Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Love it when chuds accidentally figure it out. There needs to be a word for this it happens so often.

It's a "woken clock moment".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

the_steve posted:

Chudenfreud ?

:golfclap:

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

DarkHorse posted:

gently caress, my job just started using something called that for employee growth, how hosed am I? :ohdear:

The interface sucks and you'll be expected to put a full personal profile in there. How serious your company is about career development I can't say, but mine is so I did the work.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Lib and let die posted:

I straight up refuse to work for an employer that screens through Workday. Whatever sick fucks designed that system deserve the guillotine.

Workday is better than Taleo.

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Imagine a world where you only got one Tweet every four years and if you Tweeted it fraudulently you saw prison time.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
What would it even mean to "fact check a secret ballot"? It's not electronic so there's no transaction log beyond rolls at voting locations, and all (most) handling of absentee and mail ballots already handles duplicates.

Of course regarding the other half, social media posts are mostly opinion, but those that are illegal get removed.

Imagine a 1950s world where newspapers were forced to publish all letters to the editor. :downsgun: Or maybe loving watch the Twilight Zone and realize that the "state bad guys" were unilaterally racist, classist, ableist, suppressive Nazis:

Chancellor from The Obsolete Man posted:

Stalin, too- but their error was not one of excess. It was simply not going far enough. Too many undesirables were left around, and undesirables eventually form a core of resistance. Old people clutch at the past and won't accept the new. The sick, the maimed, the deformed, they fasten onto the healthy body and damage it, so we eliminate them. And people like yourself- they can perform no useful function for the state so we put an end to them.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
P sure Rod Serling was fairly leftist

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

P sure Rod Serling was fairly leftist

When has that ever stopped a chud from appropriating an image to make their own stupid and wrong point?

See Also: Cowboy Sam Elliott, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004
I don’t worry about Uncle Sam.
They ain’t gonna do poo poo.
Now you on the other hand.
You’re the wild card.
Cause you spent all this time looking at conspiracies and thinking daddy Trump was gonna save you.
Newsflash mother fucker.
He ain’t.
Nor is twinkle toes joe.
But let’s talk shall we... Free man to whatever you think you are.
They cut off your gas, now what? You ready to boogie?
Power goes out? You got power?
Comms go out? You and I chatting about the coordinates of the peeps?
Food gets shut down? You feasting on some bison and elk with me? Are you bringing the mashed potatoes and wine or are you showing up busted and starving?
Look man, let me break this down like a fraction.
Texas got a little chilly and they lost their drat minds. Some pipeline you never heard of goes off the rails and you ain’t event got petrol to start your lawn mower let alone trek the family to safety.
Some of y’all are getting jerked around like a yo yo. Some of y’all lose your poo poo when something as simple as the power goes out or a pipeline gets “hacked.”
Trust me kittens, y’all are hosed if that’s your rodeo. If you can’t move 300 miles in any direction any time, you got problems. If you can’t call me when the cell towers go down, you ain’t in this game. If you can’t bring safety or security to my spot, you ain’t invited nor will you be invited to ANY spot.
Some of you carry a piece of plastic in your pocket like it’s a never ending ATM. Some of y’all got a crusty loaf of bread and half eaten box of coco puffs as your survival food 🤣.
Y’all can flex hard and scream America 🇺🇸 but some of you “patriots” are running around on EMPTY thinking you’ll be good, but when the music stops you ain’t gonna find a chair for 100 miles.
Smarten the gently caress up yall.
When the going is good that’s when you secure the foundation, but some of y’all are trying to patch the holes with borrowed peanut butter from the neighbor.
I promise you, Uncle Sam ain’t your homeboy, and when your belly rumbles and your kids are cold fruit loop joe ain’t throwing you a bite off his t-bone or a warm night on his couch.
Smarten the gently caress up.
FREE MAN.
OUT.
🇺🇸

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Now buy my survival granola, only $50 a pound

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

borkencode posted:

