I am guessing he will get back up weakened and fight Ussop.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Sanji carrying an overly mummified Zoro because he doesn't know the gently caress about first aid is everything I've ever wanted.

All he ever knew is Chopper constantly wrapping Zoro in bandages and went "hell I guess so".

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

lih posted:

Maybe Marco will use his healing powers on Zoro which will be enough to get him back in the fight

assuming Marco is still alive :burger:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
At this point I'm kind of over the set-ups because it's been nothing but cool set ups and then right back to the kaido fight, and then later we'll pop back in for more set-ups. We need some actual resolutions.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

RuBisCO posted:

Sanji carrying an overly mummified Zoro because he doesn't know the gently caress about first aid is everything I've ever wanted.

All he ever knew is Chopper constantly wrapping Zoro in bandages and went "hell I guess so".

i mean zoro has broken basically every bone so it's probably correct

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Last Celebration posted:

I love that Oda could have been boring with Kaido’s high ranking officers just being all dinosaurs but no, one of them’s a spider yokai even though it makes no sense that she’s the one Zoan whose halfway form is is a giant lady torso on top of a giant prehistoric spider, one of them is a sabertooth tiger that’s having a fight with a whale shark, and another is “only” a brachiosaur but when he transforms into a dinosaur his cyborg arm turns into a tongue cannon just because.

Speaking of Black Maria, I wonder if she’s legit half giant since she seems to tower over even Kaido who has to be at least fifteen feet tall.

I think Oda genuinely enjoys going nuts with his drawings and ideas and loves drawing animals in particular, so of course he'd go hog-wild here too.

Also, keep in mind this is the mad lad that came up with the Supernovas in the span of like a few hours, so there's that, too.

Blockhouse posted:

At this point I'm kind of over the set-ups because it's been nothing but cool set ups and then right back to the kaido fight, and then later we'll pop back in for more set-ups. We need some actual resolutions.

I think Oda is doing this to set up a string of chapters of continuous fighting like in Marineford which will be :krad:.

Also, am I the only one thought that instantly thought that Zoro looks like a giant cross joint lol?

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 11:12 on May 8, 2021

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
youve also broken several bones thatve just been discovered, in you

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

I think Oda genuinely enjoys going nuts with his drawings and ideas and loves drawing animals in particular, so of course he'd go hog-wild here too.

Also, keep in mind this is the mad lad that came up with the Supernovas in the span of like a few hours, so there's that, too.

I think Oda is doing this to set up a string of chapters of continuous fighting like in Marineford which will be :krad:.

Also, am I the only one thought that instantly thought that Zoro looks like a giant cross joint lol?

I thought Sanji looked like that from trigun with the crucifix gun.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Countblanc posted:

Thought the exact same thing when I saw that page.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Oda saw the last ep of Jujustsu Kaisen and decided his red head had to do some cool poo poo too

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Countblanc posted:

I mean, I always thought Sanji sorta dressed like him.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The Big Mom/Nami team up/ possible show down is gonna be great.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Of course that would be the final straw that broke the camel's back. Nami has been that girl.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I didn't catch that Ulti kicked Komachiyo after the headbutt. she dead now fam

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

As much as I love Ulti I'm here for Nami beating the poo poo out of her

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I do have to appreciate Ulti's sheer levels of not giving a gently caress here.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1009217

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
I realize that this was already discussed during her vivre card reveal as a quirk of the Japanese language, but I'm suddenly concerned that the presence of a character with a "female heart" in Kiku and a character with a "male heart" in Yamato in the same location as Law will lead to some simple body swap hijinks to neatly wrap up and completely sidestep all the representational issues that the characters bring up which would be a huge shame since Oda has actually been killing it so far, relatively speaking.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Super Rad posted:

I realize that this was already discussed during her vivre card reveal as a quirk of the Japanese language, but I'm suddenly concerned that the presence of a character with a "female heart" in Kiku and a character with a "male heart" in Yamato in the same location as Law will lead to some simple body swap hijinks to neatly wrap up and completely sidestep all the representational issues that the characters bring up which would be a huge shame since Oda has actually been killing it so far, relatively speaking.

Law is going after big mom, the opposite direction Yamato went. there’s no indication yet that he will have time or care for doing that

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
By "same location" I meant they're all in Wano, clearly this isn't something that I'd imagine would happen in the middle of the climactic fight but rather during the post-victory celebration. In any case it's just a random paranoid thought I had reading the latest chapter with the new vivre card info in mind and I just recalled when Smoker and Tashigi got swapped.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Super Rad posted:

We're talking about a manga where a supporting character can literally change peoples' sex.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Oh Snapple! posted:

I do have to appreciate Ulti's sheer levels of not giving a gently caress here.

Yeah it's pretty dope how she's constantly willing to talk poo poo to Big Mom, that takes guts.

Even Queen was terrified inside as he tried to slow down Big Mom.

Ulti just doesn't care.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Super Rad posted:

I don't know if it will happen, but they're transgender, and there's an opportunity to change their gender to the one they are, and you don't want that to happen??

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
theyre already the gender they are lol

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

Marluxia posted:

I don't know if it will happen, but they're transgender, and there's an opportunity to change their gender to the one they are, and you don't want that to happen??

Bit of a difference between wanting your bits modified a little and being yanked out of your body entirely into someone else's.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Marluxia posted:

Well for one, neither character has expressed any kind of gender dysphoria. Additionally the concept of literally swapping into someone else's body has all sorts of icky implications not the least of which is that it takes anime magic to "solve the problem" of someone who is transgender.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

There's a comedic in tone short comic on tumblr almost literally about this, Law doesn't just do bodyswaps after all, he made functioning centaurs and harpies with his powers. I'd share it but it's a bit nsfw in the language it uses.

It don't see it happening for a variety of reasons but I can see the appeal of such a scenario (both for comedic and heartfelt reasons).

One thing I do think is kind of interesting is that Kiku and Yamato are both shown fighting with a demonic mask initially, although I don't remember if anyone else does so.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 04:39 on May 10, 2021

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
not that anybody's body needs to change because of their gender, but weird that people went for Law's body switching powers in this context instead of considering Queen of the Kamabakka Kingdom, Master of Newkama Kenpo, Wielder of the Horu Horu No Mi, The Okama King, Emporio Ivankov

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
I imagine part of the reason Ivankov is a Revolutionary is to help create a world where anyone can travel to obtain such services to be free and true to who they are without fear of reprisal. Hard to book a trip to therapy island when the world is divided up between psychotic feudal warlords, an authoritarian empire, and roving bands of violent assholes.

...oh also One Piece world kinda sucks too, I guess.