I don’t worry about Uncle Sam.
They ain’t gonna do poo poo.
Now you on the other hand.
You’re the wild card.
Cause you spent all this time looking at conspiracies and thinking daddy Trump was gonna save you.
Newsflash mother fucker.
He ain’t.
Nor is twinkle toes joe.
But let’s talk shall we... Free man to whatever you think you are.
They cut off your gas, now what? You ready to boogie?
Power goes out? You got power?
Comms go out? You and I chatting about the coordinates of the peeps?
Food gets shut down? You feasting on some bison and elk with me? Are you bringing the mashed potatoes and wine or are you showing up busted and starving?
Look man, let me break this down like a fraction.
Texas got a little chilly and they lost their drat minds. Some pipeline you never heard of goes off the rails and you ain’t event got petrol to start your lawn mower let alone trek the family to safety.
Some of y’all are getting jerked around like a yo yo. Some of y’all lose your poo poo when something as simple as the power goes out or a pipeline gets “hacked.”
Trust me kittens, y’all are hosed if that’s your rodeo. If you can’t move 300 miles in any direction any time, you got problems. If you can’t call me when the cell towers go down, you ain’t in this game. If you can’t bring safety or security to my spot, you ain’t invited nor will you be invited to ANY spot.
Some of you carry a piece of plastic in your pocket like it’s a never ending ATM. Some of y’all got a crusty loaf of bread and half eaten box of coco puffs as your survival food 🤣.
Y’all can flex hard and scream America 🇺🇸 but some of you “patriots” are running around on EMPTY thinking you’ll be good, but when the music stops you ain’t gonna find a chair for 100 miles.
Smarten the gently caress up yall.
When the going is good that’s when you secure the foundation, but some of y’all are trying to patch the holes with borrowed peanut butter from the neighbor.
I promise you, Uncle Sam ain’t your homeboy, and when your belly rumbles and your kids are cold fruit loop joe ain’t throwing you a bite off his t-bone or a warm night on his couch.
Smarten the gently caress up.
FREE MAN.
OUT.
🇺🇸

I never pegged Gordon as a Republican.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

So that's what furiously masturbating to Fight Club sounds like in text form.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
I'm now mentally inserting the Saddest Rhino style emojis into it

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

quote:

Texas got a little chilly and they lost their drat minds.

I know, and how about those people in Joplin, it got a little windy and they lost their minds.

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.

borkencode posted:

when something as simple as the power goes out

I like how a massive power outage is "simple"

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

extremely southern expression "petrol"

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

gently caress yeah, murika! Git er done! All yall better darn tootin be like me saving up extra litres of petrol for me lorrie, cowboy! Or I'll say gday mate and go play me digiridu. You better learn you how to hunt'n'fish partner, aint no Joe Biden goin bring you a burger and chips if'n you cain't shoot yerself a buck on the high veldt and skin it in your bakkie homeboy. Yodelaheehoo!

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
I love how Uncle Sam ain't worth jack poo poo don't expect nothing but also be a REAL AMERICAN and :FLAG EMOJI:

Country ain't poo poo, community ain't poo poo, friendship ain't poo poo, it's just all rugged individualism and that's the only way you get to belong to our group lmao

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

V-Men posted:

Workday is better than Taleo.

Extremely gently caress Taleo. 'Oh, you want to apply? Sure, log in! Wait no, that saved password suddenly somehow doesn't match any account. Here, we'll email you a reset link. Resetting your password? Sure, just log in first!'

Repeat until you scream.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Orange Devil posted:

I love how Uncle Sam ain't worth jack poo poo don't expect nothing but also be a REAL AMERICAN and :FLAG EMOJI:

Country ain't poo poo, community ain't poo poo, friendship ain't poo poo, it's just all rugged individualism and that's the only way you get to belong to our group lmao

So ironic considering community bonds are what are most valuable in survival scenarios (and just in general) for longevity

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

VitalSigns posted:

extremely southern expression "petrol"

literally never heard an american call it this ever, even once. Like if you said petrol to the vast majority of americans I don't think they'd even connect it to gas

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I bet they couldn't even distinguish between petrol and cheese!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I do love this as an excellent commonwealth of dunces take on it.

VitalSigns posted:

gently caress yeah, murika! Git er done! All yall better darn tootin be like me saving up extra litres of petrol for me lorrie, cowboy! Or I'll say gday mate and go play me digiridu. You better learn you how to hunt'n'fish partner, aint no Joe Biden goin bring you a burger and chips if'n you cain't shoot yerself a buck on the high veldt and skin it in your bakkie homeboy. Yodelaheehoo!

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Joseph Robinette Biden, my hero and saviour, would never call fries chips.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

So he's saying healthcare should be universal.... Wow, how woke!

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005
To be fair, Paul Ryan was in favor of a policy that would nationalize the stock market (he wanted to invest a percentage of Social Security in stocks, but SS is big enough that the US Government would end up owning the entire stock market within a couple of decades), so maybe he was secretly in favor of a single-payer healthcare system too.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Medullah posted:

So he's saying healthcare should be universal.... Wow, how woke!

Reminds me how the Republicans put in a poison pill to make Congress use Obamacare, and the Dems called the bluff and said ok.

Don't know if it's still the case but for a while members of Congress and staff were the only ones required to get healthcare through the exchanges

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

borkencode posted:

Newsflash mother fucker.
He ain’t.
Nor is twinkle toes joe.
This is just a regular Trump supporter doubling down on January 6th. "If I don't get Trump, burn the country down".

Coming to the 20% point of realizing that Trump lost must be mentally awful if they're not even bothering to attack the democrats anymore. They're just back to the 2000 Republican plan of bankrupting the country.

What's next? "If the United States cares about the environment, I've got news for you, the Eurounion/United Nations can't change the planet's temperature".

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Tag yourselves I'm Romanian riminals.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Is a knife drug like when you coat your knife in poison to make it deadlier?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQTn1QxCZ2s

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Don't bring a knife drug to a white children gun fight.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

DarkHorse posted:

Reminds me how the Republicans put in a poison pill to make Congress use Obamacare, and the Dems called the bluff and said ok.

Don't know if it's still the case but for a while members of Congress and staff were the only ones required to get healthcare through the exchanges

Yes, Congresspeople and their staff buy their insurance through DC's Obamacare exchange. However, they also still get the employer subsidies for their coverage they were getting back when they had employer-provided health insurance instead.

This is because the Obamacare exchanges aren't really designed to handle people who already have health insurance through their employers. But Republicans, specifically Chuck Grassley, thought they could score points by demanding Congress use Obamacare. And then, as you note, their bluff was called and they had to kludge together a way to make it work.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1ogibWCNKI

the more things change

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I went to Little Caesars today to grab something quick for dinner and there was a sign taped next to the drive through window that said that menu prices would be raised due to a minimum wage increase. I haven't heard about one in Virginia but I assume they're just raising prices everywhere because some states might be.

I know that the stock market calls for infinite growth (which is obviously unsustainable) and that in order to have growth that raising prices is going to be necessary if there's a wage increase, despite the fact wages aren't a large part of a company's spending. But I feel like having a sign calling it out is meant to get people angry that the minimum wage is going up because "Hey now poo poo costs more, drat those politicians for raising minimum wage!" and while it's not "Fifteen dollars for a Big Mac" type increases, people will get mad over a 50 cent increase if you say it's because you're paying workers slightly more.

I have heard that the dude who owns Little Caesars is an rear end in a top hat so I definitely feel like this is a purposeful attempt to say "Hey, if you don't like us raising our prices, be sure and vote for politicians who will never raise minimum wage."

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Twelve by Pies posted:

I have heard that the dude who owns Little Caesars is an rear end in a top hat so I definitely feel like this is a purposeful attempt to say "Hey, if you don't like us raising our prices, be sure and vote for politicians who will never raise minimum wage."

It was probably a franchisee pulling that poo poo. Oddly enough the dude that owned Little Caesars till he died a few years ago was like the polar opposite of Papa "Why aren't I allowed to say the N-Word?" John.

John Schnatter (Papa Johns douche) threw a shitfit with the ACA was passed in 2010 and told everyone that pizza prices would go up because of it...which he did and then proceeded to lowball his employees by cutting hours so he wasn't mandated to offer health insurance to most of his work force.

Edit:

WoodrowSkillson posted:

The original owner of Little Ceasar's was Mike Illitch, who was a typical billionaire. He was a institution here in Detroit since he also owned the Tigers and the Red Wings. He was also known for being more of the bill gates type of billionaire that did things like pay for Rosa Parks apartment until she died. His kids own the companies now, and it seems all of them are like trumps moron kids and are just evil motherfuckers.

Oh really? Well that sucks. I didn't think Illitch was a saint but compared to shitheads like Schnatter he was least worst.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 04:27 on May 18, 2021

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Twelve by Pies posted:

I went to Little Caesars today to grab something quick for dinner and there was a sign taped next to the drive through window that said that menu prices would be raised due to a minimum wage increase. I haven't heard about one in Virginia but I assume they're just raising prices everywhere because some states might be.

I know that the stock market calls for infinite growth (which is obviously unsustainable) and that in order to have growth that raising prices is going to be necessary if there's a wage increase, despite the fact wages aren't a large part of a company's spending. But I feel like having a sign calling it out is meant to get people angry that the minimum wage is going up because "Hey now poo poo costs more, drat those politicians for raising minimum wage!" and while it's not "Fifteen dollars for a Big Mac" type increases, people will get mad over a 50 cent increase if you say it's because you're paying workers slightly more.

The original owner of Little Ceasar's was Mike Illitch, who was a typical billionaire. He was a institution here in Detroit since he also owned the Tigers and the Red Wings. He was also known for being more of the bill gates type of billionaire that did things like pay for Rosa Parks apartment until she died. His kids own the companies now, and it seems all of them are like trumps moron kids and are just evil motherfuckers.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Handsome Ralph posted:

It was probably a franchisee pulling that poo poo. Oddly enough the dude that owned Little Caesars till he died a few years ago was like the polar opposite of Papa "Why aren't I allowed to say the N-Word?" John.

John Schnatter (Papa Johns douche) threw a shitfit with the ACA was passed in 2010 and told everyone that pizza prices would go up because of it...which he did and then proceeded to lowball his employees by cutting hours so he wasn't mandated to offer health insurance to most of his work force.

Specifically, Schnatter announced he'd have to raise prices by 10-14 cents a pizza to deal with the crushing costs of Obamacare, and apparently expected everyone to go, "No, you're right, that's clearly unaffordable, better give up any thought of expanding health care access."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I’ve never seen so many people complain about making more money.